"Comeback King" Jet's Mag's wk's best photo

Moddie777

Proud Member
In the recent Jet Magazine( March 23-30th issue) with singer Jennifer Hudson on cover, there's a cover mention of Michael on the right hand side, it reads: Michael Jackson to Perform Again.

At the start of their week's best photo's on page 30 of this issue is a pic of Michael at the London Conference with his fist in Air! . The background of Red color make the pic even more amazing. I know we have all seen the pictures thanks to mjjpictures.com

Underneath the photo reads: Comeback King:
Michael Jackson announces
at a news conference in Lon-
don, England, that he will
play 10 live concerts at the
London 02 arena in July. The King
of Pop says that these will be his
final performances in the city.
See story on page 37.

Michael is given half the page on page 37. It's nothing that we don't already know.

Looking forward to more positive coverage from Johnson & Johnson publications on Michael's residency at the 02, I am sure they will follow this.

In the recent Jet Magazine( March 23-30th issue) with singer Jennifer Hudson on cover, there's a cover mention of Michael on the right hand side, it reads: Michael Jackson to Perform Again...

Thanx for sharing :)

Oh, yeah, they'll follow it. They always do. He has a very long relationship with the Johnson family.

Thanx for the heads-up Moddie.

I know JET magazine is one of the magazines where Mike and his brothers have featured for a long time. One of the magazines whose main subscribers are black people. We can see he got love for the mag cuz he did the interview in 2007 nowhere else.

One question (a bit off topic): I know there's Ebony magazine, but what's the relationship between JET and Ebony? I saw it was written "JET/Ebony Magazine" somewhere.

Cant find the pictures on mjjpictures.com :S
Cause the writing is in white and the background is also in white...
Can somone plz post the pic here ?

Thanx for the heads-up Moddie.

I know JET magazine is one of the magazines where Mike and his brothers have featured for a long time. One of the magazines whose main subscribers are black people. We can see he got love for the mag cuz he did the interview in 2007 nowhere else.

One question (a bit off topic): I know there's Ebony magazine, but what's the relationship between JET and Ebony? I saw it was written "JET/Ebony Magazine" somewhere.

Both Jet and Ebony are owned by The Johnson Family. The magazine's are a Johnson Publication.

Helena22 Thanks a bunch for the link!!!

AGB, Hess, Justinsgirl and anyone elese i may have forgotten- You guys are wlecome. Glad to be able to provide a lil news.

Ya' know what's really great about the article? Michael is NOT referred to as the "Embattled" pop star, or the "Former" King of Pop. Ebony gives him the respect his long outstanding career deserves!

And to top it all off, they call him the "Comeback King". They could not have picked a better pose for the weeks best pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Ebony!

:mello:I am not shore what to think about this article>
http://www.ebonyjet.com/culture/music/index.aspx?id=11956

I don't see what the big deal is and I'm speaking as a parent.

If the writer, Eric Easter, is having a problem, maybe he should speak to Kobe Bryant. Kobe has said on many occassions how his daughter's love MJ's music and videos. Maybe Eric can get some parent-to-parent incite from Kobe, although I think he is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

The writer clearly is a idiot, calling MJ a alien, etc..at the end of the article...pretty much destroys all credibility if you ask me.

This wasn't the magazine that had that huge photoshoot with him, right? The name ebony rings a bell to me...but surely it can't be this one, right?

What a stupid jackass! He is regurgitating(sp)and circulating ignorance!

Everyboby knows he has to deal with vitiligo. MJ's color change is not about not loving himself. It's something he couldn't stop. All that that closet hater has to do is tell his unfortunate kids the truth and they'll be like "oh" and be done with it. I'm sure they would enjoy his newer stuff if the idiot dad would stop tainting their opinions.

The writer clearly is a idiot, calling MJ a alien, etc..at the end of the article...pretty much destroys all credibility if you ask me.

This wasn't the magazine that had that huge photoshoot with him, right? The name ebony rings a bell to me...but surely it can't be this one, right?

The photoshoot from 2007 was done with Ebony Magazine. Owned by Johnson Publication, just like Jet Magazine.

What a stupid jackass! He is regurgitating(sp)and circulating ignorance!

Everyboby knows he has to deal with vitiligo. MJ's color change is not about not loving himself. It's something he couldn't stop. All that that closet hater has to do is tell his unfortunate kids the truth and they'll be like "oh" and be done with it. I'm sure they would enjoy his newer stuff if the idiot dad would stop tainting their opinions.

i agree lol. it was a great article nonetheless tho

I really don't know what to make of that article either. I suppose those of us who have grown up with MJ and known his name much longer might take our knowledge about him for granted - especially as fans, because we're not ignorant about the situation, or so I thought. I forget sometimes that there are people who are just fans of his music and don't give any thought or care to him as a person... and that very young people might have questions. So that being said, I guess I can see why this guy would have concerns.

But I don't see how it's a big deal either. A lot of kids accept things at face value and leave it at that. I mean, when I was young I didn't learn about MJ from any one source but from different places over time and it was just something I inherently knew to not question. But I don't blame the author's kids. It just seems like the author himself was being overly cautious.

I don't see what the big deal is and I'm speaking as a parent.

If the writer, Eric Easter, is having a problem, maybe he should speak to Kobe Bryant. Kobe has said on many occassions how his daughter's love MJ's music and videos. Maybe Eric can get some parent-to-parent incite from Kobe, although I think he is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Agreed. I remember when that (douchebag) Ryan Seacrest was interviewing Bryant and was like "How do you explain MJ to kids?" :wtf: Seriously? What is there to explain? If anything really needs to be said, I guess it's the parent's choice to do so. But it seemed to me that Kobe didn't have any problems and I would hope that most people take their cues from that.

Edit: I gotta say, I'm a little surprised to see an article like that at EbonyJet. I thought they were like the one publication source left that was cool with Mike.

Last edited:
Seerees said:
Edit: I gotta say, I'm a little surprised to see an article like that at EbonyJet. I thought they were like the one publication source left that was cool with Mike.
I'm a lil surprised too. I still think the magazine OVERALL seems to be one of the most supportive of MJ and the family, tho.

This writer sounds so stupid. He should've straight up told his kids "He has this skin disease called vitiliago." Why the "self-identitiy and self-pride" has to be brought up when MJ didn't have control over his skin color? He should stop trippin and teach the kids the facts if he's that concerned about his kids.

Despite the negative tone of the article, I enjoyed reading some of the positive comments from the readers.

Why the "self-identitiy and self-pride" has to be brought up when MJ didn't have control over his skin color? He should stop trippin and teach the kids the facts if he's that concerned about his kids.

Despite the negative tone of the article, I enjoyed reading some of the positive comments from the readers.

Yeah, unfortunately that's something that a lot of people choose not to believe and just ignore. Even fans, such as the author here who I deem as a fan of MJ's music and no more. Otherwise, how could he not know about the vitiligo and talk about it straight up?

Aww, some of those comments are really nice. I really liked the ones from people who have been to MJ's concerts before. I can just bet that when more coverage comes out as the concerts near, there'll be even more positive comments :).

anyone bought the Jet magazine? would be nice if he would scan the pages dedicated to MJ :)

anyone bought the Jet magazine? would be nice if he would scan the pages dedicated to MJ :)

Yeah! Somebody please post that awesome pic of our Comeback King!!!!!!! That Red in the Background really bring out that pic! Again it's the perfect pose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back