Bmi Urban Awards... mike didnt appear

Re: I was at the BMI Urban Awards 2008! (yes Michael wasn't there)

hey...lol^^^^^the day we all agree on something is the day we will all be on a different planet.

I'm glad I found that article with a positive comment since the one about Marlon and the whole 'camel' thing provoked a negative reaction.

I think it´s kind of sad that people turn a positive thing into something negative because it should be a positive thing that the Jacksons/Jackson 5 won this award. Who knows why Michael and Jermaine didn´t come but I hope the other brothers had a good time and again my congratulations.

I soooooooooo agree with you... it gets old..

thanks for sharing,,, and congrats for the jacksons.

.....................Congrats Jacksons:biggrin:

people always are gunna disagree on stuff, but one thing is for certain...patience has reward. it's great that finally, the Jacksons were so deservedly honored.

Thanks for the pics and the videos. It's great that the Jacksons were finally honored. Nice to see Katherine, Joe and Janet there. Too bad Michael and Jermaine couldn't be there. This award is long overdue. Congratulations to the Jacksons for their contribution to the music industry.

82669447.jpg

Such a beautiful family. :wub: People why can't you cut Michael a break geez sometime I wonder who is more worse: haterz or fans. :doh: Michael Jackson has been with his family through out his life and has attended almost practically every show and concert with his singing career with The Jacksons. I'm sure Michael has sent his most scinecere congrats to the family and I'm sure the Jacksons know why Michael didn't show up. Michael has always been by his family's side and they have been by him. We shouldn't be so quick to judge on weather he is close to the family or if they speak to each other. It is his private lives and theirs as well. Let the man be for goodness sake. :ph34r:
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/82...FB0B613D6DEB02D3446AAD2775C04E30A760B0D811297

well just on the surface, i think it's mad shady mike didn't appear

not only is this is group, it's his family

again, i say this w/o knowing all the background drama...nevertheless, imo it's a weak move

Michael doesn't appear in public when it is working on an new album.He is more recluse and we must respect their decision.

He's so tired of being joke for the persons.If it appeared, of course, the media would speak many bullshit about him...

So he doesn't want to show up celebrating the achievement his family made altogether because he's so tired of being joked on from people but can show up randomly at Planet Hollywood wearing pajama pants?

Just saying.

well just on the surface, i think it's mad shady mike didn't appear

not only is this is group, it's his family

again, i say this w/o knowing all the background drama...nevertheless, imo it's a weak move

well...MJ didn't survive on fan advice..he survives on his own moves.

So he doesn't want to show up celebrating the achievement his family made altogether because he's so tired of being joked on from people but can show up randomly at Planet Hollywood wearing pajama pants?

Just saying.
Well, Jermaine was also aware of this celebration and he did not attend either for what ever reason. That in itself was not only a disappointment for me (as well as Michael not attending) but also a SHOCK. Because I figured if anyone of the Jacksons would be there last night it would definitely be Jermaine.

All I'm saying is that people are so busy coming down hard on Michael for not attending, they either willingly or mistakenly ignore that he wasn't the ONLY family member that wasn't there.

And for the arguement that it doesn't matter if Jermaine wasn't there. Remember that he was an original member of the Jackson 5 and he shared lead vocals with little brother Michael on alot of the Jackson 5 songs. Not only that, Jermaine was the teen idol or sex symbol of all the brothers in the group. So he was a major part in the Jackson 5's success also.

So it goes back to this point: Does Jermaine not love his family or don't want to be with his family anymore since he didn't attend? Shouldn't Jermaine have been at that celebration last night with his family just as much as Michael should have? Just asking.

Even though I'm disappointed Michael and Jermaine didn't go, I'm trying not to come down on them because I, just like everyone else here, doesn't know the reason.

But it would have been an even more beautiful picture of the Jackson family if Michael and Jermaine were in the picture too.

Because they have other things to do. Jermaine is on a reality TV show right now and MJ?

He typically doesn't do that stuff anymore. I don't know why you guys are surprised or shocked anymore.

82669447.jpg

Such a beautiful family. :wub: People why can't you cut Michael a break geez sometime I wonder who is more worse: haterz or fans. :doh: Michael Jackson has been with his family through out his life and has attended almost practically every show and concert with his singing career with The Jacksons. I'm sure Michael has sent his most scinecere congrats to the family and I'm sure the Jacksons know why Michael didn't show up. Michael has always been by his family's side and they have been by him. We shouldn't be so quick to judge on weather he is close to the family or if they speak to each other. It is his private lives and theirs as well. Let the man be for goodness sake. :ph34r:

Nice picture of the family, and I agree DM.

And also, has it ever occurred to the peeps complaining that perhaps MJ does not want to overshadow his family in this instance? Or overshadow the event for others who are being celebrated?

Sometimes, it's not all about MJ folks.

hey..what if Jermaine was caught up in something beyond his control? it does happen..not that it matters anyway

Boy, why all the uneccessary drama all the time? so Mike did'nt show up, none of us know why and it really is'nt any of our business why he did'nt either.

Some of you know too that if he did show up you would be criticizing the heck outta him!

Anyhoo, congratulations to the Jackson Family, nice seeing them together and I'm liking that new LaToya look, does anyone have a close up of her in that pic?

Jacksons reunite at BMI Urban Awards
By DERRIK J. LANG – 17 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Jacksons were crowned icons at the BMI Urban Awards, but the King of Pop was absentee.

Janet Jackson presented her music-making brothers — Michael, Tito, Jackie, Marlon, Jermaine and Randy — with the lifetime achievement BMI Icon award following a musical tribute at the award show celebrating R&B and hip-hop's top hitmakers. While Tito, Jackie, Marlon and Randy reunited Thursday to accept the award, Jermaine and Michael didn't attend the Wilshire Theatre ceremony.

Where was the Moonwalker?

"I don't know," Marlon told The Associated Press before the show. "I think he's in Egypt riding a camel or something." (me thinks he was joking)

The Jackson Five — which included Michael along with Marlon, Jackie, Tito and Jermaine — was a groundbreaking, best-selling act that debuted on the 1969 album "Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5." The group simply became the Jacksons after leaving Motown in 1976, replacing Jermaine with Randy. They continued their multiplatinum success with such hits as "ABC" and "I Want You Back."

"It's a great honor to know your music influenced a generation," said Tito. "We're very proud of this moment."

The tribute kicked off with dance troupe Jabbawockeez performing a funky "Dancing Machine" routine. Music group ONE sang "I Want You Back." JoJo and Lloyd partnered on "I'll Be There" before Mario unleashed a high-energy rendition of "Heartbreak Hotel" and Keri Hilson crooned "Who's Loving You." The finale featured Mario, Bobby Valentino, Lloyd and Ray J teaming up for "Never Can Say Goodbye."

Before presenting her brothers with the award, Janet said her family was her greatest commodity and that she was proud to salute her siblings for their accomplishments in the music industry.

Following the acceptance of the icon award, the Jackson brothers posed on stage for photos with father Joseph, mother Katherine and sisters Janet, LaToya and Rebbie. The Jacksons did not perform.

Other BMI Urban Award winners included Soulja Boy, Polow Da Don, Rodney Jerkins and DJ Montay. Song of the year was awarded to Ne-Yo, Espen Lind and Amund Bjorklund for "Irreplaceable." Jonathan "J.R." Rotem, Kanye West and T-Pain were honored as producers of the year. T-Pain was also selected as songwriter of the year. Universal Music Publishing Group was given the publisher of the year award.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jWjWP95HkbjJYJPEhk5yF_74Fo3AD930F00O0

610x.jpg

the gone kuntry thang was pre-recorded right? it's not currently going on as we speak. so can't complain for mj not going when la juan didn't show up either

Just saying.

He has his reasons not to attend and also to go where he wants using pajamas. We don't have the right to question your decisions and see his brother make a ridiculous jokes.

Just sayng...

Saw the E! News report and I think it was best MJ didn't show up since samantha harris mentioning the jackson family minus michael instead of the jackson family minus michael and jermaine.

You people are still arguing over whether it was right or wrong that he didn't show up? :mello:

Ugh.. give it up, alright? :smilerolleyes:

Does anyone have any more pics?

Back