Saw it 2 weeks ago in 3D & it was one of the best cinematic experiences of my life.Honestly,it reminded me of how good cinema can be & what it can do.

Just saw it in IMAX 3D last night. It was amazing. Thought i wouldn't say it was the BEST 3D movie , cause couple of the trailers looked way better in 3D. Im sure the movie will look crazzzzzzy in BLU RAY. Movie experience was awesome though.

i watched it in 3D

oh it's fantastic. i'm sure you'll love it.
I knew it was gonna be a good movie... [i was waiting for this movie for awhile] but it blew my mind. :D

yea... it kind of reminded me of the footage of the Earth Song from TII at some point.... the beautiful nature of that movie....:wub:

makes me want to be an avatar myself lol

OMG, i was thinking the same thing about Earth Song! i cried at a few parts, just because it reminded me so much of what Michael stood for, and it made me miss him all the more...:cry:

But, it was a FANTASTIC movie...! Didn't even seem like 3 hours...Very beautiful !

Omg AVATAR!!!

I'm pretty emotional after watching the film *AVATAR*...

Its time to learn that we cant always get what we want. Even if it is forcing people out of their homes so we can have it! HIStory repeats its self people, and we haven't learn a DAMN thing from it. What is peace to us? Is peace so boring that we want to see some action by starting war? Well, War hasnt gotten us anything...except losing our loved ones...If anyone believes what i've just said, Please watch AVATAR! Its not an alien Movie...its teaching us how power can be abused in the year 2115(a century and 5years later)!

It is the most detailed film that i've ever seen. This is what we're doing to our planet right now and in "2115", we'll do the same thing to another planet because we dont have anything left to destroy in our own world anymore. This is greed people. One of the 10 Commandments...Oh, how God is disappointed in us...I cant even imagine. :cry:

The whole time I was watching this film, Michael popped into my head...I remembered his words from his songs...I started to cry long before the ending because I didnt know humans were that cruel to others. Just because we havent experienced it first hand does not mean it doesnt exist. What about the Terrorist torture that Bush and his ppl. created. :no:

We have to know that we're not gonna live forever in this world, there is another world where we go to after our death...and we have to try to at least have a common sense of what others feel.

Michael's EARTH SONG says it all...God Bless him soo much...I dont even know how people were soo crule to him. There are bigger things than ourselvs. Michael gave himself to us and we didnt know what to do with that kind of pure soul so we tortured him. God forgive whoever Judged him! :cry:

[youtube]VqeADZgjtpY[/youtube]

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Last edited:

Its time to learn that we cant always get what we want. Even if it is forcing people out of their homes so we can have it! HIStory repeats its self people, and we haven't learn a DAMN thing from it. What is peace to us? Is peace so boring that we want to see some action by starting war? Well, War hasnt gotten us anything...except losing our loved ones...If anyone believes what i've just said, Please watch AVATAR! Its not an alien Movie...its teaching us how power can be abused in the year 2115(a century and 5years later)!

It is the most detailed film that i've ever seen. This is what we're doing to our planet right now and in "2115", we'll do the same thing to another planet because we dont have anything left to destroy in our own world anymore. This is greed people. One of the 10 Commandments...Oh, how God is disappointed in us...I cant even imagine. :cry:

The whole time I was watching this film, Michael popped into my head...I remembered his words from his songs...I started to cry long before the ending because I didnt know humans were that cruel to others. Just because we havent experienced it first hand does not mean it doesnt exist. What about the Terrorist torture that Bush and his ppl. created. :no:

We have to know that we're not gonna live forever in this world, there is another world where we go to after our death...and we have to try to at least have a common sense of what others feel.

Michael's EARTH SONG says it all...God Bless him soo much...I dont even know how people were soo crule to him. There are bigger things than ourselvs. Michael gave himself to us and we didnt know what to do with that kind of pure soul so we tortured him. God forgive whoever Judged him! :cry:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I really feel what you say :cry:.It was the same at me.
Your post made me cry again :cry:.Such a cruel world....

Some See Racist Theme in Alien Adventure 'Avatar'

I have yet to see this movie. So I am interested to know for those who have seen the movie, what message did you get from it? I was actually surprised by this article, considering I've heard so many wonderful things about the movie.
==========================================================

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/some-see-racist-theme-alien-adventure-avatar-ap

Some see racist theme in alien adventure 'Avatar' (AP)Source: AP Mon Jan 11, 2010, 9:40 am EST

- Near the end of the hit film "Avatar," the villain snarls at the hero, "How does it feel to betray your own race?" Both men are white — although the hero is inhabiting a blue-skinned, 9-foot-tall, long-tailed alien.

Strange as it may seem for a film that pits greedy, immoral humans against noble denizens of a faraway moon, "Avatar" is being criticized by a small but vocal group of people who allege it contains racist themes — the white hero once again saving the primitive natives.

Since the film opened to widespread critical acclaim three weeks ago, hundreds of blog posts, newspaper articles, tweets and YouTube videos have said things such as the film is "a fantasy about race told from the point of view of white people" and that it reinforces "the white Messiah fable."

The film's writer and director, James Cameron, says the real theme is about respecting others' differences.

In the film (read no further if you don't want the plot spoiled for you) a white, paralyzed Marine, Jake Sully, is mentally linked to an alien's body and set loose on the planet Pandora. His mission: persuade the mystic, nature-loving Na'vi to make way for humans to mine their land for unobtanium, worth $20 million per kilo back home.

Like Kevin Costner in "Dances with Wolves" and Tom Cruise in "The Last Samurai" or as far back as Jimmy Stewart in the 1950 Western "Broken Arrow," Sully soon switches sides. He falls in love with the Na'vi princess and leads the bird-riding, bow-and-arrow-shooting aliens to victory over the white men's spaceships and mega-robots.

Adding to the racial dynamic is that the main Na'vi characters are played by actors of color, led by a Dominican, Zoe Saldana, as the princess. The film also is an obvious metaphor for how European settlers in America wiped out the Indians.

Robinne Lee, an actress in such recent films as "Seven Pounds" and "Hotel for Dogs," said that "Avatar" was "beautiful" and that she understood the economic logic of casting a white lead if most of the audience is white.

But she said the film, which so far has the second-highest worldwide box-office gross ever, still reminded her of Hollywood's "Pocahontas" story — "the Indian woman leads the white man into the wilderness, and he learns the way of the people and becomes the savior."

"It's really upsetting in many ways," said Lee, who is black with Jamaican and Chinese ancestry. "It would be nice if we could save ourselves."

Annalee Newitz, editor-in-chief of the sci-fi Web site io9.com , likened "Avatar" to the recent film "District 9," in which a white man accidentally becomes an alien and then helps save them, and 1984's "Dune," in which a white man becomes an alien Messiah.

"Main white characters realize that they are complicit in a system which is destroying aliens, AKA people of color ... (then) go beyond assimilation and become leaders of the people they once oppressed," she wrote.

"When will whites stop making these movies and start thinking about race in a new way?" wrote Newitz, who is white.

Black film professor and author Donald Bogle said he can understand why people would be troubled by "Avatar," although he praised it as a "stunning" work.

"A segment of the audience is carrying in the back of its head some sense of movie history," said Bogle, author of "Toms, Coons, Mulattoes, Mammies & Bucks: An Interpretive History of Blacks in American Films."

Bogle stopped short, however, of calling the movie racist.

"It's a film with still a certain kind of distortion," he said. "It's a movie that hasn't yet freed itself of old Hollywood traditions, old formulas."

Writer/director Cameron, who is white, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press that his film "asks us to open our eyes and truly see others, respecting them even though they are different, in the hope that we may find a way to prevent conflict and live more harmoniously on this world. I hardly think that is a racist message."

There are many ways to interpret the art that is "Avatar."

What does it mean that in the final, sequel-begging scene, Sully abandons his human body and transforms into one of the Na'vi for good? Is Saldana's Na'vi character the real heroine because she, not Sully, kills the arch-villain? Does it matter that many conservatives are riled by what they call liberal environmental and anti-military messages?

Is Cameron actually exposing the historical evils of white colonizers? Does the existence of an alien species expose the reality that all humans are actually one race?

"Can't people just enjoy movies any more?" a person named Michelle posted on the Web site for Essence, the magazine for black women, which had 371 comments on a story debating the issue.

Although the "Avatar" debate springs from Hollywood's historical difficulties with race, Will Smith recently saved the planet in "I Am Legend," and Denzel Washington appears ready to do the same in the forthcoming "Book of Eli."

Bogle, the film historian, said that he was glad Cameron made the film and that it made people think about race.

"Maybe there is something he does want to say and put across" about race, Bogle said. "Maybe if he had a black hero in there, that point would have been even stronger."

___

Jesse Washington covers race and ethnicity for The Associated Press.

Re: Some See Racist Theme in Alien Adventure 'Avatar'

Oh Lord.:smilerolleyes:

I don't look that deep into any movie like that, these are the same people that complained about the "Princess and the Frog" causing the movie to change so much.

Vatican underwhelmed by 'Avatar' Jan. 12, 2010, 9:28 AM EST

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The Vatican newspaper and radio station have called the film "Avatar" simplistic, and criticized it for flirting with modern doctrines that promote the worship of nature as a substitute for religion.

L'Osservatore Romano and Vatican Radio dedicated ample coverage to James Cameron's big-grossing, 3-D spectacle. But the reviews were lukewarm, calling the movie superficial in its eco-message, despite groundbreaking visual effects.

L'Osservatore said the film "gets bogged down by a spiritualism linked to the worship of nature." Similarly, Vatican Radio said it "cleverly winks at all those pseudo-doctrines that turn ecology into the religion of the millennium."

"Nature is no longer a creation to defend, but a divinity to worship," the radio said.

Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said that while the movie reviews are just that — film criticism, with no theological weight — they do reflect Pope Benedict XVI's views on the dangers of turning nature into a "new divinity."

Benedict has often spoken about the need to protect the environment, earning the nickname of "green pope." But he has sometimes balanced that call with a warning against neo-paganism.

In a recent World Day of Peace message, the pontiff warned against any notions that equate humans and other living things. He said such notions "open the way to a new pantheism tinged with neo-paganism, which would see the source of man's salvation in nature alone."

The Vatican newspaper occasionally likes to comment in its cultural pages on movies or pop culture icons, as it did recently about "The Simpsons" or U2. In one famous instance, several Vatican officials spoke out against "The Da Vinci Code."

In this case, the reviews came out after a red carpet preview held in Rome a stone's throw from St. Peter's Square. The movie will be released Friday in Italy.

The story of the tall blue creatures who inhabit Pandora and contend with humans intent on grabbing the resources of their planet has made over $1.1 billion at box offices worldwide. Partly boosted by higher 3-D ticket prices, "Avatar" looks well on its way to becoming the biggest grossing movie of all time.

"So much stupefying, enchanting technology, but few genuine emotions," said L'Osservatore Romano, which devoted three articles to "Avatar" in its Sunday editions.

L'Osservatore Romano said the movie's plot is unoriginal and its message not new. It faulted Cameron for taking a "bland approach."

"He tells the story without going deep into it, and ends up falling into sappiness," it said.

Vatican Radio did say, however, that "really never before have such surprising images been seen," while L'Osservatore said the movie's worth lies in its "extraordinary visual impact."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=451321&gt1=28101

WOW is all I can say! This movie is sooo beautiful!! ..like many of you said, it reminded my of Michael sometimes. First in the beginning when the "you can now put on your 3D glasses" came on the screen I immediately thought of 2000Watts lol!

The message of the movie is so amazing! ..I think Michael would have loved this movie.. I wish Pandora was real! So much better than the Earth! I almoust cried when Jake said that we had killed our mother (mother Earth).

Some fans feel "suicidal" after watching Avatar:

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

"Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

Some fans feel "suicidal" after watching Avatar:

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

Wow...Dang...but when you think about it, after watching it you'll feel like this world is not worth it. But i think it was just a waring to us...If we dont stop the greed and the materialistic LOVE that we have for the world, We're not gonna be ending up in a good place...

But to think about suicide is not the answer, to start doing what the mesg. of the film is!

I dont know but when I think about this film, my thought goes to Michael...His mesg. to the world and the LOVE he had and shared...He knew what the key to life was b4 others...God bless him...:angel:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

WOW is all I can say! This movie is sooo beautiful!! ..like many of you said, it reminded my of Michael sometimes. First in the beginning when the "you can now put on your 3D glasses" came on the screen I immediately thought of 2000Watts lol!

The message of the movie is so amazing! ..I think Michael would have loved this movie.. I wish Pandora was real! So much better than the Earth! I almoust cried when Jake said that we had killed our mother (mother Earth).

So true...and if you have a wild imagination that i've got :lol: I thought i saw the trees light in the places when the man and woman were walking on it and thought of Billie Jean(when Mike walked on the squares and it lit up)...but thats just me...:lol:

I loved it! Seemed soo real!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

So true...and if you have a wild imagination that i've got :lol: I thought i saw the trees light in the places when the man and woman were walking on it and thought of Billie Jean(when Mike walked on the squares and it lit up)...but thats just me...:lol:

I loved it! Seemed soo real!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

hahaha yes!! I couldnt get Billie Jean out of my mind in that scene!! So many things that reminded my of Michael :wub:

I went to go see this movie last weekend with a friend. We thought it would be fun to watch a 3D movie stoned. But I ended up passing out in the cinema. My mate said she quite enjoyed it though. And that the state she was did actually enhance the movie. So I might try it again. But this time I wont stay up til 6 in the morning before hand.

are there someone who are good to make people as na'vi/avatar?
plzz pm me ;[ i want me as na'vi :p

This glossy crap is threatening two franchises I love, Batman and Star Wars.

'Avatar' passes 'Star Wars' with $491.8M in US

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- James Cameron's "Avatar" has shot past "Star Wars" to become the No. 3 movie on the all-time domestic box office charts. Next stop: "The Dark Knight."

Cameron's sci-fi saga took in $41.3 million over the weekend, raising its domestic total to $491.8 million. Worldwide, "Avatar" has grossed $1.5 billion.

"Avatar" topped "Star Wars," which took in $460.9 million domestically in its original run and several reissues over the years. Factoring in today's higher admission prices, "Star Wars" remains well ahead on actual number of tickets sold.

"Avatar" is closing on "The Dark Knight," No. 2 domestically with $533.3 million. After that, only Cameron's "Titanic" at $600 million will remain ahead of "Avatar" domestically.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=452175

Amazing movie. In some parts I wanted to cry..it was really powerful. Michael would've loved it so much.Now I can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D with Johnny Depp. ;)

Back