Daily Quotes

Interesting quotes on ignorance:

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” Socrates

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King Jr.

“Ignorance is not bliss; it is oblivion.” Philip Wylie

Barbra Delinsky
Intelligence is like a river, the deeper it is the less noise it makes

Barbara Johnson
Never let a problem to be solved become more important than the person to be loved.

Bernard M. Baruch
Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.

Bertrand Russell
To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

•With true love it's like seeing ghosts: everyone talks about it, but few have ever seen it. - Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld

•Absence makes the heart grow fonder.- Sextus Propertius

Blaise Pascal

All of our reasoning ends in surrender to feeling

Atheism shows strength of mind, but only to a certain degree.

As men are not able to fight against death, misery, ignorance , they have taken it into their heads, in order to be happy, not to think of them at all.

Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then without hesitation, that He exists.

Between us and heaven or hell there is only life, which is the frailest thing in the world

You treat me good, I'll treat you better. You treat me bad, I'll treat you worse. - Sonny Barger

"Sure, in its way. Probably we'll wait years before everyone agrees on how to solve this thing. So many interests are involved. But it's too frustrating waiting for improvements tomorrow. Your heart wanted to have its say now." - Michael Jackson , Enough for Today

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
― Mother Teresa

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
― Lao Tzu

Last edited:
"If chimpanzees have consciousness, if they are capable of abstractions, do they not have what until now has been described as 'human rights'? How smart does a chimpanzee have to be before killing one constitutes murder?"
Carl Sagan

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'! ~ Audrey Hepburn

"Life laughs at you when you are unhappy and smiles at you when you are happy. But life salutes you when you make others happy."

thedailyquotes-funny_4656772107536760.jpg

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. ~ J. K. Rowling

I’ve spent most of my life walking under that hovering cloud, jealousy, whose acid raindrops blurred my vision and burned holes in my heart. Once I learned to use the umbrella of confidence, the skies cleared up for me and the sunshine called joy became my faithful companion. ~ Astrid Alauda

Check some best collection of Jealousy Quotes and much more quotes on different topics at QuotesDNA, Which is a Ocean of Quotes and Messages.

“Man naturally desires, not only to be loved, but to be lovely; or to be that thing which is the natural and proper object of love.”
- Adam Smith

''Me fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball. But tonight I saw we must move forward, not backward, not upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom'' - Kang

Overthinking is the biggest cause of our unhappiness.
Keep yourself occupied.
Keep your mind off things that don’t help you.
Think positive

Two of my favorite quotes ever:

jfkhelpsave.jpg

need_vs_greed.png

^Although I've also found this being attributed to Frank Buchman as well.

Time now for three awesome quotes from that favorite dork o'mine, called............Michael :D

hkn.jpg

wounded.jpg

onlyif.jpg

Be careful when trying to fix a broken person, you may cut yourself on their shattered pieces

Carl Sagan’s Pale Blue Dot, Animated in Motion Graphics

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EgAnh8OB83U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

via Brainpickings

&#8220;Make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, until bit by bit the walls of the ego recede, and your life becomes increasingly merged in the universal life. An individual human existence should be like a river &#8212; small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately past rocks and over waterfalls. Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly, and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being.&#8221;
&#8211; Bertrand Russell in his essay &#8220;How to Grow Old&#8221;

https://www.brainpickings.org/2018/07/03/how-to-grow-old-bertrand-russell/

Beware the wrath of great, patient men!!!

Small minds can't comprehend big spirits. To be great, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated and misunderstood.
087d13c6a49f60f12f4430cb312ad633.jpg

Beware the fury of a patient man.
beware.jpg

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4280816 said:
“Make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, until bit by bit the walls of the ego recede, and your life becomes increasingly merged in the universal life. An individual human existence should be like a river — small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately past rocks and over waterfalls. Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly, and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being.”
– Bertrand Russell in his essay “How to Grow Old”

https://www.brainpickings.org/2018/07/03/how-to-grow-old-bertrand-russell/
Beautiful

The greatest evils in the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks - C.S.Lewis

C-S-Lewis-quote-the-greatest-evils.jpg

.....unless we're talking about the most horrible of evils, crimes against children, which tragically are the doing of far too many monsters, not only those in suits

&#8220;[&#8230;] in spite of the deep-seated craving for love, almost everything else is considered to be more important than love: success, prestige, money, power &#8212; almost all our energy is used for the learning of how to achieve these aims, and almost none to learn the art of loving.&#8221; &#8211; Erich Fromm, The Art of Loving

https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/10/29/the-art-of-loving-erich-fromm/

Happy Valentine&#8217;s Day :)

&#8220;In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered. For thought is a bird of space, that in a cage of words may indeed unfold its wings but cannot fly.&#8221;
&#8211; Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

Back