Can't Let Her Get Away appreciation thread

analogue

Proud Member
This has always been one of my favorite MJ/Teddy Riley produced songs and i think it's sad that alot of fans see this as ''filler'' because i think it's brilliant. I love MJ's beatbox and adlibs here and while this is gonna be blashphamy to some of you i like Can't Let Her Get Away more than Remember Time (I still love Remember The Time btw)

I also think that this song would have made an awesome live performance. I can just picture MJ making a kick ass dance routine out of this

Always hated this track. Not good even as a filler. Depressing to lizzen to. Still dont understand why they didnt put in "for all time" instead of this garbage.

Always hated this track. Not good even as a filler. Depressing to lizzen to. Still dont understand why they didnt put in "for all time" instead of this garbage.

'Garbage,' are you serious? It may not be one of MJ's strongest songs, but it is still an innovative song in its own rights... The wonderful beat and the little rap MJ did was fantastic... I still don't understand why this wasn't released as a single and why MJ didn't ever perform it live.....

The wonderful beat and the little rap MJ did was fantastic... I still don't understand why this wasn't released as a single and why MJ didn't ever perform it live.....

I'm not sure if it was strong enough to be a single but a live performance would have been awesome. I did read on here (Not sure if this is true or not) that if it wasn't for the false allegations in 93 MJ was planning on adding Can't Let Her Get Away, Who Is It and Give Into Me to the Dangerous Tour setlist.

Last edited:
I'll say this forever. Not one track on the Dangerous album or any other album for that matter is rubbish, a filler etc. I can listen to all songs apart from one, It's the falling in love. I personally love the song, and think its a great track.

I love this song, the strings in it are indeed devine, it's very minimal, a huge beat accented with some kind of a synth stabs and then just these lovely strings, Michael's vocals simply float over the foundations of the instrumental. It's a really fun one to dance to, cause the beats are intense, i can see why it not appeal to everyone if you just sit and listen to it, you've gotta move, feel the beat :)

Exactly! Can't Let Her Get Away isn't really a song to sit and listen to. It's a song to dance to! I also think that it's a very unusual song (I mean that in a good way) i don't think i've ever heard a song sound like this before or since

I'll say this forever. Not one track on the Dangerous album or any other album for that matter is rubbish, a filler etc. I can listen to all songs apart from one, It's the falling in love. I personally love the song, and think its a great track.

I agree except about It's the falling in love, I love that song! And just to confirm I love Can't let her get away! funky, funky

I love the part with Michael's rap - it's really crazy! It doesn't make me wanna dance, it makes me wanna go completely wild ;) And then the smooth "don't let goooo ooh" :heart:

It is totally different type of song a bit like all MJ songs they are all different and Can't let her get away is amazing and read the lyrics - top notch song IMO and works perfectly with the Dangerous album.

@ analogue : Props to ya for this thread.
:listeningtomusic
The song doesn't sound outdated at all to me.
It still sounds modern and polished.
Michael was on fire recording this, I'm sure.
This track is meant to be sung by a dancer.

P.S. Wow, you TOO like this song more than Remember The Time??
I think we are in the minority.
*thinking of creating a poll...

"Black Jeans and a turtle neck sweater, I know that she is fakin' 'cause I've seen her look better" - This song always pops up in my head and makes me wanna sing out loud, If I haven't listened to Michael for a while.
I can't let her get away - One of the tracks that DEFINE the Dangerous album (I can hear people disagreeing with me :) )
LOVE this track, and I too (believe it or not analogue and helena22) prefer this song to remember the time.

Some people argue that this track should've ben exchanged for a ballad, I am glad it didn't, I prefer Michael this way, givin' me feeling, punch and an incredible urge to dance

....hmmm....might wanna put it on now....VERY LOUD :)

I have always loved this song since day 1! Its something about it thats so original and innovative..

The whole Dangerous album is perfection, from beginning to end :)

Btw just a little thing that i noticed, dosent his vocals sound a bit low during the verses for Cant Let Her Get Away? Maybe its just me:p

I think his voice does sound a lil deeper on those parts.
This song may be seen as filler to some but it certainly isn't garbage.

And I agree, it is a different sounding song. I love it too....always have.
It's full of energy and I can get my boogie on to it. Can't help but move sumthin! :p
The lyrics and the music and the construction thereof, are so unusual, that I truly get
a kick out of it when singing along.

Y'all oughta hear me trying to spit those ad libs at the end. :lol: Fun!

A fave part of CLHGA for me:

I Try So Hard To Love You
Some Things Take Time And Shame
I Think The Whole World Of You
Your Thoughts Of Me Remain
I'll Play The Fool For You
I'll Change The Rules For You
Just Say It And I'll Do
Just Make This Thing Come True
(Make A Dream Come True)

"Black Jeans and a turtle neck sweater, I know that she is fakin' 'cause I've seen her look better" - This song always pops up in my head and makes me wanna sing out loud, If I haven't listened to Michael for a while.
I can't let her get away - One of the tracks that DEFINE the Dangerous album (I can hear people disagreeing with me :) )
LOVE this track, and I too (believe it or not analogue and helena22) prefer this song to remember the time.

Some people argue that this track should've ben exchanged for a ballad, I am glad it didn't, I prefer Michael this way, givin' me feeling, punch and an incredible urge to dance

....hmmm....might wanna put it on now....VERY LOUD :)

I think you just confused Can't Let Her Get Away with She Drives Me Wild lol

This has always been one of my favorite MJ/Teddy Riley produced songs and i think it's sad that alot of fans see this as ''filler'' because i think it's brilliant. I love MJ's beatbox and adlibs here and while this is gonna be blashphamy to some of you i like Can't Let Her Get Away more than Remember Time (I still love Remember The Time btw)

I also think that this song would have made an awesome live performance. I can just picture MJ making a kick ass dance routine out of this

This is one of my favorite songs of all time from MJ. I love it, love it. It is so awesome! :)

Well, I could name a few, but that is for a different thread. :lol:

i love when people say, "Which song is this?". And i am like, "Its a Michael Jackson song". "Never heard of it", they say. And then i answer, "Listen, it's good" :D

Same here but I still think it's not Michael's best songs and I too would have rather had For All Time on the album. But CLHGA is defenetely an interesting song in Michael song catalogue. Just reminds us again of his versatility. :)

'Garbage,' are you serious? It may not be one of MJ's strongest songs, but it is still an innovative song in its own rights... The wonderful beat and the little rap MJ did was fantastic... I still don't understand why this wasn't released as a single and why MJ didn't ever perform it live.....
the track its horrible lol.maybe decent at best.its totally depressing that teddy rilley wrote ,produced and composed such garbage for mj to sing.why would michael record that?how could teddy riley,the songwriter and composer behind remember the time or blood on the dancefloor,write something like cant let her get away?:0

Because MJ knew it was garbage.
More like Teddy Riley in the first place ,since Riley is the producer and songwriter of half of the dangerous album,including this disaster called ,,cant let her get away,,. Michael just sang the crap Riley wrote and produced ,but im sure michael knew the track wasnt anything amazing :))))
Edit:By ,,crap,,i reffer only to the song ,,cant let her get away,,.The other songs Riley wrote,like Remember The Time or In the Closet are Heaven :D

'Can't Let Her Get Away' is not even a song that lyrically Michael Jackson was connected to it.

Actually, these new jack swing songs on that album (like 'Remember The Time', 'Can't Let Her Get Away', etc) are songs that lyrically are about a woman to whom Teddy Riley was attracted at that time.

That woman is American actress Salli Richardson, and she provided the inspiration for Teddy Riley to write these songs.

Salli Richardson was even in the studio with Teddy Riley everyday as he wrote and produced these songs for Michael Jackson.

"…'Do You Remember the time when we fell in love', 'I Can’t Let Her Get Away', 'She Drives Me Wild' … do you see how I’m cutting you off? She [Salli Richardson] was my inspiration!" (Teddy Riley, 2016)

This of course also means that Michael Jackson took undue songwriting credits (in terms of lyrics) for these songs, as confirmed by Teddy Riley in one of his other interviews.

@ analogue : Props to ya for this thread.
:listeningtomusic
The song doesn't sound outdated at all to me.
It still sounds modern and polished.
Michael was on fire recording this, I'm sure.
This track is meant to be sung by a dancer.

P.S. Wow, you TOO like this song more than Remember The Time??
I think we are in the minority.
*thinking of creating a poll...
Remember the time is a timeless Riley composed and produced track . Teddy Riley went wild when he wrote,composed and produced this song for Michael to sing. Remember the time shows how genius of a timeless composer and producer Teddy Riley is. And Michael nails those vocals. Michael was lucky to be offered to sing Remember the Time ,for me its Rock With You of the 90's.
Remember the time is timeless and a big hit,while Cant Let Her get away was more experimental (since Michael,a pop singer raps like for the first time) ,but its kinda stuck in 1991. Teddy wrote better songs. Even She driver me Wild its better .In my opinion

Back