"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" All Discussion Here [Merged]

im very confuse whit this fake songs. electrickeyez you can tell me yor facebook i want to see frank cascio account thanks

Cascio didn't delete your comments, he just adjusted his settings to prevent people from posting on his wall. I'm surprised it took him this long.

When did they make the statement?

Notice they say the vocals on the album are his own. They did not say all the vocals are his own. After all this trouble, I am reading statements from these companies very carefully and suspiciously. They always phrase things so they can cover themselves and find a legal loophole. Now I can finally say I have become paranoid. They drove me to it.

Any songs in doubt should not be put on the album. It's not worth the trouble it is causing and it already causing problems.

I agree. Just pull the questionable tracks. It's as simple as that. this is all doing more harm than good :cry:

Jason's vibrato style (people say it's like a "goat") is similar to BN.

Some parts sound a bit like a Ne-Yo and Justin Timberlake wannabe... LOL

electrickeyez you can tell the account of frank cascio in facebook please

I agree also. It is not worth all the heartache.

Notice they say the vocals on the album are his own. They did not say all the vocals are his own. After all this trouble, I am reading statements from these companies very carefully and suspiciously. They always phrase things so they can cover themselves and find a legal loophole. Now I can finally say I have become paranoid. They drove me to it.

Good Point.

All I have to say is that Jason Malachi is getting a lot of promotion out of this...

BubblesLuvsMichael;3063073 said:
Hey guys I logged into my homepage this morning which is the homepage for Optus and I came across this article on Michael and the new album.

I did see if it's been posted but couldn't find anything but if it has and I'm completely blind or its in the wrong section please feel free to move or delete :)

New Jackson song, but is it him?

New Michael Jackson song to be streamed online for one week only as family cast doubt on authenticity.

THE second coming of Michael Jackson has begun in earnest, with a new song being streamed online for one week only from yesterday, as a teaser for the December 10 release of the album Michael. But in typical Jackson style, it has already begun to generate controversy.

The song, Breaking News, is a lushly orchestrated track featuring snippets of vocals by Jackson in what appears to be a sophisticated cut-and-paste job. At times, he seems to sing in a lower register than we are used to hearing, though the trademark "woo-hoo" "and "ee-hee"s are unmistakably his.

The song opens with samples from TV and radio news reports before Jackson begins singing about the persecution he claims to have suffered at the hands of the media. Jackson, who died, aged 50, on June 25 last year, was repeatedly accused but never convicted of child sexual abuse.

However, debate has already surfaced about the legitimacy of the new track, with the late singer's sister LaToya suggesting the vocal may not be genuine.

"I listened to it (Breaking News)...It doesn't sound like him," LaToya Jackson was quoted as telling celebrity website TMZ.com.

Adding to the confusion is the fact that a company owned by Jackson's mother, Katherine, was forced to apologise after mistakenly issuing what it claimed was a "new" Jackson track just days ago, only to find it was in fact an old track.

The track Opis None was issued as a "gift" to Jackson fans last Friday, but on Monday Howard Mann, Katherine Jackson's business partner, issued a statement in which he acknowledged the track, which opens with the words "there's so much confusion", was in fact a version of an old song, Destiny.

Breaking News is one of about 60 previously unreleased tracks that could eventually see the light of day under a mammoth deal signed in March between the Michael Jackson estate and Sony. The seven-year deal was rumoured to be worth as much as $250 million, and covers a range of Jackson material, both previously released and unreleased.

A page on Wikipedia devoted to the topic lists more than 150 tracks that have not yet been released, though many appear to be only partial recordings or alternative takes of previously released songs, rather than entirely new recordings.

Whatever its authenticity, the streaming of the new Michael Jackson song is destined to be just the first of many manifestations of the dead singer in the near future.

The DVD compilation Michael Jackson: Vision goes on sale later this month, as does the computer game, Michael Jackson: The Experience, which allows players to sing and dance along with Jackson.

Next year, the Canadian circus troupe Cirque du Soleil will mount its Michael Jackson: The Immortal world tour, which is slated to appear in 30 cities worldwide from October.​

Just in case this was missed.

Okay, so...I've been at work since 9am and just got home...what the *heck* happened today?! I hear a lot of things have leaked? Are they real? Could someone please please please please give me a 5-10 bullet update of what all happened today? Anything at all we've found out. I am about to start reading where I left off...page 208...but it's going to take forever... So, if, in the meantime, someone could please do this for me I will rep you and love you forever.

well technically speaking - for any artist and any album - "all" vocals wouldn't necessarily belong to the lead singer because there's something called background vocals.

For example I'm looking to Invincible's credits you can see Brandy, Mischke, LaShawn Daniels, Nora Payne etc on the back vocals - therefore not "all" vocals on Invincible MJ's either.

well technically speaking - for any artist and any album - "all" vocals wouldn't necessarily belong to the lead singer because there's something called background vocals.

For example I'm looking to Invincible's credits you can see Brandy, Mischke, LaShawn Daniels, Nora Payne etc on the back vocals - therefore not "all" vocals on Invincible MJ's either.

Yes, I know Ivy, but as I said, I have become very paranoid.

kay Teddy Said the demo was in pieces, yet this song has, bridges, chorus, backround ect all kinds of full vocals. If it was a demo it wouldn't have any of this... common sense is telling me in order to get it to the state its at now their HAD to be someone elses vocals to fill it in.

Yes, I know Ivy, but as I said, I have become very paranoid.

and that's perhaps another bad side of all this mess, now release dates gets closer, something gets aired, something gets leaked etc, we (at least I) can't even feel excitement, we are in a continuous paranoid stage going "is it Michael?". So sad.

Just to think that we were counting back to Monday with all the excitement and now look to the situation that we are in.

But an entire song NOT sounding like the guy who's supposed to be singing?

And if there's one thing that set MJ apart, it was that he sang most of his own backing vocals. Even on songs like Unbreakable and HIStory where he had backing vocalists, he still sang some of his own backing vocals.

I understand he has passed and maybe didn't finish these songs, but the backing vocals are NOT what's in question here.

Re: Trying to look at "Breaking News" differently for a minute..

It is Jason Malachi without a doubt.

100% malachi bullISH!
I know the biggest mystery is why would sony stoop so low and to pay all those millions and then cock it all up like this is way way beyond me. I cannot explain...

Maybe its like some others said...Its to get the word out about MJ's new album, maybe in a negative way but it still generates interest, Maybe theres a secret to all of this and we're just not picking up on the hidden message ?

I stayed up until 5am that morning and at 5:02 am it started...the beginning was a great intro if a little long but as soon as the singing started i had that sinking feeling as if someone had punched me in the stomach and just sat in disbelief at what i was hearing. Im so relieved that everyone else thought the same...Im so distressed by all of this , i've never been so active on MJJC in a long time until all this came about.

kay Teddy Said the demo was in pieces, yet this song has, bridges, chorus, backround ect all kinds of full vocals. If it was a demo it wouldn't have any of this... common sense is telling me in order to get it to the state its at now their HAD to be someone elses vocals to fill it in.

Also, in his interview, if I am not mistaken, Teddy said that someone else was already working on the song and could not do it. I am paraphrasing here. Does it mean that the vocals were already in place and he worked on the other parts? What parts exactly did he work on? Who is telling the truth? He used the initials JM which I assume is John.

How come the media is make this new song a big deal like the way some fans are? The news is not talking about it..hmm why is that?

Sony is nothing but a dumb.

Re: Trying to look at "Breaking News" differently for a minute..

^^My thoughts exactly about feeling like i was punched in the stomach.

Folks, I don't see how it gets any clearer. Listen to the Breaking News acapella. The pick ANY Jason Malachi song and listen to that. This guy was fooling people when Michael was ALIVE.

Take us with you please, cuz I think we've all gone mad :cookiemonster:

LOL. Compared to the conpiracy and case section, this is nothing.

But an entire song NOT sounding like the guy who's supposed to be singing?

aggree. this isn't just a part of the song. this is from beginning to middle to end.

Personally, I don't care anymore about how or why this happened. I'm tired of wondering about that. Now all I want to know at this point is what they are going to do about it. Are they going to postpone the album and replace the fakes with real Michael songs? Remove the fakes and release the remaining songs alone? Or just cancel the whole thing altogether? Hopefully we will find all of this out soon. It's time for some hard answers here IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back