Chamone Mo' Fo' Selecta

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

Ack!!!!!!!!!!!

Can any of you provide a Youtube link????

I love UK TV!!!

I've watched Faulty Towers & Are you being served & AbFab!

And I needed asthma medication afterwards from laughing so hard (ok, not really)...

BUT DAMMIT!!!

Don't I qualify for your benevolence???

YouTube it for your low life US cousins?

PLEASE?????

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

Ack!!!!!!!!!!!

Can any of you provide a Youtube link????

I love UK TV!!!

I've watched Faulty Towers & Are you being served & AbFab!

And I needed asthma medication afterwards from laughing so hard (ok, not really)...

BUT DAMMIT!!!

Don't I qualify for your benevolence???

YouTube it for your low life US cousins?

PLEASE?????

Hay there
this is the promo for it,trying to find the whole thing on youtube for u xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWBou8ppYwg xxx

I don't see how this could be funny it looks disgusting
there making fun at the way he looked before his death

I havent watched it yet i sky plus iti properly wont watch it cause its to do with michael and i cant watch anything to do with michael :cry: just someone from not the uk was asking to see something so i found it for them x

Yea, I youtubed "Bo Selecta - Michael Jackson" and what they have up there I really didnt find funny not at all. Maybe the English have a different sense of humour than Americans, I dont know.

I found a clip of Lenny Henry (I think thats his name), and I found that more entertaining than this. Even then, some parts where distasteful and I stopped watching.

2 the ppl who think it was disrespectful etc. Regardless of Keith Lemon saying michael was a freak, he's obviously put alot into this and done his research so credit to him there. I dont think its disrespectful and Bo Selecta took the piss out of loads of celebs lol.

Watchin again on E4 plus 1 haha :)

indeed I agree i think keith lemmon was just a "character" so shouldn't be taken seriously and he was o.k talking about MJ on a thing called celebrity juice when David Gest was on it, I know leigh is a big fan of MJ

Im on Leigh aka keith lemon twitter and he did say he didnt want ppl to hate him,he said he is a huge fan of michaels and because he is a comdian this is how he could pay his respects he said if he was a singer he would sing but he cant,i have sky plus it but havent watched it yet x

yeah indeed I read about that too that he said it's the best way he can pay tribute to Michael i thought it was o.k for the most part

Anyone else at "Don't stop till you get enough cola cubes" xD amazing
lol that one made me go huh wtf? and then laugh

That was sad at the end :(

Think I might go for a cry now tbh x
oh yeah the end made me cry too so sad

The Simon Cowell bits were amazing, I couldn't stop laughing.
Had a good laugh watching it.
There were some offensive bits but if you could overlook those then it was pretty good

oh I know the simon cowell bits were hysterical lol
are you all mad?it was so disrespectful I was shocked. Singing 'my daddy beat me' as beat it is not humour

yeah that bit was not good but besides that it was fine imho

Um, yeah....

That preview looked like a very poor imitation of a Weird Al Yankovic parody.

And Weird Al did it much better.

MUCH BETTER.

Um, yeah....

That preview looked like a very poor imitation of a Weird Al Yankovic parody.

And Weird Al did it much better.

MUCH BETTER.
Leigh Francis is in NO way trying to pull a Weird Al! heh
I guess that's only a clip tho', so it's easy to get the wrong end of the stick.

There can sometimes be a gulf between American and UK humour tho', and I'd probably think that Bo'Selecta stuff doesn't travel so well, even in the UK, Leigh's humour is like marmite, you either love it or hate it!

Loved the show myself - Ken West! haha

Leigh Francis is in NO way trying to pull a Weird Al! heh
I guess that's only a clip tho', so it's easy to get the wrong end of the stick.

There can sometimes be a gulf between American and UK humour tho', and I'd probably think that Bo'Selecta stuff doesn't travel so well, even in the UK, Leigh's humour is like marmite, you either love it or hate it!

Loved the show myself - Ken West! haha

Hmmm...well if SOMEBODY provides a full episode YouTube link , then maybe I'll change my mind...

BTW, I LOVE Uk shows - from the 80s The Young Ones (I used to see it on MTV) & Millennium years of Little Britain are F-KING AWESOME.

Hmmm...well if SOMEBODY provides a full episode YouTube link , then maybe I'll change my mind...

BTW, I LOVE Uk shows - from the 80s The Young Ones (I used to see it on MTV) & Millennium years of Little Britain are F-KING AWESOME.

Oh I won't watch little britain anymore after the remarks about MJ from David walliams just after MJ died NOT good!

Oh I won't watch little britain anymore after the remarks about MJ from David walliams just after MJ died NOT good!

Those episodes haven't made it here yet. And I won't see them if you say they did that.

But the 1980s YOUNG ONES - F-ING amazing. Funniest sh*t since Monty Python.

Yeah, you might have seen that there are a few clips on YouTube, but as you say, you need the full show, otherwise they're out of context.

The only link for the full show at the moment is the channel 4 one, which is only available UK as far as I know.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/chamone-mofo-selecta/4od#2971185

this one although is comedy, it doesnt personally insult MJ or anything it makes funny his music, his style and quirks that we all love. we need to be able to laugh sometimes about this i guess

and yeah its very funny !

I am not a fan of this comedian at all, and only came across the programme by mistake, about 15 minutes in, but I have to say I FOUND IT HILARIOUS.

I missed the beginning so someone please tell me why Uri Geller had a cat on his head? And the part where they were both shopping in 'Matalan' - Miichael came across as the normal one all the way through.

The only part I didn't like was the bit in the kitchen with the steak and kidney pies. But I though the portrayal of Bashir was spot on!

And yes the Billie Jean section with the lighted squares - they even had the dustbin and fire hydrant there as well.

The first half (up until the Pepsi commercial) was absolutely hilarious, I was laughing non-stop; Leigh Francis's attention to detail, and his take on celeb's intricacies are superb. "John Landis" had me in stitches, as did the Moonwalker "plot" session (bunny on a motorbike!!).

The second half was still good, but as it focused less on the music, it wasn't quite as lol funny. Uri was portrayed as being desperate for MJ's friendship, and the whole TII joke worked well. Spot on with Bashir also.

Yea the steak and kidney pie was a bit stupid.I didn't get the true meaning to that...It should have not got to the point where he had sex with the steak pie, but then they made out that everyone did it...

David Gest as hillarious...With the Buttocks bit ! ...He has great timing

Bashir, Uri, Simon, and OPRAH!!!!!!!!!!! Hillarious portrayls..I loved the way oprah walked lol

Some very good parodies..

And also Conrad Murray as the doctor....He was taken the pis out of but the actor who played im was very funny

The first five minutes i didnt like- i found it rude & just dodgy. Also, i didnt like the fact he swore like every five seconds! Michael wouldnt swear that much or even at all really!
However, as time went on it got bit better. Thought some jokes were funny, like him painting and going "burgandy, burgandy, blue blue, blue blue- and thats how l created Billie Jean!" I thought that was hilarious! I thought the way he recreated the videos was excellent to & changing the words etc. However, the thing with the pie was abit to far.
I would say overall you can tell he is a huge MJ fan & as he added in the smallest details, but other things he went abit to far on. So it had its high points! I liked the fact David Gest was in it, hes so funny.

The first five minutes i didnt like- i found it rude & just dodgy. Also, i didnt like the fact he swore like every five seconds! Michael wouldnt swear that much or even at all really!
However, as time went on it got bit better. Thought some jokes were funny, like him painting and going "burgandy, burgandy, blue blue, blue blue- and thats how l created Billie Jean!" I thought that was hilarious! I thought the way he recreated the videos was excellent to & changing the words etc. However, the thing with the pie was abit to far.
I would say overall you can tell he is a huge MJ fan & as he added in the smallest details, but other things he went abit to far on. So it had its high points! I liked the fact David Gest was in it, hes so funny.

The point is that it's MJ's alter-ego! The Billie Jean section was absolutely brilliant

Yea all of that is a mirror image of how mj actually is..That i the comic irony...THEY call it satire..And there is oodles of it in the show...It has alot of layers to it..

V clever and the recreatig of the videos ws wonderful from the costumes, the sets,the dancers...Must have have taken a while to do..

I liked the end with a proper professional mj dancer ancing on the wall

It was satire that was respectf for the most part..David Gest was like having mj's blessing

I LOVE THE Doctor and his actually definitions for everything lol...

i just been streaming via ch4 website, watched 20 minutes and turned off...its more boring then offensive.

When the KFC chicken bit came on I thought : *He's a MJ fan...only a MJ fan would know that!!* LMAO.

u can tell the guy is an MJ fan...the unathorized interview at Encino..how many non fans know about that...the KFC stuff. I think it was light hearted and a nice dedication from an obvious fan.

Yeah, and I wonder whether he visits these MJ boards. I suspect he does because I can't see a casual non-internet fan knowing some of the things he knows. I haven't seen this particlur show yet, but I have seen other MJ Bo Selecta sketches and it's clear he is a big MJ fan who can see MJ through the eyes of the general public, can acknowledge MJs faults without making excuses for them and still loves him. You may not like the way he pays tribute to mike in parts of the programme, but you got to respect his 'fandom'.

Some of you seriously need to get a grip. It's comedy. It's supposed to break boundaries. There's no need to get a hissy fit over it.

Back