BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Future MJ Projects from Estate - Bad World Tour DVD

Can someone plz tell me what exactly is blu-ray?

Check out somewhere (maybe youtube) 1080p or 720p HD videos and compare their video quality to DVD. That's what Blu-ray is. It's outstanding HD quality. 10x better than DVD.

Check out somewhere (maybe youtube) 1080p or 720p HD videos and compare their video quality to DVD. That's what Blu-ray is. It's outstanding HD quality. 10x better than DVD.

LOL! no way! Youtube HD is nothing like Blu-Ray HD. The bit rate is MUCH lower, but I see your intended point.

LOL! no way! Youtube HD is nothing like Blu-Ray HD. The bit rate is MUCH lower, but I see your intended point.

Not bitrate was my point. Of course that matters a lot. But I'm referring to HD in general. That's just example where you can see it even though it's compressed.

WOW!! I just saw a clip of Man in the Mirror from Moonwalker and it looks amazing. Almost as if i was up close I could even see MJ's sweat dripping :bugeyed Thanks

I just really hope it happens soon! I would love to have it available in the stores. :)

There is a certain website I'm not sure I am allowed to name, but I bought two FANTASTIC Blurays from there, a 1080p Bluray of Ghosts (ripped from the HDTV broadcast in Asia), and the full Munich concert, which is TRUE HD (we can confirm with sources that experimental 1080i cameras were used for the concert). They are obviously bootlegs, but EXTREMELY good quality. Personally, I find nothing wrong with buying them as long as you support the estate when there are official releases. Highly recommended, at least to see what Bluray is capable of, at least.

Google is your friend.

There is a certain website I'm not sure I am allowed to name, but I bought two FANTASTIC Blurays from there, a 1080p Bluray of Ghosts (ripped from the HDTV broadcast in Asia), and the full Munich concert, which is TRUE HD (we can confirm with sources that experimental 1080i cameras were used for the concert). They are obviously bootlegs, but EXTREMELY good quality. Personally, I find nothing wrong with buying them as long as you support the estate when there are official releases. Highly recommended, at least to see what Bluray is capable of, at least.

Google is your friend.

Lol, but why you bought them? xD They are free to download.

Lol, but why you bought them? xD They are free to download.

I wanted to have them in best quality for my TV. I like watching them with friends, and having HD MJ on a computer screen doesn't do it justice. :D

Plus, the Blurays have the HD audio, as well as the special features in HD. :)

Last edited:

Google is your friend.

Are you sure that you have the 1080i version of Munich? If so, please pm me!

I wanted to have them in best quality for my TV. I like watching them with friends, and having HD MJ on a computer screen doesn't do it justice. :D

Plus, the Blurays have the HD audio, as well as the special features in HD. :)
you're so funny.

the audio of Ghosts broadcast was acc 192kbps + 1080i video. I added the lossless wav audio and uploaded here. So nothing with HDaudio. if they claime anything else them LPCM stereo, then its b.s.
there is no such thing as "TRUE-HD" video. It's only 720p and 1080i/p. But there is Dolby true-hd audio.
If you got Munich'97 zdf-HD, it was 720p(upscale) and audio ac3 448kbps. if anythinting else, they fooling you.
If you got wowow 1080i broadcast, well can't tell anything about, cause i've never seen it. Munich was recorded in hd, but it's highly unlikely, that any tv station got copy of that. So very likely upscale, even through, the zdf one is very good.

So, basicly you've gave money for something thats avaible for free. they downloaded this from here or elsewhere. And you can get your PC to your tv connected, so the justice can be done and enjoyed.

Last edited:

HD AUDIO DOES NOT EXCIST....... it will be uncompressed format, HD is a code for videoquality....

Bad tour should be released this year. However, it might not :( Even until now it's just in level of rumor made by fans. None clear statement has been made. I doubt about this and we can not get Bad tour after waiting so much for it :( However, I hope I'm not right and I still hope for release :)

Please the estate of Michael Jackson, please can you release the second leg of the BAD Tour on DVD without over editing. Thank you and god bless you, we would love you if you release this.

you're so funny.

the audio of Ghosts broadcast was acc 192kbps + 1080i video. I added the lossless wav audio and uploaded here. So nothing with HDaudio. if they claime anything else them LPCM stereo, then its b.s.
there is no such thing as "TRUE-HD" video. It's only 720p and 1080i/p. But there is Dolby true-hd audio.
If you got Munich'97 zdf-HD, it was 720p(upscale) and audio ac3 448kbps. if anythinting else, they fooling you.
If you got wowow 1080i broadcast, well can't tell anything about, cause i've never seen it. Munich was recorded in hd, but it's highly unlikely, that any tv station got copy of that. So very likely upscale, even through, the zdf one is very good.

So, basicly you've gave money for something thats avaible for free. they downloaded this from here or elsewhere. And you can get your PC to your tv connected, so the justice can be done and enjoyed.

I see what you mean. I was pretty sure the Bluray was an upscale from 720p. It is the ZDF broadcast upscaled to 1080p. I do have a cable that runs from the computer to TV, however my computer is not fast enough to support the video at a decent speed. As for the audio, I have no idea what I was talking aboutwhen I mentioned HD audio. What I really meant was I could feed the audio from the disc straight to my home theater system. Thank you very much for the clarification. All in all, I think getting the Bluray is worth it when you get special features, chapters, etc. without having to deal with cables and such.

I'm afraid this is a little off topic, I apologize, but I have to ask... Are there any other "official" (not fan projects on YouTube) 720p/1080p short films or performances that are available online other than Ghosts or HIStory tour?

Are there any other "official" (not fan projects on YouTube) 720p/1080p short films or performances that are available online other than Ghosts or HIStory tour?

Yeah, we have 30th Anniversary MSG 2001 performance in 1080i HD. And those blu-rays you bought are for sure fan mades. There is no official stuff about that.

Bad tour should be released this year. However, it might not :( Even until now it's just in level of rumor made by fans. None clear statement has been made. I doubt about this and we can not get Bad tour after waiting so much for it :( However, I hope I'm not right and I still hope for release :)

Two words my friend: low expectations!

If you lower your expectations and don't expect anything that good (or anything at all, while you're at it) that way you won't be disappointed when you either don't get the material you wanted or get a shitty release of that material.

If the Estate's posthumous projects have though us anything it's that we shouldn't expect anything good that would actually please the fans and NOT make them argue.

From where I see it, the Estate (so far) isn't about making sure we get what material we want and get it released the way WE want it, it's about releasing any half assed project that'll make them a few bucks

I'm afraid this is a little off topic, I apologize, but I have to ask... Are there any other "official" (not fan projects on YouTube) 720p/1080p short films or performances that are available online other than Ghosts or HIStory tour?
I hope you have the official Moonwalker Blu-ray. its totaly worth it.
check the 2000watts section. there are ES wetten dass & wma96 in 720p to find in great quality.

the rumour about the tour was started around last year or even earlier. everyone say's, no officia statement, no official confirmation yet. well no one makes announcement 1-2 years before release. such things are announced 6 month before the release. Same thing was with Blu-ray releases of LOTR, SW and now same is happening with Indiana Jones. It all starts with rumours years before. I mean first there are the rumours, then anoucement that is worked on the project. then confirmation with release date and details.
Madonna's Truth or dare was announced in middle of Oct 2011. release date was confirmed end of Jan 2012.
Moonwalker was announced fall 2009, confirmed spring, released early summer (if I remember right).

we don't know when or if any 25th Bad is going to happen. there were claims by fans that have connections to estate and sony, that are plans about such project.

Soooo, if the estate really is reading and watching here, then i don't see why we shouldn't talk or "maintain" the rumour.
For now , it looks like they are reading for the wrong reasons.

Yes the disappointment would be bigger, but we are not little kids AND we've been dissapointed so many times before so one more won't hurt :/

Last edited:

I hope you have the official Moonwalker Blu-ray. its totaly worth it.
check the 2000watts section. there are ES wetten dass & wma96 in 720p to find in great quality.

the rumour about the tour was started around last year or even earlier. everyone say's, no officia statement, no official confirmation yet. well no one makes announcement 1-2 years before release. such things are announced 6 month before the release. Same thing was with Blu-ray releases of LOTR, SW and now same is happening with Indiana Jones. It all starts with rumours years before. I mean first there are the rumours, then anoucement that is worked on the project. then confirmation with release date and details.
Madonna's Truth or dare was announced in middle of Oct 2011. release date was confirmed end of Jan 2012.
Moonwalker was announced fall 2009, confirmed spring, released early summer (if I remember right).

we don't know when or if any 25th Bad is going to happen. there were claims by fans that have connections to estate and sony, that are plans about such project.

Soooo, if the estate really is reading and watching here, then i don't see why we shouldn't talk or "maintain" the rumour.
For now , it looks like they are reading for the wrong reasons.

Yes the disappointment would be bigger, but we are not little kids AND we've been dissapointed so many times before so one more won't hurt :/

Agree with this. Although the estate has released a few things i like such as the This Is It blu-ray, when it comes to MJ his release's are pretty underwhelming. I have no expectations that the Bad Tour 88 will be released. If it is i'll be happy, but knowing the estate it will be Yokohoma 87 with zero extras.

I will not buy if it is Yokohama 87!

And they need to add a lot of extra material!

I think the Moonwalker BluRay used a source that was not the best: the soundtrack is not that clean and at times sounds as if it pitches down in the first medley sequence (espceially when the Beat It segment ends).

If any special release of BAD is in the works and is to see the day of light, we shall have confirmation in due time.

But actually, regarding this kind of projects, the problem is to get the RIGHT sources (the archives have been a mess and people like Tohme didn't help).

I do believe it will see the light of day sometime -I'm just hoping for sooner rather than later. Adn hope doesn't cost anything.

Two words my friend: low expectations!

If you lower your expectations and don't expect anything that good (or anything at all, while you're at it) that way you won't be disappointed when you either don't get the material you wanted or get a shitty release of that material.

If the Estate's posthumous projects have though us anything it's that we shouldn't expect anything good that would actually please the fans and NOT make them argue.

From where I see it, the Estate (so far) isn't about making sure we get what material we want and get it released the way WE want it, it's about releasing any half assed project that'll make them a few bucks

I agree. Better not to waste hope. Let's just live on without hoping for this, so we'll be less disappointed. If it turns out we get release - great, amazing! If not - as usual.

Off-topic

Indiana Jones was officialy announced on blu-ray for the end of this year. release date was not set yet.

why i'm tell ing this? like i posted already the rumours about release of Indy started early last year. it was rumoured that the HD transfers have been done last fall and release is for late summer early fall 2012. and today they are finaly announced. Like i said it all starts with rumour. then you can assume year later it going to happen.
Some will say, but thats a big blockbuster. it was sure that it will come on blu one day. And Bad tour, we aren't even sure if it exist. in every rumour it's handful of truth ;)

It's just to not give up and let the light of hope turn out.

Last edited:

Don't just put your expectations too high cause getting a killer set for the BAD tour is still a long road to go.

I'm desperate for this! I never got to see him in concert as I was too young. I NEED this to be released!! Lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back