Daily Quotes

"Nurture your mind with great thoughts. - Benjamin Disraeli

"You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own..." - D.M. Dellinger

"Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration." - Evan Esar

"Giving up doesn't always mean your weak; sometimes it means you're strong enough to let go." - Unknown

"Tell me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will understand." - Confucius

"The unicorn lived in a lilac wood and she lived all alone. She was very old, though she did not know it, and she was no longer the careless color of sea foam, but rather the color of snow falling on a moonlit night. But her eyes were still clear and unwearied, and she still moved like a shadow on the sea." ~Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn.

"No one should judge what I've done with my life. Not unless they've been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." - Michael J. (1995

"Rather than wishing for change, you first must be prepared to change." - Catherine Pulsifer

"Nothing much happens without a dream. For something really great to happen, it takes a really great dream." - Robert Greenleaf

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. ~Henry David Thoreau

argh I want more... I love quotes... They carry so much wisdom...

My fave ones are:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Martin Luther King Jr.

"Darkness can not be driven out by darkness, only light can do that" M. L King

"Hate can not be driven out by hate, only love can do that" M.L. KING

exactly those quotes hang on my 'living room' wall along with the piccies of one of my HEROES :angel:

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward." - Thomas Edison

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." - Joseph Chilton Pearce

"Most of the shadows of life are caused by standing in our own sunshine." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think." - Dale Carnegie

"The achievements of an organisation are the results of the combined effort of each individual." - Vince Lombardi

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

"Good things happen to those who hustle." -Anais Nin

"Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - John F. Kennedy

"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Sometimes it is not good enough to do your best; you have to do what's required." - Winston Churchill

"Try not to be a man of success, but a man of value." - Albert Einstein

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." - Albert Einstein

"All great achievements require time." - Maya Angelou

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." - George Washington Carver

"Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail." - Charles F. Kettering

"When a goal matters enough to a person, that person will find a way to accomplish what at first seemed impossible." - Nido Qubein

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

?"The time you spent not growing up as you kept possibilities hidden in your heart proved useful to me. However, that's all over now. The path you must take is not prepared for you. Now, graduate from this place." ~Akio Ohtori, to Mikage Souji. Revolutionary Girl Utena, Episode 23.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

"Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." - Mark Twain

"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela

"We're all capable if we have faith and passion." - Yanni

"I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure." - Mae West

"We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be." - May Sarton

"When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves." - William Arthur Ward

"If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." - Steve Jobs

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” - Steve Jobs

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

You always reap what you sow; there is no shortcut." - Stephen Covey

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." - Franklin Roosevelt

claudiadoina;3507019 said:
Shirley Temple Black:

I stopped believing in Santa Claus at age six when my mother took me to see him in a store and he asked for my autograph.

LOL

Shirley > :wub:

"Be silent,if you choose; but when it is necessary, speak — and speak in such away that people remember it" Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. Mother Teresa.

"When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too." - Paulo Coelho

"Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet." - Aristotle

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact." - William James

"The greatest happiness is to transform one's feelings into action." - Madame de Stael

"Remember that you are unique. If that is not fulfilled, then something wonderful has been lost." - Martha Graham

"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy?" ~Marquis de Sade

Two things are endless: the universe and human foolishness, in doing so i'm still not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

There are no big discoveries and progress as long as there is still one unhappy child on earth. - Albert Einstein

The world isn't threatend by those who are evil, but by those who authorize the evil. - Albert Einstein

“Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.” ~William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -confucius-

A human asks god:"Why don't you sent someone to save the world?"
Answer: "That's what I did - you!" - author unknown-

Time is just a construction of consciousness, it isn't real. - prince-

They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom. - confucius-

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. -confucius-

You must be the change you want to see in the world! - Mahatma Ghandi-

Back