Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

Re: Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen?

Bad tour is different story. But to be honest I can't see that as well. You could blame lack of multitrack for LA and fans demand for Wembley, if that helps.
They should have Dangerous tour. If they don't have any concerts then what in the world was worth that huge money that went for digitizing last year?

They should have Dangerous Tour, but why not Bad Tour? Wouldn't they have been stored the same? I'd love to know why so much was spent on digitalising. If they really don't have a lot, it must be an expensive process!

I have to agree with dam2040 on this. Yeah, we're loyal fans. But we're greedy. Fans expect above and beyond for Michael's posthumous releases and complain when they don't get what they want. Sure, we can all be a little disappointed at Bad 25 because of the Wembley DVD's quality, but we shouldn't be disappointed that we got "only" six songs.

To be honest it all depends how we look at it, really. I can say that i absolutely love the whole Bad25 movement and everything that came with it. I still don't buy the " we are too greedy " stuff and " We don't deserve much " mentality. Is it really to much to ask for a full lenght Michael Jackson CD? Free from remixes and what not? Queen fans gets this, Elvis fans gets this, 2pac fans gets this. Why can't we? Don't give me that " there are not enough releasable material " The man himself said that he recorded over a 100 songs for each album and there is evidence to back that. If some would argue that the songs are not in a finish state then take a look at "I'm So Blue". That is a " Demo ".

I went abit off topic im sorry but the fact is we only want to hear the man's music. Given that they release a posthumus album every 2-3 years, releasing 6-10 songs per album is a bit extreme if you ask me.

They should have Dangerous Tour, but why not Bad Tour? Wouldn't they have been stored the same? I'd love to know why so much was spent on digitalising. If they really don't have a lot, it must be an expensive process!

In such case to me The Estate isn't capable of being "The Estate" if they don't have a damn concert. I better watch nothing next time than make my eyes bleed with crappy VHS. If VHS is really all they have they shouldn't release it like that in future unless they get a hold of master.

All the things mentioned regarding footage were put out when Michael was here. The Estate might have NO idea where all this is. Would they have released Wembley if they had LA? Can't see it myself.
I'm sure they have L.A. The One dvd that has HQ Bad Tour L.A footage was released in 2000's so I don't believe that they have lost them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_(video)

They have definately more songs than just 5. They could easily stick 10 there. they just don't do that because they want to squeeze out couple of songs for more future releases for next 50 years lol. As for concerts, I don't buy VHS, Wembley was exception in this case and quite understandable this time. The next DVD better look just as good as Bucharest or I won't buy it, as for Blu-Ray, I don't even hope for such gift of God anymore lol, I think only possible concert BR of MJ that could ever be released is crappy Munich '97 concert. And even audio which wasn't recorded on multitracks can be good enough, it all depends on the recording itself, mastering, enhancing etc, it can be good stereo afterall. They definately have masters of good amount of Dangerous tour concerts which look just as good as Bucharest DVD (check out all the snippets from Dangerous Short Films, WYBT Free Willy version, and Bucharest DVD which has parts of Wembley and Munich and maybe some other concert). To me personally, songs are cool and all but I listen to them couple of times and that's it for most part, I want early 1992 concert, the Bucharest performance was one of the biggest reasons I became a fan and Dangerous tour is my favourite tour.
Also, what I would want are studio sessions videos. But at best there could be 20 secs of them overall probably if another doc will be made, so I don't hope for this one.
To add: I am quality freak and to me video is extremely important. I watched Wembley just once, I couldn't get myself to watch it more because I simply hate how it looks and it ruined big part of joy. I better have audio like Bad tour Tokyo for example but have video in the best possible HQ. I watched Queen: Hungarian Rhapsody 3 times including cinema, that's not because I am less MJ fan but good quality just makes the experience like SO MUCH better..

vlcsnap-2012-12-09-16h26m21s7.png

vlcsnap-2012-12-09-16h28m47s198.png

vlcsnap-2012-12-09-16h27m54s185.png

vlcsnap-2012-12-09-16h27m29s190.png

vlcsnap-2012-12-09-16h27m16s58.png

vlcsnap-2012-12-09-16h27m12s11.png

vlcsnap-2012-12-09-16h26m38s190.png

That quality looks great. I want to see that concert with The Way You Make Me Feel.

Hope for unreleashed songs.and for a Bluray.If not better not release again a dvd.

I wonder if they do have a few HIStory concerts as a few aired for the first time (?) after his death.

All the things mentioned regarding footage were put out when Michael was here. The Estate might have NO idea where all this is. Would they have released Wembley if they had LA? Can't see it myself.

They said they released the July 16th for the historical context (the Wembley '88 run of 7 sold out shows, the Royal family being attendance, Michael's energy and overall performance), not to mention how long fans have campaigned for it and they had the audio multitracks. They have the previous night as we all saw with The Way You Make Me Feel. They mentioned they have the umatics from other shows but for the reasons I stated, they went with wembley

We have to keep in mind the contract from 2010. They have to put together projects until 2017 or until the contract is fulfilled. I think we should understand that we're not going to get EVERYTHING because they'd be shooting themselves in the foot

It's not that they don't exist or that they can't find them. They simply don't want to oversaturate the market and want to release material in timely fashion. Joe Vogel said in a recent interview that the estate were looking at about 20 finished or nearly finished outtakes from Bad and we got 5 of those. We'll get more in due time, from unreleased songs, possibly unreleased short films, concerts. I'm sure of it :)

Bad and Dangerous and 99% of HIStory shows won't be released on Blu-Ray. There's NO point. It wasn't shot on film/HD media.

Yeah. Bucharest wasn't even shot on film.

I know some full length concerts have been shot on film, but most are shot on tape (and these days, hard drives/memory cards).

If Munich is the only show shot in HD, i hope it's not released because apparently his performance wasn't up to par to other shows.

But even if its just tape sourced, it will look better than Wembley.

Bad and Dangerous and 99% of HIStory shows won't be released on Blu-Ray. There's NO point. It wasn't shot on film/HD media.

I don't know about Dangerous Tour but some Bad Tour concert were shot on film. I have to bring up this article again: http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/ :)

Warren Eagles has no reason to lie.

I don't know about Dangerous Tour but some Bad Tour concert were shot on film. I have to bring up this article again: http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/ :)

Warren Eagles has no reason to lie.

Of course he doesn't. I've read that article about a million times and yes he says some of it was filmed. Why spend so long editing and colouring if it goes to waste by being lost? Bad Tour may have been shot on film for 1 concert but people won't want another Wembley release, there would be more money in an LA or wherever as it's new. People have to stop demanding Blu-Rays when there is simply no point as it wasn't shot on film or HD media. There won't be a DWT Blu-Ray because it can't be put on Blu-Ray. It'd just look incredibly high standard DVD if the right source was used.

Of course he doesn't. I've read that article about a million times and yes he says some of it was filmed. Why spend so long editing and colouring if it goes to waste by being lost? Bad Tour may have been shot on film for 1 concert but people won't want another Wembley release, there would be more money in an LA or wherever as it's new. People have to stop demanding Blu-Rays when there is simply no point as it wasn't shot on film or HD media. There won't be a DWT Blu-Ray because it can't be put on Blu-Ray. It'd just look incredibly high standard DVD if the right source was used.

I dont think so. If by people you mean us fans, we would eat up any Bad concert if it came on Blu-ray

Does anyone think that the article about the colorist is maybe worded poorly (on Warrens part?)

What if he simply meant they filmed numerous times of Another Part Of Me/crowd shots/maybe even Man In The Mirror?

I mean, we have yet to see any other film shot stuff of other songs.
It's more than likely when they were shooting on film, it was focused on those 3 things.
And maybe they did shoot on film other songs as well, but maybe just to capture moments and certain camera angles (not like a 4 person, organized shoot).

Does anyone think that the article about the colorist is maybe worded poorly (on Warrens part?)

What if he simply meant they filmed numerous times of Another Part Of Me/crowd shots/maybe even Man In The Mirror?

He says things like: "It seemed at times they were shooting film for fun!" "The crew filmed 2 nights out of the 5 Wembley stadium gigs, film was also fed from the earlier tour legs in Australia, Japan, and Europe" "It is still the biggest music project I have ever been involved with in terms of volume of footage." "As far as I know the complete concert and documentary has never been released. A disappointing waste as the film managed to capture Jackson at his peak."

He is saying that full concerts were filmed. He was working on the films so he most likely saw that full concerts were filmed.

If story about Buenos Aires 93 being shot as a concert film for release is correct that means it should have been on film. But probably the reels are lost somewhere. We won't be seeing any of that anyway. I'm just saying.

He says things like: "It seemed at times they were shooting film for fun!" "The crew filmed 2 nights out of the 5 Wembley stadium gigs

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe he meant for APOM or sporadic shots of other songs. But to make a full show, they'd need at least 4 to 6 FILM cameras per show, realistically.

Hmm, maybe we should email him for more detail!

In terms of the Wembley shows on film, you have to keep in mind that they may be the reels unedited with different feeds. It could take a lot of money and effort to put that together with the multitracks

With Bucharest '92, I'd be happy to get an unedited (aka, a version with more Michael and less crowd shots) and better quality version. Aside from that, I'd love for one of the December '92 Tokyo shows where he performed the original set list with Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel, we know Slash performed with him on the New Years Eve show

In terms of the Wembley shows on film, you have to keep in mind that they may be the reels unedited with different feeds. It could take a lot of money and effort to put that together with the multitracks

While more tedious to piece together, it's a totally doable thing.
Even if they only have 1 or 2 shows on multi track (we know they have at least 3 shows: july 15, 16, and yokohama).

The shows were really tight and produced, so worrying about his mouth not matching a footage from a different show wouldn't be a big problem (if it's too obvious, they just use a different shot, or a far away angle, and so on).

I'd like to watch Munich 92, Rome 92, Monza 92, Wembley 92, Tokyo 92, Bangkok 93-- but I really would like to watch Oslo 92, when he sang Bad with the wireless mic, and I thinkg it was a day-light-concert!

The way I see it:

If they don't have a good quality source for a full concert, just don't release a concert. It's better than having the fans moan and complain about a bad quality one.

Zakk;3741174 said:
In 2016, 25 years after Michael's third best selling album 'Dangerous' was originally released. there have been rumours as to wether or not the estate will be collaborating in another deluxe 25th Anniversary edition package.

I'm not confirming anything here but if we are to get a package similar to the recently released 'Bad25' what would you like to be included? here are a few of my ideas:

[video=youtube;OWC5uPK93fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWC5uPK93fE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

• Bucharest Blu-Ray. I know fans are annoyed by this show but it is very possible it was recorded on film reels, as you can see on the different BBC & HBO versions with alternate and better camera angles. a less edited Blu-Ray would be great.

• Munich DVD/Blu-Ray (if possible) the first show performed during the 'Dangerous World Tour' Michael was still full with energy.

• Tokyo DVD

• Buenos Aires 1993, the planned official Dangerous Tour release in 1993. but cancelled due to Michael's disliking of the recording from the show.

• Original CD - with enhanced audio

• Bonus CD - with songs such as, someone put your hand out, Men in Black etc. and Demo's for songs such as Gone too soon and Keep the faith.

• Live CD - from the Munich 92' show

& in the Collectors Case

• Show ticket from Buenos Aires 93'

• 1992 & 1993 Tour programmes

• 7" Replica Vinyl of the single "Jam" with the Red cover

• Dangerous Tour T-Shirt with various photo's from the Tour and Michael's eyes from the original Album artwork.

• Bonus DVD/Blu-Ray with the Dangerous Tour Rehearsals (also sold separately in a Dangerous Tour three disc set with Bucharest Blu-Ray and Munich DVD.)

Edit: when we have enough ideas hopefully one of the moderators could send this to the estate and make it happen.

I totally agree, I want all this!! :D

Everyone has brilliant ideas, mine would be same as most i guess
Original album
live dvd (other than Bucharest)
live cd
lots of pictures and information about tracks like on bad25
unreleased songs cd
poster
something different like yeah a tour programme or a t shirt or something along those lines

I also love peoples ideas of docu on behind the scenes ect, that would be great! :)

I believe all Dangerous tour concerts are HQ. Notice how Bucharest DVD is mixed (they are all good quality) So I believe in terms of video quality it is worth releasing. But I can't be sure as of audio...

The concert with the long spin has great quality:

That is not Bucharest

any show that isnt bucarest,1 st cd original,2nd cd unreleased sogs and demos

No Buenos Aries show, that would go against what Michael would want.

No Buenos Aries show, that would go against what Michael would want.

It wouldn't make sense to release that show because it is already available. Any good quality 1992 show that has Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel would be great.

it has been said by Richard Lecocq that Michael had ''some'' shows from this tour shot on film, it's highly possible that there is one from the 1992 leg.. if there is, then i'd hope for a show with the way you make me feel & bad included.. if Munich isn't on film, or Oslo.. maybe Tokyo 1992 if that's on film? with a bonus featurette of the world premier of the opening dangerous world tour concert.. i know there's at least some behind the scenes footage from the first show in Munich, and that'd be a great addition, as well as a film transfer of the pepsi press conference in London! i guess we'll have to wait & see but this tour & the bad tour are one's that most deserve a Blu-Ray release to be completely honest.

I believe all Dangerous tour concerts are HQ. Notice how Bucharest DVD is mixed (they are all good quality) So I believe in terms of video quality it is worth releasing. But I can't be sure as of audio...

look at the difference in quality between the Bucharest & Munich shots, for example in Black Or White & Thriller.. you can see a vast difference! so i imagine it came from a higher quality source.

Back