Conrad Murray News and discussion thread [No Links allowed]

mkgenie;4157291 said:
Estate responds:

Hi Keen:

As with all of the other appalling and upsetting works that have been published about Michael, there is likely no legal recourse available to the Estate to stop it. The first amendment in the United States protects free speech, and this unfortunately, often, extends to rumor and innuendo. Furthermore, as you may be aware, laws protecting people from libel and slander in the US do not extend protections to the deceased. And the laws in other countries generally offer no better protection and, in some cases, are far less protective. Even so, as is generally the case when the Estate becomes aware of a new book being released about Michael, I am sure they will look at this book at its options in case there is a legal basis for them to take action.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Thats katherine's fault. What an insane old mommy.

Neither the family or the Estate do enough to protect MJ's reputation IMO. And it's not just about this specific case. Over and over again the Estate showed its total lack of interest when it comes to addressing the slander of MJ's name and reputation. It's been discussed enough on this board. And no, it does not always have to be a lawsuit. But often they even declined to issue a forceful rebuttal - even when they could have - under the excuse of not giving it more attention. Which sounded ridiculous when the slander was already all over in the media. I am not anti-Estate but I am also not the one to defend their every action or inaction. I personally do not think they do enough.

And yes, in this specific case it is also the family's fault, for refusing to go after Murray in a civil case because all they saw were the potential $$$ from AEG. That was more important than setting up a scene where Murray could not have profited from selling books. Money it seems was always more important to his family than Michael.

I was thinking maybe we should give up too?
Nobody in the family except Paris says anything or cares, KJ actions re restitution tied the estate's hands. I'm really tired of fighting, writing letters and doing my bit, but there is so much you can do:(

Does anyone here feel like asking question from lawyers what can be done in this sort of case.
https://www.google.ie/#q=ask+lawyer
and pick any link that allows questions

Sample what to ask or something like that.
Q: A doctor killed another one and got jail time. Medical board took away licence to practice, and family asked no restitution during the criminal trial.
Now this former doctor wrote a book of his patient that he killed, including in the book medical details and personal information. What can be done in order to stop this exploitation?

Its gone so bad that I was afraid to click that article, but luckily I did, at least there are some good articles

Michael Jackson’s Doctor Is Serving Hot, Messy Tea in New Tell-All Book
Is this crazy crap true?!
by Christopher Rosa 19h ago

This is messy.

Michael Jackson’s doctor Conrad Murray makes some crazy allegations about the pop star in his new tell-all book This Is It. (Which, yes, is a passive aggressive spin on Jackson’s 2009 documentary This Is It).

Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter against Jackson, writes the singer used to dress up as a clown and then pay strippers to chill with him in hotel rooms.

But it gets weirder. Murray also claims Jackson pretended to be a stroke victim to pick up women and also frequently used fake accents.

Is this crazy crap true? Does it matter? This book is exploitation at its best (read: worst). However, don’t tell that to Murray. According to TMZ, Murray claims Jackson asked him to make all of this public. Excuse me?

And if that’s not enough f–kery, Murray claims the book is meant to give Jackson and his family “due respect.” Please explain how it does that. How Sway?!

Because this is America, the book will probably sell, lining this murderous unlicensed doctor’s pockets with dirty cash. Where is the “Thriller” werewolf when you need him?

http://www.vh1.com/news/273568/michael-jackson-doctor-tell-all-book/

This article is worth of giving tons of clicks and comments.

Guardian article is not too bad either

What Michael Jackson’s doctor saw

The man who went to jail for supplying Michael Jackson with drugs is now making sensational claims about his former patient. But can we believe him?

It used to be that in Fleet Street you could write whatever you liked about the royal family because they couldn’t, or wouldn’t, answer back. Does this now apply to the late king of pop? Michael Jackson’s former personal physician, Dr Conrad Murray – imprisoned for involuntary manslaughter for supplying the drugs on which Jackson fatally overdosed – has published a grisly tell-all book, coyly entitled This Is It.

In it, he dramatically reveals the creepy stuff that was going through the head of his eccentric and reclusive patient, and declares that Jackson would have wanted him to reveal it. The most sensational claim is that Jackson, that spindly little figure in the surgical mask, nurtured the idea of one day marrying Emma Watson, who was then just becoming famous in the Harry Potter movies.

It is an exquisitely provocative idea – evil, horrible – and a pairing taken at face value by news outlets. But we have only Murray’s word for it: a man whose only source of income now is unverifiable gossip concerning the contents of a dead man’s mind. And who knows what else Murray has in the pipeline? What other ***** yearnings is he going to remember in years to come? That Michael planned to marry Pippa Middleton? Susanna Reid? Angela Merkel? A whole new industry is opening up for him – one that depends on credulous news sources across the globe.

mkgenie;4157291 said:
Estate responds:

Hi Keen:

As with all of the other appalling and upsetting works that have been published about Michael, there is likely no legal recourse available to the Estate to stop it. The first amendment in the United States protects free speech, and this unfortunately, often, extends to rumor and innuendo. Furthermore, as you may be aware, laws protecting people from libel and slander in the US do not extend protections to the deceased. And the laws in other countries generally offer no better protection and, in some cases, are far less protective. Even so, as is generally the case when the Estate becomes aware of a new book being released about Michael, I am sure they will look at this book at its options in case there is a legal basis for them to take action.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Eh bullshit. The Estate is at it again. Murray is violating HIPPA plain and simple and they cannot do anything about that?
How the **** do these morons want to defend MJ against Robson if they won't do anything against an easy target like Murray?
The very minimum they should do is to release a detailed rebuttal to Murray's crap. If fans on twitter can do that why can't they?
What will they do when Wade Robson releases a book which he will if he doesn't get money from them one way or the other?
I don't see how fans can still defend the Estate's conduct. It's more than obvious they don't give a **** about MJ's reputation.

I'm just baffled by the estate's recent indifference. Are they winding up?

A few years ago at least they gave a rat's ass to write strongly worded letters e.g. letter to Discover channel and the letter to Conrat when he gave that first interview after the trial

Nowadays they can't be bothered with even that. What's up?

I was never anti-estate, but their recent actions (selling Michael's share of ATV), and inaction (i.e. now) has got me really thinking.

you know what I keep having in the back of my head... after reading what Paris said... How Conrad tried reaching out to her like he's some 'father-esk' figure to her... He is so delusional, self righteous, and still after spending 2 yrs in jail (which is WAYYYYY less than he should), and the hate he received cannot find enough guilt to shut the F up already?He should IF anything be the most humble, apologetic person in the world after doing what he did and is already a free man.. But NO he has the audacity to make it even worse... he put him under ground (figure of speech) now he walks/stomps all over that ground...

Do you remember when Conrad Murray had secretly recorded Michael Jackson? This was brought into evidence during Murray's trial.

[video=youtube;aNt4b7-AK5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNt4b7-AK5I[/video]​

Judge: Murray's secret recording designed to blackmail Jackson

In sentencing Conrad Murray to a maximum of four years behind bars, Judge Michael Pastor had particularly harsh words for the doctor for the surreptitious iPhone recording of a heavily drugged and slurring Michael Jackson.

Jackson can be heard on the recording, taped a month and a half before the pop star's death and first played during opening statements in the case, rambling almost incoherently about his plans for a comeback.

Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren argued that the recording was proof Murray was aware of the singer’s "state" but continued providing him drugs.

But Pastor had an even harsher assessment of the secret tape, calling it the piece of evidence against the doctor that "stuck out the most."

"I have repeatedly asked myself why did this happen and for what reasons," Pastor said. One conclusion, he said, was that Murray kept the recording to blackmail Jackson in case they had a falling out. "That tape recording was Dr. Murray's insurance policy.... It was designed to record his patient surreptitiously at that patient's most vulnerable point."

Pastor called the recording "offensive" and said it violated the doctor-patient relationship between Murray and Jackson.

He cited it as one of the reasons why he denied probation to Murray, saying it was another failure of Murray's character.

Pastor sentenced Murray to four years behind bars — the maximum punishment possible — for his part in Jackson's death, saying the doctor’s role in the singer’s fatal overdose was "money-for-medicine madness."

In blistering and lengthy remarks, Pastor lambasted Murray for failing to express any remorse for the pop star’s death and suggesting in a recent documentary that Jackson bore responsibility for his own demise.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-recording-designed-to-blackmail-jackson.html

I totally agree with Judge Michael Pastor, that Conrad Murray did record Michael "at his most vulnerable" not Michael dressing up in some sort of delusional fantasy that Conrad Murray is making in his book of non contrite falsehoods. As Judge Michael Pastor continues, Conrad Murray was doing it as an "insurance policy." It looks like Conrad Murray has a new insurance policy, selling a non contrite book. It's obvious Conrad Murray would have called the paps if Michael was out and about, like Conrad Murray is claiming. Conrad Murray needed money then and he needs it now. Conrad Murray's credit report tells us so. Instead of paying his bills, Conrad Murray was the one spending his cash on stripper's, not Michael Jackson!

^ I actually was listening to that yesterday after being in this thread.. cuz I thought of the type of person he is and was just.. thinking about it I guess

HIPAA doesn't include a private right of action. The Department of Health & Human Services holds the power to impose civil and criminal penalties.

Nobody is caring about this book. The folks I heard talking are trashing Murray. As for the news in America, the talk is the Circus in Cleveland with the RNC and the fall of Ailes from Foxnews for claims of sexually harasshment-who made a living calling Jackson "J*cko" and always thinking someone is guilty before innocent. Now look who is in the hot seat.

Can't Michael's kids fire the estate or something especially considering both Paris and Prince are over the age of 18?

^^Seemingly copyright infringement of Michael's name.

Reading f.b it appears to be copyright infringement of "this is it"

As for the copyright claims on either "Michael Jackson" or "This is it", it won't work. Yes both of those have copyright/trademark registrations. However "this is it" only limited to live performance and generic enough to be used by other people at other instances. Copyright / trademark on "Michael Jackson" doesn't stop anyone from using it under freedom of speech. In other words anyone can write a book, an article, an essay and so on and use "Michael Jackson" or any other celebrity name. They don't need permission and it's not copyright infringement. That's why you see a lot of unauthorized biographies , negative pieces etc about celebrities.

So no copyright / trademark infringement claims from fans or Estate will work.

Isn't cititng doctor-patient privilege a better idea? What do you think Ivy?

Murray is violating HIPPA plain and simple and they cannot do anything about that?

HIPAA doesn't include a private right of action. The Department of Health & Human Services holds the power to impose civil and criminal penalties.

Yes HIPAA - doctor patient confidentiality is better. However it's not that easy and it's not that automatic. First you need to determine what and if anything is infringed. Because Murray and MJ relationship wasn't limited to just medical visits. Where the doctor ends and friendship starts. Second you need to determine what information has become public during the Murray criminal trial. For example if my memory is right, Murray mentioned MJ's feet, vision etc during his police interview which was introduced to evidence in open court. So writing about them wouldn't violate HIPAA anymore IMO. Similarly I don't think for example discussing women romantically violates it either.

The perhaps most important thing about HIPAA that it isn't automatic. Even if we assume that Murray is violating HIPAA, Estate will need to either go through relevant authorities or pursue a civil "invasion of privacy" lawsuit. And you all know how lawsuits are. It would take years and a win to collect any monetary damages. Perhaps they can do that who knows. But it wouldn't stop the release of the book unfortunately.

I'm just baffled by the estate's recent indifference. Are they winding up?

Simply put there isn't anything they can do to stop it's release. Even back in the day they didn't have any legal basis to stop the documentary. The letters were to appeal to human decency. I think Murray is self publishing and he totally lacks any moral decency. Sure they can write letters but what will it accomplish.

Can't Michael's kids fire the estate or something especially considering both Paris and Prince are over the age of 18?

No they can't fire the estate. They can make a complaint to the judge if they think Executors aren't doing their jobs properly, mismanaging the Estate. But keep in mind that what fans might consider as not doing their jobs properly and what law considers not doing their jobs properly might differ significantly. Fans approach to many stuff emotionally without really bothering to understand what can and cannot be done. Hence at times having unrealistic expectations. A judge would be much more rational and approaching it from a legal aspect.

How rather peculiar that Kenny Ortega was rubbing Michael Jackson's cold feet, the week before he died. Now Conrad Murray says Michael had feet problems. Nope, Kenny Ortega tried to stop the monster, Conrad Murray, but to no avail and Michael died. Cherilyn Lee testified how Michael called her on Father's day about being cold, too. What was the monster doing to Michael Jackson? Poisoning him to death!

Because Murray and MJ relationship wasn't limited to just medical visits.

Well, that's just what Murray claims. In the interview he gave to the police he clearly talks about a sporadic doctor-patient relationship that only intensified in the last two months (and that too was under a docor-patient relationship, not a friendship), not a long time close friendship like he claims now. The Estate too pointed that out in their statement in 2013: you were not his friend like you claim, you were his doctor.

The perhaps most important thing about HIPAA that it isn't automatic. Even if we assume that Murray is violating HIPAA, Estate will need to either go through relevant authorities or pursue a civil "invasion of privacy" lawsuit. And you all know how lawsuits are. It would take years and a win to collect any monetary damages. Perhaps they can do that who knows. But it wouldn't stop the release of the book unfortunately.

In any case, they should try this, no matter how long it takes. I'm starting to get tired of their excuses as to why they never try to do anything. It may not stop the release but hopefully they can make Murray lose money at least.

In any case, they should try this, no matter how long it takes. I'm starting to get tired of their excuses as to why they never try to do anything. It may not stop the release but hopefully they can make Murray lose money at least.[/QUOTE]

At least we know the fans will not be buying his piece of garbage. A lot of MJ books are sold because of the fans interest. We need to keep re enforcing the facts on just how ridiculous it would be to spend good money on pure fiction.

As for the copyright claims on either "Michael Jackson" or "This is it", it won't work. Yes both of those have copyright/trademark registrations. However "this is it" only limited to live performance and generic enough to be used by other people at other instances. Copyright / trademark on "Michael Jackson" doesn't stop anyone from using it under freedom of speech. In other words anyone can write a book, an article, an essay and so on and use "Michael Jackson" or any other celebrity name. They don't need permission and it's not copyright infringement. That's why you see a lot of unauthorized biographies , negative pieces etc about celebrities.

So no copyright / trademark infringement claims from fans or Estate will work.

Yes HIPAA - doctor patient confidentiality is better. However it's not that easy and it's not that automatic. First you need to determine what and if anything is infringed. Because Murray and MJ relationship wasn't limited to just medical visits. Where the doctor ends and friendship starts. Second you need to determine what information has become public during the Murray criminal trial. For example if my memory is right, Murray mentioned MJ's feet, vision etc during his police interview which was introduced to evidence in open court. So writing about them wouldn't violate HIPAA anymore IMO. Similarly I don't think for example discussing women romantically violates it either.

Simply put there isn't anything they can do to stop it's release. Even back in the day they didn't have any legal basis to stop the documentary. The letters were to appeal to human decency. I think Murray is self publishing and he totally lacks any moral decency. Sure they can write letters but what will it accomplish.

No they can't fire the estate. They can make a complaint to the judge if they think Executors aren't doing their jobs properly, mismanaging the Estate. But keep in mind that what fans might consider as not doing their jobs properly and what law considers not doing their jobs properly might differ significantly. Fans approach to many stuff emotionally without really bothering to understand what can and cannot be done. Hence at times having unrealistic expectations. A judge would be much more rational and approaching it from a legal aspect.

This is just my opinion but I think the kids should consider getting a judge to figure out something cuz the estate just look as if they don't care bout doing what they meant to do as an estate

In any case, they should try this, no matter how long it takes. I'm starting to get tired of their excuses as to why they never try to do anything. It may not stop the release but hopefully they can make Murray lose money at least.

they might pursue it but I believe it would depend on the contents of the book and the odds of winning. After 7 years of lawsuits we can say that Estate only starts lawsuits when they are quite sure of their odds.

This is just my opinion but I think the kids should consider getting a judge to figure out something cuz the estate just look as if they don't care bout doing what they meant to do as an estate

Kinda missing what I wrote. What it looks like to fans and what is acceptable as law are two different things. It looks like you approach this like " they didn't release a statement to denounce Murray, they aren't doing their jobs, fire them". On the legal side their job description doesn't include releasing statements so it's not a requirement to start with. and as we discussed at other threads if these negative stories (whether it's Murray or Robson etc) have no impact on MJ's sales, businesses, income potential and so on , their lack of action would be justified.

The fact he (Conrad) not only ignored signs of MJ's detrition.. When people brought it up to him - he literally faugh it off and made jabs like he's the DR and they can mind there own business..

If that is NOT negligence IDK what is... That's like a teacher going to a mother "HEY YOUR KID IS ON FIRE"... and she responds "Shut the F up, I got this, you just teach" than child dies..

The copyright was worked for Ebay, they removed that item . On the specifications on the trademark class it says that his name can't be used on books covers and holders. My stomach can deal with the fact of that book, that's why i've been sending emails to the big online sellers even with such a flu of mine, I guess every little thing counts to keeps that criminal far away of make ANY penny from Michael .

if these negative stories (whether it's Murray or Robson etc) have no impact on MJ's sales, businesses, income potential and so on , their lack of action would be justified.

They do have an impact and it's deluded to think otherwise.
On Mj's facebook page last year on MJ's 6th anniversary there were more than 9000 comments and 471 000 likes.
This year after the child porn story only 4500 comments and 153 000 likes.
Since the child porn story there has not been one post with more than 150 000 likes while before Jun 20
almost every post had more than 100 000 likes and many had 200 000 or more.

Mj's facebook page was followed by fans not haters. And many of those fans now believe MJ was guilty
because of that ****ing child porn story which the Estate didn't even try to fight!
They didn't contact any media outlets to demand a correction. They didn't try to
send a representative onto morning shows (Travis could get there someone from the Estate couldn't?)
They didn't release a point by point rebuttal just a lame unconvincing statement about
everything in the Radar trash being false. But why it's false, hell no, they didn't say anything about that!
Like it doesn't matter.

Last year his Aug 29 post had 895 000 likes and 27 900 comments. See what we get this year.

They do have an impact and it's deluded to think otherwise.
On Mj's facebook page last year on MJ's 6th anniversary there were more than 9000 comments and 471 000 likes.
This year after the child porn story only 4500 comments and 153 000 likes.
Since the child porn story there has not been one post with more than 150 000 likes while before Jun 20
almost every post had more than 100 000 likes and many had 200 000 or more.

Mj's facebook page was followed by fans not haters. And many of those fans now believe MJ was guilty
because of that ****ing child porn story which the Estate didn't even try to fight!
They didn't contact any media outlets to demand a correction. They didn't try to
send a representative onto morning shows (Travis could get there someone from the Estate couldn't?)
They didn't release a point by point rebuttal just a lame unconvincing statement about
everything in the Radar trash being false. But why it's false, hell no, they didn't say anything about that!
Like it doesn't matter.

Last year his Aug 29 post had 895 000 likes and 27 900 comments. See what we get this year.

While I agree with you that the Estate has to do more I am not sure Facebook likes are what represent an interest or disinterest in MJ's music. On YT he got more views this year than last year on June 25. The number of his monthly Spotify listens has never been higher. Last week he had five albums on in the top 200 best selling albums of the week.

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ Weekly US Top Album Sales Chart (no streaming)

#53 Off The Wall
#86 Thriller
#100 Bad
#117 The Essential Michael Jackson
#'195 Number Ones
7:18 PM - 12 Jul 2016

And Tony R just posted this today:

UK:

Number Ones back in 55
Thriller back in at 66
The Essential at 89

Last edited:
I still haven't seen anyone who has referenced any of these stories outside of this forum.

I think if you asked 100 people if they really believed he was guilty, a small minority would say yes, and a lot less than ten years ago.

Because we look out for these things we think they are everywhere, in reality no one frigging reads them.

While I agree with you that the Estate has to do more I am not sure Facebook likes are what represent an interest or disinterest in MJ's music.

It's not just the music. Any project related to MJ can be affected by millions being fooled into believing that he was a pedo.
Those chart positions are nice and indicate that at least a few thousand people are not idiots we are talking about millions
all over the world who didn't question the child porn story just swallowed it like it's the gospel because there was no effective
rebuttal.
I don't think it's a coincidence that there was such a big drop of likes and comments this year.
The Estate and MJ's family let this bullshit live when they did have the option to explain the facts in the media.
People and Billboard published the Estate's response, except it didn't make any difference because it did not point out how ridiculously absurd the whole story was, they could have called the shows and radio stations where Travis got airtime
and demand the same for themselves, they even could have called Oprah or Wendy and say enough is enough we want to
tell what is going on how the media has been systematically smearing MJ since 2013, if I was Paris I sure would have done just that, Oprah gave her airtime before when it didn't matter, it would matter this time.
They did nothing. The family and the Estate both can kiss my ass.

On YT he got more views this year than last year on June 25. The number of his monthly Spotify listens has never been higher.

That's great if true I'm not saying you are wrong but how do you know? Where do you get those stats from?
I can only see the total listens on Spotify.

Because we look out for these things we think they are everywhere, in reality no one frigging reads them.

I wish that was true but when you can see Daily Show host asking Travis how the fans overlook all these stories about him having nude pictures of children and animal abuse and then another morning show asking him and then a radio show asking him and another radio show asking him about the same and the Young Turks talking about like it's fact and Jezebel , Huff Post, Fox News and countless other websites posting it as fact it's naive to believe that noone frigging reads them.

I still haven't seen anyone who has referenced any of these stories outside of this forum.

I think if you asked 100 people if they really believed he was guilty, a small minority would say yes, and a lot less than ten years ago.

THANK YOU Toni. I will say it again, not all of MJ's fans are on this site or even visit MJ sites or hits likes (I have never did it. I just recently got a facebook). We love MJ so we are going to take issues more than other. Lookat me, I am just now starting to come back in here and a lot of stuff I would not hear about if I did not come in here. And when MJ is talked about, he is loved. I hate haters but I am not going to allow a few people who CLAIM they do not like Mj make me thing everyone does. NOT TRUE. And this has NOT effected MJ. MJ is dead and he is outselling people from his era. El Debarge would love to sell what MJ is doing.

And even with the porn story, I still do not think many people read it or did not care about it. And Conrad Murray, he is toast at least here in the United States.

Last edited:
I read 3 more articles last night regarding the Murray book. Each one was more sarcastic than the last. Murray was virtually laughed off the page.
Murray has made a fool of himself over and over again with his few appearances. He's treated with contempt.
No one is going to buy his book.

And yes, I'd prefer that the Estate came out with a clearer, stronger response regarding the child porn story as well as the fake FBI files story. People should know exactly what all that was. That story is upsetting and growing a little out of control.

WTF? Did this psychopath indeed say this too? That MJ told him he was a virgin?
I didn't see any story claiming that. Did anyone?

nude.jpg

Strange that MJ had many conversations with Dr. van Valin and Dr. Treacy and countless other people
but he chose the one doctor who would kill him to confess all these things to and ask him to publish them in case he dies!
The same doctor who needs these "confessions" to make money with a book and kissing
the tabloids's ass. What a remarkable coincidence.

So once he is visiting hookers, then he is a virgin. Alright.

Back