Conrad Murray CNN interviews / Apr 2nd Anderson Cooper / April 5th Documentary

Re: Conrad Murray will be interviewed by CNN on Tue April 2nd

If Murray says something disgusting like that I will have a breakdown. This is his family's fault. Nobody is publically going to stand up for Michael at all are they?

I'll have a breakdown with you:-(

CM's interview and trial is going to hard to digest for us.

jen hutton heger ?@jenheger 7h
@KarlaJorge absolutely agree. sadly, criminal trial is going 2 look like childs play when it comes 2 sensationalism of civil of MJ's life.

documentary or short for doctor?

Don Lemon ?@DonLemonCNN 29 Mar
Good morning. Sorry I've been twitter MIA. Busy in LA working on a michael jackson family trial doc for #CNN.

Does it make sense if he meant doctor?
Michael Jackson family trial doctor for CNN?

Re this interview. Am I right in thinking that Murray should not be telling anything whatsoever about Michael - doctor/patient confidentiality? Surely he could be sued by various people if he does say anything whatsoever related to Michael's health or anything said to him in private? I really don't get this. There must be some law which protects those who cannot speak out for themselves!

And it just goes from bad to worse......

Funny how the 40 billion is downplayed all of a sudden, and interesting that Duke was the one to relay that information. So it seems like any tv reporting is going to be biased, this documentary with DD will be biased, I have concerns the judge is biased, so what hope does the jury have to be impartial? Jacksons had better start planning how they will spend their windfall.

I don't know why they can't get unbiased "reporters". She will bring up the charges as much as possible. She makes me sick. I am not saying everyone has to like Michael but with some it's too obvious their agenda. I feel like it's Michael on trial here again.

I wonder when they will invite Victor Gutierrez and Martin Bashir... Oh, Sneddon or Ray Chandler as a special guest would be nice too.

I wonder when they will invite Victor Gutierrez and Martin Bashir... Oh, Sneddon or Ray Chandler as a special guest would be nice too.

Well if diane does invite victor to go with her on tv shows it'll prove all along she was hanging with a pedophile and i dont think diane dimwit will allow any moment of that happening. Plus she knows if she did mj fans would ring up the tv shows and let everyone know the truth bout that

She worked with that pedo in canada to get his son to accuse mj. they no doubt all have contact with each other.

Re this interview. Am I right in thinking that Murray should not be telling anything whatsoever about Michael - doctor/patient confidentiality? Surely he could be sued by various people if he does say anything whatsoever related to Michael's health or anything said to him in private? I really don't get this. There must be some law which protects those who cannot speak out for themselves!

anything that becomes public record is no longer privileged. In other words the medical information that became public during the criminal trial is no longer privileged.

And it just goes from bad to worse......

Funny how the 40 billion is downplayed all of a sudden, and interesting that Duke was the one to relay that information. So it seems like any tv reporting is going to be biased, this documentary with DD will be biased, I have concerns the judge is biased, so what hope does the jury have to be impartial? Jacksons had better start planning how they will spend their windfall.

Duke did not say something unknown. This is how settlements work. Jacksons asked 40 billion in the hopes that AEG would settle for a couple billions. That way both parties see it as a win.

The Jacksons hope for a couple of billion. Gee such greed

Why is the photo of MJ deceased shown--is that necessary? It's one thing to show at a trial and another pointlessly on TV shows IMO. I find them showing the photo of MJ deceased totally disgusting. I now officially hate CNN. Why hire the demon? :bugeyed

I am sure they will have something on their website, maybe we can write in and make comments there.

Re the other murderers who were interviewed, were they interviewed after being convicted and in jail? Or before the trial concluded? Just curious.

It's something I'll never understand about the US, it's ok to use a photo of a deceased person for a TV show but show Janet's breast and you' ll have a lawsuit.

Last edited:

She did say Dr Murray adminisitered the sedativeto MJ in the same statement you refer to. just a few words later.
so that was clarified early on. AEG didn't give Murray any payment advances that I've heard of ? Its not been in any
evidence presented. I believe they refused to pay him anything when he asked, before a contract was signed by Michael.

Thank you. But that's my point why they have to say "after taking" first. She can just make the statement as it was, "after he was given" You know, I noticed some people put a fact & a personal statement/lie in the same sentence & leaves the viewer wondering. They can just say it the way it was.When she says "after taken" it can imply that he took the meds himself, the same way that Conrad's lawyers said it at trial.

Yes, I know AEG didn't pay Conrad. My reference to the advances was if AEG signed any checks to anyone that work for Michael, it was as if Michael was paying & not AEG.

Alan Duke talking about the case

The newsperson sharing the screen with Alan Duke "appears" to be having a hard time keeping a straight face, in my opinion. Especially at the 40 BILLION DOLLAR request coming from the Jackson family. No wonder Duke is TRYING to down play it now.

That figure is such a joke that it takes alway all of the Jacksons' credibility, in my opinion. Not that they had much to begin with, but dang that HUGE figure is certainly not helping their cause.

And their so-called Smoking Gun, is not doing much "smoking." It's like a very small fire that can be put out with a teaspoon of water, in my opinion.

I hope KJ doesn't get any money from that lawsuit, that obscene amount is pure greediness. She had the option to not allow her son's murderer to profit from the case and she didn't care to do something and now this mess is happening because she permitted it.

She had the option to not allow her son's murderer to profit from the case and she didn't care to do something and now this mess is happening because she permitted it.

And profiting is exactly what he is going to do.

As a matter of fact, it's already started. Although these news types LOVE to say: "we don't pay for interviews," THEY DO!

There is ALWAYS some back alley deal wherein the interviewee obtains money from the network/cablenews station. It's been going on for years and is no longer a secret.

Thanks to the Jackson family (some, not all) The Murderer will probably be able to pay the instruments rent for a couple of months.

So like, do we have any legit confirmation on the Murray interview or is this just according to some schmoe? If so, I would like to see it. Thx.

Why no one says "acute propofol intoxication"? It's not the same thing than overdose, is it? It pisses me off every time I hear overdose!

Overdose is the publicly understood term. There is such a thing as an accidental overdose. It does not strictly imply addiction.

So like, do we have any legit confirmation on the Murray interview or is this just according to some schmoe? If so, I would like to see it. Thx.

CNN is running advertisements.

^ I see your point Severus but that doesn't excuse the media they're being biased telling the wrong information to make innuendos Michael was dependent and responsible for what happened to him.

Muarry did what we all knew he would do, except the fans who were claiming a few days ago that a restitution would not prevent book writing, or making money off interviews. All we can do now is make sure the book sells no more than 1,000 copies.

Are you meaning me, as i wrote a couple of posts a week or so back about the limited practical effect of restitution.

I don't know what's changed here? We've heard from other tabloid media reports that murry was busy writing some book. Clearly he's had no publishers in a bidding war, as he seems to be drumming up some publicity for it by this interview, at least according to this celeb blog reporter who we've decided to believe. It's actually technically right tosay restitution wouldn't prevent book writing, what it does is prevents someone profiting from it. So how much money do you think murray can expect from such a book - what would be it's market? Sullivan sold 16,000 was it, as he didn't have the fans onside. This one certainly won't be one for the fans, and there maybe haters who just love anything anti-mj and maybe willing to click on a website or pick up a mag at the supermarket, but spend $$$ for a hardback? I just don't see murray commanding massive amounts of $$ from mainline publishers which restitution would have been able to claw back.

As for making money off interviews. I haven't seen anything in this thread that shows cnn is paying a convicted felon money to interview him whilst he's serving his sentence in jail. As big apple says upthread, if there is a payment (which i doubt), it'll be a sweetner to his gf or something - but then this is clearly not something restitution would be able to address and therefore prevent him from profiting. This is the second interview murray has done now, once in his documentary shown after the trial and now this one at the beg of the civil trial. In both cases if restitution existed, it would not stop those projects - that's the point i was making.

This interview is offensive, but clearly the only platform murray could get was this anderson cooper on cnn, watched by a few hundred thousand out of a population of over 300million, even when interest is meant to be high with thecivil trial.

Last edited:

for people questioning the legitimacy of the information

Is there a fan campaign to stop the airing of this?

^^

not an organized one and it won't stop. CNN has an application to broadcast the trial, they have asked for a reconsideration and oral hearing after judge denied it, they are doing the Murray interview and they will even have a documentary this friday. They will milk this for ratings.

What documentary?

What documentary?

the new cnn article (posted on general discussion thread) mentions there will be a documentary airing on CNN this friday.

Fans protested Sullivan's book and the Cardiff tribute concert. Why is this not being protested?

Fans protested Sullivan's book and the Cardiff tribute concert. Why is this not being protested?

fans also tweeted to anderson cooper and provided negative feedback to CNN. So it has been protested but not in an organized fashion. Also what's stopping you from organizing a protest?

Ivy, you don't know me, you don't know what I've done, and you don't know what I haven't done. I asked a legitimate question.

I wish we could had stopped that damn interview with Murray but that info came to late and it will air regardless it seems. But at least some of us did try! Same for trying to stop DEMON as well! Ugh!:mat:

Ivy, you don't know me, you don't know what I've done, and you don't know what I haven't done. I asked a legitimate question.

and I provided you an answer. and we are being honest first of all you made an assumption of nothing is being done. you made an assumption of some other events were more important. As you said it shows you don't know what people have done and they haven't done either. For example I immediately tweeted to Anderson Cooper and that's a protest in my book. I have seen people spread CNN feedback form to complain about it and that's a protest in my book as well. Furthermore I don't believe "Why is this not being protested?" is a valid question to ask. Fan community is too broad and different and none of us is in a position to answer for any and all fans. For example very recently I have seen a campaign against Diane Dimond being an "Expert" commentor but I have also seen another group being against to that campaign. In other words not every attempt will be wide spread , widely accepted among the community. Also it's my belief that not everyone believed this information. For example today 2 people asked me what my source is (as I have posted the thread and the news spread from MJJC to the rest of the fan forums) and people were even skeptical as they couldn't find the information on non-mj fansites. That prompted someone to video the advertisement for the program. and finally I believe in action and not complaining. If anyone is not happy with other fans do or do not do, there's nothing stopping them to take action and start a movement themselves. furthermore let me note that neither the protest against Cardiff tribute nor the protest against Sullivan book made them stop, the tribute happened and Sullivan's book is still on the shelves.

fans also tweeted to anderson cooper and provided negative feedback to CNN. So it has been protested but not in an organized fashion. Also what's stopping you from organizing a protest?

There's several ways to go about a protest since there are SO many different angles... :unsure:

Maybe a thread for each of the things that we know are gonna be major issues and that way each person can choose which they want to be a part of?

For example, one for DD, and people who don't agree with her even being posted here can just stay out of/not post in the thread if they're not participating in what the purpose of the thread is for.

Then we can address her BS as it comes, daily no doubt, and decide HOW to address it.

That way Ivy can focus on the legal stuff, which I'm sure we ALL appreciate and so, the rest of us can each pitch in on protests, support, etc...

What I'm trying to say is if each member pitches in on what we're best at, then this whole ordeal can be a little less stressful for everybody.

I've never organized a protest myself, but I'm willing to help any way I can...anyone else?

Ivy, I asked you a legitimate question and you answered. The problem seems to be when I asked why an organized effort wasn’t done as it was with Sullivan and Cardiff. I know those continued but, the organized effort was more effective in allowing more voices to be heard.

You assumed a bit about me in your response and it is your right but, it does not make those assumptions true.

Thank you MsMo. Agreed.

Back