Breaking News - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking News - The Great Debate

All I know is that Michael said im LWMJ "Plastic surgery was not invented for Michael Jackson" and by his 45th birthday he said: "you will be proud to be a Michael Jackson fan".

So he had talked about himself in that way.

:lol: Yall really think that ISH is Michael?

^^ we all know how you feel about BN....If people feel it's him, let them....

All of us here...know it's not him... But what can we actually do about it?

1) Get the people who worked with Michael to release their own personal statements about the songs.

2) Get the Estate to release the forensic musicologist reports.

3) If you're waveform analysis-savvy, perform you're own analysis of the tracks in question.

4) And when steps 1) to 3) have been attempted but to no avail, consider hiring your own forensic musicologist.

No musicologists are needed. Why not challenge Teddy or anyone else to take an existing MJ demo (The Girl Is Mine, Starlight, In The Back, ...etc) and turn it (thanks to melodyne or whatever) into the same voice timbre as the voice we hear on Monster and BN? Then we'll believe that it is indeed possible. Unless then, we'll be doubting the Cascio tracks.

I'm not doubting the Cascio songs. I believe, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt that they are NOT Michael Jackson songs. And everything that has been discussed, posted, and talked about since their release has only intensified my belief.

If people think it's Michael Jackson they should be able to post something along the lines of this. And if they can't, with the thousands of Michael Jackson songs to refer to, you've got to wonder why.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ti0AhDX0qFY

I'm not doubting the Cascio songs. I believe, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt that they are NOT Michael Jackson songs. And everything that has been discussed, posted, and talked about since their release has only intensified my belief.

If people think it's Michael Jackson they should be able to post something along the lines of this. And if they can't, with the thousands of Michael Jackson songs to refer to, you've got to wonder why.

I proposed to make the same things with other demos in order to remain objective. I also believe that they are fake, but who cares what I believe!

We need objective facts which will prove they are fake.

No musicologists are needed. Why not challenge Teddy or anyone else to take an existing MJ demo (The Girl Is Mine, Starlight, In The Back, ...etc) and turn it (thanks to melodyne or whatever) into the same voice timbre as the voice we hear on Monster and BN? Then we'll believe that it is indeed possible. Unless then, we'll be doubting the Cascio tracks.

No challenge at all for Teddy. He will not go for "melodyne" but for "whatever" (lol). All he has to do is just make a phone call to Malachi and get him to studio to record what you asked for! :wild: That's the only way those songs can ever sound like Malachi

I proposed to make the same things with other demos in order to remain objective. I also believe that they are fake, but who cares what I believe!

Have you seen my signature? What's more to prove?

EDIT ok you have, but really isn't that proof enough?

The video I posted proves that the vocalist isn't Michael Jackson. The onus is on the 'believers' to post a video that proves it is Michael Jackson. They won't do that because they can't do that.

The video I posted proves that the vocalist isn't Michael Jackson. The onus is on the 'believers' to post a video that proves it is Michael Jackson. They won't do that because they can't do that.

That's exactly the reason why I am saying to pick any demo available. We all possess those demos, so it "should" be a piece of cake to prove that it is "possible" to prove it is Michael if they manage to heavily process MJ's voice obtaining exactly the same voice as what we hear on BN or Monster. (I am singleing out KYHU, because it is not a fast track and not the same voice timbre).

That's exactly the reason why I am saying to pick any demo available. We all possess those demos, so it "should" be a piece of cake to prove that it is "possible" to prove it is Michael if they manage to heavily process MJ's voice obtaining exactly the same voice as what we hear on BN or Monster. (I am singleing out KYHU, because it is not a fast track and not the same voice timbre).

The onus isn't on me to do that. The onus is on the people trying to prove it's Michael.

The onus isn't on me to do that. The onus is on the people trying to prove it's Michael.

Although I finished law school, I didn't know the english word. Thanks sam!

For the sake of all of us, no matter who does it as long as it clearly and objectively proves either one way or another. Despite difference of opinions we all must work together as one community.

For the sake of all of us, no matter who does it as long as it clearly and objectively proves either one way or another. Despite difference of opinions we all must work together as one community.

Best post I've ever seen!:clapping:

If people aren't willing to be honest and say 'well, you know what, these Jason Malachi track comparisons are pretty damning', I doubt that any MJ comparison will sway them. If people are listening to that video comparison and still claim 'it doesn't sound like him' then it's a waste of everybodies time.

It sounds identical to Jason Malachi.

You still haven't convinced me. That video is ridiculous, and I think Malachi sounds nothing like Michael in Breaking News or Keep Your Head Up.

I'd really like more evidence either way, but the doubters are getting really annoying when they keep posting videos like this that don't even sound good. At least give us something substantial to listen to...

You really don't think that's Michael singing "All you need is love, tell you I know it's coming soon, and all you need is just a moment, won't it do?"

You know that Michael absolutely loved that line, "All you need is love."

Jason Malachi has never written a song even close to as good as Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, or Monster, so I really don't think it's Malachi.

Lol, so because one doesn't agree with you they aren't being honest? Preposterous.

No. Preposterous is claiming that the Malachi video, matching 'Critical' with 'KYHU', sounds less similar than Michael Jackson's 'performance' of 'WATW' at the WMA's and 'KYHU'.

No. Preposterous is claiming that the Malachi video, matching 'Critical' with 'KYHU', sounds less similar than Michael Jackson's 'performance' of 'WATW' at the WMA's and 'KYHU'.
But isn't this yet another sort of ridiculous comparison? WATW at the WMA's wasn't rehearsed, he's drowned out by the crowd, choir, other lead singers, etc. How can you compare something like that to Keep Your Head Up?

But isn't this yet another sort of ridiculous comparison? WATW at the WMA's wasn't rehearsed, he's drowned out by the crowd, choir, other lead singers, etc. How can you compare something like that to Keep Your Head Up?

I agree. But that's exactly what AnnieRUOkay89 did.

The Malachi videos are damning. If you don't want to agree with that, don't. But they are completely damning.

I said compare the falsetto, not the entire vocal of him singing WATW. The falsetto from where he says "There's a chance we're taking.." to the ending point of that chorus, and the high notes used in the Cascio recordings have a similar sound. It isn't a ridiculous comparison at all, his voice can be heard clearly, as compared to the crowd noise, and he's singing live into the microphone. Some people even felt that that was "damning" proof as to why it's Michael on these records.

The video was not meant for comparison, but instead to show what Michael sounded like when he wasn't at 100%. People speculated he had a cold during that performance, people also claim he had a cold throughout the entire 3 months of staying with the Cascio family. It wasn't until I compared the same note with that one in KYHU, that the video became a comparison one.

The WATW performance sounded nothing like any of the Cascio songs. Absolutely nothing like them. The fact that you can claim that, yet you deliberately avoid commenting on the Malachi videos, highlights your bias.

The Cascio songs sound nothing like Michael Jackson. Cold. Or no cold.

I've commented on the Cascio videos, on more than one occasion were you not aware of this...

"Comparing a vocal of someone singing in the hallway, isn't a fair comparison matched against the vocal of a studio recording."

"The Breaking News video, of Malachi's "original master" has been edited, the pitch is lowered so the voice sounds deeper"
(I then posted a comparison of the two acapellas)

"Compare more than one line of a song..."

I've said that in numerous threads regarding the Malachi videos, even this one, go read. You just can't bare the fact that I don't share your opinion, I'm not bias, I just don't agree with you, get over it, pal.

^ But it's completely hypocritical to post those criticisims only to then post the WATW video?!?

I honestly couldn't care less about your opinion. I say that in all honesty. If you believe the songs are Michael Jackson, then good for you. You've also tried to claim that 'Jam' isn't a political record, so your opinion means little to me.

Michael Jackson has never sounded anything like the vocalist on the Cascio songs. And no amount of excuses - we can add a '3 month cold' to the list - will disguise that fact.

Ps. Those comments you posted - they are criticisms of the videos, not comments on the audio. Do the audio tracks sound like Jason Malachi in those videos? Very simple question.

I honestly don't hear it. The vibrato sounds much worse on the album than in any Jason Malachi song or previous Michael Jackson song. No one is saying it isn't weird, but does that automatically mean it's an impersonator? Not really... especially when you take into consideration all the things surrounding the recording of these vocal tracks.

What if Michael was too quiet and they had to raise the volume all over the place, do weird cuts, extend here and there, all to make it sound just right? And maybe the result isn't perfect and it's kind if disappointing in some areas? But it's probably as good as it can be.

Like I said, it'd be nice to see an actual making of this album, but I think we'll know the real truth in time.

Jam isn't a political record, like I said, it's an uptempo "heal the world" song. And saying "The pitch has been altered, the original acapella doesn't sound this way" isn't a criticism of the audio? Wow.

It also isn't hypocritical, when those comments all came after my initial post of that video, I also just said it wasn't meant as comparison, just a view as to how Michael did sound when he wasn't 100%. Like I said, it didn't become a comparison until I realized the similarities to the falsetto. You don't see any similarities, others do, your opinion, your thought is not the gospel. So I nor any other member should have to take it as such, just because you want them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back