"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

I feel so bad about this, Why are they doing this to us?And why is teddy riley working with an impersonator
Is there anything we can do?

Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

Guys, the acapella on youtube is the finished song with audio filters to take out certain frequencies to bring out the lead vocal. It's nothing sus, It's nothing hidden, it's not the demo teddy worked off, It's just this song stripped back.

I gotta say I was on the fence until I heard it, and underneath all the instrumentation and other people on background voices, I believe it's an older, mature version of MJ.

I understand why sony chose it. The theme fits so well as a first single. MJ defending himself from the grave against the media that dogged him even in his obituary. It's a perfect way to kick things off, even if its in unreleasable bits and pieces.

...So what do they do? they tailor it to fit the angle they're after, and sadly the result becomes somewhat overproduced. but its perfect thematically and its recent. Why not bring it to releasable standards?

They did the same thing with the TII song. It wasn't releasable, it wasn't up to scratch, but it fit thematically and matched the tour title so they tailored it.

Breaking news is a good track and fits well. They couldve brought out MJ's vocal in the mix a bit more and gone a bit lighter on the layering, but I like it, and now that I've been convinced it's real I for one am going to enjoy it.

It's unfortunate many of you picked your side too early. You ruined it for yourselves.

The only part of the song that actually sounds close to mj for me is around 2:35 - 2:57

I knew it was NOT an MJ song when I seen it was only 4 minutes with a 1 minute opening.

I'm fine with Sony. This song just doesn't sit right with me.

Did Sony really think "Oh, well Nobody is going to question if these are Michael's vocals." Then just release it? Like WTF, they must have known they were going to get this response... :unsure:

Re: Do You Believe Breaking News is an authentic MJ track

I find it quite staggering that so many 'fans' believe these vocals are Michael Jackson. Go listen to Dangerous, HIStory and Vince people..... wake up.

So all of the talk about fake vocals and then Sony releases this as the first song we hear. Somethings not right.

As far as I can see, in the main, the negative stuff is only coming from so-called 'fans'. Most of them habitually, and heavily, in to conspiracy theories - particularly when the name 'SONY' is mentioned.

Sony is The Devil don't you know? They are only in business to destroy Michael Jackson. Even stumping up $250,000,000 for the privilege.

I don't buy into a lot of the conspiracy either. But cmon, surely they knew releasing this song was going to generate this kind of response.

They made the mistake of putting out such a questionable song, which only gives further ammunition for the haters

so many fans believe this to be him? :mellow:
makes me very sad.

maybe some of u are disappointed with the song itself.
by now i dont even care anymore if its MJ or not :( we will never know by insulting each other. and i personally dont like the song. if its MJ or not, i just dont like it. the beginning was great, but then..

Can someone PM me the actual song of Breaking News :)

I'm unsure, I think michael's in there in a very small portion of the song, but not in most parts. This was ment to be a great day... seems more like a nightmare :(

Last edited:

Minimj it's on his official website

I'm At a Loss I don't know what to think Michael Jackson Hasa Special Uniqueness to his voice where yo can tell it's him no mater how high or deep it's michael. Even when he playedthe Mayor in Ghosts you knew it was michael's voice But then again this could have Just been a Demo too i dont know

I knew it was NOT an MJ song when I seen it was only 4 minutes with a 1 minute opening.

Little susie and Will u be there was like 2 minutes intro ??

Did the estate have any say in Breaking News being used? Or was this all up to Sony?

Did Sony really think "Oh, well Nobody is going to question if these are Michael's vocals." Then just release it? Like WTF, they must have known they were going to get this response... :unsure:

I think they did. And that is why I am convinced that this IS Michael. I mean the chaos that would break out if it was proven that it wasn't Michael... They wouldn't risk that. You can do voice analyzes and stuff and prove it... Yeah the song is heavily edited, but I do believe it's him. He doesn't sound like he did ten or twenty years ago, and that's not weird at all. I don't think he would have liked it to be published all over the world though...

Black or White?

Don''t get me wrong, I do agree with you in that I believe the vocals are not MJs.

Guys, the acapella on youtube is the finished song with audio filters to take out certain frequencies to bring out the lead vocal. It's nothing sus, It's nothing hidden, it's not the demo teddy worked off, It's just this song stripped back.

I gotta say I was on the fence until I heard it, and underneath all the instrumentation and other people on background voices, I believe it's an older, mature version of MJ.

I understand why sony chose it. The theme fits so well as a first single. MJ defending himself from the grave against the media that dogged him even in his obituary. It's a perfect way to kick things off, even if its in unreleasable bits and pieces.

...So what do they do? they tailor it to fit the angle they're after, and sadly the result becomes somewhat overproduced. but its perfect thematically and its recent. Why not bring it to releasable standards?

They did the same thing with the TII song. It wasn't releasable, it wasn't up to scratch, but it fit thematically and matched the tour title so they tailored it.

Breaking news is a good track and fits well. They couldve brought out MJ's vocal in the mix a bit more and gone a bit lighter on the layering, but I like it, and now that I've been convinced it's real I for one am going to enjoy it.

It's unfortunate many of you picked your side too early. You ruined it for yourselves.

AMEN TO THIS
everyone keeps sayin they can't understand why sony chose this song.
considering how addicted i've become to the song i completely understand the choice. the title and the song both have punch and character and personally i'm thoroughly enjoying now

IT's NOT MJ's Voice.PERIOD! listen to the vocals of HMV and then this crap the difference is huge!
By The way Has anybody listened to "DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE?
THATS THE REAL MICHAEL!!

I think they did. And that is why I am convinced that this IS Michael. I mean the chaos that would break out if it was proven that it wasn't Michael... They wouldn't risk that. You can do voice analyzes and stuff and prove it... Yeah the song is heavily edited, but I do believe it's him. He doesn't sound like he did ten or twenty years ago, and that's not weird at all. I don't think he would have liked it to be published all over the world though...

But u heard him in this is it for example human nature the voice was exacly like the cd 25 years ago?

On Monday 8th November 2010, @tjjackson said:

There's many MJ vocal impersonators. Some better than others. But there is only ONE Michael Jackson. Deceptively merging shady vocals with MJ samples (from prior MJ records) will never fool me. Why they would ignore the obvious, look the other way and rush a suspicious track that was NEVER on my Uncle's radar is beyond me. I'm disgusted, disappointed and saddened. And before the media starts to smear our name, just remember we are COMMITTED (as our Uncle Michael always knew) to protect his name and his amazing legacy he worked his whole life for. We have nothing to gain and we know they will try to drag our name through the mud. But we know how much he valued his legacy and his fans. And cheating either is unacceptable. "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"

And then Sony removed this because this prove that it's NOT Michael.. So they removed it.. I think they can't stand the truth.. Assholes

What was the video showing?

I don't know if you realise how damaged Poor Michael's legacy is
The newspapers will be crazy. Listen to the new Snippet Do you know where your children are? it's awesome can anybody say from what year it is??

I think this is a test, this is heavily sung by an impersonater in my opinion, i'll bet sony have a few tracks like this, and wanted to see if they could basically get away with putting them on the album, if they get a huge revoke, they might replace then with some solely MJ tracks.

Errmmm a mature older Michael? WHAT?

Listen to This Is It. The tour audio. How about Human Nature? His voice has NOT changed.

As far as I can see, in the main, the negative stuff is only coming from so-called 'fans'. Most of them habitually, and heavily, in to conspiracy theories - particularly when the name 'SONY' is mentioned.

Sony is The Devil don't you know? They are only in business to destroy Michael Jackson. Even stumping up $250,000,000 for the privilege.

I agree that most of the hateful negative comments come from those who hate Sony. It reminds me of the negative comments about the movie TII. But there are others who are simply unsure or skeptical.

I dismissed all of the gossip about "Breaking News" not being Michael as the usual family and conspiracy crazy talk. When I first heard the song I loved it and was so excited until about half way through it dawned on me that it really didn't sound like him in parts. I didn't want to think that. I listened over and over, trying to convince myself that it was him. I am not a Sony conspiracy theorist. Honestly, I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong. I hope they release the original demo without all of the processing, then it would be easier to tell.

The fans ruined the song with jumping on the bandwagon of it being completely fake. I can no longer celebrate this beautiful song with all this hate. So much for the L.O.V.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back