Banners!

I don't really like banners either. I mean they block your view. I once had someone who was holding a banner right before me so there went my good view ARGH!! Banners over balcony are fine ofcourse coz that doesn't block the view of someone :) If i was sure that before me was such balcony idea i would have thought about making a banner but i don't think i am.

I think the idea of the heart has got to be the one. It can be just made of red paper which you can fold and put in your bag (less likely to be found and taken off you)
then just as a group decide at which points to hold them up. Then if this happens every night michael will be like "what the..." hehehe.

so how can we sort this out...could mjjc do it as part of their merch?

Maybe they can make hearts of rubber with the mjjc logo or something like that. If they are gonna do it, it's important to make some more so they can sell some at the clubhouse as well. I really like this idea, I think a sea of hearts will show our appreciation towards Michael, if a lot of people would do it, it really shows that ''nation 2 nation'' and community idea to Michael too. Since I don't think every single person will get to know about this idea, I don't mind cutting lots of cardboard hearts and share them around the O2 arena before the concert starts. :p

But if we're really planning to do this, I think it would be good to make some rules about when to hold up the hearts and when not. I think it would be more emotional for Michael when we ALL would hold up the hearts when he sings a song like ''Man in the Mirror'' or ''Will You Be There'', instead of holding them up when he's singing something like ''Rock with you'', it needs to make an ''impact''. :p

Maybe they can make hearts of rubber with the mjjc logo or something like that. If they are gonna do it, it's important to make some more so they can sell some at the clubhouse as well. I really like this idea, I think a sea of hearts will show our appreciation towards Michael, if a lot of people would do it, it really shows that ''nation 2 nation'' and community idea to Michael too. Since I don't think every single person will get to know about this idea, I don't mind cutting lots of cardboard hearts and share them around the O2 arena before the concert starts. :p

But if we're really planning to do this, I think it would be good to make some rules about when to hold up the hearts and when not. I think it would be more emotional for Michael when we ALL would hold up the hearts when he sings a song like ''Man in the Mirror'' or ''Will You Be There'', instead of holding them up when he's singing something like ''Rock with you'', it needs to make an ''impact''. :p

Yea sounds good to me, maybe the people from this forum could get permission to sell them (at cost or watever) on the o2 premises as well, with little instructions with them for people outside of mjjc.

Only problem is not knowing what the set list is...We could just agree that they are for ballads, as an alternative to lighter, instead of a sea of light, a sea of love for michael :D

but how many hearts will u sell before the concert starts. there are 50 shows and not all users in this forum are attending on every concert. its only the first show, where many people from this forum are attending.. i guess this wont work out =/

^maybe we should try it for the first date, see if everything works out a bit. We can all cut ourself a cutboard heart, instead of buying one. If we're planning to do this, I'm willing to cut a lot of hearts to spread around the O2. :p If it worked out the first night, Ican pass my heart over to another fan who's going to the second concert and so on and on.

anyone bringing banners, make sure they are just on large paper /cardboard or fabric ones. Im pretty sure anything on sticks will not be allowed into the areana. At the press conference we had to go though airport style security checks, bags were scanned and we had to walk though metal detectors. Many items including drinks and wallets on chains were confisticated. The security is very strict at The O2

Metal detectors? So my brilliant idea of hiding my digital mini camera in my bra won't work out then I suppose :sigh:

So how did people manage to shoot all that footage in the O2 then?

Ow btw about the whole banner thing idea, I think its great we wish to show MJ our support but... how would you like it if the person in front of you keeps waving a banner all the time - effectively blocking your sight on MJ?

The banner is up when his head turns my way.. thats for sure.. but just for a second.. this message will also look for in the media..:eek:.. Go MJ ..Go MJ ! :D

The banner is up when his head turns my way.. thats for sure.. but just for a second.. this message will also look for in the media..:eek:.. Go MJ ..Go MJ ! :D
Well, I just hope you're considerate to the others who will be in "your way" when he looks over and they want to see him looking that way.

Hearts definitely! Not obstructive and deliver a deeper message.

I have made a 'Michael you're a star' banner. Quite pleased with it!

Back