BREAKING NEWS - AEG Conference will be held today (6PM BST) - (Details inside)

The family wish to celebrate a service where all fans from around the world. 17500 available, 11,000 will be for staples arena in LA

a simul cast will be shown too at the nokia theatre

Register online at http://www.staplescenter.com/ and then via lottery they will select people to have tickets, then ticketmaster will advise where to pick up tickets, wrist bands will be the way in which they allow people in, none will be sold!

No broadcast around the staple arena due to public safety and regulations

there will be a worldwide pooln(does this mean it will be fed to news stations and other channels?)

no funeral procession though.

they are stressing if you dont have a ticket you wont be allowed in the area or any of the venues! They encourage all who want to view the service via the web or the tv. It will definitely be available.

Officials are stressing the fact that if you dont have a ticket, please do not go to the venue. I really hope fans will respect that, dont want this to turn into a complete shambles.

Q&A

No details to be released re the memorial

Media plans are being developed about what they are able to have access to

Media in unroar about LA covering costs of providing local services for Michaels funeral. Jan Perry refutes this by reinterating that this is an extradiadory event and this is an exception and would be appropriate for any event of this magnitude.

This is what it says when registering:

"Offer valid to residents of the United States only."

:(:( :( :( :(:(

It is kind of sad that fans are being restricted. Don't want to sound inflammatory but they didn't do that for Elvis, did they? Or James Brown etc. but I guess the number of expected folks are greater......

And LA covering the costs.....wow. that is huge!! But they kinda have to because people will descend on the place anywayz. And to avoid absolute chaos, the protective forces have to be in place.

Unless I missed it, I don't think I heard them say what time the memorial starts.

oK, just found it at the Staples site. It's 10:00 a.m. Pacific

The family wish to celebrate a service where all fans from around the world. 17500 available, 11,000 will be for staples arena in LA

a simul cast will be shown too at the nokia theatre

Register online at http://www.staplescenter.com/ and then via lottery they will select people to have tickets, then ticketmaster will advise where to pick up tickets, wrist bands will be the way in which they allow people in, none will be sold!

No broadcast around the staple arena due to public safety and regulations

there will be a worldwide pooln(does this mean it will be fed to news stations and other channels?)

no funeral procession though.

they are stressing if you dont have a ticket you wont be allowed in the area or any of the venues! They encourage all who want to view the service via the web or the tv. It will definitely be available.

Tickets for what, the funeral itself?

They say anyone who takes advantage of this free ticket service to defraud or sell tickets for this, they say shame on them, The family pleads people not to do this.

I understand that Michael will not be be at the memorial at Staples? The funeral will be private right?

As tragic as this is, I cannot help but smile at the fact that tickets for Michael Jackson's funeral are going into a lottery system - Michael, look how we still go crazy for you! You wonderful, amazing man.

FUNERAL IS SEPARATE to memorial!! funeral is for the jacksons earlier in the morning at forrest lawnthen memorial (without the body) at staples 10 am

It is kind of sad that fans are being restricted. Don't want to sound inflammatory but they didn't do that for Elvis, did they? Or James Brown etc. but I guess the number of expected folks are greater......

And LA covering the costs.....wow. that is huge!! But they kinda have to because people will descend on the place anywayz. And to avoid absolute chaos, the protective forces have to be in place.

I think logistically, they just cant cope with the expected numbers of people. In this day and age with live streaming on the net etc, people can still be a part of the event.

Hearing the details for the memorial is making it all feel real again:no:

I will have to try very very hard to find the strength to see it as an uplifting celebration.

well maybe it is a good idea that fans do not see the body let that be to the funeral service because the family would want to keep it private

I understood the worldwide feed thing is only for ppl all over the world to watch.

Back