Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

Can't speak for others but I'm rarely on Facebook. And unless you actually FOLLOW a certain page, you don't really see what's posted. If those who are on Facebook start sharing links here, we'd be more aware of what's going on over there and could go there to post.

This DISASTER australian show can be found here - the page is dedicated to promoting the MJ piece they are airing on sunday. They have made several promotional posts about and its a frigging WAR ZONE in the comments. Its beyond control.

https://www.facebook.com/SundayNightOn7/

I think facebook is just as important as twitter,or more. If you go on facebook and engage in a public discussion with hundreds of comments, you are going to reach alot more people. And you dont have a character limit, so you can discuss in depth and not just write a two sentences like on twitter.

In sweden we had a negative article about the Adiran Mcmanamus the last day and I made 150 comments defending MJ on it. It was a complete trainwreck when I came in 5 hours after the article was posted. A modern day lynching was going on. I spent 10 hours straight and answered every single negative post, and balance out the situation.

This is the type of stuff the Estate should do, have agent sit on facebook and counter everything during the most crucial upcoming time!

You know what guys....I just got an idea for the rebuttal documentary. We could use all of these people's own greed against them. it woudl be sort of like luring a rat to a mouse trap.

Pretend to be a TV show...(you could make it a foreign one so they'd buy into it).....call up ALL of these people....ever single one of them who has been going on the media. Wade, James, Dan, all these guards and maids, Jacobshagen.....ALL of them.....and then ask them how much they want for the interview or offer them money....agree to whatever they're asking (the same trick the German TV used to lure in Jacobshagen for the interview)....then sit down with them and let them tell their story first....don't interrupt them and pretend to be buying all of their bullshit. Then once they are done start going "Well it's funny you said this because we discovered this to prove it's bullshit, and how do you explain this because it is not possible....and what about your lawsuit...and what about what you said in your deposition"....? Just lay down all the facts and watch them crumble. If they want a media trial....GIVE IT TO THEM!!!!

^ That would be a big undertaking.. You'd have to establish a company they could research, a history for them to see and so on. They wouldn't just fall for it that easy. they've dealt with media sources more than we have.

There might be reasons that the Estate doesn't want the R/S court cases discussed on the official MJ FB page:
1. The topic would probably take over the whole page, and attract even more trolls
2. The Estate might be planning to criticise Finaldi & Co and HBO in the Appeals court, for taking a one-sided view (in the film which appears to be cheer-led by the R/S law firm) and attempting to resolve the case 'in the court of public opinion'. The Estate wouldn't want to have the same accusations levelled at themselves.

I don't agree with you.
"and attract even more trolls"
better than the mistruth.

They are giving HBO one last chance and the clock is ticking. Less than 30 days left now. HBO have been mae aware and they now cannot say they didn't know about it. If they do not commit themselves to the arbitration it's followed by a full on lawsuit next.

Where did you find that information?

All I can see is that they have triggered the 'mandatory arbitration' clause in the contract.

Looking at US legal info sites, the ones I can find all say that courts will not intervene in mandatory arbitration. Case law seems to suggest that courts will just say 'the contract mandates arbitration, so do it', unless HBO can argue that the contract was unfair.
Since HBO's Atty's presumably read the contract before signing, that might be a difficult argument. (The 1992 contract was signed for / sent to the Senior VP, Business Affairs, HBO and the Senior VP and General Counsel HBO).

Breach of the contract entitles TTC/ Optimum productions 'Injunctive relief' as one of the possible outcomes of arbitration.

Injunctive relief is defined as :

'An extraordinary remedy used to require a defendant or other person to take, or refrain from taking, a specified action when necessary to protect a legal right being pursued by the plaintiff.'

If the legal right being pursued is non-disparagement, then this implies that an outcome of arbitration could be requiring HBO to 'can' (withdraw) this film.

Edited to add: there are 2 causes in the petition, 'Breach of Contract', and 'Breach of Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing'.
Each is claimed to have 'caused damages to Petitioner' (Optimum Prods / MJ Estate) potentially exceeding $100 million (ie potentially exceeding $200 million in total), plus costs etc etc.

Last edited:

In Holland and Belgium it will air with the 2 parts in a row. Who in heaven's name wants to watch a documentary like this for 4 straight hours...
In Holland there will be a live panel before , in the middle and after the documentary to discuss what was on screen. Sounds interesting and honest but it could also turn out horrible for MJ. We'll see.
In Belgium there is apparently no room for debate, shame.

Either way it will be huge news the day after that much is certain. The entire evening is filled with allegations about MJ

in holland and belgium it will air with the 2 parts in a row. Who in heaven's name wants to watch a documentary like this for 4 straight hours...
In holland there will be a live panel before , in the middle and after the documentary to discuss what was on screen. Sounds interesting and honest but it could also turn out horrible for mj. We'll see.
In belgium there is apparently no room for debate, shame.

Either way it will be huge news the day after that much is certain. The entire evening is filled with allegations about mj

someone in holland. You need to call the show and attend this panel if possible. Let them know that you are willing to have a discussion in a calm matter. A healthy discussion with facts.

Edit: I urge fans to call in to radio morning shows aswell if u know that they plan on talking about this. Call them and ask for a invite you never know we might get invited.

Delighted to see France pull the plug on this,hats(fedora)off to them for being bold enough to do so.....here's hoping more follow suit.
Viva France.??

In Holland and Belgium it will air with the 2 parts in a row. Who in heaven's name wants to watch a documentary like this for 4 straight hours...
In Holland there will be a live panel before , in the middle and after the documentary to discuss what was on screen. Sounds interesting and honest but it could also turn out horrible for MJ. We'll see.
In Belgium there is apparently no room for debate, shame.

Either way it will be huge news the day after that much is certain. The entire evening is filled with allegations about MJ

Sorry for not having much faith in this panel. The mockumentary is a joke to begin with, should have never been a thing and now they're gonna have a panel too? Unless they have people with actual knowledge about things, people like us here, I expect very little good things to come out of that. But hey, we'll see, right?

This shit is basically Gavin Arvizo in 2005 telling his little tale in the court room, but now it's actually recorded and made into a "documentary". Lol.

So this panel is on VPRO?

You are talking about jerk and latoya. Whats she gonna do hug murray like she did victor. they shouldnt even be going on such tabloid crap. Giving them more attention and pandering to them. But those 2 especially cant resist.

Yeah, Latoya, very little faith in her as well. But Tito will be there too, who knows.

In this video which exposed Jacobshagen for selling fake MJ autographs, Jermaine is furious about Jacobshagen fooling fans and making money of MJs brand etc.

Check 12.05:

---
Do you think Jermaine remembers Jacobshagen doing that, and if he does, would he not have established for the TV channel that the MJ autographed items Jacobshagen is showing them are false?

Or do you think the TV channel has made an interview with Jermaine WITHOUT him knowing the identity of Jacobshagen, maybe just saying he is a new accuser? This is quite important I think, since Jermaine should be aware of the frauds of Jacobshagen unless he has forgotten it all.

The worst case would be that Jermaine has forgotten about Jacobshagen and have missed the chance save Michael and nail the friggin con-artist Jacobshagen!

Unbelievable that anyone would believe this lying ass bastard. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest though that this show wants him there. And as for what you were wondering, i really wouldn't put it past shows like these to just **** over Jermaine now too.

We, the fans still know about Jacobshagen, so I would hope Jermaine still remembers too. Guess we'll hear it soon enough now. I'd pay money to see someone whooping that guy's ass, not physically but verbally. Imagine Jacobshagen sitting there, doing his little story and on the other side we have someone that has all the facts and can debunk it all. I'd love to see him totally get slaughtered there. So goddamn fed up with all these vultures who think they can ride this wave now that the sad, pathetic mockumentary is out there.

The mj f.b page should just post the news.of the lawsuit.statements etc and facts.with comments turned off. There will be no issues then. They have this huge amount of ppl they can pass info to or post statements which for the most part get blanked by the establishment media. Regardless of the lawsuit their attempt to protect mj in the most basic way of P.R has been p#$$ poor. A student doing P.R at school could do a better job.

Totally agree. Does anyone know who is in charge of the mj Facebook page? Why have they fallen asleep at the wheel like this. Leaving individual fans with 59 Facebook friends to try and spread the truth when the mj Facebook page has a reach of 72 million.

myosotis;4242562 said:
There might be reasons that the Estate doesn't want the R/S court cases discussed on the official MJ FB page:
1. The topic would probably take over the whole page, and attract even more trolls
2. The Estate might be planning to criticise Finaldi & Co and HBO in the Appeals court, for taking a one-sided view (in the film which appears to be cheer-led by the R/S law firm) and attempting to resolve the case 'in the court of public opinion'. The Estate wouldn't want to have the same accusations levelled at themselves.

Don’t agree at all. The world is calling mj a paedo. Channel 4 and HBO are calling wade and James “victims” rather than “alleged victims”. And yet the mj Facebook page is posting “friendly Friday- here’s Michael with Freddie Mercury”. I mean wtf!! Like the other poster said, if they don’t want trolls or discussion, just turn the comments off. The Facebook page should let the 72 million MJ Facebook fans know that there’s another side to this and that these claims by wade and James are dodgy as hell. Loads of these fans are just being left alone to watch the tv trailers.

MJJ2theMAX;4242604 said:
Don’t agree at all. The world is calling mj a paedo. Channel 4 and HBO are calling wade and James “victims” rather than “alleged victims”. And yet the mj Facebook page is posting “friendly Friday- here’s Michael with Freddie Mercury”. I mean wtf!! Like the other poster said, if they don’t want trolls or discussion, just turn the comments off. The Facebook page should let the 72 million MJ Facebook fans know that there’s another side to this and that these claims by wade and James are dodgy as hell. Loads of these fans are just being left alone to watch the tv trailers.

WHY would you wanna inform 72 million peopel all at once that "In case you didn't know, there is this film coming up that will soon be on TV".....it would be absolutely IDIOTIC for them to post about it, even if mentioning the lawsuit. A lot of peple are still blissfully UNAWARE of the film...WHY would you want to let 72 MILLION PEOPLE know about it so that they would possibly tune in because "Hey I saw this on the MJ site"...Don't forget that a lot of people just skim and don't read that carefully so if it was on MJ's site they could possbly not really understand what it was all really about and would tune in to "see themselves" or tune in because "oh this is the film I saw on the MJ page" (whle forgetting it was negative but in their mind they remember seeing it). i'm GLAD if they haven't posted anything about it. It's a SMART MOVE.

Sorry for not having much faith in this panel. The mockumentary is a joke to begin with, should have never been a thing and now they're gonna have a panel too? Unless they have people with actual knowledge about things, people like us here, I expect very little good things to come out of that. But hey, we'll see, right?

This shit is basically Gavin Arvizo in 2005 telling his little tale in the court room, but now it's actually recorded and made into a "documentary". Lol.

So this panel is on VPRO?

uhm I think VPRO yes, is it the same as NOS? I'm from Belgium so I'm not sure if it's the same. It showed up on my TV guide.
This should definitely go to court too.

summer;4242606 said:
WHY would you wanna inform 72 million peopel all at once that "In case you didn't know, there is this film coming up that will soon be on TV".....it would be absolutely IDIOTIC for them to post about it, even if mentioning the lawsuit. A lot of peple are still blissfully UNAWARE of the film...WHY would you want to let 72 MILLION PEOPLE know about it so that they would possibly tune in because "Hey I saw this on the MJ site"...Don't forget that a lot of people just skim and don't read that carefully so if it was on MJ's site they could possbly not really understand what it was all really about and would tune in to "see themselves" or tune in because "oh this is the film I saw on the MJ page" (whle forgetting it was negative but in their mind they remember seeing it). i'm GLAD if they haven't posted anything about it. It's a SMART MOVE.

I see your point.

I’m in the UK and I can’t see many people in this country (particularly people who have enough of an interest in MJ to join his Facebook page) being unaware of this documentary. The adverts have started on channel 4 now and they’re playing straight after channel 4’s biggest shows. The Daily Mail online has run countless headline stories about mj being a paedo and that is one of (if not THE) top rated website in the uk.

To ignore the documentary and hope people don’t notice doesn’t make sense to me. Should Taj etc not mention the doc and not mention his gofundme page on twitter just incase there’s a couple of people living under a rock that aren’t aware of it?

We wait to see the impact of the documentary but we’ve already seen statues being taken down and JLOs MJ Motown tribute at the Grammys cancelled (Unless the stories about this cancellation were misleading). Putting our heads in the sand for the upcoming storm is a terrible idea in my opinion. You know channel 4 and HBO are calling Wade and James “victims” not even “alleged victims”. Have you seen how many people have already viewed this doc trailer on YouTube?

Last edited:

uhm I think VPRO yes, is it the same as NOS? I'm from Belgium so I'm not sure if it's the same. It showed up on my TV guide.
This should definitely go to court too.

It's been many many years that I watched cable or digital TV but I think they are the same yeah.

VPRO used to be something you can respect, programs that are worth watching and just decent stuff. They should be ashamed that they're airing this. They have already tweeted out how powerful it is, and yeah I'm sure it is if you have zero, zero knowledge about these two ridiculous liars. Do some fact checking on that VPRO and then tell me how credible the whole thing still is.

It would be very good if at least one person on that panel has that knowledge.

A Finnish tabloid just shared the "news" in its Facebook page that there are new victims who want to dig MJ from his grave to prove that he is guilty... There is now about 100 comments (in just one hour) under the post and about 95% of those are positive! Seems like we Finns are not so easy to fool :'D Most of the comments are like "Let the man finally rest in peace" and "Yeah right, why do they open their mouths now after MJ has been dead for 10 years?" I'm starting to believe that everything will be okay!

A Finnish tabloid just shared the "news" in its Facebook page that there are new victims who want to dig MJ from his grave to prove that he is guilty... There is now about 100 comments (in just one hour) under the post and about 95% of those are positive! Seems like we Finns are not so easy to fool :'D Most of the comments are like "Let the man finally rest in peace" and "Yeah right, why do they open their mouths now after MJ has been dead for 10 years?" I'm starting to believe that everything will be okay!

Just seen the same from The Mirror in the UK.....these pop up with me because of the cookies settings.

I'll not link it but here is a bit of the crap.....

Michael Jackson's body 'could be EXHUMED as 11 new accusers come forward'
It's been claimed the 'accusers' believe DNA samples will 'prove he abused prepubescent, disabled and terminally ill children over three decades'

Unreal!!!!

Yeah it's starting to look like people are just sick and tired of it. I was at my stepfather's place this evening and on TV there was the news about R Kelly and this made him bring MJ up for the first time. I said yeah I know all about it, and he just said "I just don't get it." and that was it. That to me says that people have woken up, it's indeed been ten years almost since his death and much much longer since the trial. All these sad individuals could have come forward then, but didn't. People are seeing that now and how ridiculous it is.

Imagine that the majority of people either don't tune in on HBO at all or become bored and tune off or actually see it for the ridiculous thing it is. Not only would it be a big fail for HBO but they will likely need to pay the estate too, oh man, lovely. And those vultures with their same old rehashed shit from years ago can go back to their holes already.

They are gonna know about it soon enough. Get in there first with the facts thats the most important thing or do nothing and all they hear is reeds "truth"

Just seen the same from The Mirror in the UK.....these pop up with me because of the cookies settings.

It's been claimed the 'accusers' believe DNA samples will 'prove he abused prepubescent, disabled and terminally ill children over three decades'

Unreal!!!!

Coming from radar ondine. Read the letter from estate about that

You know what is so messed up. There is AN ACTUAL VIDEO OF R KELLY HAVING SEX WITH A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL and I GUARANTEE MJ will be more villified without an ounce of evidence.

America is screwed up.

Same in France too , the vast majority of the comments are in favor of MJ , and channeml M6 has cancelled the airing .

11 new accusers? Who?
Robson, Safechuck, Jacobshagen? Who else?

Unreal!!!!

I know it's a tabloid and all but, you would think even for them there are limit. There is a line you don't cross. I really shouldn't even be surprised but for this kind of shit I just know they will burn in hell for this. Every worthless soul working at that company.

Coming from radar ondine. Read the letter from estate about that

Ah yes, I had forgotten it was them that came with it. After their photoshop of some photos a few years ago nobody should believe any article written by them. Seems to me they are actually worse than The Sun and Mirror. Truly insufferable people.

Hi hello i’m new here just trying to understand from all I seen and is going on I find it most shameful how some people are trying to tarnish vilify a man’s legacy guess that’s the Hollywood entertainment business for ya just look at it as ridiculous well long live MJ the media is a whole nother something else

Still waiting any declaration from MJ children.

You know what is so messed up. There is AN ACTUAL VIDEO OF R KELLY HAVING SEX WITH A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL and I GUARANTEE MJ will be more villified without an ounce of evidence.

America is screwed up.

Just like they used to say that there was proof with Michael? We know how the media is. I'll wait and see if there actually is a video before making judgement.

But I do agree with you that Michael will still have it worse.

Back