"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

I'm listening to the acapella. Not him. And it sounds like it's being played into a spiral out of control. I'm feeling dizzy already.

Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

Youtube "Breaking News - A Cappella" and you will find it.

It's not even well made, and when I heard it, I could tell even more that it is Jason.

Same here. I just don't hear Michael's voice in this, acapella oder not.

Do you think that its been made a big deal out of by the fact that the Jacksons were saying its not him? Maybe if they hadn't have said that, we wouldn't have thought of the fact it may not be Mike. We would have just thought it was another different sounding MJ, similar to 2000 watts.

No, I didn't believe them...Until I heard it myself this morning! I didn't even check forums first to see what fans were saying so it's completely my opinion. I was actually looking forward to this song but when I finally heard it, I was confused by his voice. :mello:

Youtube "Breaking News - A Cappella" and you will find it.

It's not even well made, and when I heard it, I could tell even more that it is Jason.
Me too.

SONY doesn't give a damn about Michael Jackson!!

It's time for fans ALL AROUND THE WORLD to revolt.

I have listened to the Acapella and I still think it's fake.

Do you think that its been made a big deal out of by the fact that the Jacksons were saying its not him? Maybe if they hadn't have said that, we wouldn't have thought of the fact it may not be Mike. We would have just thought it was another different sounding MJ, similar to 2000 watts.

it's becoming a big deal the minute the producer says that the material was not good enough.

Maybe we all (including me) need to take a deep breath and remember that we all want the same thing here. This is a very difficult and subjective conversation we are having. and tempers are bound to get heated. Different people hear different things.

I just listened to the acapella and I think it is definitely Michael in the parts where he repeats "Breakin the news" near the end and parts of the chorus sound like him, especially where he says "oh no" in one of the choruses.

SO, I would like to put out a question to others who are doubtful as I am. Are there any parts of the song which sound to you like they could be Michael? And for those of you who are absolutely sure that it is Michael, what part sounds most like him to you?

I too wonder why they would release a song that had to be altered so much. But then again, they released "This Is It" as a new Michael Jackson song.

can someone please pm the acapella version too??

cant find it.. Pls anyone!!

hold up, did they computerize michael's voice???

No, I didn't believe them (the family)...Until I heard it myself this morning! I didn't even check forums first to see what fans were saying so it's completely my opinion. I was actually looking forward to this song but when I finally heard it, I was confused by his voice. :mello:

Same here, and same conclusion.

After listening to this song for 10 times, i can say this: This is not MJ. MJ voice is in the background, aows are by MJ, and part between 2:40 - 3:00 sounds a lot like MJ. The rest is not MJ, not at all. I've been always surprised at how some fans can confuse Malachi and other fake demos on youtube with MJ...

Re: Do You Believe Breaking News is an authentic MJ track

I'm so... can't discribe how much.. ashamed so many people believe that this shitty vocal is Michael.He is there in the song but rarely and in the back vocals.The main singer is not HIM!

i really cant imagine they would release a song not sung by Michael. they must have hundreds of finished songs to release. why using a fake?
when i listened to the song i also recognised that it sound "strange". but i guess its somehow made technically. someone (MJ?) tried to do sth with the voice.
but if he was satisfied with the result is another question then =/

SO, I would like to put out a question to others who are doubtful as I am. Are there any parts of the song which sound to you like they could be Michael? And for those of you who are absolutely sure that it is Michael, what part sounds most like him to you?

Yes there are parts of the song (few) where I think it's really Michael's voice. But most of it, mainly the bridges, aren't his.
The song has most probably been completed with Malachi's (or someone else's voice)...
But how they tought they'd get away with it confuses me.

To me, that IS Michael. The reason he might sound a bit different is because of the mixing process. Keep in mind that the voice of singers sometimes it's enhanced by sound effects such as echo, slow down, and a bit of voice alteration such as the 2000 Watts song.

I think that the Jacksons have been clever when they created controversy by saying that is not MJ. It's the only way they know how to make money these days and unfortunately the kids are being manipulated.

I just can't believe something like this is happening. This is MICHAEL F**KING JACKSON. Not some mickey mouse artist. Negative stuff like this brings his music into disrepute and tarnishes his legacy

SONY doesn't give a damn about Michael Jackson!!

It's time for fans ALL AROUND THE WORLD to revolt.

And this is the 'real agenda' for most of the 'conspiracy theorists.

Their minds (and their ears) will not be opened to anything that is associated with Sony. They simply can not move on.

'There is none so blind as those that can not see'

Acapella's are a vocal-only version of a song. That link on youtube is not an acapella. What I hear is a very poor attempt to filter out the music from the song resulting in a version which has vocals that sound worse than the original

I don't know what to make of all this. The first time I heard the track I thought there was something out of place but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. I've listened to the a cappella version and that one sounds darn close to Mike but still it feels like there's something out of place there.

I guess it's possible that it IS Mike, but the material was so raw that Teddy Riley had to rework the track heavily to make it work. Teddy worked on 2000 watts too and when I heard that song for the first time I couldn't at first recognise Michael's voice so maybe something similar happened here. The problem with taking a really raw demo and trying to make something out of nothing though is that it feels strange that the estate/whoever's in control of those tapes didn't have anything more finished. The second possibility is that they've used a sound-alike for many parts of the track, but once again I fail to understand why they would do that instead of just dropping an obviously unreleasable demo tape from the album.

It's a shame really, because the production on the track is kind of cool, but we can never be sure if the finished product would have ever been approved by our guy Michael.

i really cant imagine they would release a song not sung by Michael. they must have hundreds of finished songs to release. why using a fake?
when i listened to the song i also recognised that it sound "strange". but i guess its somehow made technically. someone (MJ?) tried to do sth with the voice.
but if he was satisfied with the result is another question then =/

That's what I think....
I mean, I do hear it sounds strange, but if there are other songs on the album that are really sung by Michael, why would they let this song be the first one to come out??!

I mean they knew of the ideas and statements from people that the new songs aren't really Michaels, so... why taking risks then?

This is a really strange situation... I really hope the world isn't so f*cked up that people would do this kind of stuff.

Everytime one of these Malachi songs came out, I, probably you and many others had doubt about being Michael. Without the Family or any other influence.

As I read few days ago the Family, the kids claiming not been Michaels voice, I thought, they especially the kids CAN'T really decide if it's really his voice. Yes, they were his kids, lived with him, but we the fans spent more time with his songs, his art, then they ever did. We heard songs, saw him performing, singing live and playback and so much stuff, that the kids will problably never have seen or hear.
But now I see they are right about this.

Yeah, you guys are right, it doesn't sound exactly like he used to... But the last album came out NINE years ago?! It's a new sound?! Yes, I have my doubts as well, but what if this is him, and you are trashing him like this? I can't believe you people. Seriously. It's the first MJ song in forever and this is the respons... Ofcourse he is not gonna sound like he did 20 years ago.

On Monday 8th November 2010, @tjjackson said:

There's many MJ vocal impersonators. Some better than others. But there is only ONE Michael Jackson. Deceptively merging shady vocals with MJ samples (from prior MJ records) will never fool me. Why they would ignore the obvious, look the other way and rush a suspicious track that was NEVER on my Uncle's radar is beyond me. I'm disgusted, disappointed and saddened. And before the media starts to smear our name, just remember we are COMMITTED (as our Uncle Michael always knew) to protect his name and his amazing legacy he worked his whole life for. We have nothing to gain and we know they will try to drag our name through the mud. But we know how much he valued his legacy and his fans. And cheating either is unacceptable. "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"

And then Sony removed this because this prove that it's NOT Michael.. So they removed it.. I think they can't stand the truth.. Assholes

At first i thought no, and im still not convinced, but there are parts where it does sound like him, and probably is him. But only in parts, its either someone else in the rest or it is heavily edited

I just can't believe something like this is happening. This is MICHAEL F**KING JACKSON. Not some mickey mouse artist. Negative stuff like this brings his music into disrepute and tarnishes his legacy

As far as I can see, in the main, the negative stuff is only coming from so-called 'fans'. Most of them habitually, and heavily, in to conspiracy theories - particularly when the name 'SONY' is mentioned.

Sony is The Devil don't you know? They are only in business to destroy Michael Jackson. Even stumping up $250,000,000 for the privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back