Daryll748 Is In The HOTSEAT!

Oh you grow veggies? How do you grow them? Any tips?

Tips? I'm stunned myself that they love being with me. I never expected it to be a success like that. :blush:

First, you buy the regular 'houseplant' soil and just the seeds. You get those little brown cubes as 'nursery'

See piccie below.

Babyveggies_zpsj0pekvfz.jpg

You make sure the soil is quite saturated with water that the seeds nor the seedlings dry out. It's better you water them at the bottom then straight into the cube or you'll drown them :blush:

I give my veggies water twice a day and NO not 'tapwater'. They drink Evian :D Only the BEST for my babies. According to the veggie, they grow into a plant after a week or even a month later.

They need lots of natural light and natural warmth. NO central heating!

When they grow as big as the length of the cube, you carefully give them a new home. I 'recycle' plastic containers or buy cheap ones like the piccie below.

veggiesnursery_zpscj6hmfno.jpg

To minimize the 'shock' of getting a new home. I make sure they get all the 'old' earth mix it with the new and I let them 'listen' to MJJCommunity radio :D

How they grow like trees like my 'cherry tomatoes' (piccie coming soon) is all about TLC. Make sure they have enough water, warmth, light and you 'coach' them to grow and be good.

Yeash, that means you have to TALK to them. Plants and veggies are very sensitive to love and touch. They are like 'babies' though they are 'veggies'.

Those look great!! I tried to grow tomato plants and they both died. Mind you I don't think they were very healthy to begin with. Do you buy them from a particular nursery?

You're cute, Daz. :flowers:

What do you like to do for fun?

I like to 'colour' :blush: I'm so chuffed they have colour books for 'grown ups' now. My fave thing is Mandala's.

Art%20therapy_zpsk5g8iqh6.gif

It's so relaxing for your brain yet creative and it's nice to spent a few hours only 'thinking' which colour you would use next :D

I also love Games.I play FV2 on FB and FV2 Country Escape on my Tab. I love playing with my gameboy with Mario Bros ;D

Oh and obviously, I love 'gardening' and taking care of 'plants'. These are my babies and they even have names :D

Those look great!! I tried to grow tomato plants and they both died. Mind you I don't think they were very healthy to begin with. Do you buy them from a particular nursery?

I guess it depends on the quality of the seeds and the WILL to LIVE too! I had plants that died. :blink:

I simply got the seeds with the cubes in my local grocery store. :D

Come to think of it, I'm sure a lot of patience is needed too cause they grow at their own pace. Some seeds need more time to grow like 'eggplants'. I thought they would never make it and see how beautiful they have grown now. I still need to have them on a piccie ;)

Anyway, plants have a stubborn mind of their own. If they don't want to 'drink' anymore, they are 'lost' really!
I lost a lot of plants that way! :blush:

Oh, I love coloring too! Do you get your coloring books online or do you buy them at the store?

I was thinking about have a library program about art therapy and mandalas. You can find a lot of mandalas on Pinterest.

Oh, I love coloring too! Do you get your coloring books online or do you buy them at the store?

I get them at the store. The local news agent sells them and of course my fave store sells a whole collection too. :D

I guess, I'm one of those 'old fashioned' ones that loves to buy things she can feel instead of 'plucking' stuff of the net and print them out. I kinda have like a 'hate' relationship with my printer :lol:

WOW, yeash I call it "Art therapy" cause it really does 'heal' you. I used to have 'ticking time bomb' weekends :lol: I enjoy my 'relaxing' weekends more now since I started this 'colouring' business.

Hey, an Idea to write a Blog about it :D Thanks for the inspiration ;D

No, I meant if you order than online, not if you print them. :)

No, I meant if you order than online, not if you print them. :)

Order a book online here :blink: ? Oh Boy, we have such an excellent Mail service here * Insert sarcasm*

It either gets lost or is damaged so I rather just get the book meself :D

Edit: as promised, I took some piccies.

These are my baby veggies I 'repotted' today. They outgrew the 'nursery' :blush: They are Basil, Paprika and eggplant (Aubergine)

editbabyVeggies_zpsqumwp5az.png

These are my baby cherry tomatoes :blush: I never thought they would grow so fast! :doh:

my%20baby%20tomatoes_zpsup4pznou.jpg

Last edited:
Order a book online here :blink: ? Oh Boy, we have such an excellent Mail service here * Insert sarcasm*

It either gets lost or is damaged so I rather just get the book meself :D

Edit: as promised, I took some piccies.

These are my baby veggies I 'repotted' today. They outgrew the 'nursery' :blush: They are Basil, Paprika and eggplant (Aubergine)

editbabyVeggies_zpsqumwp5az.png

These are my baby cherry tomatoes :blush: I never thought they would grow so fast! :doh:

my%20baby%20tomatoes_zpsup4pznou.jpg

Hehe,you sound just like a mother talking about her children :) I have that same Michael Jackson Dangerous poster too! Isn't it just beautiful? :wub:

I don't know if someone asked already, but what made you get into planting?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Did you know that police police police police police police police police? :jump:

Hehe,you sound just like a mother talking about her children :) I have that same Michael Jackson Dangerous poster too! Isn't it just beautiful? :wub:

I don't know if someone asked already, but what made you get into planting?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Did you know that police police police police police police police police? :jump:

Well, that is a GOOD question :D

Well, its relaxing and peaceful to get your hands into soil and I just like the miracle of life. You plant a seed and a living and breathing being grows out of it.

Yeash, indeed. It's my 'Mother instinct' playing up since I can't have any kids :blush:
My plants are my 'babies' instead.

Looking back at the last piccie of my Tomato veggies, WOW, they've grown a lot since then. :blink:

Thanks for popping in ;)

Well, that is a GOOD question :D

Well, its relaxing and peaceful to get your hands into soil and I just like the miracle of life. You plant a seed and a living and breathing being grows out of it.

Yeash, indeed. It's my 'Mother instinct' playing up since I can't have any kids :blush:
My plants are my 'babies' instead.

Looking back at the last piccie of my Tomato veggies, WOW, they've grown a lot since then. :blink:

Thanks for popping in ;)

Of course!

I think it's awesome seeing how plants develop from these tiny little seeds to these flowers and trees and various other plants we see. The miracle of life is quite amazing! :D

You asked a question on Tink's hot seat that was interesting so thought I'd ask you.
If you could put any message in a bottle what would it say?

Gorgeous mandalas by the way. Your very creative.

Thanks for the new questions.

I was thinking about the message in the bottle thing this morning.

"I miss you, Michael. Please come back :blush: "

Yeah, I love being creative. I'm still coloring them like mad lol for a 'Mandala fireplace feature' in my livingroom/office. :D

Nah, they haven't given me any tomatoes yet :( i think, I need to have 'flowers' first. :blush:

Besides, I had a few 'deaths' with this heatwave. :unsure:

My parsely and broccoli didn't survive but my sunflowers are growing and I'm proud of my lemon tree and pomme granate

babies and my Basil is doing good too. The taste is so much different from when you buy a grown plant already.

Yeah, we have a cherry tomato plant as well and it gave no flowers. :( I was really looking forward to eating tomatoes from my garden. :lol:

What is your favorite wall in your room? Can you take a picture of it?

Of course, I can share a piccie of 'my fave wall'. :blush:

Well, it's NOT 'my room' though as I live in a flat so I have 'lots' of walls to cover :D

This my FAVE one. It's one of the walls in my 'writing corner' which is situated in the kitchen.

myFaveWall_zps9angoomw.jpg

It depicts a 'wonderful' view, right?

P.S : Come to think of it! My room as in Bedroom need to be 'redesigned' lol I 'realized' it didn't have 'fave' walls anymore. :scratch:

Last edited:
How would you like to design your room if you had unlimited funds?

How would you like to design your room if you had unlimited funds?

I would choose "aubergine" or "Bordeaux" paint and hang "Gold' frames on the walls with my fave images of Michael.
Have 'antique style' lamps, ornaments and a fireplace. Just make it really classy and romantic. :blush:

Oh and I dream of a wooden floor too. :D

Thanks for your BOLD question!

What do you find is the most challenging thing about writing?

What do you find is the most challenging thing about writing?

I have a HOTseat question :wild:

Anyway, Most challenging is for me... The plot :blush:
Is it exciting? Is there enough 'flow' and 'tension' in the story or does it just 'wobble' on? :unsure:

Yep, all 'silly' questions I 'fret' about while writing a story! I guess, that is the main reason why my closets are 'bulking' with manuscripts where I thought... Nah, Boring! :eek:

When I do have 'the plot' the way I want it then I'll go ahead with the story and publish it ;)

Thanks for the COOL question!

I'll be 'lazy' this time and ask you the same on your HOTseat or simply cause I want to hear your 'take' on it! :cheeky:

My take on it is boring, I'm afraid. :no: But the truth is, I don't write with the intention of ever publishing. :p

Have you published any books yet? :D

My take on it is boring, I'm afraid. :no: But the truth is, I don't write with the intention of ever publishing. :p

Have you published any books yet? :D

Nah, it's not Boring at all. Getting that 'Butt in chair' to exactly 'write' stuff down is indeed a challenge too and needs some 'discipline' :smilerolleyes:

Oh yeash, I have. :blush:

"One minute" in 2006 but the Publishing company really 'lacked' the quality in books :blink:

Then "The Scared" Trilogy.

"Scared alone" in Febr. 2013

"Scared & Tainted" in Oct. 2013

"Scared no more" in July 2014

But I have like a 'fall out' with my current Publishing company cause they thought it was a smart idea to just 'delete' their site and 'start' from 'scratch' and I was :ph34r: so, I kinda :scratch:if I would 'return' to them and 'grant' them another novel since they don't seem to care about its 'authors' :smilerolleyes:

Anyway, sadly None of them are 'for sale' anymore :mello:

:wild: That's so cool. Were they in English?

Hmm, have you thought about getting an agent and perhaps a different publishing company?

Yep, ALL in English but the first one I translated and published in Dutch too :blush:

I don't want an Agent cause then it would be 'work' and not 'passion' anymore. Besides, I write when I have the 'energy' to write and I can choose my own 'deadlines' as I go :blink: if I have to 'stress' about it. I also have to take care of my 'health' too so :smilerolleyes:

I don't think, I'll found one as 'cheap' as the one with NEW site now so maybe I just have to 'swallow' my pride and 'go back' if I want one published 'decently'.

Other publishing companies even without an Agent charges too much. :doh:

I'm 'pleased' now with MJJCBlog and my own site though and I can create at my own pace :D

Legit question though :agree:

I see. That makes sense. :yes:

Why aren't they for sale anymore? :scratch:

I see. That makes sense. :yes:

Why aren't they for sale anymore? :scratch:

Okay FULL rant now :cheeky:

The Publishing company had a 'database' with all the books you obviously could order through their site. Then One day, some 'idiot' :angry: had the fine idea to 'start from scratch'. :busted:

We just got a 'lame' message that the site would go 'off line' and they were 'building' :smilerolleyes: a new site. IF you still wanted your books published, you NEEDED to upload your books again. I was really :angry: about it cause its typical "Belgian Logic' here. The DIY method that has no 'customer service' value, huh!

So to say it 'simple'... They simply DELETED my books from their 'database' and all I got was this 'lame' message. :puke:

WHY this rant :scratch:?

Cause the :pirate: that run the site don't even know how to 'maintain' a Publishing company. They took the easy way. Just delete and start anew :doh: END OF RANT :D

To end on a POSITIVE note...

Could be that Gaz 'showed' me HOW you really 'care' for a site and it's members though :blush:
He BUILD a NEW site for MJJCommunity and NOTHING got lost. He just 'migrated' all the files to the NEW site!

Even when I got a NEW page for MJJCBlog switching from Wordpress to a page 'nestled' within the walls of MJJC ;D He even asked for a 'zipped' file with my stories so I wouldn't have to start from scratch again.
See, that is how 'Customer service' works, lol. :cheeky: Thanks Gaz :blush:

Don't worry, its just a matter of 'principles' :D
I'll keep on writing though. I got a new story I'm 'finishing' today for MJJCBlog and I got a NEW one in mind already. (y)

Oh, that sucks. And do you have to pay to re-upload your books?

Oh, that sucks. And do you have to pay to re-upload your books?

I don't know :unsure: I have to start from scratch again. :tease:

The old site was free 'uploading' but you do have to 'buy' your book if you'd like a 'hard copy'.

Anyway, time will tell :D

Back