can you MoonWalk ?

It`s just the thing... but you`ll have to 'feel' the way to make the switch/balance yourself to learn it... so go practice!

It`s easier to learn the moonwalk after you learn to do a moonwalk on the spot (you know, the thing MJ does at the end of his billie jean routine before he actually moonwalks backwards). When you master that move, just try to walk backwards and the moonwalk should go by itself..

Just pretend you`re riding a bike and make the cycling move with your legs while you move the paddles down with your toes :) (just some illustration about how it feels when you actually moonwalk..)

Last edited:
I tried sooo hard back in the 80s to do that - i mean me along with everyone else really :lol:
Used to put just socks on and go in the kitchen and really sometimes think i was pretty good at it :rolleyes: :lol:

I can't moonwalk. :( I've tried time and time again, and failed miserably every time :rolleyes:. I really can't dance at all :lol:. I find it amazing that some people can moonwalk so easily, and for others it takes ages to perfect.:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's honestly not that hard once you understand the procedure. It really just comes down to comprehending the order. Can't do it as excellently as Michael, though.

I can:p:), but I can't do the lean:(

Just pretend you`re riding a bike and make the cycling move with your legs while you move the paddles down with your toes :) (just some illustration about how it feels when you actually moonwalk..)

:huh: I don't ride my bike backwards:D

Yes I can and I even taught an 8 year old how to do it too! :D

I can moonwalk :)

I can:p:), but I can't do the lean:(

You simply can't do it without someone or something helping you ;) When Michael (and the dancers) does the lean on stage, they attach their shoes into these little hooks that helps them to do it. And of course you need to have very well trained leg muscles.

Anthony King teaches also how to do...

Side Slide

Spin

Circle Slide

Last edited:
I can Moonwalk :yes:

I can also do some other moves :lol:

Last edited:
No I can't, haven't ever even tried. Maybe I should ^_^

Last edited:
The side-glide was actually the first MJ move I learned. :) Now that I think about it, I didn't learn the moonwalk until I had about 4 or 5 other moves under my belt!

In fact, I learned Thriller, and Beat It before I ever tried the Moonwalk... Hmm... :huh: I guess my dancin' priorities were out of whack, hahahaha :rolleyes:

My friend and i have moonwalk races all the time, is till gotta work on the head bobbing thing though that would perfect the whole look.

Back