Why are some people hating on Avatar? My God I genuinely loved the movie, it was so original and epically portrayed :) Number Two internationally! YES!

I went to go see this movie last weekend with a friend. We thought it would be fun to watch a 3D movie stoned. But I ended up passing out in the cinema. My mate said she quite enjoyed it though. And that the state she was did actually enhance the movie. So I might try it again. But this time I wont stay up til 6 in the morning before hand.

:lol:

This glossy crap is threatening two franchises I love, Batman and Star Wars.

'Avatar' passes 'Star Wars' with $491.8M in US

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- James Cameron's "Avatar" has shot past "Star Wars" to become the No. 3 movie on the all-time domestic box office charts. Next stop: "The Dark Knight."

Cameron's sci-fi saga took in $41.3 million over the weekend, raising its domestic total to $491.8 million. Worldwide, "Avatar" has grossed $1.5 billion.

"Avatar" topped "Star Wars," which took in $460.9 million domestically in its original run and several reissues over the years. Factoring in today's higher admission prices, "Star Wars" remains well ahead on actual number of tickets sold.

"Avatar" is closing on "The Dark Knight," No. 2 domestically with $533.3 million. After that, only Cameron's "Titanic" at $600 million will remain ahead of "Avatar" domestically.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=452175

Go Ava its yo Birthday...:dancin:we gonna party like its yo Birthday...:lol:

Thats a great news. :D Thanx for sharing...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Star Wars is still the biggest. and you really do have to consider the ticket prices. and sorry to say this, but you really have to consider politics in hollywood. politics garners lies. and it will really depend on how much they like George Lucas, as compared to James Cameron. and Cameron is a favorite, in hollywood, right now.

How bad are the Avatar prices in the US? Over here it's just the same as a normal ticket plus £1 if you need 3D Glasses.

My ticket was $17.50 for regular 3D, I think is more for imax 3d. I think VNC said it was $18.50 for him in Calif.

After winning Best Picture for Drama and Best Director at the Golden Globes, I wouldn't be surprised if Avatar sweeps the Oscars this year.

I have just came back from finally watchign Avatar 3D. I was sure I will find a thread on this and here you are. I have not read all the comments, so here is my own raw emotions.

I simply LOVED IT. Love it, love it, love it. It's been years without feeling what I felt during the hours I was watching it, the emotion, the surprise, the exciment, the fear and etc, etc. I think I hadn't felt this way since Lord of the Rings. I was simply out of my mind. Loved the music, the footage, the images, the scenarios, the colours, the messages!

And well.... call me a fool, but I was thinking of Michael all the time. I felt he would have loved every second of this movie. The magic of 3D is amazing, but... I have a terrible headache :lol: I loved the colors!!!! Green and blue... planet Earth... gentle and blue... are you just floating by?.... I shed tears, I must admit it. You know, I'm this weak and everytime I really enjoy something, I wish MJ had been here to enjoy it too :(

But for some minutes I just let myself got trapped by the story and felt happy and.... free? That was weird, I know, but I really felt so many emotions that I was even confused. After dark June I am hardly ever fully enjoying any of the things I used to love so much, such us movies, but this time in almost 7 months, at least for a while, I was simply in awe to see what talent, creativity and passion can create.

I had only two loved movies, the best ever for me: Star Wars (4,5,6) and Lord of the Rings (especially TROTK), but now... I think I have found the third. I need to see it again anyway, to really find out what's that I loved so much.

I really, really, really wish Michael could have seen this movie. Groundbreaking. I hope you have enjoyed it too :)

How bad are the Avatar prices in the US? Over here it's just the same as a normal ticket plus £1 if you need 3D Glasses.

it depends, i guess, on which state you're in. here in california..los angeles..it's damn expensive. 18.50

Hey,

I loved the film, thought it was great!!!

Look what I get sent the other day:

16870_104855252867529_100000291630039_119508_6670894_n.jpg

:wub:

I love it !!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey,

I loved the film, thought it was great!!!

Look what I get sent the other day:

16870_104855252867529_100000291630039_119508_6670894_n.jpg

:wub:

I love it !!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah Michael would have loved that!

This film is what Michael's all about - imagination, nature, healing, a quest for peace and love...

I went to see Avatar last night. But I had a problem. I kept getting dizzy headed and felt sick. I think it had something to do with the 3D effects, it has happened to me before. I feel like I'm about to faint. I was ok othervise, maybe just a bit tired. Our seats were also really close, the 2nd row, it was a big theatre so you should have a good view no matter where you are placed but for 3D movie the 2nd row was too close.
I had to keep my eyes closed, especially when there was a fast moving scene. I tried watching it without the 3D glasses but that didn't work out. Maybe I should go see it again, and take the back seat.

Has anybody else had such a problem?

My ticket was $17.50 for regular 3D, I think is more for imax 3d. I think VNC said it was $18.50 for him in Calif.
terrible prizes. Our tickets yesterday were 6,50€ (special super saving day) and they borrow you the glasses. Normal it would have been 13,50€ but if you go on a week day daytime it's like 8€. And with serial tickets it's the same as any other movie.

Avatar the 2nd all time best film from USA.overtook the dark knight.Titanic next :).

:dance:

And it'll be the #1 highest grossing film of all time worldwide by tomorrow at the latest, beating Titanic's record.

Amazing! I've been tracking its box office gross since its release. The amount of money this film has made in just about a month blows my mind. I've never seen anything like this before. :bugeyed

I already had watch the film.. it was so fantastics.. I love it.. my favorite movie now.. It was like you was in the movie,.. and when the movie was done.. its like.. you are back to the old .. back to planet earth ^^ it was amazing... i mean it!! You guys gotta love it so much!!!!

Xdecade: This movie was great.It really impressed me very much.
I wish Pandora existed for real .

During the movie i just sat there and thought wow this movie is michaeling. I read someone already commented how the earth song resembles some scenes in avatar. It was awesome. Did anyone else catch a glimpse of the ground lighting up when they walk in the night scenes. lol i giggled cuz i remember billie jean. The animations, colour, everything was brilliant. But really made mankind look very very bad. Made me realise that pandora does exist but in the form of polar bear habitat that is being destroyed due to global warming. Our rainforests being torn down due to lumbering. Our seas being exploited due to illegal and excessive fishing plus factories dumping their dump in it. So pandora does exist, we just dont see it.

When they walked and you could see the lights I thought immediately of Billie Jean and I know I wasn’t alone in the theater with that thought, for I could hear one guy say ooohh Billie Jean loud. :D Yes it was very Michaeling and beautiful. :wub:

Avatar surpassed Titanic on the worldwide chart with 4 mil $

Like many others have said before me, I was constantly having michae in my mind when watching it. I've seen it twice now, and probably will see it one last time soon.

I kept thinking how michael would have loved to see this with his children. The colors and everything is so magical and you really escape this world for almost 3 hours..

The part where the trees light up remined me too of billie jean.. haha, i thoought t myself james cameron MUST have gotten som inspiration from michael. Throughout the movie there was theese small mentionings or bits that was so michael.
Like when jake warned the people about the last fight and you could hear the one sentence "....And our childrens, children.." I mean, who else than michael has said that line before. I liked that part.

wow. if i pre-order the tickets now,i have to wait for a month
anyway i'm getting them within these few days.i really can't wait to see it!

Now the box office has finally caught up with yesterdays worldwide gross - Avatar is OFFICIALLY the highest grossing film of all time. YES!

Wow, biggest selling movie of all time :bugeyed

I haven't seen it yet and I wasn't planning to see it but I might have to now that it passed even Titanic.. maybe just to see the Michael moments :D

This movie is immaculate! It deserves the attention its getting IMHO. Great message behind it too. Way to go Cameron! :dance:

I saw the movie today...and for me, it was the BEST MOVIE EVER!!! I love love LOVED it to pieces!!!

Interesting about the reports of people being suicidal after watching it. I'm certainly not suicidal...but walking out of the theater was rather depressing! The movie just draws you straight into their world...like an amazing dream that feels real...and then you wake up and realize it wasn't. lol. I was like "aw man, Earth seems so dull now" after watching the movie. :lol: I'm just waitin' on the DVD now so I can watch it as many times as I want!

Interesting about the reports of people being suicidal after watching it. I'm certainly not suicidal...but walking out of the theater was rather depressing! The movie just draws you straight into their world...like an amazing dream that feels real...and then you wake up and realize it wasn't. lol. I was like "aw man, Earth seems so dull now" after watching the movie. :lol: I'm just waitin' on the DVD now so I can watch it as many times as I want!
Really? I haven't heard about that, scary :bugeyed

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rank[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Title[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]USA Box Office[/SIZE][/FONT] 1. Avatar (2009) $603,789,348 2. Titanic (1997) $600,779,824
Who's bad now?:p

Back