BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion Thread

I'm really hoping this is done right. Not too many crowd shots for the DVD/Blu-ray release, GOOD remixes for the 'Bad 25' album, not to mention the unreleased jams. Come on, Sony. This is the perfect opportunity to recover some of the fans back from the Michael fiasco, from which most people haven't recovered.

I'm really hoping this is done right. Not too many crowd shots for the DVD/Blu-ray release, GOOD remixes for the 'Bad 25' album, not to mention the unreleased jams. Come on, Sony. This is the perfect opportunity to recover some of the fans back from the Michael fiasco, from which most people haven't recovered.

I agree :yes:

This is so confusing to me, for Michael, out of anyone, knows how frustrating it is when you want to see what a performer is doing and then the camara shot is manipulated and taken off what ya most wants to see.

Probably for the same reason he didn't want Pepsi to show his face for more than 4 seconds in the commercial: Michael was always worried about overexposure...

I will have more faith in future other projects too if they do exactly what u stated for the Bad25. But, I can't ever recover from the Michael album. That to me is a whole seperate thing and hopefully a one time thing too?

Last edited:

I will have more faith in future other projects too if they do exactly what u stated for the Bad25. But, I can't ever recover from the Michael album. That to me is a whole seperate thing and hopefully a one time thing too?

The BBC version of the Same Bucharest concert had more MJ and less crowd then the DVD. I have both versions thank god. :p

Guys,

I was just thinking. We are so excited about the coming BAD tour release, but it just occurred to me that his short films from the BAD album could also be released on Bluray!!! Which means, a pristine copy from the original masters scanned in 4K resolution!

In 2011, they found the original reels of MOONWALKER, maybe that's also something to look forward to!

Just thinking out loud!

Guys,

I was just thinking. We are so excited about the coming BAD tour release, but it just occurred to me that his short films from the BAD album could also be released on Bluray!!! Which means, a pristine copy from the original masters scanned in 4K resolution!

In 2011, they found the original reels of MOONWALKER, maybe that's also something to look forward to!

Just thinking out loud!
I hope so...

Does someone know if the cans are also coming to the Netherlands?

This is so confusing to me, for Michael, out of anyone, knows how frustrating it is when you want to see what a performer is doing and then the camara shot is manipulated and taken off what ya most wants to see. In MJ's case, it was James Brown's footwork, for me, I want to not miss any dance moves he's doing, period, and when I watched Bucharist, I was so frustrated. At any given moment I wanted to see what he was going to do next, but all of a sudden I'm seeing the crowd. I was like, "hurry, get back to him, get back to him! gaaahhhhh"

I just watched today his Bad tour performance of Lovely One on YouTube, from a couple tour spots, (I think Japan was one, and Australia the other) and it got me so pumped up for this Bad Tour DVD/Blu-ray! And I'm hoping to be able to see as much of his moves as possible. It is so fun to see him go, go, go! Every energenic movement is pertinent to each beat of the song. :woohoo: It's part of the whole visual experience.

(could kick myself for not seeing the Bad Tour the first time around. Man!)
I hope they read this.

ok, I will stop asking for a bit now. but please tell me that it is 100% being released this year.

This is 100% being released this year.

Are you gonna take a break now?

Last edited:

also the reason why the L.A snippets from 89' have a lot of crowd shots included in Beat it etc. is because Michael was to release this concert in 1990 but was cancelled last minute by either Michael or Sony.

also the reason why the L.A snippets from 89' have a lot of crowd shots included in Beat it etc. is because Michael was to release this concert in 1990 but was cancelled last minute by either Michael or Sony.

Really? how do you know that?..

Rumor. Why everyone is so sure of this I can't understand? It's just fan hypothesis.

So if they already have edited it they should release it. I hope there will be at least 2 concerts in Bad Tour dvd. I know many concert DVDs which have multiple concerts. L.A. concert looks amazing

So if they already have edited it they should release it. I hope there will be at least 2 concerts in Bad Tour dvd. I know many concert DVDs which have multiple concerts. L.A. concert looks amazing

yes I agree but the audio is from Wembley.

Take a look at the BRACE YOURSELF segment. 90% of the footage is from the L.A. Show...

It's just a logical guess. Nothing more. Maybe there's some truth in it maybe not. We can't possibly know it. Therefore, I wouldn't claim it like that.

It's just a logical guess. Nothing more. Maybe there's some truth in it maybe not. We can't possibly know it. Therefore, I wouldn't claim it like that.

Did you notice the clean clarity of the picture from the LA footage? To me it just looks much more sharper than any other concert footage I've seen from this tour.

I think that the coming bad tour release will be the one from LA. It makes logical sense, since it was the final show of this legendary tour.

But yeah, it still is wishful thinking. :)

Bad Tour 88' Wembley is the best IMO.

tbh I don't want the L.A concert, too many crowd shots IMO if they did choose an L.A show then I would choose L.A Nov. 13th 88' but I would still prefer either Wembley, Rome or MSG 88.

Did you notice the clean clarity of the picture from the LA footage? To me it just looks much more sharper than any other concert footage I've seen from this tour.

I think that the coming bad tour release will be the one from LA. It makes logical sense, since it was the final show of this legendary tour.

But yeah, it still is wishful thinking. :)

That's what I'm talking about. You're right and correct. But the thing is, it is just a guess or hypothesis although it makes sense. Apart from logical conclusions and footage quality there is nothing that proves it. Also I don't think sharp picture can much affect if it was edited for release. Other DWT concert footages on The One DVD and even in Bucharest DVD also look very good.

But I think if there will be release, then probably Wembley.

P.S. I love LA and it's no doubt amazing, but it's not in first place for me cause quality of Michael's voice wasn't the best (well, logically it was end of tour and he had sick throat as well)

tbh I don't want the L.A concert, too many crowd shots IMO if they did choose an L.A show then I would choose L.A Nov. 13th 88' but I would still prefer either Wembley, Rome or MSG 88.

Lol crowd shots in some montages have nothing to do with the final look of possible release. No doubt, if they are working on it, they are remasering footage, remixing shots IMO and probably making it look cinematic and so on.
It's a montage - compilation, so it's obvious it will have lots of crowd.

Any super insiders here who can reveal some concert details, yes? No? Oh.

If they have full Wembley concert in quality that was seen in Moonwalker, I would choose it. I hope that Estate/Sony will choose the best concert of the tour.

they are being so quiet about the details of BAD 25 so I'm sure they are preparing something MASSIVE for us.

Bases on the montages you've seen? Or did you attend the private screening of that concert with together with Sony executives??

@MJJLATVIA: I can see that the source of the LA footage is a 35mm print. That's the highest available quality that you'll ever get to see. They could scan the reels in to create a 1920x1080 master. The Bucharest show was filmed on video cameras, because it was shown live worldwide at that time and there was no intention for a home video release. The Dangerous tour would go on for a year, so there was no point in releasing that show at that time. Michael always said that he would prefer people to actually come to his shows in order to experience it as is was meant to be.

The LA show is an other story. It was the end of the tour and at that time e also said it was his last tour. So to compensate with the fans who missed that BAD tour experience, he recorded the LA show in the highest quality available (35mm film) to bring that same experience to our homes.

A Bluray master is a fraction of the original quality.

Lol crowd shots in some montages have nothing to do with the final look of possible release. No doubt, if they are working on it, they are remasering footage, remixing shots IMO and probably making it look cinematic and so on.
It's a montage - compilation, so it's obvious it will have lots of crowd.

Agree!!

I prefer the 15.07.88 of wembley. michael was great, crowd great from what can be seen of the amature recording. also member from here stated the audio of 15-16 has been edited profesionally and we heard few snippets.
and that rumor about LA89 was started by birchey and sorry but brace yourself and the montage from the ST awards isn't prove enough that any release was planed. and if michael canceled, there was reason why and i think its because of what some of us feel about that night. even still-pictures from that night show that it wasn't the best show.
sharpen picture? what other pro montage in dvd quality do we have beside the BY montage and the little on "the one" dvd? none!
just because it was the last show and michael wears white shirt on MITM (lol) that doesn't make it that special at all, to me.
how often people who been at the wembley concerts said that the shows were amazing. never read that about the LA shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back