Bmi Urban Awards... mike didnt appear

Shaneymp

Proud Member
T-Pain received the songwriter of the year award and shared the title of producer of the year with Jonathan "J.R." Rotem and Kanye West at BMI's Urban Awards, handed out Thursday at the Wilshire Theater in Beverly Hills.

Song of the year honors went to Beyonce's "Irreplaceable," co-written by Ne-Yo, Amund Bjoerklund and Espen Lind, while Universal Music Publishing Group secured the publisher of the year nod.

Rick Ross, T-Pain, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, Ray J and Yung Berg performed award-winning songs.

On hand to pick up the BMI Icon Award were the Jacksons, represented by Jermaine, Marlon, Randy, Tito and Jackie plus sisters Janet and LaToya. JoJo, Lloyd, Mario, O.N.E., Bobby Valentino and Keri Hilson performed hits by the Jacksons and the Jackson 5.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117991632.html?categoryid=16&cs=1

There were no reports that he was gunna show up. But i'm still dissapointed that he didn't show up. Very dissapointed. Even though we'll never know, I hope he had a good excuse not to. If it wasn't for the Jackson 5, Michael Jackson wouldn't well........be the Michael Jackson he is today!!

oh well no michael :no:

watermark.php

http://foto.rompres.ro/index.php?i=2770013

Last edited:
oh well no michael :no:

watermark.php

you're not shocked are you? I figured he wouldn't show up:*****: How can Michael not come to this? and if he goes to the MTV awards instead, that would be stupid

Michael doesn't appear in public when it is working on an new album.He is more recluse and we must respect their decision.

He's so tired of being joke for the persons.If it appeared, of course, the media would speak many bullshit about him...

LOL

Maybe he had other things to do. Kids, his home and making music

making music
&​
making music

:D:punk:

Paying child support bills. :shifty:

:lol:

I tried to find Jermaine but all I saw was Jackie, Tito, Marlon and Randy. I didn't see La Toya or Janet either now that I think about it.

And Joe and Katherine also weren't seen.

It was truly "The Jackson 4". The most famous Jacksons skipped the ceremony! :rofl:

Anyways, congrats to the brothers, you all earned it. ;)

Jermaine is presently involved in a reality tv called gone country. I feel that he would have attended if he could. I am so glad to see the Jacksons honoured. This was well overdued. I hope there will be some video of it.

Sweet pictures. Thank you.
This morning I was hoping that Michael would turn up and take his children with him to experience the joy of seeing their daddy receive honour, but after seeing the pictures I am not disappointed that he didn't go, cause as usual the emphasis would have been on him and I feel that the brothers are more in focus at this event which isn't a bad thing for them.
What lovely pictures. Looks like Randy was overcomed with emotions. What a Musical family. The Royal Family of music, indeed. Every member in it has achieved something, even papa joe., It is truly incredible. I am in awe.:wub:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the pics. It is so good that they have been honoured in this way, they have achieved so much and deserve this award. I agree with you Dats, if Michael had been there then he would have taken all the limelight. The press would not have been interested in anything else. It is a shame though cuz it would have been nice to see Michael up there with his brothers.

This public appearance + the re-release of Destiny and Triumph is a good showcase for the brothers' Legacy - and hopefully younger fans will be curious enough to discover the milestones recordings they produced. ;)

Back