Could MJ's next album take over 10 years to make?

Well when mike had a contract, even though he delayed invincible 2 years, we knew that Sony was pushing him to get it complete. Right now, the only one pushing him to do anything is Mike himself.

we can't blame Sony then.man ,they wanted to make their living :unsure:

Exactly. Though 2003-2005 were definitely very difficult, it has been seven years since his last studio album. That is a fact as unfortunate as it is.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say.

Ahh, OK.

No, and when you see how great T25 and KOP sells it's as if he hasn't been away one single day!

Ahh, OK.

No, and when you see how great T25 and KOP sells it's as if he hasn't been away one single day!

Well people still buying MJ material for different reasons, lol. Like Maxxx said, that back catalog sells all the time, lol. It ain't shocking, lol.

Sure bad things happend, and sure Mike couldn't work on new stuff in that period. BUT no one can deny the fact that his last album was released in 2001 and now we are in 2008 = thus far 7 years has gone since his last release.

I know you couldn't count 2003-2005 (maybe even 2006) - but we have been waiting for 7 years for a new album.

Exactly. Though 2003-2005 were definitely very difficult, it has been seven years since his last studio album. That is a fact as unfortunate as it is.

pretty selfish......imo

Looks like it's gonna take that long. I seriously don't think it will be worth the wait either, I don't think he can ever do anything like Thriller/Bad again and I think 10 years to make an album is too long, I mean Britney's released 2 in the last 2 years. How long does it take?

pretty selfish......imo

I don't see why it is selfish!

The calender pretty much says it all, 7 years has gone since Vince! That some of them was troubled don't change the fact!

Not selfish - correct!

Looks like it's gonna take that long. I seriously don't think it will be worth the wait either, I don't think he can ever do anything like Thriller/Bad again and I think 10 years to make an album is too long, I mean Britney's released 2 in the last 2 years. How long does it take?

If you don't think it will be worth the wait, why are you waiting? I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to make a great album just like bad og dangerous!

And about britney, she is making music for today, not for the future!

Mike has always made timeless music, quality seems to be the difference! So why does it take so long, because he doesn't care if the album sells good today and is forgotten tommorow. He wants his music to live forever!

If you don't think it will be worth the wait, why are you waiting? I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to make a great album just like bad og dangerous!

And about britney, she is making music for today, not for the future!

Mike has always made timeless music, quality seems to be the difference! So why does it take so long, because he doesn't care if the album sells good today and is forgotten tommorow. He wants his music to live forever!

Well, I do want it obviously...but I just don't think it will be as good as something like Thriller for the time we have been waiting.

Britney's music still gets played all the time and it always will, she has ALOT of classics already.

Well, I do want it obviously...but I just don't think it will be as good as something like Thriller for the time we have been waiting.

Britney's music still gets played all the time and it always will, she has ALOT of classics already.

I don't agree with that! Her songs wont be played in 20 years! IMO.

I'm sure that it wont take that long .He's next album will release in 2009 or 2010.:dont_mention_it:

I'm predicting 2010. Late 2010. Sounds like a long wait, but hey, that's his style and that's how he does things. I'd love for it to come out sooner, but ultimately, I'm more interested in the music and how it's promoted than how soon it comes out. Naturally, I don't want him to wait too long, but 2009 or 2010 sound good.

I say 2009, that way it will be 4yrs since the trial, which gave us a fresh start

Whaaaa?? If it took 10 years I'd beat that album out of him!! :rofl: ok just joking!

I dont think it'll take that long, since he said "sooner then you (or they?) think"...and I dont think anyone is expecting to wait 10 years for that! :lol:

he is a perfeccionist but 10 years is just too long, even for him....maybe it will be 8 or 9 years since the last one, Invincible, but not 10 years of work on it....
Good Lord, I'd be seeing it with my kids! :D

Well, we are past 7 years now, so nothing would surprise me anymore. Besides there is still no indication of a possible release date, so probably it will be at least 8 years. Maybe he is waiting to release the album because he wants people to forget about the trial first.

Do you know what he should do? If he's having trouble finding a label right now, he should just make an MP3 cd, and sell it over the internet, so we can pay him by Pay PAL. As far as short films, he and a friend can tak a video camera, film it themselves, and put it on YouTube.

It's a different age. He should get with the times :D

but not spent working on project material, sporadically or otherwise.

Correct!!

Michael Jackson hasn't spent the last 7 years working on an album!!! - But 7 years has gone since his last release!

I'd say if economy picks up after the President's been elected, then a Spring 2009/Summer release will do. If not, then the 4th quarter of 2009.

I seriously doubt it will take longer then that.

I also believe we will get it next year! The latest up till christmas sale.

But hopefully a release early 2009.

I just realised, I'm not bothered anymore.

I'm predicting 2010. Late 2010. Sounds like a long wait, but hey, that's his style and that's how he does things. I'd love for it to come out sooner, but ultimately, I'm more interested in the music and how it's promoted than how soon it comes out. Naturally, I don't want him to wait too long, but 2009 or 2010 sound good.

That's true.. 2010 is realistic. 2009 isn't from what I've been told.

Anyone hoping for an album next year is only setting themselves up for disappointment. Sad, but true:(

Back