Palestinian protesters pose as Na'vi from "Avatar"

fb8bfecc.jpg
5e7937ce.jpg

JERUSALEM (AP) - Palestinian protesters have added a colorful twist to demonstrations against Israel's separation barrier, painting themselves blue and posing as characters from the hit film "Avatar."

The demonstrators also donned long hair and loincloths Friday for the weekly protest against the barrier near the village of Bilin.

They equated their struggle to the intergalactic one portrayed in the film.

Israel says the barrier is needed for its security. Palestinians consider it a land grab.

The protests have become a symbol of opposition. They often end in clashes with Israeli security forces involving stones and tear gas.

The "Avatar" protest comes a day after the Israeli government began rerouting the enclosure to eat up less of the Palestinian village.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9DQQLG83&show_article=1

The ironic part is that the head of Fox Studios and its parent corporation, NewsCorp is Rupert Murdoch, an ardent Zionist, which is understandable given his purported heritage.

"BIOGRAPHICAL details of [Rupert] Murdoch's past are sketchy and often contradictory. One reads that his grandfather was an impoverished Presbyterian minister who migrated to Australia from England, that his father was a low-paid reporter for a British newspaper in Australia, and yet, young Rupert divided his time between his family's suburban home near Melbourne and the family's sheep ranch in the country. He was educated first at the fashionable Geelong private school, and went on to the elitist and aristocratic Oxford University in England.

"Rupert's father Sir Keith Murdoch attained his prominent position in Australian society through a fortuitous marriage to the daughter of a wealthy Jewish family, née Elisabeth Joy Greene. Through his wife's connections, Keith Murdoch was subsequently promoted from reporter to chairman of the British-owned newspaper where he worked. There was enough money to buy himself a knighthood of the British realm, two newspapers in Adelaide, South Australia, and a radio station in a faraway mining town. For some reason, Murdoch has always tried to hide the fact that his pious mother brought him up as a Jew..."

Candour
, June 1984 issue (vol. XXXV, no. 6)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rank[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Title[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]USA Box Office[/SIZE][/FONT] 1. Avatar (2009) $603,789,348 2. Titanic (1997) $600,779,824
Who's bad now?:p

And they're both made by same director James Cameron :shock:
He is a legend !!!

My favorite movie... It makes me sad how people had destroy this world... I want to die and live as a Na'vi or another human in another beautiful planet.... I think about it everytime..
This world is stress out.. about school, work, homework... etc.. I just want to go away from the real world... and be in a fantasy world .. :(

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rank[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Title[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]USA Box Office[/SIZE][/FONT]1.Avatar (2009)$603,789,3482.Titanic (1997)$600,779,824
Who's bad now?:p
Are those numbers really correct? Because the tickets are more expensive now than when Titanic came..

I saw it on DVD last week. Found it much more enjoyable than I thought I would, and the picture graphics were simply breathtaking. James Cameron must be one happy man lol.

f28ec075.jpg

'Avatar' Re-Release Includes Alien Sex Scene

James Cameron restores an intimate scene between Jake and Naytiri for the epic's end of the summer re-release

By William Yelles
TheWrap.com

When "Avatar" returns to theaters in 3-D and 3-D IMAX for a limited engagement Aug. 27, among the eight minutes of new bonus footage is a scene that has had fanboys buzzing for months.

"It's been restored, every last frame of it. Seriously," director James Cameron tells MTV News. However, "I would say, just so that we correctly manage people's expectations, it does not change our rating at all. I would call it more of an alien foreplay scene. It's not like they're ripping their clothes off and going at it."

Naytiri (Zoe Saldana) and Jake's (Sam Worthington) lovemaking is described as "the ultimate intimacy" in the screenplay. "They come together into a kiss and sink down on the bed of moss, and ripples of light spread out around them."

Cameron is also said to be considering shooting the two sequels to "Avatar" back-to-back since the movies would involve so much motion capture and special effects work. He also claims to be working on a novelization of the first film.

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/fea...ar-rerelease-alien-sex-scene/story/?gt1=28140

Back