Dame Elizabeth Taylor passes away at 79 / Elizabeth Taylor Laid to Rest at Forest Lawn

Im not sure if this has been posted, but this is one of the last pictures of Liz at her birthday, in January 11.
848487_elizabeth-taylor-herecka-smrt-oslava-narodeniny-marec2011.jpg

Elizabeth's birthday was on Feb 27th which she celebrated in hospital by watching the Academy Awards.

http://lisaburks.typepad.com/gravehunting/2011/03/elizabethtaylor.html

After all was said and done, Dame Elizabeth was laid to rest in a very private ceremony, Los Angeles sister news stations KCAL9 and KCBS2 reported that she was entombed beneath the statue of an angel (or in its base), also described as a "soaring Michelangelo angel." (Original source re: beneath the statue was Dame Elizabeth's publicist, Sally Morrison.)
6a00d83454de4669e20147e373eee1970b-450wi

The only angel I know of that would be Dame worthy on Memorial Terrace and anywhere else inside the GM is the mighty "In Memoria" - located in the Hall of Memory, facing down Cathedral Corridor where she's been greeting visitors on their way to the infamous Last Supper Stained Glass Window since 1931. Standing 15 feet tall on its base (the statue itself is a tad over 10 feet high) "In Memoria" is mesmerizing, just like Dame Elizabeth. I have to admit that in all the years I've studied the GM, I never once thought of it as being an entombment spot, and most every seasoned grave hunter I've spoken to couldn't figure it out either when we first heard the news tonight. But as we've come to realize, the GM holds many twists, turns and surprises within her immortal walls.
6a00d83454de4669e20147e373b9d1970b-450wi

Will Dame Elizabeth's name and epitaph eventually appear on one of them or on the base? I'm guessing yes. Time will tell. It is interesting to note that she chose a location that is accessible to the public. Back in the day when Memorial Terrace was first opened, you had to get tickets to see the Last Supper window show because it was so popular. Don't be surprised if its popularity rises again.
6a00d83454de4669e2014e86f3e2d5970d-450wi

[According to every Michael Jackson fan I talked to (or read online) their sorrow for the loss of his unquestionably best friend was comforted by the fact that the two will now rest together forever in immortality in the same structure, albiet on different terraces. His fans continue to show their devotion with pilgrimage to Forest Lawn and from what I've heard Dame Elizabeth will get from them the same royal treatment and respect. Rest well, Dame Elizabeth.
6a00d83454de4669e2014e6018fc7b970c-450wi

I don't know what her original plans were to be buried but it's nice to see that she chose Forest Lawn and be close to Michael. If people questioned if their friendship was real well there is no proof than this to show how close they were. Everytime people mention where she was buried they mention that her close friend Michael is there too. She was loyal and loving towards Michael till the very end.

Someone told me at work that she died. It was not a surprise as it had been a long time she was ill.

RIP

I came home on Wednesday when my mom broke the news to me. :( So sad but I know Michael will there to guide her. He'll be there for her and these were my immediate thoughts as soon as I found out.

RIP Elizabeth. Michael, you now have your best friend to keep you company. I know you both are going to be just fine. :cry: Be in peace together to both of you lovely individuals. This is so sad. We just keep losing great people everyday now.

I can't even read this thread and I can't bear seeing her on the news because it makes me so sad. Michael's passing was so hard to deal with. I don't wanna feel that sort of pain again.

It's very, very sad, not only because she's gone and we remember her as the great star she was and as the better human being she was also was... but her disapperance brings us memories of her true friendship and support to "our" beloved Michael, making her passing even more painful...

Janet makes a statment about Elizabeth's passing... Janet is also an advocate for HIV/AIDS. "Together Again" was written for people who died of HIV/AIDS.

http://twitter.com/janetjackson

JanetJackson Janet Jackson
work and passion in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
7 hours ago

JanetJackson Janet Jackson
I join amfAR in sending condolences to Elizabeth Taylor's family and in paying tribute to her extraordinary leadership,
7 hours ago

It's incredibly beautiful and she deserves it, I'm glad that Michael was able to get to know a person like Elizabeth someone who was not into backstabbing him, someone who did not fool him, someone who did not use and abuse him for money unlike many others, including his own. Elizabeth's proven time after time her loyalty to Michael, and even in death she proved it once and for all. Michael and Elizabeth are together now, I know that they are. Both of them should Rest in Peace

I hate showing something sad. But.. she's in her own sad world at 4:36 , while people talks

yeah she looks like she went into her own world at that time.. RIP Liz... Take care of MJ up there!

:(.... Wow... So sad seeing her this crushed. The comfort is that she doesn't have to grieve anymore. .. .Makes me appreciate her even more. She truly cared about Michael from her soul like a mother would. ...

*rushes to exit thread/*

:(.... Wow... So sad seeing her this crushed. The comfort is that she doesn't have to grieve anymore. .. .Makes me appreciate her even more. She truly cared about Michael from her soul like a mother would. ...

*rushes to exit thread/*

yes she did truly care.. you can see it all over her body and the pain in her eyes.

Did you guys here from that video when the reporter guy said, 'the Jackson family does not know subtle....?' I swear i thought the same thing when this whole thing was going down, I was like 'where is the privacy?' they can't have thought michal would appreciate that!

It's been a week and I still can't believe she's gone! I used to read her twitter and was waiting for more tweets from her :(. She sounded very nice...

It's been a week and I still can't believe she's gone! I used to read her twitter and was waiting for more tweets from her :(. She sounded very nice...

I know. Just like Michael's death, it's too surreal.

I loved to read her tweets. She seems to be such a beautiful person.

Btw, that's a beautiful statue.

Did you guys here from that video when the reporter guy said, 'the Jackson family does not know subtle....?' I swear i thought the same thing when this whole thing was going down, I was like 'where is the privacy?' they can't have thought michal would appreciate that!

The feed cut off once MJ casket arrived.

The feed cut off once MJ casket arrived.

Uhm, I'm very much aware of that. The point was that they did the whole production thing with the memorial, I would've thought that they would then opt to keep their private service PRIVATE' case in point, Elizabeth Taylors PRIVATE funeral.

Uhm, I'm very much aware of that. The point was that they did the whole production thing with the memorial, I would've thought that they would then opt to keep their private service PRIVATE' case in point, Elizabeth Taylors PRIVATE funeral.

At the TIME the reporter made that statement... Everyone thought the whole service would be televised.. I'm sure if he knew they were gonna cut the feed once the casket arrived, he wouldn't have said that. They were generous enough to show a feed of everyone arriving instead of having 3000 media trying to get footage of the service and people arriving. Also they had a private service before the service in Sep. Liz's family was smart to have the tents, but that was also the only service they had for her and it was the day after she died. It's two different senarios.
---------------------------------------------

I clicked the link a few pages back that "guessed" where she was entombed. Was that confirmed that she is in that part or is she in another area??

I am still completely heartbroken. Her death has refreshed the pain of losing Michael. I prayed that this wouldn't happen when I first began to hear reports that she was in the hospital. She has survived so much and fought for so long. She and Michael had the same kind of spirit and connection. That is why it lasted so long. I know that she had heart problems, but I know that she missed Michael tremendously and her heart ached for the lost of him. They will now be together forever, holding hands and getting reaquainted in that heavenly place where there is no sickness, suffering or pain.

Rest in PEACE, lovely Elizabeth. :boohoo:

PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT - TRANSCRIPTS

This is PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT.

MORGAN: Good evening. Elizabeth Taylor did everything in life her way and her final farewell was no different. The star gave instructions she was to be fashionably late for her own funeral, exactly 15 minutes to be precise. And she was laid to rest near her good friend, Michael Jackson.

The one-hour service included a poetry reading by actor Colin Farrell. Also among the mourners was Victoria Brynner who's known Elizabeth all her life, and she joins me now.

MORGAN: And she also chose to be buried quite near to Michael Jackson. They were obviously very good friends. I once interviewed Michael Jackson, actually, and he told me about his friendship with Elizabeth and said how they used to dress up in disguise and go off to movie theaters and watch movies together.

EBER: I know they did a lot of silly stuff, Elizabeth and Michael, absolutely. Like two children because you know -- I mean, she talked about it, he talked about it. They didn't really have a childhood. So they had fun being adult children, actually. And they did a lot of stuff together that nobody knew they did.

MORGAN: Jose Eber, was also at yesterday's funeral. He's known Elizabeth Taylor for 30 years. He was her hairdresser, a best man at her 8th wedding to Larry Fortensky. Jose joins me now.

MORGAN: Yes. I want to play you, Jose, a clip from the ABC special for her 65th birthday, which starred Michael Jackson.

(VIDEO CLIP FROM ABC)

MORGAN: It was an amazing night. I mean she was suffering --

EBER: We love -- she loved -- she loved that song. She loved that song. I mean, I remember a friend of mine when Michael Jackson passed, a friend of mine sent me this CD from Europe actually, and I don't know how he got hold of it, but he did send it to me. And I gave it to her, and she kept listening to that song, loved it. Cried each time she listened to it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/25/pmt.01.html

looks like they are laid to rest in a similar location in different terraces

Elizabeth
Memorial Terrace -The flowers on the floor was her casket spray ... same colors as Michael for the funeral ...

angel+statue+tomb+flowers+casket.JPG

Facing the Memorial Court of Honor with the curtained Last Supper Window
67312270_130131891118.jpg

67312270_130131872383.jpg

Main corridor entrance from Memorial Terrace
67312270_130131877076.jpg

Michael
Holly Terrace 2010 Anniversary
38746353_129860831194.jpg

Flowers from fans
38746353_127493319497.jpg

Holly Terrace Ascension corridor
38746353_127052029941.jpg

38746353_127052022686.jpg

38746353_127052019027.jpg

At the TIME the reporter made that statement... Everyone thought the whole service would be televised.. I'm sure if he knew they were gonna cut the feed once the casket arrived, he wouldn't have said that. They were generous enough to show a feed of everyone arriving instead of having 3000 media trying to get footage of the service and people arriving. Also they had a private service before the service in Sep. Liz's family was smart to have the tents, but that was also the only service they had for her and it was the day after she died. It's two different senarios.
---------------------------------------------

Bottomline there was no need to air even a portion of that service, for a man that valued his privacy and that of his children, you would think his family would act accordingly.

Anyway, those pictures posted of inside the Terraces are simply beautiful.

Well I appreciate being able to see a portion of Michael's service and the family does not need to answer to fans or consult how other celebrities handle their services.

I hate showing something sad. But.. she's in her own sad world at 4:36 , while people talks

That's because she was one of the one's who was genuinely sad that day among those people who weren't family members. Shit, there was a lot of people who were there who shouldn't have been there. Some were texting, laughing, chatting away. Some of those people weren't even close to Michael. Not naming names, they know who they are.

I think where Liz is buried is beautiful but I *really really* wished that Liz and Michael were buried side by side. Together. Because if there is one person who deserves to be buried next to him it's Elizabeth. And vise versa. I don't know, I wish they were both buried under that angel statue. Michael's resting place doesn't resemble what the man was like when he was living. No statues. No cherubs. Not even his name is printed. It's sad and disrespectful unless that Forest Lawns rule or something. I think Michael should have a big memorial monument like Jimi Hendrix, something that resembled his greatness. But anyway...

May Liz and Michael RIP. The world is a sadder place with both of them being gone.

Why isn't his name printed? She was a true friend and I am glad she is close by to him.

Back