Britney Spears

I like Britney. And I love the song. But I was not impressed with the music video. She definitely could do better than that IMO.

I will still support Britney and buy her new album. But she needs to come out with a better music video for her next single. The "Hold It Against Me" video looks more like behind-the-scenes footage than the actual music video IMO

unlike Madonna Britney could not reinvent herself....i wish her the best in the coning single !

Didn't like the song, didn't like the video but i did like the nose job.

Didn't like the song, didn't like the video but i did like the nose job.

WTF? Really? Really? You really just said that? You are at a Michael Jackson forum and you are accusing others of false plastic surgery? Some MJ fans never cease to amaze me and I don't mean that in a good way. :doh:

As for the video, I really like it. I don't think it's her best video ever but I love the visuals and the symbolism. This video represents Britney's meteoric rise to fame, her struggles, and her rebirth after overcoming it.

Nose job? DEAD. And how is this video "terrible"? I really can't with people anymore. If you go outside of this internet bubble EVERYBODY is impressed, the video is truly a new artistic direction for Britney with symbolism and amazing visuals, the storyline is also excellent. The video is definitely in her Top 3 best videos, and why are people saying she could do better than this, etc. etc.? Or that this is her worst video? This triumphs over any videos from her first 2 albums, the Blackout/Circus videos, only Slave and Toxic match this in my opinion.

WTF? Really? Really? You really just said that? You are at a Michael Jackson forum and you are accusing others of false plastic surgery? Some MJ fans never cease to amaze me and I don't mean that in a good way. :doh:

As for the video, I really like it. I don't think it's her best video ever but I love the visuals and the symbolism. This video represents Britney's meteoric rise to fame, her struggles, and her rebirth after overcoming it.

I don't think everyone gets what the video is really about. At least that's the impression I get looking around the internet. Some think its just filled with random images.

If you get the meaning of the video, it becomes a lot better.It does make sense. At least it did to me.
I do think the editing was a bit crazy though. And a part of me would have liked to see more dancing but I think they wanted to make the symbolism more of the main focus.

Britney is at a tough spot right now. She could have done a "regular" dance club kind of video but then everyone might have said that she's not moving forward. It could have fueled a fire of "she is old news, she doesn't have it anymore"
Here she has tried to do something different,something not focused on what she is always known for. It could be a smart move to make way for a different focus on her as an entertainer.
I hope that was her aim because I've seen that there is also a group of people dissapointed with her taking this turn and just wanted to see her dance pretty much.

All in all it wasn't exactly what I expected (which in the end could be a good thing) but I think it's a nice video. :)
I liked the scenes with her raising in the white dress like her "pop princess" kind of rise to stardom and then it all falling down and messed up.

Man what the are you talking about?? I didn't ACCUSE HER!!!I didn't know that having a plastic surgerie was a crime or something embarrassing. I don't have any problem with people having plastic surgeries.I am a Michael Jackson fan REMEMBER?? I like Britney Spears that's why i commented on her new song ,which i didn't like at all, likewise the video.And yes,she had a plastic surgery.I am amazed that you didn't noticed it.I, as a long time fan of hers, i noticed from the start. And what is this with you attacking on people who dare to make a comment on artist like Madonna or Gaga or whatever? Is here some kind of a rule that we can not express our opinion about them? Or because Michael had surgeries we have to automatically shut up and not comment when we see a celebrity have one. No, i aint going to do that.Jesus

Man what the are you talking about?? I didn't ACCUSE HER!!!I didn't know that having a plastic surgerie was a crime or something embarrassing. I don't have any problem with people having plastic surgeries.I am a Michael Jackson fan REMEMBER?? I like Britney Spears that's why i commented on her new song ,which i didn't like at all, likewise the video.And yes,she had a plastic surgery.I am amazed that you didn't noticed it.I, as a long time fan of hers, i noticed from the start. And what is this with you attacking on people who dare to make a comment on artist like Madonna or Gaga or whatever? Is here some kind of a rule that we can not express our opinion about them? Or because Michael had surgeries we have to automatically shut up and not comment when we see a celebrity have one. No, i aint going to do that.Jesus

I know exactly what I'm talking about and the fact that you don't is very scary. You aren't just expressing an opinion about a person. You are spreading lies. It's not about the alleged surgery at all. I don't think plastic surgery is a bad or embarrassing thing or else I wouldn't be an MJ fan. The thing is, Britney didn't have any plastic surgery. It's still the same nose she's always had. I have no idea what you are talking about and it's really annoying how nonchalant you are about it. As if making up a rumor about someone is no big deal. Even better, you treat it as fact. This is the same type of thing MJ had to suffer with his entire life.

No, plastic surgery isn't a bad thing and of course lots of people get it, but Britney is a young woman and in no way has changed her appearance (nor does she need to). I really have no idea what you are talking about. And no, I do NOT go around attacking people for having an opinion. I only ever ask for respectful discussion and that clearly goes over you head. This is really a new low, ESPECIALLY coming from a Michael Jackson fan. I really can't believe it. This is the craziest things I've read around here in a long time.

As an MJ fan, I would think you would have more respect for other people , especially where plastic surgery is concerned. MJ had to constantly deal with plastic surgery rumors. The media couldn't get past it and treated him as if he was the only person on the planet to have work done. He was hounded. Yes, he did have procedures but not to the extent that the media convinced the general public of. There wasn't a single thing about MJ that the media would give him credit for. It was all fake and plastic according to them. His eyes, cheek bones, jaw, skin, right down to the stubble on his face - EVERYTHING.

Why would you try to do that to Britney? Especially when it's painfully obvious that there is nothing different about her other than maybe hair and makeup. You do know those two things go a long way, right? They can make a person look totally different. How do you think someone like Madonna has had so many different looks over the years? Most of the time that MJ's face was accused of changing, it was due to hair, makeup, and lighting.

I don't know what else to say. I think it's really shameful that you accuse Britney of having a nose job. Save it for Perez Hilton or some other trashy gossip blog. Spreading a lie like that as if it were fact is really beneath you.

Last edited:
.but Britney is a young woman and in no way has changed her appearance (nor does she need to). The thing is, Britney didn't have any plastic surgery.It's still the same nose she's always had.

Ok, man whatever you say.She never had plastic surgery.That's not what google image says but hey, what do i know right??I am going to end this surgery thing here because i find it stupid to argue about a nose job. I believe she had plastic surgery, you believe she didn't. End of story.

Save it for Perez Hilton or some other trashy gossip blog.

I don't know who this girl Hilton is and i don't visit her blog. Maybe you should't too is she says to many bad things about B.Spears.

But i insist that you should calm down a bit your reaction. You are very agressive when answering to people.

Ok, man whatever you say.She never had plastic surgery.That's not what google image says but hey, what do i know right??I am going to end this surgery thing here because i find it stupid to argue about a nose job. I believe she had plastic surgery, you believe she didn't. End of story.

I don't know who this girl Hilton is and i don't visit her blog. Maybe you should't too is she says to many bad things about B.Spears.

But i insist that you should calm down a bit your reaction. You are very agressive when answering to people.

Aggressive? If that means that I don't take kindly to or tolerate BS, then guilty as charged! I don't care what your precious google says about Britney, Michael Jackson, or anyone else. The internet is filled with misinformation, vicious lies, rumors, and allegations. Again, as a Michael Jackson fan I would think you would know that. I have EYES. I can see that Britney is still 100% genuine Britney. No nip or tuck to be found anywhere. You can pretend all you like that you've done nothing wrong by throwing around false accusations, but I know better. You can give your opinion of Britney, the music and video, but where I draw the line is making up plastic surgery rumors. I would just appreciate it if you'd save it for the tabloids. This is not the place for that sort of thing.

You have no ground to stand on to suggest anything to me. I've always been respectful to everyone, so long as they are in themselves respectful. That's the difference. Also, if I said or did anything that you feel is out line, I apologize, but I honestly don't feel that I have. I have addressed only what you have presented. Nothing outside of that. I think the real problem here is that you don't like the reaction your words have created. That's what happens when someone lies. There's repercussions for all of our words and actions. I'm sorry that you are offended but I just don't take kindly to that sort of thing. I feel like MJ fans should know better and are above it. Can you not understand that?

Last edited:
Come on peeps, keep it calm. :)

I love the video. My only complaint is that it doesn't focus on her face long enough! Damn that girl's pretty!

The video is far too busy - the over-the-top editing, quick camera cuts and heavy product placement disappoint me. It looks too glossy and air-brushed on the eye. It had potential, especially with Jonas Akerlund at the helm. Had she not hyped it up with so many teasers over such a long time span, maybe I'd feel differently, but it's an anti-climax.

yeah the MV was nice....simple w/ a little tidbits of her life....seeing all the MIC in the vid bcoz of being hounded by paparazzi & controversies and the fight scene battling w/ herself I think....sumthing she learned life lessons.

I was very emotional as I watched the teaser. :lol:

Loved the video!!!

^Thanks for posting! Britney's a great dancer, not the greatest singer, true, but she can sing. I much prefer her older stuff, but of her recent projects, Circus has to be my favourite.

I like the new single. I like it much better than Hold It Against Me. Definitely.

^Thanks for posting! Britney's a great dancer, not the greatest singer, true, but she can sing. I much prefer her older stuff, but of her recent projects, Circus has to be my favourite.

I like the new single. I like it much better than Hold It Against Me. Definitely.

Everything pre-Black Out I really can't sit through except for Slave For You or Toxic. I love me some Toxic. :) I am really excited this year. Adele came out with a new record. Lykke Li's new album is incredible. Gaga's album coming soon as well as Britney's. Not to mention Madonna is back in the studio. Lots to look forward to, but I get depressed a bit because Michael's not here to give us new stuff :(

Small tidbit: Til The World Ends was written by Ke$ha. :)

Last edited:
^OMG really? I love her older stuff over her newer stuff. I especially love Oops!... I Did It Again. I love In The Zone, with "Everytime" quite possibly being my all-time favourite Britney song.

Yes, Ke$ha's written music for a lot of artists, actually. She writes her own songs and can actually sing, which is great, but you wouldn't guess it from hearing most of her official releases, unfortunately.

There's lots of stuff coming out in the mainstream, the bulk of which doesn't interest me in the least. The only mainstream I am looking forward to in the near future is Britney's album. Other than that, count me out. Non-mainstream, I am looking forward to Emilie Autumn's F.L.A.G. album, which will come out sometime this year.

I agree--it's quite sad Michael isn't around to release anything new, and that the Michael album was not only horrendously publicized, but also surrounded by the whole Cascio, I guess for lack of a better word, 'scandal.'

I think the whole album Femme Fatale is the biggest disappointed that I ever know....

I think the whole album Femme Fatale is the biggest disappointed that I ever know....

Are you from the future? You must be, being that the album isn't out yet, hasn't leaked, and only tiny snippets have been heard. Now that we've established that you're from the future, can you please tell us when "Bieber Fever" finally gets a shot of penicillin? Thanks in advance. ;)

I love Britney and her older tracks along with the new ones. Brit is part of my childhood so I'm extremely sentimental when it comes to all things Britney lol

Back