Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Amen sister!!!

That man better give it up. I heard a lot of people gave him money, etc., to follow him, etc. Disgusting!!!

People need to follow one man, and one man only, Christ himself!

What was so sad was just how many were believing this guy and just how easy it is to fools the masses nowadays.. It's never been quite like that. ...

See, that's why they need to follow Christ only, Alma! Not a false profit like that man.

See, that's why they need to follow Christ only, Alma! Not a false profit like that man.

Yeah... Why is it always so easy believing a random someone (who also happens to be the member of a religious cult) before Him?... I realize the Bible's word doesn't mean much, if at all to some, but goodness, that person was pointing out even the exact hour when the world is going to end!... I was mad furious when I saw him talk, realizing he is old and gray and could've fallen into that much more appropriate category of wise people with good advice and genuine life lessons to teach to others... It is precisely because of unfortunate people like that, that God will slowly but surely have enough of this world, and equally precisely because of people like us, though sinners in our own human ways, but believers in the end, that He is postponing his ultimate wrath. He is holding on for that and more should understand and learn and feel that He, Lord Christ Jesus is also the ultimate victim and sufferer in all this and that He is not up there sitting and jotting down who did what bad, thus eager to sanction them. He is taking notice of anything and suffering anything for us, and even an ounce of 'offness' on behalf of us, whether a bad word to someone or an ugly thought is hurting him and is another hook plunged into his hand, that the primordial tortures are actually recreated with each of our deeds. He is the most empathetic and loving of us all, more than we could ever hope to be. ....

“1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6. For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8. But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9. Furthermore, we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10. For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.

11. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless, afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13. And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15. Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

16. Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

17. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

18. For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19. And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20. (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21. And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake.

22. But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23. To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24. And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25. See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26. Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, ‘Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven’.

27. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28. Wherefore, we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.”

[Hebrews - Chapter 12]

“1. Let brotherly love continue.

2. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

3. Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

4. Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

5. Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”

6. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

7. Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

8. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

9. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

10. We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

11. For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

12. Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered without the gate.

13. Let us go forth therefore unto Him without the camp, bearing His reproach.

14. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

15. By Him, therefore, let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name.

16. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

17. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
18. Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

19. But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.

20. Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21. Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

22. And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation: for I have written a letter unto you in few words.

23. Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.

24. Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.

25. Grace be with you all. Amen.”

[Hebrews - Chapter 13]

Thank you for that, Alma.

Hello believers!

Hi to you too, Earth...

Some more... poignant wise words for today...

“1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

4. For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6. And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7. And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8. (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds);

9. The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10. But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

12. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

13. And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

14. Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

15. Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam, the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

16. But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbade the madness of the prophet.

17. These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

18. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, ‘The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.’ “

[II Peter; Chapter 2]

Amen!

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

Oh yes. I am definitely a believer in Jesus as my Lord, my savior, my guidance and my comforter. Without HIM, I am nothing.

John 14
New American Standard Bible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Comforts His Disciples

1“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2“In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3“If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4“And you know the way where I am going.” 5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Please pray for me, ya'll. I am going to a viewing for a friend tomorrow. I am so sad that she has passed on, but I know she is with our Lord. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that Earth. She is resting peacefully now. thoughts are with you hun.

Thank you, Chrissy!!!!!!!

What was so sad was just how many were believing this guy and just how easy it is to fools the masses nowadays.. It's never been quite like that. ...

Its the media that makes it easier for ppl like harold camping to fool the public and make them belive in false rumors bout the bible & god.

Please pray for me, ya'll. I am going to a viewing for a friend tomorrow. I am so sad that she has passed on, but I know she is with our Lord. Thanks.

:( I'm so sorry to read about that... I don't know the situation, but it's shocking. Will pray for you and, of course, for your friend's soul... :( May she rest in peace....

Jesus you are my strength, my hope and my salvation. You are the air I breathe and the reason I live. Thank you for the creation of the world and for giving us everything we need to sustain us until you come.

Morning Prayer by the Elders of Optyna ...

“Grant unto me, O Lord, that with peace of mind I may face all that this new day is to bring.

Grant unto me to dedicate myself completely to Thy Holy Will.

For every hour of this day, instruct and support me in all things.

Whatsoever tidings I may receive during the day, do Thou teach me to accept tranquilly, in the firm conviction that all eventualities fulfill Thy Holy Will.

Govern Thou my thoughts and feelings in all I do and say.

When things unforeseen occur , let me not forget that all cometh down from Thee.

Teach me to behave sincerely and rationally toward every member of my family, that I may bring confusion and sorrow to none.

Bestow upon me, my Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the day, and to bear my part in all its passing events.

Guide Thou my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to suffer, to forgive, and to love.

Amen”

To read about the vey interesting life and tragic death of these holy martyrs of Optyna, visit: http://www.pravmir.com/article_127.html

Thanks, Alma. She lived to be a ripe old age. She was 86. Her health has been failing for a few years. The Lord called her home. She will be missed.

Thanks, Alma. She lived to be a ripe old age. She was 86. Her health has been failing for a few years. The Lord called her home. She will be missed.

^^ Then, I guess the morning prayer of the Elders I've posted was quite suitable, too. ...

Again.. may she rest in peace. ...

^^ Then, I guess the morning prayer of the Elders I've posted was quite suitable, too. ...

Again.. may she rest in peace. ...

Thanks, sister!

Hey guys, I just want a mature Christian perspective on this. It's about my younger sister. She currently goes to school in England but she's now visiting me and my family here in NY.

Last year for Mother's Day, me and my fam went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and while we were eating. My mom was talking about grankids and how she really would like some but my sister was saying no. She was saying how she hates kids and doesn't care for them or be near them. She also said she's a celibate (which I totally understand though she talks about what kind of boys she wants to marry which doesn't make any sense lol).

The prob is she isn't truly saved. She reads the Word everyday (like its required tho), does listen to the message at church and knows the doctrine but she doesn't apply it to her life at all.

Another thing to add to the celibate thing is that she doesn't believe in marriage at all. She thinks whole marriage thing is disgusting. She has the wrong views on celibacy. She's not being celibate b/c she wants to focus on God alone. It's b/c she doesn't believe in marriage.

It's weird tho that she grew up wanting to be married and she loved kids dearly but now she hates it all. I think since moving from Brooklyn, NY to Long Island, NY changed her so much. She's not the same person I grew up with. She's like a follower. She based on her opinions on what her High School schoolmates say! She can be quite immature, too.

I don't like how at church events she puts on a act as a sweet girl but home she's the total opposite. She's actually pretty dark person, too. She calls herself an outsider. The Alexandra I know is not this different person.

I just don't know how to deal with her. My younger cousin who's 19/20 always say that me, my sister, and brother lack some common sense and he was right all about that. He did warn me about my sister but I didn't listen and now I couldn't stand living with her. Based on her FB page, she still is the same person that left the country. EVERY FB status she has is always the F-bomb and is very annoying.

She also lost her innocence of youth and doesn't love kids shows (like Disney) like she used, too. She's thinks she outgrown them and because she's 18 and she's too old for this.

I get along better with the girls from my church that is my sister's age MUCH better than my own sister. I can actually be around them 24/7 w/o freaking out at all.

What to do?

^ She's just going through a phase. The best thing to do is NOT force Religion on her at the moment, let her find her own path. She's probably feeling stifled by it around her constantly anyway, a lot of teenagers go through that phase of trying to figure out exactly what they believe in. People are allowed to have their own views on marriage, if you don't agree with what your sister thinks then that's okay. Everybody is different. Just be careful and watch for any signs if things are taking a darker turn with her; if she starts staying in her room all the time or generally appears moody, maybe just try to approach her as gently as possible and ask her what's up. It could turn into depression very easily - I know because I've been there before - and what she needs is just support.

Hey guys, I just want a mature Christian perspective on this. It's about my younger sister. She currently goes to school in England but she's now visiting me and my family here in NY.

Last year for Mother's Day, me and my fam went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and while we were eating. My mom was talking about grankids and how she really would like some but my sister was saying no. She was saying how she hates kids and doesn't care for them or be near them. She also said she's a celibate (which I totally understand though she talks about what kind of boys she wants to marry which doesn't make any sense lol).

The prob is she isn't truly saved. She reads the Word everyday (like its required tho), does listen to the message at church and knows the doctrine but she doesn't apply it to her life at all.

Another thing to add to the celibate thing is that she doesn't believe in marriage at all. She thinks whole marriage thing is disgusting. She has the wrong views on celibacy. She's not being celibate b/c she wants to focus on God alone. It's b/c she doesn't believe in marriage.

It's weird tho that she grew up wanting to be married and she loved kids dearly but now she hates it all. I think since moving from Brooklyn, NY to Long Island, NY changed her so much. She's not the same person I grew up with. She's like a follower. She based on her opinions on what her High School schoolmates say! She can be quite immature, too.

I don't like how at church events she puts on a act as a sweet girl but home she's the total opposite. She's actually pretty dark person, too. She calls herself an outsider. The Alexandra I know is not this different person.

I just don't know how to deal with her. My younger cousin who's 19/20 always say that me, my sister, and brother lack some common sense and he was right all about that. He did warn me about my sister but I didn't listen and now I couldn't stand living with her. Based on her FB page, she still is the same person that left the country. EVERY FB status she has is always the F-bomb and is very annoying.

She also lost her innocence of youth and doesn't love kids shows (like Disney) like she used, too. She's thinks she outgrown them and because she's 18 and she's too old for this.

I get along better with the girls from my church that is my sister's age MUCH better than my own sister. I can actually be around them 24/7 w/o freaking out at all.

What to do?

I'm 26, and still have got pestering existential moods and phases... Because, like Kindofdisco said in her post, your sister is going through one right now. It's very common around that age also to be confused. I've been there myself, meaning in two minds about marriage, celibacy and starting a family. And at times I still am. She needs time and to not be pestered at the moment, given that she's at a critical stage in her life, on a cusp between adolescence and young adulthood. Don't worry about it just yet and don't take it personally. .. She needs gentle approaches in anything right now, it seems, like Kindofdisco said. It's a sensitivity where forcing one's way or thoughts or the others might prove very detrimental to her. Give her some time and try to tell her that you understand. She needs empathy and caution. ..

hope everyone is having a blessed day

Back