Chamone Mo' Fo' Selecta

yh but andy you could say that about many things...fawlty towers is the same farce comedy for much of each episode..doesn't mean it isn't great...not in any way comparing that to mo fo selecta..but it is what it is...as it goes on , you go through moments in mj's life and therefore new characters come into play and are portrayed in new/same ways..ie different mannerisms looks voices etc...but same masks andabsurdity and over the top humour

I think it was very diverse

yh but andy you could say that about many things...fawlty towers is the same farce comedy for much of each episode..doesn't mean it isn't great...not in any way comparing that to mo fo selecta..but it is what it is...as it goes on , you go through moments in mj's life and therefore new characters come into play and are portrayed in new/same ways..ie different mannerisms looks voices etc...but same masks andabsurdity and over the top humour

I think it was very diverse

Good Point. Maybe it's just not my thing lol. :p

To the people who were offended- Oh my god...This show is NOT meant to be taken seriously. He's a fan and this is HIS way of honouring Michael. You people seriously need to lighten up and stop taking things so seriously. I bet Michael would have found it funny, seeing as he had a sense of humour.

Going back to the attention to detail in MoFo Selecta - for the spoof of the above Making of Thriller scene, "MJ" is even wearing similar socks!! (under his glittery ones, lol). And I still think "John Landis" was hilarious, the way he kept acting up to the camera!!

Watched it last night and it was great, the accuracy of the video recreations is quite amazing, especially in Thriller. Billie Jean made me LMAO! and the taking the piss out of Dr. Murr... I mean "Dr. Michael Jacksons doctor"

that was so weird...lmao billie jean was funny, it reminded me of steve martim doing billie jean and how he had to back track and light another square.
and the john landis part was funny too, where hes sitting there with john.and that werewolf mask he wore was silly looking.

but i think the cat on the head part was hilarious.

Most of it was good. bits of it were a bit too far for me though.
I surprised myself by actually crying at the end though!

Some of it was funny some of it was just dumb. I comend the guy for coming up with some weird creative stuff, thats such a odd take on mj very different.

Although i must say some of it was just dumb. Sorry but a guy dancing around with a chicken leg on his head is something i would expect to see on some childrens program, yelling motherfucker non stop can't make everything funny.

The steak pie bit is AWFUL. We all know what the steak pies were supposed to represent...

I thought the guy was a fan?!

I didn't watch it, if it was done in a year or so it might be funny but not 3 months after the 25/6. I think it's just disrespectful.

I totally agree the timing was all wrong in fact to be honest dont think there would ever be a right time for this!!!

the guy took the total piss outta MJ for years and not in the funny comical ways all the time.
He was really nasty during celebrity juice calling him a freak and everything

Yes true obviously some people forget that!

are you all mad?it was so disrespectful I was shocked. Singing 'my daddy beat me' as beat it is not humour

No its sick Michael spoke about things like this while fighting back the tears but hay apparently its funny to sing this crap!!!!

Some of you seriously need to get a grip. It's comedy. It's supposed to break boundaries. There's no need to get a hissy fit over it.

Well thats your opinion i dont think any one is having a hissy fit however it offended people including myself!

I only watched this because someone told me it was very good and in no way disrespectful towards Michael! What a load off crap it was horrible. I have a sense off humor yes but not regarding taken the piss out off someone who has just passed away! It was not funny at all!!! I thought it was disgusting!

And yes mr penguin i am now having a hissy fit!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only watched this because someone told me it was very good and in no way disrespectful towards Michael! What a load off crap it was horrible. I have a sense off humor yes but not regarding taken the piss out off someone who has just passed away! It was not funny at all!!! I thought it was disgusting!

And yes mr penguin i am now having a hissy fit!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt see the all of it but, i totally agree, it really was disgusting to watch, i just found it totally disrespectful and well plain horrible, his michael jackson character as far as im concerned has always been a big piss take and the same goes for this episode :angry:

Seriously though, WTF was with the Cat on Uri's head?! :rofl:

The steak pie bit is AWFUL. We all know what the steak pies were supposed to represent...

I thought that was quite clever.He had to address the allegations and he made it into an issue that was completely absurd,which is what the allegations themselves were.Absurd.

The guy is a massive fan.You only have to look at the detail that went into it.Alot of fans just don't like it which is cool but then theirs a few that are failing to read between the lines.

No, I didn't like that bit at all either. It did lighten it up and make me laugh when Bashir started singing... "Steak and Kidney piiiie, Steak and Kidney Pie.." LOL

I thought the Billie Jean thing was pretty cool though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebnxMyFdor4 :D

Ahh right.. looking at it that way i see it in a slightly different light... but I'm not sure everyone would have seen it from that position.

I thought it was funny in places.. I did laugh out loud at parts of it.

Its just, that issue is the most important isn't it and I took it at face value.. but then i did wonder what the point of David Guest saying 'in those days everyone did it' was

I thought that was quite clever.He had to address the allegations and he made it into an issue that was completely absurd,which is what the allegations themselves were.Absurd.

The guy is a massive fan.You only have to look at the detail that went into it.Alot of fans just don't like it which is cool but then theirs a few that are failing to read between the lines.

watched it last night and i thought it was so funny!! :p
and at most parts only true MJ fans would know what he was on about!
i loved the bit at the grammy awards..
'brook shields yo a** looks tight!'
'anyone gotta bag for all this, i cant carry this all night cha'mone what the f***!' haha

watched it last night and i thought it was so funny!! :p
and at most parts only true MJ fans would know what he was on about!
i loved the bit at the grammy awards..
'brook shields yo a** looks tight!'
'anyone gotta bag for all this, i cant carry this all night cha'mone what the f***!' haha

Just a question are u saying only true michael fans would have found it funny??

Ahh right.. looking at it that way i see it in a slightly different light... but I'm not sure everyone would have seen it from that position.

I thought it was funny in places.. I did laugh out loud at parts of it.

Its just, that issue is the most important isn't it and I took it at face value.. but then i did wonder what the point of David Guest saying 'in those days everyone did it' was

It's the way I saw it anyways.Having David Guest say that was genius.Don't get me wrong,I found parts of it drawn out towards the end but I thought on the whole it was very laugh-out-loud-ish.
I also think theres an element to it that wont travel well.I think it will be lost in translation on a lot of people.It's very British in that sense.

I know, I didn't get why he started singing that though..lol!

The Billie Jean lighty square thing was funny!

I found Joe's hand hitting him very in your face also but it set the tone for what was to follow.
Again I liked the fact that he addressed it.

Ok, I just finished seeing the Chamone FO Selecta on Youtube -

At times, I was like WTF is Michael Jackson sounding like James Brown after doing a bottle of Hennesey and 3 lines of coke?

And then I DIED LAUGHING at some parts - the Simon Cowell and pancake mann-boobs - LOL!!!!! Craig David doing customer service ????? LOLOLLOLLLL!!!!!!!!!

URI GELLAR!!! LOLOLOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

But all in all - good show.

Ok, I just finished seeing the Chamone FO Selecta on Youtube -

At times, I was like WTF is Michael Jackson sounding like James Brown after doing a bottle of Hennesey and 3 lines of coke?

And then I DIED LAUGHING at some parts - the Simon Cowell and pancake mann-boobs - LOL!!!!! Craig David doing customer service ????? LOLOLLOLLLL!!!!!!!!!

URI GELLAR!!! LOLOLOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

But all in all - good show.

LOL @ Simon Cowell. "I POTENTIALLY invented the moonwalk!"

O so some positive comments here then. I completely ignored it as thought it might be offensive. My sensitivity has reached peak since 25/06 but guess I coulda watched it.

Last edited:
on twitter it seems he is eager to let people know hes a fan, i think he gets upset when people say he was disrespecting mike

I think the first half was great but then it got stupid. Everything up to Bad was hilarious. Didn't really find anything after that very funny. I think he lost me when he changed his MJ mask. The mask he wears for the first half of the show is the one he used for all the previous Bo Selecta skits and it's the one people love. He changed the voice too which is stupid for the same reason. Everyone loves the "chamone motherfucker" voice he uses for MJ in all the previous skits. He should've stuck with it for the whole show. But the show was good. I mean... "cola cubees is in the background".... that's just genius! And when he let rip on the lighty square guy. Hilarious! I liked the very end too. Kinda touching in a way. You can tell the guy who made it loves Michael and doesn't mean any harm. The funniest skit he did is still the MTV cribs one. Check it out on YouTube if you can. It's hilarious.

Ive been a fan of Bo Selecta for years and the "chamone mofo" is used and shouted alot in this house lol.

I was expecting this one to offend me, but it didnt at all (accept the dasd beat me part), Avid did a good job and certainly knows his MJ facts and history - my other half didnt understand the "Burgandy, Blue" but when I explained the Liz Taylor painting, he understood.

I think thats what the other poster meant by only true fans would understand this

Very cleverly done! I will also miss Avid's character of MJ for futire Bo Selecta, it was sad when he took off the mask.

Anyway, chamone mofo! :)

It's the way I saw it anyways.Having David Guest say that was genius.Don't get me wrong,I found parts of it drawn out towards the end but I thought on the whole it was very laugh-out-loud-ish.
I also think theres an element to it that wont travel well.I think it will be lost in translation on a lot of people.It's very British in that sense.

I found Joe's hand hitting him very in your face also but it set the tone for what was to follow.
Again I liked the fact that he addressed it.

Yeh I suppose ur right, I just hope people saw the pie thing like that!

Can you explain this? What painting?

Mike is painting Liz Taylor and he's painting with the colour burgandy and the colour blue. When he's paintng he's saying.. 'burgandy burgandy...blue-blue blue-blue' in the tune of billie jean and saying thats how he came up with billie jean.. kinda hard to expain in a forum with out actually saying it. Its basically saying mj so effortlessly created massive hits.

oh!found the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tpHq8jMyhw

the lighty square thing is funny too!

Last edited:
Back