Daryll748 Is In The HOTSEAT!

if mj is your favorite solo artist (just taken that for granted i know he might not be) who is your favorite band ?

if mj is your favorite solo artist (just taken that for granted i know he might not be) who is your favorite band ?

I exactly don't have a fave band. I never had one.
I'm not even up to date with the current ones. :smilerolleyes:

Michael has been the ONLY one that can really cut it for me since I discovered him way back in 1982 :blush:

It doesn't mean I don't like other artists but I could listen to MJJCommunity Radio all day and have a ball. :clap:

While just 'general' radio annoys me quickly :blink:

Daz, how have you been lately? :)

Read any new Buffy novels?

Daz, how have you been lately? :)

Read any new Buffy novels?

Oh well, good and BAD days hey. :smilerolleyes: I guess, we all have them, hey! We bear the BAD ones and rejoice in the good ones ;) Lately, have a lot of GOOD ones so I hope it stays that way!

Nope, I haven't but I'm reading two other novels now ;)

That's true. :) I hope you continue to have good days.

Oh, that's cool. :D Which novels?

That's true. :) I hope you continue to have good days.

Oh, that's cool. :D Which novels?

Thanks Karom :angel:

First one is "Thirteen reasons why" by Jay Asher. Quite a tough book to read as the topic is 'suicide' :blink:
I don't understand why it's in the 'children's section' though :unsure: Tough, it's beautifully written.

Second one is "Second life" by SJ Watson which has more of an 'intrigue" plot of 'Dare me' :lol:
My first 'real adult' novel, I'm reading and it's exciting ;)

It's in the young adult section according to google and the topic is quite suitable in that case. :p

What's a "real adult" novel? :scratch:

It's in the young adult section according to google and the topic is quite suitable in that case. :p

What's a "real adult" novel? :scratch:

Well, I guess it must be 'approved' for that section. Its just I won't recommend it for that age group but maybe that's just silly me. :blush:

Oh, as in 18+ Rated :busted:
I bought that book cause I so enjoyed his first one.

What is your favorite film or film series

and who is your favorite Actor or actress

Fave movies are:

"E.T" :wub: I know that movie by heart lol

"The return of the living dead" is my all time fave movie in the "Zombie genre" :D
I love the "Resident evil" movies too. "The little shop of horrors" is one of my faves too :blush:
"Grease" is also on my FAVE list and love 'The others' Nicole Kidman plays brilliantly there :clap:

"City of angels" and "Knowing" are two awesome movies I love with my fave actor in it.

Series on DVD are Buffy, The vampire slayer and Angel. Have both boxes with all the seasons. :D
Roswell, pity they only did ONE season :eek:

Heroes, really cool and intriguing

The Adams family, real fun to watch and relax ;)

Right now, I'm hooked on "Waking the dead" I got the box ;) My fave characters are Boyd and Grace!

fave actors? definately, Nicolas Cage, Harrison Ford, Chris Tucker, Brad Pitt
Actress? think think :unsure: oh, Nicole Kidman

Hmm, what is your favorite Nicholas Cage movie?

Hmm, what is your favorite Nicholas Cage movie?

It has to be "City of Angels" :wub:

I love that plot as it carries an important message of our mission here.

Besides, Nicolas Cage has that something 'special' in him. That charisma, that feel. :blush:

Okay Daryll i do not know how long you will be in the HOTSEAT few question for you

Have you every seen Michael in person like go to any of his concerts or any of the Jacksons?

Have you every been to Michael house in Gary,Ind?

Have you been to LA?

What is you fav MJ album or song?

I don know if you have answers these questions already just saw you was in the HOTSEAT.

Pat:ciao:

Yeah, I popped out suddenly.:eek: My tab was messing with me and I was visiting my folks so :blush: but I'm back now. I don't mind answering the 'same' questions though cause sometimes they do have different answers as time goes by. Anyway...

Yeash, I was Blessed to see Michael 13 times. :blush:

9 concerts and 4 other 'outies' ;)

First concert was BAD tour in Belgium.
Then, HIStory tour. Praque, Amsterdam, London (3 concerts in one week :punk:) and Belgium.

I also saw Michael LIVE in Munich& Friends in Germany and the last concert was MSG in NY :blush:

Oh, sidenote here :cheeky: I'm currently doing "Michael Memories" on MJJC Blog :D Updated every Wednesday now ;)

The 'outies' were parties. MJ Day 10(UK) Killer thriller party (UK) and Fan award party (NY) where Michael was 'guest of honor' as I would say. I also saw Michael on the double deck bus during the $ony demo in 2002 in NY. :D We didn't see him in London during the $ony demo though as we didn't think he would show up in a mass like this and we needed a good spot at the party. Awww, treasured memories, hey!

Nope, never been to Michael's house in Gary nor to L.A.

My fave albums are Thriller and BAD :D

Ultimate fave song is " Fall again "

Thanks for popping into my HOTseat!

I know you've told me this before and I said the same thing then, but I am so jealous. :sigh: I wish I had met him. Or at least found myself in his approximate vicinity. :lol:

Do your ideas for writing material come slowly or do you get flashes of inspiration?

Do your ideas for writing material come slowly or do you get flashes of inspiration?

Definately, flashes of inspiration when it comes to Fanfiction :D
Always got to have a notebook near to scribble ;D One song, an event or a book I've read can inspire a story! The trick is to get the visions as 'true' on paper as if I see them 'flashing' by.

I admit, Novel writng is somehow different from Fanfiction as in 'Inspiration wise'.
I mean, Fanfiction... I can get the FULL story 'thrown' at me :blink: Images, dialogues, the lot.

For Novel writing, I get 'pieces' that I eventually need to 'piece' together and that fits the term of 'coming slowly' then. I mean, I can't write a novel from cover to cover. It doesn't work that way. At leat, not for me it does! Frustrating and time consuming I know as I get the beginning, the end, the middle, other scenes and then I have to puzzle to make it into a decent novel ;D

Thanks for your question, SarahJ :clapping:

I have a question about writing: How do you have the patience to do it? :rofl: I have never been able to write anything longer than 20 pages. I can write essays and poetry and stuff, but I can't write stories. I just get bored because it takes too long to write it and the story is already so far ahead in my mind and I can't focus on the scene I'm writing, because I'm thinking about where the story is going. :lol: So how do you do it? How do you focus on the piece of writing you are doing now?

I have a question about writing: How do you have the patience to do it? :rofl: I have never been able to write anything longer than 20 pages. I can write essays and poetry and stuff, but I can't write stories. I just get bored because it takes too long to write it and the story is already so far ahead in my mind and I can't focus on the scene I'm writing, because I'm thinking about where the story is going. :lol: So how do you do it? How do you focus on the piece of writing you are doing now?

Thanks for popping in again, Karom :D

The first BOLD question lies in character, perserverance, stubborness on my part. Oh and never giving up! I struggled through several 'writer blocks' where I didn't even had 'inspiration' but then you go out and do stuff and hope for the Best. Always HOPE. It's like the air that keeps you alive ;D

Some people relax by socializing, I relax when I can write ;) It needs a lot of 'alone time' but hey... That's why I live alone, hey :D I do love to go out with a real life friend but its the perserverance that pays off in the end.

Okay, BOLD question Two. I do understand why you ask me! It's something we all struggle with, right? :unsure:

You get inspiration and its all jumbled up or the flashes of inspiration whiz by :lol:

You can either 'quarrel' with your Muse :eek: and state that you can't type that fast or he has to remember the inspiration :D

The BEST thing to do though is to follow 'The Aristotle act'. Each story has that 'structure'. It's the 'spine' of your story! How does it work, you say?

You divide your story in 3 acts or 'boxes' :
Act one: Hit off and Disruption
Act two: Reaction and Struggle
Act three: Resolution
So, if you put all the scenes neatly into the 'designated boxes' ;D
Then, you can focus better on the scene you want to write.

For example, the story "Dare me" has Act One 'completed' and Chapter 3 will feature Act Two: Reaction :D

I think this is the BEST writing 'help' I ever encountered as it works Magic for your stories.
It's really efficient. In about 15 minutes, I got the whole core of the story neatly on paper and then it's only spending time with your characters and jotting everything down. Mission accomplished!

Edit LOL: I suppose I got a little 'technical' there Hey Sowwy! :eek:

Anyway, how do I 'focus' on a scene I'm writing now?

I usually "write" in bed :lol: So, my imagination can run wild and is not distracted by other stuff. I tend to 'play' certain scenes out too. :smilerolleyes: Just to see if stuff is plausible. Then, of course I type it out on my computer that lives on my desk ;)

Last edited:
I read you blog entry about "The Aristotle Act". :p

Writer's block isn't really my issue. I know exactly what I want to write and where I want the story to go, I just get very frustrated when I'm writing, because while I'm just writing the beginning, in my mind, the story is already halfway through. And there are stuff that I "know" about the characters that I can't write in without going into extensive background and finding a way to integrate those things into the story without actually writing everything is so frustrating. :lol:

;) I know, editing is a nightmare for writers. It causes conflicts and quarrels with your Muse :lol:

Well, that is why I first have a 'brainstorming' session when I wanna write a NEW book. So, that all the 'jumbled up' pieces appear. I do first jot down the 'jumbled' pieces and then I puzzle or should I say 'copy & paste' :D

Thanks for reading the blog. I hope it helped somehow! You can always ask me if something is NOT clear ;D

Well, I don't think I will ever write a book. :lol: The most extensive work I have ever done was the fanfic I started posting here. But I was like 13 or 14 and I abandoned it after a while. :lol: But for that, I did exactly what you said and I have a notebook full of jumbled up pieces of the story that I haven't put into a coherent story. Not that what I have put into a story is that great, but anyway. :lol:

Hey Daryl,
What do u love to eat
Fav mj book
Day or night
do u have pets

Hello Leanne :ciao:

I love my Mum's Curry and Mac & Cheese. :blush:
Also everything 'natural' and BIO or Vegan stuff cause of my new 'acclaimed' food allergy :eek:
So, I'm always chuffed if I can find stuff I'm able to eat.
Right now, I'm eating a delicious BIO cereal bar with cranberry :D

That would be "Dancing the dream".
Whenever, I open and browse that book my world stops spinning for a moment.

I would say NIGHT though. Dusk is my fave part of the day :D Is where my creativity hits his peak!

Nope, no pets anymore as in animals. I do have a lot of plants and baby veggies now to care for.

Thanks for popping into my HOTseat.

Really? That's cool. What veggies? :D

Hold on, it's a whole list LOL

Baby veggies are: Cherry tomato's, Carrot, Broccoli, Radish, Paprika, eggplant, dandelion salad, Augula

Also Herbs: Basil, Thyme, Parsley, Spring onion, Dill, Chive

I just love to see them grow. I got them just as seeds :blush:

Ah, that's cool. I don't even know what all of those are. :lol: The only plant I have successfully kept alive for years is a cactus. :rofl:

Oh you grow veggies? How do you grow them? Any tips?

Back