CascioWhy Are We Hung Up On Cascio Tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

Proud Member
Why are we hung up on Cascio tracks but not "Hollywood Tonight"??? Am I missing something or is this track very reminiscent of the Cascio tracks in vocals and overall production and yet hardly anyone has made the connection? Instead, the conspiracy theorists go on and on about "Keep Your Head Up, Breaking News, and Monster". I admit I at first questioned them but after hearing "Hollywood Tonight" (and seeing the Oprah special also helped) I've decided to put to rest all the craziness in my own heart and soul and accept 'Michael' for what it is - our only chance to hear a "new" album from our King, but unfortunately, not at his very best. There really is no reason for anyone to lie, or for Sony to try and sabotage their own cash cow.

Discuss.

EDIT: Sorry, I messed up the topic title. Didn't mean to leave Cascio at the beginning. My bad.

whatever.

Why did you edit and change your original message? Way to be disrespectful and dismiss my feelings. Nice. Now that deserves a "whatever". I really hate how MJ's beloved fans are behaving these days.

You know what? I wrote that people will find new people to blame and defame during the trial.

While I wrote that I already saw the loads of people answering why the "doubters' are not "allowed" to go on and on and they are not "conspiracy theorists", they never said anything etc.

It's a fruitless debate, that is why I edited my post. Not to dismiss you.

I didn't feel like answering to the posts I knew would come. Because I've read all argument for/against a million times. I would have simply deleted my post, but there's no "delete button".

Why did you edit and change your original message? Way to be disrespectful and dismiss my feelings. Nice. Now that deserves a "whatever". I really hate how MJ's beloved fans are behaving these days.

yes travis is so sad, now everything is about hate and being disrespectul with each other
im with u and i think the same about the cascios and the new album.... i love the album im going to have a lot of fun with it...this is or king....

It's MJ singing on the songs. I don't know why some people continue to say it's not him. Why on earth would Sony and the estate want to release songs that are not MJ singing?

I made this topic because I have witnessed the immense love for "Hollywood Tonight" but very few have made the connection in sound between that song and the Cascio tracks. Why do people accept that HT's vocals have been altered and not the Cascio tracks? Why are there so few people discussing the similarities between these tracks? I think the likeness is striking. I guess I'm confused why debates for the Cascio tracks don't also apply to HT. If you ask me, if the Cascio tracks are "100% Fake" than so is "Hollywood Tonight". The Cascios could have written and produced this song with Michael, according to my ears. Just sayin'. I'm not trying to stir the pot but rather trying to introduce a less discussed theory... that maybe, just maybe, the songs really are indeed Michael Jackson since they sound so much like "Hollywood Tonight" that is so welcomed by the fans. I don't see how anyone can dismiss "Monster, Keep Your Head Up, and "Breaking News" but accept "Hollywood Tonight" without question. When I first heard it, I thought it must be one of the Cascio tracks, only later to discover it wasn't. I guess I was wondering if anyone else out there did the same thing.

Hollywood Tonight sounds like MJ to me and the three other tracks do not. The beatboxing, the ad-libs which are NOT pasted on, and other things - both subtle and not so subtle - are clear to me.

And that's the thing - Hollywood Tonight's vocals do sound like they were recorded poorly and/or had lots of effects added to them. i.e. they are "processed". And yet I can still clearly tell its Mike.

There's not a lot to it really. I can easily hear and appreciate what I'm listening to on Hollywood Tonight. Not so on the other three tracks.

Hollywood Tonight sounds like MJ to me and the three other tracks do not. The beatboxing, the ad-libs which are NOT pasted on, and other things - both subtle and not so subtle - are clear to me.

And that's the thing - Hollywood Tonight's vocals do sound like they were recorded poorly and/or had lots of effects added to them. i.e. they are "processed". And yet I can still clearly tell its Mike.

There's not a lot to it really. I can easily hear and appreciate what I'm listening to on Hollywood Tonight. Not so on the other three tracks.
You're just saying that because you know which tracks are the Cascio tracks. If Hollywood Tonight was a Cascio track, you'd say the same thing about it.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with grace and dignity.

When I first heard it, I thought it must be one of the Cascio tracks, only later to discover it wasn't. I guess I was wondering if anyone else out there did the same thing.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. HT does not sound like Cascios tracks. HT has MJ "signature" vocals and it is clear that it is him. I cannot say the same about Cascos tracks.

You're just saying that because you know which tracks are the Cascio tracks. If Hollywood Tonight was a Cascio track, you'd say the same thing about it.

Oh really? Well, I can guarantee you that you're wrong. Carry On sounds iffy to me, and we don't know if that's a Cascio track or not, do we?

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. HT does not sound like Cascios tracks. HT has MJ "signature" vocals and it is clear that it is him. I cannot say the same about Cascos tracks.

Again, this is the very reason I made this topic. I wanted to know if anyone else mistook this song for a Cascio track at first listen. I honestly did. I knew there were three tracks but didn't know the names of all three. As I listened to the album, I heard this track and mistook it for one of the controversial tracks. To me, if others also didn't know which tracks were for certain a Cascio recorded song, they would also question "Hollywood Tonight". To me, it's very reminiscent of those songs and would have been a very interesting study but unfortunately, unlike, most people knew the names of the tracks and had their minds made up before even hearing them all. Now that I've heard all songs, the songs that sound very unlike MJ are "Hollywood Tonight, Monster, Breaking News, and Keep Your Head Up". However, those tracks have all been conclusively proven to be MJ by producers and science. Sure, those things aren't as good as a conspiracy theory, but then again fans always know more than actual musicologists. Sony obviously paid off a huge wad of people, spending millions, to sabotage their own project. All these people who loved MJ and who he trusted, are all out to get him. Sure, conspiracy theories normally have feesable reasoning behind the paranoia but in this case, it's not applied. For some reason, Sony and all of MJ's good friends and producers wanted to spit on his grave... Makes perfect sense.

The only thing that makes sense to me is, that MJ's family is hurting because they aren't going to make a dime off of their cash cow. MJ kept them all paid up, and now he's gone. Some of them may actually have to go out on their own and get real jobs. People often say MJ was bad with money, but few factor in that his family was a constant drain, and while he obviously loved them, he kept his distance for a reason. Now there's a conspiracy theory to chew on.

Last edited:
Why are we hung up on Cascio tracks but not "Hollywood Tonight"??? Am I missing something or is this track very reminiscent of the Cascio tracks in vocals and overall production and yet hardly anyone has made the connection? Instead, the conspiracy theorists go on and on about "Keep Your Head Up, Breaking News, and Monster". I admit I at first questioned them but after hearing "Hollywood Tonight" (and seeing the Oprah special also helped) I've decided to put to rest all the craziness in my own heart and soul and accept 'Michael' for what it is - our only chance to hear a "new" album from our King, but unfortunately, not at his very best. There really is no reason for anyone to lie, or for Sony to try and sabotage their own cash cow.

Discuss.

EDIT: Sorry, I messed up the topic title. Didn't mean to leave Cascio at the beginning. My bad.

I agree with you and I have stated this in another thread, but all naysayers were sure it sounded diffrently. To me the lowish voice is very similar on all three tracks, including Hollywood Tonight (except being Keep your Head Up which is Michael as we've all come to know and love him in my opinion).

But honestly, I'm so tired of this discussion (even though you brought up a new legitimate aspect of it - no disrespect meant). It's so insulting to Michael and his work. I've said all I wanted to say about it now and will stop repeating myself. It has gotten boring and annoying.

Again, this is the very reason I made this topic. I wanted to know if anyone else mistook this song for a Cascio track at first listen. I honestly did. I knew there were three tracks but didn't know the names of all three. As I listened to the album, I heard this track and mistook it for one of the controversial tracks. To me, if others also didn't know which tracks were for certain a Cascio recorded song, they would also question "Hollywood Tonight". To me, it's very reminiscent of those songs and would have been a very interesting study but unfortunately, unlike, most people knew the names of the tracks and had their minds made up before even hearing them all. Now that I've heard all songs, the songs that sound very unlike MJ are "Hollywood Tonight, Monster, Breaking News, and Keep Your Head Up". However, those tracks have all been conclusively proven to be MJ by producers and science. Sure, those things aren't as good as a conspiracy theory, but then again fans always know more than actual musicologists. Sony obviously paid off a huge wad of people, spending millions, to sabotage their own project. All these people who loved MJ and who he trusted, are all out to get him. Sure, conspiracy theories normally have feesable reasoning behind the paranoia but in this case, it's not applied. For some reason, Sony and all of MJ's good friends and producers wanted to spit on his grave... Makes perfect sense.

The only thing that makes sense to me is, that MJ's family is hurting because they aren't going to make a dime off of their cash cow. MJ kept them all paid up, and now he's gone. People often say MJ was bad with money, but few factor in that his family was a constant drain which is why he kept his distance. Now there's a conspiracy theory to chew on.

Well, I am a "conspiracy theorist" who thinks outside the box and I have nothing to add to your post except saying once again that HT contains MJ vocals no doubts but Cascios tracks are very questionable. I am not a blind Jacksons hater either.I do not know what you are trying make out of it? This thread is pointless imo.
MJ vocals are NOT the same on HT and Cascios tracks. End of the story.

Last edited:
I completely agree with Travis here. I firmly believe that all this Cascio stuff is hype. I feel a lot of fans were hyped into "believing" Breaking News was not Michael. I also feel that had there been a way to somehow hide the fact that the other Cascio tracks were Cascio tracks then people would not be saying "it's not him". It seems like some had already sub-consciously made up their minds that these were "fake" just because of the Cascio involvement.

I do wonder how Michael would feel if he could see people branding his work (and that is my belief - HIS work) as fake. If that was me, I think I would be hurt by that.

I can guarantee you that the rumors had no bearing on my opinion. I can't speak for everyone though. The main reason the rumors had no bearing on my opinion was because I didn't think the rumors were attacks on the songs: they sounded like made-up rumors to attack members of the Jackson family. I thought "come on, The Jacksons probably never even said this".

I completely agree with Travis here. I firmly believe that all this Cascio stuff is hype. I feel a lot of fans were hyped into "believing" Breaking News was not Michael. I also feel that had there been a way to somehow hide the fact that the other Cascio tracks were Cascio tracks then people would not be saying "it's not him". It seems like some had already sub-consciously made up their minds that these were "fake" just because of the Cascio involvement.

And I believe that you all just sub consciously WANT to believe the tracks are Michael so bad that you have convinced yourselves its him. You have waited years for a new album and now it has come along and you dont want to dissapoint yourselves.

Therefore you have convinced yourselves that it is MJ on these tracks. Your just not aware of it.

Your all missing one major point. Hollywood Tonight sounds like MJ, the Cascio songs dont. Enough said. Goodnight.

Well, I am a "conspiracy theorist" who thinks outside the box and I have nothing to add to your post except saying once again that HT contains MJ vocals no doubts but Cascios tracks are very questionable. I am not a blind Jacksons hater either.I do not know what you are trying make out of it? This thread is pointless imo.
MJ vocals are NOT the same on HT and Cascios tracks. End of the story.

I don't think it's pointless at all. I'm trying to bring up what I feel is a valid and different take on the controversy. I'm trying to find out why people believe as they do in spite of so little evidence. When I heard "Hollywood Tonight" it blew the whole conspiracy cloud away in my mind. I thought, if this track isn't fake, then neither are they. The vocals are radically different from Michael's other recording and yet they are accepted, so why not the demonized "Cascio Tracks"??? Saying, "because it's not him or has more "hee hee's" is hardly a helpful argument.

And I believe that you all just sub consciously WANT to believe the tracks are Michael so bad that you have convinced yourselves its him. You have waited years for a new album and now it has come along and you dont want to dissapoint yourselves.

Therefore you have convinced yourselves that it is MJ on these tracks. Your just not aware of it.

Your all missing one major point. Hollywood Tonight sounds like MJ, the Cascio songs dont. Enough said. Goodnight.
That is totally untrue.

And I believe that you all just sub consciously WANT to believe the tracks are Michael so bad that you have convinced yourselves its him. You have waited years for a new album and now it has come along and you dont want to dissapoint yourselves

I dunno, I found I listened to Breaking News far more critically when it streamed due to the hype, plus had texts from other fans telling me they were sure it was not him. Yet despite listening hyper-critically I STILL thought it was him. My boyfriend who is another long-time fan said the same.

Here's the problem with your theory...

"Hollywood Tonight" doesn't sound like Michae's natural voice and you are really kidding yourself, along with all the other naysayers if you honestly believe so. I've never heard MJ sound as he does on HT just as I've never heard him sound as he does on "KYHU, BN, or Monster". It's obvious his vocals were heavily played with on all these tracks. My question is, why is it okay to believe HT is real and the Cascio tracks aren't when ALL sound drastically different. You all keep saying that you have ears, well so do I. And when I heard HT I thought it was another alleged fake. What would you do if HT was named a Cascio track? How would you feel then? I bet your tune would change despite denying the fact.

"Hollywood Tonight" doesn't sound like Michae's natural voice and you are really kidding yourself, along with all the other naysayers if you honestly believe so. You all keep saying that you have ears, well so do I. And when I heard HT I thought it was another alleged fake. What would you do if HT was named a Cascio track? How would you feel then? I bet your tune would change despite denying the fact.

No no i'm pretty sure that is the reason why all of you seem to think its Michael. Its just because you dont want to be dissapointed after years of waiting for a new album :) So SUB-CONSCIOUSLY you have convinced yourselves its him, without realising it.

Hollywood Tonight doesnt sound like Michael's natural voice but he is still instantly recognisable.

That is totally untrue.

Just as its totally untrue that all people doubting the tracks were influenced by the rumors.

"Hollywood Tonight" doesn't sound like Michae's natural voice and you are really kidding yourself, along with all the other naysayers if you honestly believe so. I've never heard MJ sound as he does on HT just as I've never heard him sound as he does on "KYHU, BN, or Monster". It's obvious his vocals were heavily played with on all these tracks. My question is, why is it okay to believe HT is real and the Cascio tracks aren't when ALL sound drastically different. You all keep saying that you have ears, well so do I. And when I heard HT I thought it was another alleged fake. What would you do if HT was named a Cascio track? How would you feel then? I bet your tune would change despite denying the fact.

This is where we have the disengage.

Both sides have to understand, respect and accept that we are not hearing and processing the same things we hear the same.

His vocals may have been played with on Hollywood Tonight, but I can hear clearly in the song what I cannot in the others. There are embellishments, the layered backing vocals, beatboxing, the pronunciation and diction that I have come to expect from his music, whereas I found those things highly lacking (and in some cases, laughable) on the other questionable recordings.

Its a neverending circle of debate. Yes, the Cascio songs were "unfinished" (though it sounds like Hollywood Tonight was as well). Yes, none of us can be 100% certain. However, everyone just needs to accept we hear things differently.

talk about yourself only and do not include other fans !!!

personally i can't get enough of Monster i listened to the song more than 40 times and i'm listening to it right now as i'm typing the post...Breaking News is my second favourite song and Best of Joy is number three , Another day is four.....

believe it or not....some REAL MJ fans LOVE the Cascios songs alot and i'm sure one of them is gonna be # 1

maybe out of the topic question but could someone give me the full track list of all Cascio's tracks what were sold to Sony,i remember seeing the full 14(?) track list of songs that MJ did with Cascio,but can't find it online now.... thanks :)

Real fans would never support this album. The end.

but your Gods the Jacksons support the album !!

Go and ask them about this before , you must be a bad Jacksons worshiper then :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back