BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

Anyone recorded those 30 seconds??

For who might be interested:

The high quality audio snippets that we got from 16.07.1988 (except "Thw Way You Make Me Feel" which was from the 15th).

Just seen the clip on ITV Player - the quality doesn't look that great, but it makes sense if the only footage the Estate had access to was an old VHS.

i see a lot of people are asking for the daybreak clip..........here is another request.........PLEASE some one upload it....:D

Yes,me too pleaseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Jacket did MJ wear for Thriller at Wembley?

I really hope it's this jacket!! - And did he enter the stage with the werevolff head and takes it off before he begins singing??

He wears that jacket and then he changes to this jacket before the dance part

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19500000/Thriller-bad-tour-1987-1989-19544120-789-1200.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/pho...-jackson-13427363-1600-1073.jpg?1337695653518

Last edited:

Just uploading the clip to youtube now...

Really? link it here when your done :) is it daybreak?

Here you go!

Seeing how youtube compresses audio and video the quality should be a tad better than this so i am satisfied.

Seeing how youtube compresses audio and video the quality should be a tad better than this so i am satisfied.

You think? The difference between the footage of the reporter compared to the concert footage in this clip. I think it's poor quality. But at least it's something.

Here you go!

At least there is no black bars on the left and right! And they can always enhance the quality.

You think? The difference between the footage of the reporter compared to the concert footage in this clip. I think it's poor quality. But at least it's something.

Maybe this isn't the final version?They said that they'll "restore" it.

I'm happy with it! The quality may not be perfect, but it's a whole unedited show. :) Makes me very happy! Who knows where all the other video is. Scattered around the world, or possibly erased years ago.

...but who in the world would erase Michael Jackson...........

Digital restoring can do wonders you guys:

750px-Golden_Gate_San_Francisco_c1895_Digital_Restoration.jpg

dn_comparison.jpg

Can an old VHS tape be "restored" to a higher quality?

Yes.I can "make" it look better, and I'm totally not a PRO and neither do I have professional equipment nor software.

Digital restoring can do wonders you guys:

750px-Golden_Gate_San_Francisco_c1895_Digital_Restoration.jpg

dn_comparison.jpg

The problem here is that the "engeneers" had access to the original masters of the film.In our case, there are no masters.Only one VHS.

Can an old VHS tape be "restored" to a higher quality?

Money does wonderful things! It's all about how much they are willing to invest in this project. Unfortunately we know that they've been cheap in the last few years.

Money does wonderful things! It's all about how much they are willing to invest in this project. Unfortunately we know that they've been cheap in the last few years.

Well, maybe with a little prompting from the fans, they may invest in it. ;)

Well, maybe with a little prompting from the fans, they may invest in it. ;)

Absolutely. They started to listen us, like taking out Breaking News and Monster vocals from the Immortal show, and now untouched demos. We should demand on twitter that they enhance the quality.

Yes.I can "make" it look better, and I'm totally not a PRO and neither do I have professional equipment nor software.

I've seen your videos and yes, they do look better! This gives me hope that they can at least clean it up, a bit.

The problem here is that the "engeneers" had access to the original masters of the film.In our case, there are no masters.Only one VHS.

My thoughts exactly! :D

Can we have a clear rip from the TV channel uploaded?

Maybe this isn't the final version?They said that they'll "restore" it.
But in the announcement it says that they have already restored it.

I guess the trailer we saw yesterday was a good indication after all, the quality is pretty bad. I must say that that is a bit disappointing to me. I find it difficult to believe that this would really be the best quality copy of this concert available, but it is what it is... The Wembley show is very special of course, but I would have rather paid triple the current price of the boxset to get a different concert in good quality (perhaps they could have added this legendary Wembley concert as a bonus). All this does make me wonder what footage the Estate has access and the rights to. I wish we could learn more about this.

Ah well, at least I am happy that we will finally get a chance to see the show we have all talked about for ages. And we know the audio quality will be high. Now I am particularly curious to learn more about cd 2 of the set.

Eddie Cascio.

Well Eddie Cascio....he is a different story in a different thread. If the Master is film, restoration can do wonders...but a single VHS tape which has 25 years of wear and tear...ehhhhh....can we run some tests?

Back