I recommend it. They are very catlike. I love cats and sometimes want a tail (Did I say that outloud). A cat/ human hybrid is very cool. Plus, as thay often act more humane than the humans, you soon stop viewing them so differently.:better::)

I saw it for the second time yesterday haha...

i also like to add... the special effect is amazing. best i've seen.

Even my sister (who only watches chick flicks :smilerolleyes: ) loved it.
she didn't want to see it at first but I made sure she did :p

I really didn't see what was racist about the film, I have to say. It was more about greed, war and destruction... not about race. But, that's just my view.

I thought it was a good movie... a B story made into an A movie thanks to the graphics.

I saw it and I loved it. I watched Avatar 3D, and on a side note, the 3D is overrated, I should have just watched the normal Avatar. But back to the film.

I couldn't hold back the tears at the scene where the military bombed the giant Hallow tree. :cry:

I also found the ceremonies and customs of the Avatars very compelling, and totally had a Will You Be There vibe from this film. If only they used that sound track with this film.

Zoe and Sam did a great job portraying their characters in this film.

I was hoping someone would make a thread about this

i saw it on monday.

IT WAS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :woohoo:
the story line was great and the special effect was awesome.

i think i want to see it again.

couldn't help think Mike would have loved that movie. haha
I'm thinking the same thing here. :wild:

I wish MJ could see this movie. I hope at least his kids go see this movie.

Went to see it tonight in 3D and it's EPIC! :yes: One of the best films I've seen in a long time, it's up there with TII :D I expected it to be one of those things that get all hyped up and turns out to be just an average film but it wasn't, I couldn't have been more wrong. I'll definitely be going to see it again!

Just saw it tonight and thought it was really good. Great special effects, very good story. And it didn't feel like I sat through a movie that was like 2 hours and 40 minutes long. It was worth seeing on the big screen. :)

I like this film I saw it in 3D . I like beautiful scene of the tree and stuff like that. A good one of the year i think

I'm sorry, but I can only say what I saw. The movie was very much about people's racist opinions of others. I think it is important to note that the movie is not racist but accurately portrays this kind of white militaristic attitude towards other cultures. The idea that if someone has something you want, than just go and take it and use force if necessary.

This does not take away from the movie, but it gives it added kudos, for it is one of the few movies I have seen that portrays the indigenous people as not being simplistic, stupid and paranoid.

If this is not an observation you have made, than it is ok to feel differently about the movie. Perception often times reflects experience. As ours are possibly different we can have differing opinions. Non being more right that the other. These are simply the observations about the movie, I have made.

I agree!! Just like what the white western settlers did to the American Indians, murder them and take their land.

I saw the movie yesterday in Imax, 3D. Excellent! I didn't see it as "racist", just, as previously mentioned, it was about greed, superior attitude, and lack of respect for different beings.

I think Michael would have liked it, the "Earth Song" similarity, but would be very saddened, like I was, of the portrayal of the acute need to Heal The World!! -- The evil behavior of mankind!! A real tearjerker for me!

Wasn't it great the guy saying "who's bad?" LOL I thought Michael!!

Last edited:
I thought the story was pretty predictable. It reminded me of a mix of Fern Gully and Dances With Wolves, but it was really beautiful. I love James Cameron. He's one of my favorite directors, so it's nice to see him doing a feature length film again.

I just got back from watching this amazing movie. It was gorgeous and I agree with the sentiments that Michael would have loved the film.
I want to see it again.

Funny enough, this movie makes me dislike the human species very much lol. I wish I was an alien instead. But I'm not.

...or am I? ;)

best movie everrrrrr.... Ive seen it twice... once in 3D and once in IMAX 3D.... it was almost like i could lick sam worthington... drooooooooool

best movie i've seen so far this 2009! :D lol.

Lookie.. I made myself a Na'vi. :D hahaha. :)

Myself_as_a_Na__vi_by_kirtneill.jpg

it was a greaatt movie!! i loved it! It was interesting to see all the subtle social/political/spritual themes..

Ok, I just got back from seeing the movie. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH omg! Seriously one of the BEST movies I have ever seen. Right when I left the cinema I wanted to turn around and watch it again. Just absolutely amazing! The special effects were awesome! I admit I was yelling at the screen -_- I even once said I hate humans lmfao. I also got teary eyed when they were bombing the giant tree.

I think the message of this movie is kind of a wake up call to humans. It shows how greed is taking over our society, how people will do anything and everything just for money. It also reminded me of the Earth Song. I think Michael would have absolutely loved this movie. I am not speaking for him, but really. Those Na'vi they care so much for each and every living thing on their planet, Pandora and I just was really moved by that. Their thinking really reminded me of Michael for some reason. That's just my opinion on what the message of the movie was. Other people's opinions about it may be different.

I don't know why some people are saying the movie is racist or w.e That's BS and they are just trying to shield the actual message of the movie.

If the world of Pandora was real, I would deff be a Na'vi. :)

Oh and thanks hil (MicHil) for pushing me to go see the movie.

This movie was great.It really impressed me very much.
I wish Pandora existed for real :(.

'Avatar' passes $1 billion at world box office (Reuters News)

'North American moviegoers chipped in $68.3 million, setting a record for a film in its third weekend. The old mark of $45 million was set by "Spider-Man" in 2002.

After 17 days in cinemas across the United States and Canada, "Avatar" has earned $352.1 million, placing it at No. 15 among all movies in terms of ticket sales...'

read full article at: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0321198020100103?type=marketsNews

I went to see "Avatar" a few days after it came out. I loved it. This movie totally rocks. If I had the time and money, I would go and see it again and again.

Xdecade: This movie was great.It really impressed me very much.
I wish Pandora existed for real .

During the movie i just sat there and thought wow this movie is michaeling. I read someone already commented how the earth song resembles some scenes in avatar. It was awesome. Did anyone else catch a glimpse of the ground lighting up when they walk in the night scenes. lol i giggled cuz i remember billie jean. The animations, colour, everything was brilliant. But really made mankind look very very bad. Made me realise that pandora does exist but in the form of polar bear habitat that is being destroyed due to global warming. Our rainforests being torn down due to lumbering. Our seas being exploited due to illegal and excessive fishing plus factories dumping their dump in it. So pandora does exist, we just dont see it.

Last edited:
dude..Cameron likes to make his movies expensive. 18.50 to see a movie????

dammmnnnn!!!!

He started that trend with Titanic. no wonder it got big at the box office fast. one for the price of two. same goes for this one.

@Crazy4umjackson

I think Pandora represents the old earth...and what happened....It had a big impact on me...I know it sounds crazy but it really did.It never happened to me before.
I'll go to see it again this week if I have free time...and I never see a movie twice.I guess this is a big event.

btw: thread rated 5/5 :D

@william

Yeah you're right.But you gotta admit,it's a great movie.

Last edited:
@Crazy4umjackson

I think Pandora represents the old earth...and what happened....It had a big impact on me...I know it sounds crazy but it really did.It never happened to me before.
I'll go to see it again this week if I have free time...and I never see a movie twice.I guess this is a big event.

btw: thread rated 5/5 :D

@william

Yeah you're right.But you gotta admit,it's a great movie.

i hadn't seen it, so i don't know that..and i aint gunna..i can't afford it. lol

Back