"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" All Discussion Here [Merged]

. . .Honestly, I feel like we should all just take a break from this nightmare and wait to see what Sony will do in the next few days. Surely they must atleast SAY something..

Now here is a good suggestion. No one wants fake vocals released but we have seen time and time again that there are times that it is best to just wait for official responses and proof. Sometimes, I think that people just want to be able to say "I called it first." At some point it is not about that. It is about getting the right info. Because at this point, I think that even if there was proof offered that it was Michael, many would just claim that there must be something wrong with the evidence and that the proof was fake because they could have possibly been wrong (kind of like how Michael was treated--no matter what came to light people already had their minds made up and weren't going to budge).

There may be a chance that neither side (family vs. Sony vs. estate) are lying about something. There is a chance that all are being played for some reason or another. People who like to stir the pot may go to the family with one thing and back to the record company or the estate with another. You just don't know when agendas other than Michael's legacy is in play for just one person. For example, I don't think that anyone ever confirmed the source of the leaked acapella version that was being played; without knowing that source, how does anyone know if that was authentic?

Just wait. At some point, someone is going to have to offer up something. It is one of the traits that Michael knew how to manage. First instincts to run to the battlefield aren't always the best. Sometimes the best approach is to wait, gather correct information, and then stand for what really needs to be stood up for.

And also keep in mind that this song wasn't even released for radio airplay!

He worked in Four "4" songs, sorry about that

@Smooth, do you still believe Breaking News has fake vocals?

urbansoul17 said:
Hey man, I agree with you all the way! I am still very excited for this album, and I just really think it's unfair how many fans are not willing to give it a chance. I feel as though the vocals on "breaking news" are very unfinished, and because of the final mixing, it sounds a bit weird, but it is definitely MJ. A conglomerate such as Sony would never make a distribution deal with the Estate if there were issues of invalidity in the material. That involves very high risk, and can have severe legal consequences if it were proven that any of the material is not authentic. I personally don't agree with all of the outrageous "fake" claims that fans are making.

From what I gather, these cascio recordings were simply works in progress, but because MJ did not finish it, and is not alive to give his stamp of approval for release, Fans will never believe that it could be MJ. I think the problem is that MJ was trying to adopt a different style in his music in these current recordings, and thus sounds a bit different. But since he is not here to personally release them, Fans will continue to have extreme doubt and keep making outrageous claims. It's all very sad because they all wanted "new" MJ music, but now that they got it, they wont believe its him cause he sounds a bit different. The only way that those fans will be satisfied is if they receive old outtakes and demos from the 70's and 80's.

Anyway, I replied to your post on the "breaking news" thread. Feel free to read it, and share your thoughts. Glad to see that someone else in the forum still maintained their sanity. :rock:

I'm with you. Most fans are completely out of their mind. I also have official confirmation about the songs plus I can still trust my experienced ears. I have never been fooled with an impersonator.

Those fans will realize they were all wrong sooner of later - hopefully. If not, that's the end of the MJ community as it will be split into 2 camps.
One camp will always be talking about conspiracy, "Sony is phony" and all other things they can think of.

Let's keep Michael's legacy alive.

No matter WHO insists that is Michaels' voice....I just CANNOT believe it...I'm not in denial; gawd, i KNOW this man's voice....He's been singing since he was 5 years old...the public, his fans, the WORLD knows this man's voice....I'm just absolutely astonished that we're even questioning this....I was SO ecstatic a few days ago; on cloud nine...nothing could go wrong...I wish with all my heart that this is really Michael...but I have to be honest with myself..it's NOT him...it's just not....

After hearing the acapella, do you honestly believe it's him?!? When I listen to it it's like someone pointing to the sky and saying it's red. Korgnex, the vibrato, tone, and falsetto sound NOTHING like Michael, even in This Is It (live parts). PLEASE listen to them again and study it, it's NOT Michael.

Why do you think that the acapella version is authentic? It may very well be. But, how do you know that as fact?

The shame is... the fans are going to call any new song fake now. The first domino has fallen. I'm gunna take some time off the forum until things are straightened out. Many of you have got out of control, accusing and being irrational.

No, not really. Fans who heard "12 o'clock", "Hold My Hand" and "Another Day" didn't doubt the validity of these tracks.

Did you notice how most people here were against Michael's own family in the days prior to the reveal because they said some tracks were fake. 90% of this forum was blowing up calling out every member and even labelling Katherine certain things she doesn't deserve. I for one kept my mouth shut and waited in anticipation for what I thought was going to blow me away. I was wrong.

I still believe, no matter what business associate you can quote to state the contrary, that Michael isn't in this track at all. Apart from the sampled "aowwww" I dont think Michael was even alive when this track was made.

The fact is everything the "believers" use to validate their belief is easily countered. Unless Michael lost natural talent somewhere between recording Hold My Hand and rehearsing for This Is It, you cannot tell me the vibrato used in Breaking News is of MJ quality. It sounds too try-hard and forced, along with the lyrics.

The people who said it's not MJ voice its your word againts the word of

Teddy Rilley
Frank Dileo
Humberto Gatica
and Sony

I don´t want to sound rude, but they are the experts, not u guys

Sorry guys but you can't bunch everyone into two groups. Those who don't believe it's Michael don't necessarily believe Sony is the Devil incarnate. I actually defend them in this case and I don't think this song is Michael, not in the slightest.

You're also not the only experienced "ear" here either. When you have a radio poll that results in a 99% belief that the song isn't Michael, it's clear there are a LOT of people out there that feel the same.

I saw something on the news a couple of days ago on tv and there was a composer finishing off Mozarts unfinished compositions which just seemed so wrong, this is the exact same

You mean his Requiem to which we all know and love. Much of it was finished by his apprentices. This was actually a good thing to do in his situation. Many regular listeners hardly know this little fact nowadays, and no one certainly questions it's authenticity. It sounds very good!

I guess I'm just making a point, lol! I actually think this is slightly different considering we ALL can hear a voice we've never heard before. But nonetheless, I do see where you made the parallels.

fxfan;3063424 said:

Teddy Rilley
Frank Dileo
Humberto Gatica
and Sony

But, see, the thing is...I get it...they're experts...But I mean, we're the FANS....we FEEL something when we hear his voice....why do we feel it? because it's unique, distinct, powerful, haunting, sweet, sexy, soothing...among so many other things...No matter what song he's ever done, be it changing style of sound, pitch, tone, whatever....Never once did I question his voice...Michael had so much talent he could change his voice...but never to the point where it was unrecognizable...so I don't buy this whole crock about Michael changing his style up....This is not him on this track....

Riley also is supposed to be paid for his production work, he has yet to be given that check. It's not so hard to get someone to do something they really don't want to do over money. Besides that, it's not just a voice most of us are upset over, it's spirit, aura, essence, the essence of a man that can always be conveyed through his music. The tracks that have become known as the "Cascio tracks", unfortunately lack that essence.

fxfan;3063424 said:

Teddy Rilley
Frank Dileo
Humberto Gatica
and Sony

It's also their word vs:
- Michael's entire family
- Rodney Jerkins
- 90% of his fan base
- A lot of the general public (gathered from radio play here in Sydney, and its resulting polls)
- The MJ estate

And i'm sure many more to come.

I don't mean to be rude, but I believe that there are a lot of people here who WANT this to be Michael, regardless of what their ears tell them.

Im not a conspiracist or anything, In fact I never wanted to be one of those fans, and I openly mocked the family for suggesting that it isnt MJ on these tracks. But .. as soon as I heard the voice I knew. NOT MJ.

Generally it seems to be the people who only became fans last year that are saying it is.

Rodney Jerkins, The Jackson (who know MJ better than Sony and Frank and Teddy etc) and the vast majority of the MJ fan community KNOW its NOT MJ. Teddy has reason to go along with this being that he's broke as all hell.

Not buying the album unless the Cascio tracks are removed.

ALSO: Can't the majority members of this forum put together a press release to let Sony and the media know about this travesty?

I understand ur point guys and its very valid, but remeber one thing

This was a demo, in some demos Michael wasn't giving his best!! And we, all the fans feel something weird, It's so obvious why, Michael did not finished the song, he did't give the song his last touch, so it's never going to sound as u guys want.

I think at this point, we should feel lucky to have new songs after his death, some other artists just die, and we never have the chance to hear a new song again.

We have to stop being so demanding, and just embrace the last songs, finished or not that Michael did

Again: ALL songs are 100% Michael Jackson.

The whole fake allegation is bogus and it splits the fanbase into 2 camps. Don't let that happen.

See, "smooth_criminal05" has completely changed his mind now. You'll realize the truth, too - sooner or later.

(O_O) I find it hard to believe! A is you just say Korgnex! I am shocked asse from you!

Carry On, All I Need, Monster,Water, Breaking News...... it is not the voice of Michael "There was some shouting is true...And small acapela stick on fake songs is very amateur"!

"Much Too Soon" and Michael really 200%

fxfan;3063424 said:

Teddy Rilley
Frank Dileo
Humberto Gatica
and Sony

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

IvoryKeys;3063428 said:
I guess I'm just making a point, lol! I actually think this is slightly different considering we ALL can hear a voice we've never heard before. But nonetheless, I do see where you made the parallels.

I hear MJ just fine on "Breaking News." "Monster" too, for that matter.

Arklove;3063429 said:
But, see, the thing is...I get it...they're experts...But I mean, we're the FANS....we FEEL something when we hear his voice....why do we feel it? because it's unique, distinct, powerful, haunting, sweet, sexy, soothing...among so many other things...No matter what song he's ever done, be it changing style of sound, pitch, tone, whatever....Never once did I question his voice...Michael had so much talent he could change his voice...but never to the point where it was unrecognizable...so I don't buy this whole crock about Michael changing his style up....This is not him on this track....

Just laughable. Let's not trust people Michael has worked with his ENTIRE career, his manager, producers, record label, forensic experts... :doh:

AnnieRUOkay89;3063430 said:
Riley also is supposed to be paid for his production work, he has yet to be given that check. It's not so hard to get someone to do something they really don't want to do over money. Besides that, it's not just a voice most of us are upset over, it's spirit, aura, essence, the essence of a man that can always be conveyed through his music. The tracks that have become known as the "Cascio tracks", unfortunately lack that essence.

It's a polished demo. The vocals were never going to be perfecting crisp on this track, because Michael was not here for the transition from demo to final track. They worked with what they had, but what they had was Michael Jackson.

Daniel.San;3063435 said:
I don't mean to be rude, but I believe that there are a lot of people here who WANT this to be Michael, regardless of what their ears tell them.

It's becoming more and more apparent that there are just as many people on this forum that DON'T want this to be Michael, for some insane reason. MJ fans have always been dramatic but this is starting to get ridiculous...

Just laughable. Let's not trust people Michael has worked with his ENTIRE career, his manager, producers, record label, forensic experts... :doh:

...look..i'm not gonna argue with you...I want this to be him in the worse way....But I'm gonna trust what my ears and heart are telling me; I don't care what those people say...to me, that's not him, and if it IS him...it sounds absolutely NOTHING like him, and I might as well just be listening to someone else's song....

When that song was first premiered, I had my headphones on LOUD...and they are damn good quality too...I was at the edge of my seat, I was in tears, I was SO excited...and as soon as I heard the voice, my heart sank, I felt numb, and I cried....Do you think for one minute I could actually forget what that felt like???? What I felt was REAL, and it's because I'm not hearing Michael on that track

No, you're completely right cppounders...

We want to derail an album we have been waiting for since 2001.

Here's where I stand from what I know..

Breaking News: contains SOME MJ vocals without a doubt. Those who say it has no Mj vocals are out to lunch. There is a high possibility from what I heard that a stand in could have been used. Unless there is substantial proof stating the otherwise, it's easy enough to tell that MJ isn't singing the full song.

Monster: snippet was too short and unorganized to tell. We don't even know if this version is done. There is a chance it's fake, there's a chance it's real. Don't jump to conclusions so soon. I've been told it's Michael with a stand in at times but the case isn't closed on this one.

Another Day: 100% real

Hold My Hand: 100% real

Blue Gangsta: 100% real

Love Never Felt So Good: 100% real

All I Need: sounds like MJ, I can't believe so many people are judging this 18 second snippet when half the time there is an annoying voiceover plus the last half is all choir. I'd say yes it's Michael.

Carry On: 100% real

Much Too Soon: 100% real (I don't see why there's even a debate on this)

Enough with the conspiracy guys, it's going into overdrive here. Yes Breaking News should put up some red flags but at this point we need to relax and wait for a response. One is coming...

It's also their word vs:
- Michael's entire family
- Rodney Jerkins
- 90% of his fan base
- A lot of the general public (gathered from radio play here in Sydney, and its resulting polls)
- The MJ estate

And i'm sure many more to come.

Man I have a question for u with all the respect you deserve

Do you really trust in MJ's family?? after all the lies throughout the years??

Rodney Jerkins? Have you think that he could be mad, because he was no choosen to work on this project??

90% of his fan base? Man where did u get this numbers?? U r just guessing and giving numbers!! there are millions of fans, that are not here comenting, And I can tell u, a lot of them thinks it's MJ

Here's where I stand from what I know..

Enough with the conspiracy guys, it's going into overdrive here. Yes Breaking News should put up some red flags but at this point we need to relax and wait for a response. One is coming...

When should we expect this response?

Man I have a question for u with all the respect you deserve

Do you really trust in MJ's family?? after all the lies throughout the years??

Rodney Jerkins? Have you think that he could be mad, because he was no choosen to work on this project??

90% of his fan base? Man where did u get this numbers?? U r just guessing and giving numbers!! there are millions of fans, that are not here comenting, And I can tell u, a lot of them thinks it's MJ
I trust my own ears more than anything. I did not hear MJ and if this song wasn't completed then it shouldn't have been released. Simple as that.

Guys are u serious?

Ok let´s trust our own ears instead of trusting in experts and close friends to Michael that worked with him and were always loyal to him.

Think about that

Man I don't give a **** if it SOME mj

You think he would release that shit? NO

So I'm not buyin it. Some of u fans need to check yourselves. He fucking gave to you all his life with INTEGRITY. But the minute he needs your help because his integrity is being undermined all you care about is getting a new album.

Total bullshit. I hope they cancel the whole thing.
I hope prince & Paris start running this shit.
I hope dileo gets a fucking bullet

Clear Nuff?

And also I understand ur point guys and its very valid, but remeber one thing

This was a demo, in some demos Michael wasn't giving his best!! And we, all the fans feel something weird, It's so obvious why, Michael did not finished the song, he did't give the song his last touch, so it's never going to sound as u guys want.

I think at this point, we should feel lucky to have new songs after his death, some other artists just die, and we never have the chance to hear a new song again.

We have to stop being so demanding, and just embrace the last songs, finished or not that Michael did

The shame is... the fans are going to call any new song fake now. The first domino has fallen. I'm gunna take some time off the forum until things are straightened out. Many of you have got out of control, accusing and being irrational.

Some fans perhaps, which will be a shame, I will not just call ANY new song fake because of this though. Breaking News is fake, clearly. Hold My Hand , real. Another Day, Real. and some of those other snippets I've listened to this morning = REAL.

If it is fake though, I will say so. I wasnt' in the camp believing the family members about fake song rubbish before this Breaking News song came out. I had been putting those stories in the Cuckoo Bin. The SONG Breaking News changed my mind. This IS what they'd been talking about. Not everything will be fake, but the fact that SOME is, is the main issue that needs to be addressed or conclusively proven otherwise. Where are these original tracks Frank is mentioning?? This ISN'T good publicity for Sony's product, they need to address it.

They (Sony & The Estate) need to release the track listing. Let's see what is planned...unless they are deciding to remove a track or two, or three and replace them.

But they should at least confirm a partial track listing so we know what is on there.

Monster, a supposed brand new track by MJ, opens up with vocals to On The Line. That "oh-oh-oh" at the beginning is the same "oh-oh-oh" from On The Line.

I expect there to be little samples like that, but its funny that the samples sound like Mike, and the supposed "new vocals" sound nothing like him. It's old mixed with "new", and I can't tell who the hell is singing, but it sure doesn't sound like Michael. And for those who say "Its a demo, a computer changed it, etc."....people buy an artists album, even if they are experimenting, to hear the artist they know.

And also I understand ur point guys and its very valid, but remeber one thing

Please go and listen to a whole bunch of demos of MJ's available on commercially releases albums as Extras, and also look on Youtube at the Dangerous Rehearsals, and see him not putting in effort and a proper vocal performance, listen to the unreleased Demo versions of Another Day, Hold My Hand, Escape. There is NO comparrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back