CHUCK BERRY- The True King Of Rock 'n' Roll

Great thread, I completely agree. I have a few great pictures of Michael with Chuck Berry. Theres one where hes kissing LaToya, I mean REALLY kissing her...and Michael looks rather uncomfortable LOL.

Rock and roll been dead since the 60's. Ain't nobody playing no more. Elvis been dead since the 70's. Course his career been over long before that, I have his best of. Can't tell when I've played it. The voice is too heavy on m,y ears. Music is terribly outdated. Oh, well. Life goes on. Shame rock and roll died.

Point being? lol
Like i said no one cares.

elvis sucks he was an overweight racist drug addict...chuck is the king...

Do some research before you call someone names.
Ill bet you've never heard a Chuck Berry song in ur entire probably 13 years of life.

Alright people lets go this way....who should get the title of 'king of pop'?
Besides Michael Jackson? Betcha cant answer that one can u? :)

The discussion ain't about Michael. But, since you asked, Michael's the most popular artist in history, so, no one, since "pop" music simply implies music that sells a lot. That title isn't even good enough for Michael.

The discussion ain't about Michael. But, since you asked, Michael's the most popular artist in history, so, no one, since "pop" music simply implies music that sells a lot. That title isn't even good enough for Michael.

Whether u think its good enough is irrevelant.
Its what hes referred to as.
So now my second question...do you think that titles should be given to others just based upon a handful of jealous people that dosent like the artist?

No. I don't. But that's got nothing to do with why I don't think Elvis deserves the title, so your point is moot. I've got nothing against Elvis personally, and I think he was a very good singer, but I don't think he did as much for the genre of rock n roll as people like Chuck Berry.

Last edited:
No. I don't. But that's got nothing to do with why I don't think Elvis deserves the title, so your point is moot.

I didnt ask why u thought he deserved the title. I dont care if you think he does or dosent - thats also irrevelant.
The fact of the matter is that people earn what they get called - MJ earned what hes to be known as and so did Elvis Presley.
Anyone that tries to take that away from either of them are just jealous of that...plain and simple.

Well I don't think he earned it, so I don't think he deserves it, which is what I thought we we're talking about, lol. You asked whether I thought other people deserved Michael's title just because some people don't like him and are jealous, and I said no, but that's not why I would give a title to anyone, I would give it to them because of their impact in the genre or based on how well they fit, artistically, the description of the title. Rock 'n' Roll was pioneered by others more so then Elivs and I think, therefor, they've had a more indelable mark on the genre and the title would suit those particular people better.

Maybe you could call him the King of Poprock, since he's sold the most in that particular genre, lol.

Last edited:
Well I don't think he earned it, so I don't think he deserves it, which is what I thought we we're talking about, lol. You asked whether I thought other people deserved Michael's title just because some people don't like him and are jealous, and I said no, but that's not why I would give a title to anyone, I would give it to them because of their impact in the genre or based on how well they fit, artistically, the description of the title. Rock 'n' Roll was pioneered by others more so then Elivs and I think, therefor, they've had a more indelable mark on the genre and the title would suit those particular people better.

No - i asked who people thought should get the title besides him. U took it as me asking who deserves it.
Well to be honest im sure you didnt live back when Elvis was around so u arent a good one to judge who should get that honor. lol
The people that were around when he was knew of his talent, hard work and dedication and gave him the title.
Elvis deserved much more than that actually - and since his death he has gotten it.
Graceland is now a National Landmark :wub:

I can't believe people are still disputing if Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll or not. He was the most popular and highest selling rock and roll artist. His songs are the most remembered from the rock and roll era. He was the embodiment of rock and roll. When you think of rock and roll you think of Elvis. How can anyone else be the King of Rock and Roll?

No - i asked who people thought should get the title besides him.

No... you asked whether I thought anyone else should be given the title just because other's don't like him.

Your quote:

So now my second question...do you think that titles should be given to others just based upon a handful of jealous people that dosent like the artist?

I don't need to be around when an artist is at their peak to assess their artistic prowess. I think Elvis was talented, but I don't think he had the biggest impact on rock 'n' roll music from an artistic standpoint. If you want to talk about Elvis deserving the title based on popularity, then yeah, he deserves it, and the Beatles deserve the title "Kings of Rock 'N' Roll", but I'm basing it on actual advanement in the genre.

Bob, I thought you didn't care about sales determining an artists claim to a title?

Last edited:
I can't believe people are still disputing if Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll or not. He was the most popular and highest selling rock and roll artist. His songs are the most remembered from the rock and roll era. He was the embodiment of rock and roll. When you think of rock and roll you think of Elvis. How can anyone else be the King of Rock and Roll?

The funny thing is that no one has doubted the fact that Elvis was the King Of Rock and Roll but some Michael fans on message boards.
That will be the only ones it will ever come from. lol

I don't need to be around when an artist is at their peak to assess their artistic prowess. I think Elvis was talented, but I don't think he had the biggest impact on rock 'n' roll music from an artistic standpoint. If you want to talk about Elvis deserving the title based on popularity, then yeah, he deserves it, and the Beatles deserve the title "Kings of Rock 'N' Roll", but I'm basing it on actual advanement in the genre.

Ill say it again. lol
What u think is irrevelant. Hes the King Of Rock and Roll - end of.
Like it or not.
And yes Elvis did have a HUGE impact on Rock and Roll because he started it all. Like Lennon said 'before Elvis there was nothing.'
He took music to a level it never was before and never will be again.
Simple.

If you don't care what I think and if you think it's irrelivent, then why do you keep replying to me? lol.

Elvis had an impact, but he didn't create the genre, he didn't give a new sound to the genre, because he didn't even write music, so I don't think he had the biggest impact, artistically, on it.

Last edited:
Chuck Berry didn't create rock and roll either. Did you read my earlier post? Wynonie Harris, look him up. If the criteria for being "King of R&R" is creating the genre, than the title should go to him. But as I've also said before, these titles are pointless and are only a promotional tool used by record companies. They aren't official titles. So what's the big deal?

If you don't care what I think and if you think it's irrelivent, then why do you keep replying to me? lol.

Elvis had an impact, but he didn't create the genre, he didn't give a new sound to the genre, because he didn't even write music, so I don't think he had the biggest impact, artistically, on it.

Well cause u keep quoting me. lol
U are the one who started this conversation.

Like i said AGAIN its irrelevant what u think. U keep stating ur opinions like they are gonna suddenly make this huge difference in history. lol
Elvis Presley is HUGE and always will be. The fact that u arent a fan dosent change that fact.
There are people that arent even born yet that will become HUGE fans and go to Graceland and Tupelo Mississippi.
I dont see any other artist that has that kind of impact on people.

Could that be because the racist entertainment and media buried all the other popular acts during that time and choose to highlight Elvis's instead. There were many people who were just as famous as Elvis. Little Rikchard was huge, so was fats d many others of the time. Elvis was the media's darling and they buried the others and createdhim. Elvis is media created.

Could that be because the racist entertainment and media buried all the other popular acts during that time and choose to highlight Elvis's instead. There were many people who were just as famous as Elvis. Little Rikchard was huge, so was fats d many others of the time. Elvis was the media's darling and they buried the others and createdhim. Elvis is media created.

What is is with u and everyone being racist? :mello:
Just cause u dont like Elvis dosent mean anyone was racist. He was a TRUE genius and a TRUE talent in every sense of the word. I guess the ones who call MJ 'the king of pop' are racist too then?
Ugh. Just think about what ur saying.

What is is with u and everyone being racist? :mello:
Just cause u dont like Elvis dosent mean anyone was racist. He was a TRUE genius and a TRUE talent in every sense of the word. I guess the ones who call MJ 'the king of pop' are racist too then?
Ugh. Just think about what ur saying.
The thing with you. SM, You never have an open mind. Do you remember the video I asked you to watch? You kicked up a fuss about it and callled it all the name under the sun and complained about me harassing you. Well guess what! YOU DID WATCH IT, You watched it and liked it and begged to see more. You even defended it and claimd that is what your religion teaches. I laughed, because it shows the person you are. Now you claim that I hate Elvis. Well Here is news for you. Elvis was the first actual popstar I liked. I grew up on his music. I have numerous religious albums cause I grew up in church where we played his sacred songs. So don't you come telling me who I love and don't love. I don't have to close my eyes to the truth till it blinds me. I am intelligent. I became an MJ fan in 2003. I knew Elvis was no king well before that. Only in the western world is he regarded as king. He is dead now though so the title died with him.

The thing with you. SM, You never have an open mind. Do you remember the video I asked you to watch? You kicked up a fuss about it and callled it all the name under the sun and complained about me harassing you. Well guess what! YOU DID WATCH IT, You watched it and liked it and begged to see more. You even defended it and claimd that is what your religion teaches. I laughed, because it shows the person you are. Now you claim that I hate Elvis. Well Here is news for you. Elvis was the first actual popstar I liked. I grew up on his music. I have numerous religious albums cause I grew up in church where we played his sacred songs. So don't you come telling me who I love and don't love. I don't have to close my eyes to the truth till it blinds me. I am intelligent. I became an MJ fan in 2003. I knew Elvis was no king well before that. Only in the western world is he regarded as king. He is dead now though so the title died with him.

First of all i have NO idea what ur talking about. lol I never once begged to see more of anything u posted and if i did then i forgot. lol Show me where i did that. lol
U need to calm down. lol Trust me when i say i dont care what u think about this or anything else. I dont even know u and u dont know me. This is the INTERNET. :lol:
But since u think its real life ill let u know how it works in the REAL WORLD. Elvis Presley is the King Of Rock and Roll. Always has been and always will be. Maybe in ur internet world of MJ sites and whatever other sites u go on you will get a few people that agree with u but it means NOTHING. Get it?

First of all i have NO idea what ur talking about. lol I never once begged to see more of anything u posted and if i did then i forgot. lol Show me where i did that. lol
U need to calm down. lol Trust me when i say i dont care what u think about this or anything else. I dont even know u and u dont know me. This is the INTERNET. :lol:
But since u think its real life ill let u know how it works in the REAL WORLD. Elvis Presley is the King Of Rock and Roll. Always has been and always will be. Maybe in ur internet world of MJ sites and whatever other sites u go on you will get a few people that agree with u but it means NOTHING. Get it?
Rock and Roll is dead and gone So is Elvis.Nobody cares about Elvis no more. No body plays Elvis at their parties. No body plays roch ka nd roll, unless you were having a themed party. Dead and gone, both of them.
That video tyou watched about the coming of the NWO was the one Bob and I asled you to watch in the religious thread and you kicked up a stink and said you would never watched it.

Last edited:
Rock and Roll is dead and gone So is Elvis.Nobody cares about Elvis no more. No body plays Elvis at there parties. No body plays roch ka nd roll, unless you were having a themed party. Dead and gone, both of them.

:toofunny: Yeah...:rolleyes:
Im still waiting to see where i 'begged' to see more of whatever video u were talking about. lol

Rock and Roll is dead and gone So is Elvis.Nobody cares about Elvis no more. No body plays Elvis at their parties. No body plays roch ka nd roll, unless you were having a themed party. Dead and gone, both of them.
That video tyou watched about the coming of the NWO was the one Bob and I asled you to watch in the religious thread and you kicked up a stink and said you would never watched it.

I never begged u to show me more. Get ur story straight. lol
This is almost getting scary...its so weird how much attention u pay to things i do. Maybe u should stop? lol

Last edited:
Well cause u keep quoting me. lol
U are the one who started this conversation.

Like i said AGAIN its irrelevant what u think. U keep stating ur opinions like they are gonna suddenly make this huge difference in history. lol
Elvis Presley is HUGE and always will be. The fact that u arent a fan dosent change that fact.
There are people that arent even born yet that will become HUGE fans and go to Graceland and Tupelo Mississippi.
I dont see any other artist that has that kind of impact on people.

Then you ain't lookin' very closely, lol.

I didn't start the conversation. You said, "Who would you give Michael's title too then", and I answered, and we got in to a discussion from there.

I'm just stating my opinion, and your countering it and I'm answering. I know I'm not going to change your mind, I'm just expressing what I think. If it doesn't matter, then you shouldn't care.

And Bob, I didn't say Elvis had to create the genre, I was just stating that because suspicious-mind said he started it all, which he didn't. I'm saying, he didn't have a hand in even developing that musical genre, because he didn't compose. He just sang within the genre and capatalized off of it because he had a good voice. But he didn't help pioneer the actual music form or have a hand in it's evolution.

I never begged u to show me more. Get ur story straight. lol
This is almost getting scary...its so weird how much attention u pay to things i do. Maybe u should stop? lol

^^^They are right about the media not telling everyone everything. Obviously i know a little about that seeing as i have a relative that works with certain things, and btw he has a daughter that is now going to work for the NSA.
Where did u find that movie to watch on the internet?
Which part is it?
I cant find it on you tube....can u give me a link to the one ur watching?
Oh thanks! Sorry i read ur edit late...lol

Do you remember this^_^

Do you remember this^_^

:toofunny:
Are u seriously talking about that part? lmao!
I was talking about the movie i wanted HIM to see. lmao.
Left Behind. Why dont u read the thread again and look closer. lmao.
I was saying that to make sure he was actually watching it - then he posted a link to the one he was watching. lol

Last edited:
:toofunny:
Are u seriously talking about that part? lmao!
I was talking about the movie i wanted HIM to see. lmao.
Left Behind. Why dont u read the thread again and look closer. lmao.
I was saying that to make sure he was actually watching it - then he posted a link to the one he was watching. lol
Stop that. You enjoyed the vodeo and claimed iot to be right because it was what your charch teaches. Try ahd be honest with yourself for one moment. Gees.:mello:

Stop that. You enjoyed the vodeo and claimed iot to be right because it was what your charch teaches. Try ahd be honest with yourself for one moment. Gees.:mello:

Ugh u just made a comment about ME showing what kind of person i am when u TOTALLY got it wrong and u KNOW it. Lmao!
Ur too funny :toofunny:
Dont u understand anything? Bob understood it why dont u? lol

Ugh u just made a comment about ME showing what kind of person i am when u TOTALLY got it wrong and u KNOW it. Lmao!
Ur too funny :toofunny:
Dont u understand anything? Bob understood it why dont u? lol
I understand that you send out a very confused image of yourself. But this is the internet so people can be as confused as they like behind the screens, It may not be so inreal life, but then again, it may well be as it seems.;)

I understand that you send out a very confused image of yourself. But this is the internet so people can be as confused as they like behind the screens, It may not be so inreal life, but then again, it may well be as it seems.;)

Okay u are making NO sense at all.
Im not sending out any message. lmao.
Just stop okay? This is getting odd. lol
I mean i know im interesting but ur going a little too far. lol

Last edited:
I am going to clean some posts in this thread. A remind personal attacks will not be tolerated. Also this thread is about Chuck Berry and those who like him so if you are not a Chuck Berry fan or don't have anything good to contribute on this artist please stay out of it. If anyone wants to discuss 'Rock and Roll' in general or who deserves the title then open a separate thread. :smile:

Back