Choice

Severus Snape

Proud Member
I thought this would be an interesting question to ask. If you could kill your emotions, would you? Would you give up all the hypothetical pleasure in order to never undergo the pain and sorrow that life so enjoys to rain down upon us? Or would you choose to suffer these in hopes of obtaining the sweeter aspects of the chemical reactions we are indeed capable of? Love, Joy, Happiness, Excitement, Hope, and Anger, Sorrow, Disappointment, Despair? Which would you choose: A life with all of the above, or a life without any of them?

I choose the latter. Your turn.

life with them all. How could you live with no emotions. I'd say it'd be boring but you couldn't feel bored :/

I wouldn't give up the good thing to not have go through the bad things. Life is a rollercoaster and I'm alright with that :)

Good point--except when your life's full of the bad things, the good things seem like mean tricks. So I'd rather go without.

mikagesouji, as always, you pose interesting questions ;)

As much pain and suffering I would have to go through, my choice would be to not give up on my emotions. That would mean killing myself as a human being. It's good to have both excitement and anger, both joy and sorrow, dispair makes one look for solutions...

I would rather go without. Mainly because ever since what had happen on June 25th 2009 the happiness, joy, the excitement, and hope that I once had is forever gone from me. I have yet to feel those feelings again. Especially joy and happiness. All I ever feel anymore is misery, anger, bitterness, sadness, despair, and depression. And I am just so sick and tired of always feeling those feelings. But what choice do I have now when some murdering monster decided to forever take away the only thing that always gave me such great joy and happiness.

I would rather go without. Mainly because ever since what had happen on June 25th 2009 the happiness, joy, the excitement, and hope that I once had is forever gone from me. I have yet to feel those feelings again. Especially joy and happiness. All I ever feel anymore is misery, anger, bitterness, sadness, despair, and depression. And I am just so sick and tired of always feeling those feelings. But what choice do I have now when some murdering monster decided to forever take away the only thing that always gave me such great joy and happiness.

:hug: :(

If you do not feel any emotions/feelings good or bad, you really do not live and does not matures for life. No is a real life, complete. In all things good and bad, you always learn a lesson, you always becomes even stronger and more mature to move on and live new emotions/feelings. So, I choose life complete with all the emotions/feelings good and bad... leaving the comfort zone and into the cocoon.... to live life as it should be lived.

I choose to feel all of them, the good ones compensate the not so good... but I think you have to experience all... we are survivors...

I have actually thought about this a lot - obviously not when Im happy, but in times of deep despair. Escpecially when these are extensive periods, I have wished I could find the 'off' button on my emotional self, so that I could just 'get on with things' the way this world demands. But then, without any emotions, you just couldnt experience 'human life', our sentience is what makes our experience so unique. But yes, have definatley felt the pain and burden of TOO much emotinal energy. I think the answer, for me at least, is to learn how to 'deal' with emotions and use therir power and insight rather than create an unstable wreck or person! :D

Well as much as emotional pain hurts at the time, I wouldn't turn it all off because sometimes we have to go through pain to really appreciate joy and happiness.

Back