Dame Elizabeth Taylor passes away at 79 / Elizabeth Taylor Laid to Rest at Forest Lawn

Re: Dame Elizabeth Taylor passes away at 79

I heard this when I was out somewhere, and my heart just dropped. I couldn't believe it...
Rest in Peace Liz, you will be missed.

I can't look at the photos of MJ and Liz together. Dunno about you guys but for me those pics really remind me how two of the most talented people have left us. It's crazy to think we really are in an era where there is no MJ or liz.. I don't why the impact is so hard, but it really is. RIP.

Hugs to all the fellow fans here.
It's been a long and sad day for the community.
May we see better days.

My heart goes to Elizabeth's family, but also to those 3 wonderful kids who had the chance to live so much by her side. Prince, Blanket, Paris... be strong. Both dady and his best friend now rest in peace.

Such a sad day :cry:

:cry:

I was reminded of the sweet words of Madonna to Liz in 1996:

[youtube]vcpPYai-2vU[/youtube]

:heart:

Beutiful indeed.
Yes... it's really hard to see both MJ and Liz together, shinning, happy, fresh.... death is horrible. Horrible :(

God bless you Elizabeth for always being there for our Michael--may you both meet again today and continue what you had here on earth in Heaven.

I got news of this this morning while checking stuff on my phone and saw the Yahoo headline. I literally dropped my phone. I know she'd been in the hospital a long time, and I've kept her in my prayers, but it's still shocking to hear of this news. Still shocked and sad. Goodnight sweet Elizabeth. You're such a wonderful person and icon. I loved reading your Tweets. I'm somewhat happy that at least you and Michael can finally be together again. RIP Elizabeth Taylor. Thanks for being the best friend Michael ever had. :cry:

My friend just made a beautiful comment: "I hope they are having super soaker fights up there! Next time it rains we know what they're up to!"

It's a beautiful thought...from now on I will smile whenever it rains

I knew that Liz would leave us soon. What I didn't know was that it was going to hurt so much. I have been tearing all day. Reminds me when Michael died. The news has been all about Liz all day and they show so many clips of her as a child and of her with Michael. The world just got even darker with Liz gone. RIP Liz.

I can't look at the photos of MJ and Liz together. Dunno about you guys but for me those pics really remind me how two of the most talented people have left us. It's crazy to think we really are in an era where there is no MJ or liz.. I don't why the impact is so hard, but it really is. RIP.

Same here..

..just speechless and heartbroken, as if it wasn't enough that Michael is gone...

tumblr_lij606Jmmu1qflepdo1_1280.jpg

“Elizabeth Taylor is very childlike. There’s nothing that you can do when she’ll say, “I don’t want to do that.” When Bug’s Life came out, she bugged me over and over to fix my schedule so we could see the cartoon. So we had to go to a public theater at about 1:00 o’clock. She makes me go out every Thursday because she says I’m too reclusive. Everybody’s at work, so there’s no one there and we never pay… we come with nothing and they always say, “Oh, my God, Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson.” We get free popcorn, everything. She loved Bug’s Life and loves Neverland. She’ll go on the carousel and the Ferris wheel, but not the scary rides.
There are other childlike qualities of Elizabeth Taylor. She was in Jane Eyre around eight or nine. Our fathers were very much alike, tough, hard, brutal. She’s playful and youthful and happy and finds a way to laugh and giggle even when she’s in pain. She’s ready to play any game, go swimming. She’s very good with children. She loves toys and cartoons. I get to learn so much from her. She’ll tell me about James Dean and Clark Gable and Spencer Tracey and Montgomery Clift, because she did movies with all these people. She tells me what they were really like, the ones who were nice people and the ones that weren’t.
We were in Singapore—she came on most of the Dangerous tour with me—and we decided we wanted to go to the zoo. And we hung out and had our own private tour and we had fun. She’s Prince and Paris’s godmother and Macaulay’s their godfather. She’s just retained that little girl quality. That little child you see in Jane Eyre and Lassie Come Home, that’s still in there. It’s in her eyes. She has this glow like a child. It’s so sweet.” - Michael Jackson
http://mjjnews.tumblr.com/post/4051968319/workingdayandnight-elizabeth-taylor-is-very

:heart:

Found out bout this today and i was hoping, praying that she would be ok . But im thankful that michael will be with her and they will together forever in god's heavenly land.

WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL & LIZ! WE MISS YOU BOTH ALWAYS! :heart: :cry:

PCR;3309730 said:
I just saw the official statement at MJ's website.

True words. Sad day, no question :no:

Here http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/ne...tress-and-long-lasting-friend-michael-jackson

(hope it is not already posted... I haven't checked the whole thread again).

"I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together…I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've ever known. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.' And, I will love HIM forever."

Tweets from Rebbie Jackson kids:
http://twitter.com/YashiBrown
YashiBrown Yashi Brown
RIP Elizabeth. An iconic example of an icon from our "Golden Era". This woman help put motion picture on the map. . to me.
7 hours ago

http://twitter.com/realaustinbrown
RealAustinBrown Austin Brown
So sad to hear about the death of Elizabeth Taylor. She was such a legend and even more of a sweet lady honored to have spent time with her.
4 hours ago

I was very sad to see that Liz had passed on. At least she is no longer suffering..RIP.

Are you serious with the negatives? :puke:

+1

I read Taraborelli's The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story: 1958-2009, and he spoke about how Elizabeth fought for Michael's innocence. Elizabeth thought that no one was doing enough to defend Michael, so she immediately gathered all of Michael's team to her house and planned what to do. One of the guys in the group was mocking Elizabeth, so she was like, "Y'know what?! I'm going to write your name down and tell the boss!" - or something of that extent, so that guy just sank in his chair and shut up. LOL.

My earliest memories of Liz is when she appeared with Michael in the Oprah interview. I remember thinking, what a great friend - as young as I was.

I think Madonna needs to fit Liz in her Vogue rap part now, yknow?: "Grace Kelly, Harlow, Jean - picture of a beauty queen....."

just ignore the ignorant post from darth sidius, just report it like i did.

she did a lot to help with the aids problem and was a tremendous actress and will always to me be one of the most beautiful and pretty women to ever grace the planet.

rip liz x

A great screen legend with charm and wit.
You'll be missed a great deal Ms. Taylor. Rest in peace my dear.

Do not even THINK about insulting Elizabeth.

And now the missing begins. Funny how those who has always lead their strength, shown us the way and whose stars burn brightest we take for granted. We believe they will remain among us forever.

I wish you a safe and peaceful journey into the arms of Our Father who loves us best.

RIP Liz

Elizabeth Taylor will be laid to rest at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, next to her mother and father.

0323-elizabeth-taylor-tomb-ramey3-credit.jpg

The crypt -- close to Marilyn Monroe's -- is next to those of her parents, Francis and Sara.

The cemetery is filled with stars, including Natalie Wood, Roy Orbison, Farrah Fawcett, Dean Martin, Merv Griffin and Truman Capote.

Liz Taylor and Michael Jackson: reunited in heaven?

(AFP) – 5 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — "I don?t think anyone knew how much we loved each other," Elizabeth Taylor said after Michael Jackson's 2009 death, reflecting the intense -- if perhaps unlikely -- bond between the pair.

Taylor and Jackson shared a key formative experience in common: they were both child stars who arguably missed out on a proper childhood.

The pop icon and Hollywood legend were at times inseparable, with homes near each other in the plush Bel Air and Beverly Hills neighborhoods west of Hollywood.

After Taylor's death Wednesday at the age of 79, the blogosphere was alive with talk of them being reunited in heaven.

"She is probably up in heaven right now, going monkey shopping with Michael Jackson," said one blogger, referring to infamously eccentric stories from Jackson's life.

Taylor, who died of complications from congestive heart failure in the Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, was knocked sideways by Jackson's untimely death aged 50 in June 2009.

Tabloid reports suggested she was hospitalized with grief, apparently confirmed when she said via Twitter: "I'm home from the hospital sore, but intact. Of course I'm still grieving for Michael... I always will."

"My heart... my mind... are broken," she said. "I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together."

Their friendship began in the 1980s when Taylor abruptly walked out of a Jackson concert in Los Angeles complaining that she could not see the performance or hear the music, according to news reports of the time.

Jackson called Taylor afterwards in tears, reports said at the time, but once she explained the reason for her exit the pair got talking, and it developed from there.

"Then we met, and spent more and more time with each other, and just became really good friends. Told each other everything," Taylor said in a 2006 interview, cited by Fox News.

They were united notably by what Taylor called "horrible" childhoods, blighted by having become celebrities at a young age.

Despite their 27-year age gap the pair were regularly pictured together, including at AIDS charity events which Taylor organized, and on red carpets in Hollywood and around the world.

The Oscar-winning actress, arguably the last great star of Hollywood's golden era, is even credited by some as having first called Jackson the "King of Pop."

Taylor later defended Jackson from child molestation charges, explaining that she too had spent nights with him at his Neverland ranch, without anything untoward happening.

"There was nothing abnormal about it. There was no touchy-feely going on. We laughed like children, and we watched a lot of Walt Disney. There was nothing odd about it," Taylor said, according to Fox News.

Some say the actress, long dogged by health woes, never properly recovered after Jackson's death two years ago.

"He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough. My life feels so empty," she said at the time, calling his friendship "the purest most giving love I've ever known."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.1bed7bf56d1bddc51b81fb97f712de0b.5a1

I honestly have no words. I found out just as I was leaving for work this morning a little after 9. I had to be at work within ten minutes and was rushing to leave and I happened to glance at the tv, seeing the TODAY show on and it had her image on it with the headline of her passing. I stopped and the first thing that I said, "NO. NO." It was mind numbing and I couldn't...I can't believe it. So I spent most of the day trying not to think about it because I would tear up. She was always an inspiration to me as an artist and as a human being; and I will no doubt miss her forever and I have to believe that where ever they are that she and Michael are together again.

THANK YOU DAME ELIZABETH! THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR MICHAEL AND LOVING HIM FOR WHO HE IS/WAS AND NOT TREATING HIM AS A COMMODITY! THANK YOU FOR LOVING HIM BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW HE LOVE/LOVED YOU INFINITELY! YOUR GRACE AND YOUR ESSENCE IS/WAS ONE OF A KIND AND IS ONE THAT IS SO SEVERELY LACKING IN THE WORLD NOW...THANK YOU ELIZABETH...THANK YOU!

Wendy has been reunited with her Peter Pan... **sighs**

L.O.V.E. to her family and to Prince, Paris, and little Blanket.

Back