Britney Spears

Let us know what ya think. :)

I'm only just getting chance to listen now, about halfway through. Love it so far! I'm so lame that I'm getting kind of weak at the knees hearing her voice on something new! I'm just in love with her! :wub:

Here's the link and article:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42301160/

Will Fans Go Gaga for Britney One More Time?
Published: Monday, 28 Mar 2011 | 3:55 AM ET
Text Size
By: Reuters

As Britney Spears prepares to launch her seventh studio album "Femme Fatale" on Tuesday, the pop star faces keen competition from Lady Gaga, Katie Perry and Rihanna, who reign atop Billboard's Hot 100 singles ranking.

AP
Britney Spears
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her younger rivals' dominance this week may be coincidental — indeed, Spears also topped the ranking recently with "Hold It Against Me." — but the chart is a reminder of how crowded the pop diva market has become since Spears rose to fame as a teenager.

There is little doubt her fans will ensure brisk sales — Spears has sold nearly 70 million albums, according to label Jive Record — and her music is making headlines again instead of personal meltdowns, a custody battle and rehab stints.

Spears kicked off a string of promotions for the album on Friday with a performance at a Las Vegas nightclub.

On Sunday in San Francisco she will record a sold-out mini-concert to be aired on ABC's "Good Morning America" TV show on Tuesday.

Yet after more than 10 years in the music business, Spears, now 29, may have to do more to remain relevant in the era of Gaga, critics say. "As far as novelty goes, her natural demographic now has an icon as quirky and characterful as Lady Gaga to fascinate and fuss over," said Andy Gill of Britain's Independent newspaper.

"Gaga's music, let's be frank, is not that much better than, or even different to, that on 'Femme Fatale', but she knows the lingering appeal of playing dress up," he added in a two-out-of-five star review of Spears' record.

Adrian Thrills of the Daily Mail added: "The one-time gymslip diva has had to contend with the emergence of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Rihanna — a brash new wave of female performers who have made their mark while seemingly exercising far more creative control."

Reviews Range Widely

Reviews of "Femme Fatale" have been mixed. Among the most positive was Rolling Stone Magazine, which awarded the album four stars.

"Femme Fatale may be Britney's best album," wrote Jody Rosen, describing it as "a party record packed with sex and sadness." Hitmaking producers Dr. Luke and Max Martin were responsible for seven of the 12 tracks, while the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am was behind "Big Fat Bass" and Sweden's Bloodshy worked on "How I Roll" and "Trip To Your Heart."

Critics singled out "Hold It Against Me", with its dubstep influence, and "Inside Out," as well as "Till the World Ends," which Spin magazine called Spears' "first truly synapse-sizzling single since (2004's) 'Toxic.'" While there was broad agreement that the electro-pop, ballad-light record would be a dancefloor hit, critics felt Spears was in danger of disappearing as a voice and personality.

Alexis Petridis of Britain's Guardian newspaper awarded the album three stars, giving much credit to the producers for creating music that was "genuinely exciting." But he reflected negatively on Britney's voice, saying it was "as anonymous as ever, a state of affairs amplified by the lavishing of Auto-Tune." Spears' has said little about the album that has been two years in the making, although she has called "Femme Fatale," "my best work yet" on a recent radio appearance and stressed its dance roots.

"It's definitely something that you want to work out to," Spears said. "I'm a dancer so it's definitely something I can work with. It's just really fun."

I really love the album. Big fat bass, I wanna go, Inside out, Gasoline, criminal, till the world ends.
Hold it against me is not really my favorite sorry :/. But the album is still good.
But I mostly want the old britney back.. The girl: Baby one more time, Oops I did it again, you drive me crazy etc.. I'm fan of the OLD Britney. :)

I am the only one who notice her change in the way of singing? I mean here she sings totally in another way. She dosen't sing like that anymore.
:wub:

I am the only one who notice her change in the way of singing? I mean here she sings totally in another way. She dosen't sing like that anymore.
:wub:
She can sing like that, but why do they change her voice I don't know.

Just listen this unreleased song from Blackout

She can sing like that, but why do they change her voice I don't know.

Just listen this unreleased song from Blackout

Yeah, she can still do it (as evidenced by that and many other unreleased tracks & demos) but to be honest that voice doesn't really suit the type of music she is doing. It's a shame in a way but the music is really good so I won't complain too much.

I just bought Britney's new album and I absolutely LOVE it. Every song on the album is hot, in my opinion.

WOW, she can actually sing in that video. They need to stop auto-tuning her voice so much. I really like her voice.

I love the album, I LOVE Britney Spears, with Michael being gone I have to cling onto something that reminds me of the era I became a fan (early 2000s) and Britney is the 2000s and childhood to me.

I really love this album. Every song is just perfect :dancin:

I love her new album so much!
Critics like it, too...but I don't really care for them...
The media treats Britney similar to how they treated Michael...
I was on one of her concerts from the Circus tour. It was the only concert in my country of her...and after the concert they wrote that the fans hated it and were happy when it was over. That was so not true. We ALL freaked out, we danced, we sang along...It was amazing!

I was on one of her concerts from the Circus tour. It was the only concert in my country of her...and after the concert they wrote that the fans hated it and were happy when it was over. That was so not true. We ALL freaked out, we danced, we sang along...It was amazing!

Yep, I read that stuff too. That's what the media does to Britney. I'm not sure why, other than she's vulnerable and I guess they feel they can walk all over her. Vultures! Britney has been treated that way since day one, and unfortunately after all the years of braving the storm, her armor cracked and she has since had to built it back up. I'm glad she still has such supportive fans to help her through it all.

I remember that too! They wrote it about the concerts at the O2 in London as well, I was there and that's utter BS! It's so sad what they do to her. I really despise it!

I remember that too! They wrote it about the concerts at the O2 in London as well, I was there and that's utter BS! It's so sad what they do to her. I really despise it!

I agree if the crucification of another singer-artist has happened in recent times similar to that of Michael, it's Britney's. IMO. Though they've done FAR MORE to Michael, Brit' is the only one who comes close when it comes to the media.

I agree if the crucification of another singer-artist has happened in recent times similar to that of Michael, it's Britney's. IMO. Though they've done FAR MORE to Michael, Brit' is the only one who comes close when it comes to the media.

Agreed. It's really no wonder that Britney lost her head for a bit. A person can only take so much. Unfortunately, that's exactly what the media wanted and they had a heyday and made millions off of her suffering. So sad. What's sadder is that so many played along with it and still do to this day (calling her names, constant negative criticism, etc).

Just bought the deluxe version today but I have to get the Japanense realse too because it has the song "Scary" in it and it's a really hot song. You can here the song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG50g2cpOj4

Can't believe they left this gem off the album. *shakes head*

Yeah, Scary is awesome! Britney's leftovers are often really good tracks. Makes a person scratch their head sometimes as to how or why a track doesn't make an album.

Thank you for the link.
She sounds and looks sick during the interview...her eyes...

Thank you for the link.
She sounds and looks sick during the interview...her eyes...

She probably was or maybe it was something else. Who knows. There's lots of speculation that medication has affected her, but I don't want to play in to that too much. She still looked great overall and is such a sweetheart. Hopefully she's better now.

"Till The World Ends" 30 Second Sneak Peek
This video looks absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see the entire thing! :punk:

"Till The World Ends" 30 Second Sneak Peek
This video looks absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see the entire thing! :punk:

Looks promising. :)

*waits for the crazies to come in and start talking biblical ish about evil and the apocalypse blah blah blah like in the Katy Perry thread*

Back