Conrad Murray arraignment January 25th

God, another hellish day for us all. :( *big sigh*
dont worry.the hearing will last all of 2 minutes. its really nothing today.

who knows when the trial will start everything is speculation until the judge speaks.and it depends on what motions get brought up b4 hand

I just found this article from the AP :
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's doctor is ready to go to trial on a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the superstar's death, his lawyers say.
Dr. Conrad Murray was expected at a Tuesday arraignment, where his lawyers say he will plead not guilty. They said he will not seek a plea bargain and that they had no qualms about going to trial in spite of strong prosecution evidence at a preliminary hearing aiming to prove that the doctor's gross negligence killed Jackson.
"We're going to go to trial," said defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan. "I think our case is really solid. We were very pleased with the way the evidence went at the preliminary hearing... This should result in an acquittal."
Others outside the case were not as confident of Murray's chances.
"If I were advising him, I would be talking to the district attorney to see what they would be willing to accept," said criminal defense attorney Steve Cron. He said that an offer of probation with community service and temporary suspension of Murray's medical license would be worth considering if it were proposed.
"I think there's a good chance he's going to go down on this," said Cron. "If they go to trial, they've got a lot of explaining to do."
Attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr., who represented Jackson in his child molestation trial six years ago, said of Murray: "I can't be objective in this case. While I respect that defense lawyers have to do their job, I firmly believe he's guilty."
If convicted, Murray could face a maximum of four years in prison. But his defense is not just an effort to avoid prison; it's a fight for his professional life.
Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor suspended his California medical license pending the outcome of the trial. A conviction on a felony could mean that Murray could never practice medicine again.
"I think ultimately, it will not go to trial," said Dana Cole, a defense attorney not involved in Murray's case. "There's too much risk."
He said a plea of guilty or no contest could bring a better result for the doctor than a jury verdict.
"No Superior Court judge is going to want to send him to state prison for this case," said Cole who noted that Murray has no prior criminal record. and is charged with the lowest level of manslaughter. Prosecutors do not allege he wanted to kill Jackson.
Cole suggested that "creative solutions" could be craftedm including a term of house arrest to avoid the long, costly ordeal of a trial.
Prosecutors declined to comment. District attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said, "The people are ready to proceed with this case."
In the six-day preliminary hearing that led to the case going to trial, a portrait emerged of a doctor trying to help his famous client overcome debilitating insomnia with propofol, a powerful surgical anesthetic not intended for home use. Jackson had used it before and demanded it, calling it his "milk."
A coroner testified that Jackson, 50, died of a propofol overdose in combination with other drugs on June 25, 2009. His death was classified as a homicide.
Murray's behavior before and after Jackson stopped breathing was detailed by household staff and paramedics. It was backed up with phone records, e-mails and, most importantly, a transcript of Murray's nearly three-hour interview with police.
Murray said he gave Jackson a low dose of propofol after spending 10 hours trying to get him to sleep using other drugs. When the star appeared to doze off, Murray said he left the room for two minutes to go to the bathroom, then returned to find Jackson not breathing.
He delayed calling 911 for between 25 minutes and an hour while he tried to revive him, testimony showed.
"He abandoned his patient and didn't resuscitate appropriately. That's the key," said Dr. Richard Ruffalo, an anesthesiologist who testified for the prosecution.
Legal experts said several defenses are available to Murray. Among them is the suggestion by his lawyers that Jackson, desperate for sleep, self-administered the fatal dose of propofol while Murray was out of the room. That theory would mean he either injected propofol into an IV line or swallowed the drug, which is meant to be administered intravenously.
Prosecution experts are likely to challenge that scenario. They also could say Murray was negligent in leaving the drug on a night stand where Jackson could reach it.
"They've got to explain why Dr. Murray was giving him propofol in the first place, in a setting where it is not normally given," said Cron, who has been watching the case.
He said Murray's team has many questions to answer, including why he left the singer without a monitor, why he delayed calling 911, why he attempted CPR on a bed rather than the floor, and why he did not tell paramedics he had given Jackson propofol.
"All these are little bits of evidence," said Cron. "None of them alone caused his death, but all together they may have."
Although it was risky, Cron said Murray may have to testify in his own defense.
"My guess is he will have to explain some of these things and present his persona to the jury as a reasonable, competent doctor," Cron said.
I've been avoiding the forums for the last few days,only checking to see if there was any important updates,cause I was not sleeping.
I feel sick :no: The arrogance of the defense,the indifference with which some talk of things like "creative solutions",..really? We are talking about the loss of a human life and these people act as if all Murray did was avoiding to pay some taxes!
-Hugs to everyone-

"I think our case is really solid. We were very pleased with the way the evidence went at the preliminary hearing... This should result in an acquittal
do u think he said that with a straight face! how the hell these ppl can defend such an obviously gulity person is beyond me. they are no better than the killers themselves

I've got a feeling no date will be set today. Just a feeling, I am not stating anything.

Selene, thanks for posting this:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's doctor is ready to go to trial on a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the superstar's death, his lawyers say.
Dr. Conrad Murray was expected at a Tuesday arraignment, where his lawyers say he will plead not guilty. They said he will not seek a plea bargain and that they had no qualms about going to trial in spite of strong prosecution evidence at a preliminary hearing aiming to prove that the doctor's gross negligence killed Jackson.
"We're going to go to trial," said defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan. "I think our case is really solid. We were very pleased with the way the evidence went at the preliminary hearing... This should result in an acquittal."
Others outside the case were not as confident of Murray's chances.
"If I were advising him, I would be talking to the district attorney to see what they would be willing to accept," said criminal defense attorney Steve Cron. He said that an offer of probation with community service and temporary suspension of Murray's medical license would be worth considering if it were proposed.
"I think there's a good chance he's going to go down on this," said Cron. "If they go to trial, they've got a lot of explaining to do."
Attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr., who represented Jackson in his child molestation trial six years ago, said of Murray: "I can't be objective in this case. While I respect that defense lawyers have to do their job, I firmly believe he's guilty."
If convicted, Murray could face a maximum of four years in prison. But his defense is not just an effort to avoid prison; it's a fight for his professional life.
Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor suspended his California medical license pending the outcome of the trial. A conviction on a felony could mean that Murray could never practice medicine again.
"I think ultimately, it will not go to trial," said Dana Cole, a defense attorney not involved in Murray's case. "There's too much risk."
He said a plea of guilty or no contest could bring a better result for the doctor than a jury verdict.
"No Superior Court judge is going to want to send him to state prison for this case," said Cole who noted that Murray has no prior criminal record. and is charged with the lowest level of manslaughter. Prosecutors do not allege he wanted to kill Jackson.
Cole suggested that "creative solutions" could be craftedm including a term of house arrest to avoid the long, costly ordeal of a trial.
Prosecutors declined to comment. District attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said, "The people are ready to proceed with this case."
In the six-day preliminary hearing that led to the case going to trial, a portrait emerged of a doctor trying to help his famous client overcome debilitating insomnia with propofol, a powerful surgical anesthetic not intended for home use. Jackson had used it before and demanded it, calling it his "milk."
A coroner testified that Jackson, 50, died of a propofol overdose in combination with other drugs on June 25, 2009. His death was classified as a homicide.
Murray's behavior before and after Jackson stopped breathing was detailed by household staff and paramedics. It was backed up with phone records, e-mails and, most importantly, a transcript of Murray's nearly three-hour interview with police.
Murray said he gave Jackson a low dose of propofol after spending 10 hours trying to get him to sleep using other drugs. When the star appeared to doze off, Murray said he left the room for two minutes to go to the bathroom, then returned to find Jackson not breathing.
He delayed calling 911 for between 25 minutes and an hour while he tried to revive him, testimony showed.
"He abandoned his patient and didn't resuscitate appropriately. That's the key," said Dr. Richard Ruffalo, an anesthesiologist who testified for the prosecution.
Legal experts said several defenses are available to Murray. Among them is the suggestion by his lawyers that Jackson, desperate for sleep, self-administered the fatal dose of propofol while Murray was out of the room. That theory would mean he either injected propofol into an IV line or swallowed the drug, which is meant to be administered intravenously.
Prosecution experts are likely to challenge that scenario. They also could say Murray was negligent in leaving the drug on a night stand where Jackson could reach it.
"They've got to explain why Dr. Murray was giving him propofol in the first place, in a setting where it is not normally given," said Cron, who has been watching the case.
He said Murray's team has many questions to answer, including why he left the singer without a monitor, why he delayed calling 911, why he attempted CPR on a bed rather than the floor, and why he did not tell paramedics he had given Jackson propofol.
"All these are little bits of evidence," said Cron. "None of them alone caused his death, but all together they may have."
Although it was risky, Cron said Murray may have to testify in his own defense.
"My guess is he will have to explain some of these things and present his persona to the jury as a reasonable, competent doctor," Cron said

Tom Mesereau, I am so glad he is not being objective! But so what if he isn't...if he didn't truly believe murray guilty, I don't think he would have said anything at all.

And that bit about Michael demanding his 'milk'...where's the proof to back that up? What, murray's statement to police is the source for that? A man shoots a congresswoman in the head in front of many people and he is called the "alleged" shooter, yet this statement from a serial liar is presented as a FACT???

And I would just LOVE to see murray take the witness stand. Let the 'reasonable, competent doctor' explain all the inconsistencies. Nope, I just don't see that happening.

Murray's lawyers are a joke.. there is no way after hearing all of that evidence at the prelim are they happy with the outcome. The judge heard enough to suspend his client's license and he feels that it went well?? Okie dokie

Jackson had used it before and demanded it, calling it his "milk."

why are they acting like this is fact? I don't think they can just say this at trial without having another doctor come forward and admit they gave this to MJ at home as a sleep aid. I still don't think any former doctor of MJ's will admit that. If MJ used it before they would say it was during surgery and he was monitored. I don't think another doctor would risk their professional medical license by admitting to being negligent and reckless.

And I would just LOVE to see murray take the witness stand. Let the 'reasonable, competent doctor' explain all the inconsistencies. Nope, I just don't see that happening.

I don't see him taking the stand either.. Like the prosecution said they are using his own words against him. He gave a 3 hour interview where he outlined everything he did and that is the cause for the charge against him. Is he planning on taking back everything he said during that interview?

Murray taking the stand would be a disaster.. he would have to explain how he was weaning MJ off of propofol by ordering almost 300 vials of it.

He will also have to explain if monitoring a patient consists of chatting with your 3 girlfriends on the phone while monitoring? he will have a lot of explaining to do and he will be shown as the liar he is. They will not put him on the stand at all

WELL SAID. I than you, Mr. Thomas Mesereau. :agree:

Re: the article, it's called propaganda. If the defence think it's that cut and dry, then Murray should be shaking in his shoes, (but he won't be of course) because he knows that even if he was ordered to serve a full 4yr sentence.....He literally got away with murder. (Hate the B#####d)

If he's even offered a plea, then something is seriously wrong.

I've got a feeling no date will be set today. Just a feeling, I am not stating anything.
only date that will be set is for another hearing

milk is the a term for diprivan that is used by medical professionals. all they are doing is creating another jesus juice senario. and once again how does that defend no monitoring equipment and being sat on the phone for hours on end? nothing but a diversion tactic when u have no defence. attack the vicitm.

I really hope the DA DOES NOT offer a plea bargain. I wanna see Murray in cuffs and in jail.

They are not going to offer him a plea the charge is the lowest charge of this kind there will be no plea offer. Court cases are won in court rooms not in the press remember that

bla....no live feed from inside courtroom..they said they are having tech difficulties..

Update from MSNBC 12:10 pm EST:

Today is expected to be quick.

Correspondents outside the courtroom are having problems communicating with reporters in the courtroom but I guess the hearing has not started
yet because unlike the prelim, cameras are allowed in the courtroom today.

There was a plane flying overhead today that said "New York Wants Justice for MJ."

Update from MSNBC 12:10 pm EST:

Today is expected to be quick.

Correspondents outside the courtroom are having problems communicating with reporters in the courtroom but I guess the hearing has not started
yet because unlike the prelim, cameras are allowed in the courtroom today.

There was a plane flying overhead today that said "New York Wants Justice for MJ."

Cool for whoever did the NY banner!!!!

only date that will be set is for another hearing

milk is the a term for diprivan that is used by medical professionals. all they are doing is creating another jesus juice senario. and once again how does that defend no monitoring equipment and being sat on the phone for hours on end? nothing but a diversion tactic when u have no defence. attack the vicitm.

THIS. Can somebody plaster that one all over the media??? Just another lam-o attempt at painting the ol' Michael-the-freak-painting with brushes that are so stiff from the acrylic repetitive nonsense from the last 25 years that it hurts.

It's difficult to paint the 'she wouldn't have gotten raped if she didn't wear the short skirt picture'- but the age old blame-the-victim-game is on and has been on for a while.

Media loves to point out that 'the freak' got his 'freak farewell' scenario. Amazing how Murray's testimony gets heralded as the Gospel- while the person that died at the hands of another gets send into the corner.

Its finished pleaded not guilty trial to start march 28th with jury selection

Dr. Conrad Murray Pleads Not Guilty in MJ Death

4 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray just pled not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.

0125-conrad_murray_BN_TMZ_01

Judge Michael Pastor ruled earlier this month that there is enough evidence to force Murray to stand trial.

Today's brief arraignment is part of the process.

The trial date is set for March 28.

If convicted, Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison.

do u think he said that with a straight face! how the hell these ppl can defend such an obviously gulity person is beyond me. they are no better than the killers themselves
i know right?! It's just beyond my comprehension, i for one wouldnt mind it at all if his lawyers go straight to jail with him
Cool for whoever did the NY banner!!!!
whoever did that, did an amazing job!

How dare Murray quote from Michaels 'Innocent man'..that was a very deliberate response to the judge's question how do you plead..(Ref: MJ 'As long as God knows I'm an innocent man'..)

Words fail me. The man (and I use that term loosely) has NO shame.

WHAT?????????? :bugeyed
DID HE REALLY DO THAT??????

BUT... I MEAN... HOW..... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH MAAAAAANNNN!!!!!

:eek:

from kop board

Get ready to vomit:
tongueangry.gif

Murray pulled an O.J STUNT today to play to the cameras!!!!!

When asked for his plea, Murray said:

"Your Honor I am an innocent man."

Judge asked him for his plea again and he finally said "Not Guilty."

D.A estimates that trial will take 4-6 weeks.

Defense says 8 wks (more time to trash MJ and blame him for his own death I'm sure!).

Trial date set for 03/28/11 where jury selection will begin if it's not delayed.

Video tape of what happened will be played when the media is able to do so.

Source: E! Online who's live outside:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b222196_wa...rraignment.html

Back