Daily Quotes

Wouldn't it be great if people could get to live suddenly as often as they die suddenly?
~ Katharine Hepburn

.....There is often less danger in the things we fear than in the things we desire.

True. I usually desire dangerous things. ?

With that said, have one.

"She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo... Lee... Ta. "
~Humbert Humbert, from Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita.

I love that quote with every fibre of my being. I often use it, except I replace Lo's name with that of my beloved. ?

Love is the great and marvellous power that can effectively root out all evil in man and transform him and make him godly.

Swami Chidananda.

“Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.” - Michael Jackson

"Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different? "
C.S Lewis

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. "
Winston S. Churchill

Last edited:
julia95;3606575 said:
“Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.” - Michael Jackson
i love this one and not just because it's a quote from our michael.but because it's beautiful.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Mahatma Gandhi

Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
Thomas Jefferson

"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep."- Cinderella

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." - Paulo Coelho

"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." -Paulo Coelho

"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." - Paulo Coelho

Don't be afraid
To know who you are
You are much more
Than you ever imagined

Michael Jackson

“When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality.”
― Hélder Câmara

“Lord, I specially care for those who are very logical, pragmatic and realistic; the ones who get impatient of those who believe in the little blue horse.”
Don Helder Camara

A white man said, "Colored people are not allowed here."
The black man turned around and stood up. He then said:
"Listen sir....when I was born I was BLACK "
"When I grew up I was BLACK, "
"When I'm sick I'm BLACK, "
"When I go in the sun I'm BLACK, "
"When I'm cold I'm BLACK, "
"When I die I'll be BLACK."
"But you sir."
"When you are born you're PINK".
"When you grow up you're WHITE, "
"When you're sick, you're GREEN, "
"When you go in the sun you turn RED, "
"When you're cold you turn BLUE, "
"And when you die you turn PURPLE.
"And you have the nerve to call me colored?"
The black man then sat back down and the white man walked away..

author unknown

You don't need anybody that does not need you. Focus on those who truly appreciate you & get rid of those who don't. -@LostWords

Decisions are the hardest move to make, especially when it's a choice between where you should be and where you want to be.

It’s not about who hurt you and broke you down. It’s about who was always there and made you smile again.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. - John Barrymore

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. -Mother Teresa

Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it. - Henry David Thoreau

"They told me that they can understand the man I am, so why are we, talking to each other again??" - Brueno Mars

"People change & things go wrong but always remember life goes on" - Lostone

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
Maya Angelou

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. - Ayn Rand

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. - William James

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. - Wayne Dyer

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. - Norman Vincent Peale

I don't know who's there are from, but...

"Do you think in the future you are going to be happy or that you are happy?"

"Sad things need to happen, so that there is opportunity for good things to happen."

"When you don't say to yourself what you are, you are free to change."

Hope is stronger than fear. - The Hunger Games

Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met. - Autor unknown

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them - Dalai Lama

P.S. Huge props 2 Julia for all the amazing quotes in here - couldn't give you all the rep points i wanted lol. Everyone contributing here is awesome :)

Last edited:
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
- George Bernard Shaw

A baby is God's opinion that life should go on.
- Carl Sandburg

Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
- William James

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Don't go through life, grow through life.
- Eric Butterworth

P.S. Huge props 2 Julia for all the amazing quotes in here - couldn't give you all the rep points i wanted lol. Everyone contributing here is awesome :)

Thank you so much . I was so glad when I read this :huggy:

I didn't know this one!!! mmm interesting.... I waste a lot of time... but I enjoy it!... now I feel better haha, thanks Zhelva!!! .. and thanks John Lennon :clapping:

“Wait!" he yelled.
I didn't turn around, I walked faster. Then I heard him slam his fist on the hood of his car. I almost stopped.
Maybe I would have if he'd followed me. But he didn't. He got in his car and he left, just like he said he would.” ― Jenny Han, It's Not Summer Without You

I understand why you left. But what I don't understand, is why i'm still waiting. ― unknown.​

Last edited:
I received the notification of my email that you posted a quote, but the quote was "Its Hard when someone special ignores you, but its even harder pretending that you just don't care. - unknown" it made me cry, this is so true and hurtful. Thank You, mmm I can't see the quote, but thank you anyway paradise_bliss

julia95;3637758 said:
Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it. - Henry David Thoreau

I strongly disagree!! I call mosquitos to the stand. :lmao:

And now...

Allison Gappa Bottke
Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns!

Anais Nin
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.

Andre Gide
It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.

Aristotle
A friend to all is a friend to none.

Benjamin Frankilin
Idleness and pride tax with heavier hand than kings and governments.

Who is wise? He that learns from everyone. Who is powerful? He that governs his passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody.

Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. (1 Peter 4:8-9)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, Goodness, Self control. (Galatians 5:22, 23)
Unto the pure all things are pure. (Titus 1:15)
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:35)

Back