December 3rd, 2007: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

L.J

Proud Member
G'day

Today's news seems to be circulating around the talks of Thriller's 25th Anniversary.

Nothing confirms the rapid acceleration of time quite as much as the discovery that it was 25 years ago this week that Michael Jackson released the album Thriller.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/12/03/do0302.xml

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

Um I couldn't find any... but I did mention him at the dinner table :D ... does that count? :p

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1993 - Michael Jackson's single "Will You Be There?" was certified Gold.

2001 - Michael Jackson's single "Cry" was released internationally.

2001 - Michael Jackson's album "Invincible" was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

2004 - Police raided Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch for a second time in search of evidence in the child-molestation case against him. The next day the police returned and asked Jackson to submit a DNA sample.

That article ABOVE had my hair standing on end_What an ass .
Saying MJ's artistic ability is shot (arrrrg)
and that thriller is old hat

He is so far out of the loop it isnt funny -

Please comment him and give him your thoughts about this ridicules article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/12/03/do0302.xml

This is his ending assessment of Michael Jackson and THRILLER :mad:

"Worse, his artistic legacy is shot. A quarter of a century ago, an affection for Jackson placed the fan at the centre of global fashion. Now it would be an embarrassment to own up to ever having liked him.

No one plays Jacko records as they might those by the Beatles or Elvis. To mark the anniversary, I did just that and got no further than Thriller's third track.
Freighted with meaning, its every beat seemed dragged down by subsequent events. Twenty-five years on, it really is an album from another time."

Last edited:
Gosh how embaressing .. see what happens when I do too many things at once... I apologise for linking to that trash

thanks for the mentioning page.. I'm sure SOMETHIN' will pop up

Michael Jackson 'HISTORY'

On December 3rd 2002 Michael Jackson told lawyer Gloria Allred to.......
............"Go To Hell".

L.J. thanks for the mentionings but how did you miss this 'classic'

i so cracked up laughing when i saw that on the news. looked like the bodyguards were having a hard time keeping a straight face aswell lol

Michael Jackson News:

I know that within the next few days of the Jackson 5 reunion tour there was talk about Janet being asked to join. Well, I came across this article stating that but it also mentions that the Jacksons have signed a contract to do a 40 city tour. Warning: This comes from Page Six which is a tabloid.

http://cbs4.com/entertainment/Janet.Jackson.Michael.2.601324.html

NEW YORK (CBS) ― The New York Post's Page Six reports that every member of the ultimate showbiz family - including Michael Jackson - has signed on for the 40-city world tour except Janet.

A source told Page Six that she may join her family for a few shows, but her finance, music producer Jermaine Dupri wants her back in the studio to record a new album.

"He's also wary of having her be associated with Michael because he's gotten such bad press," the source told Page Six.

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.independent.com/news/2007/dec/03/sheriff-announces-new-public-information-officer/

Sheriff Announces New Public Information Officer

The Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department officially announced the appointment of a new spokesperson and media contact: Sergeant Alex Tipolt, formerly a supervisor of the department's North County Gang Team. Tipolt replaces Sergeant Erik Raney, whose name should be familiar to regular Independent readers and who has served as Sheriff's Department spokesperson for nearly three years. In a statement much more personal than those that preceded it,

Raney wrote the following:
I began my stint as PIO entertaining the worldwide media during the Michael Jackson Trial in 2005 and the excitement has not stopped since. :rolleyes:Announcing the capture of Jesse James Hollywood and informing the public about the tragic events at the Goleta Postal Distribution Center Shootings are just a few of the memories I will carry with me. I am proud to have served as the Department’s Spokesman for former Sheriff Jim Anderson as well as Sheriff Bill Brown and thank them both for the opportunities. I would like to also thank all of the media I have worked with over the years. Without you the public would not be so well informed about the work that the men and women at the Sheriff’s Department perform every day.
Raney will now serve the county as the patrol sergeant of the Isla Vista Foot Patrol.

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/The-truth-about-bubbles/246554/

The 51-year-old, Michelin-star holder has worked with the likes of Jacques Pic, who has all the secrets of the Rhone Valley and its cuisine under his belt, and is a member of the Young Restaurateurs of Europe. “This is my second time in India the first was when Michael Jackson was performing 11 years ago. I cannot claim to have seen much of the city during my drive from the airport to the hotel but I really think Mumbai has changed,” he says.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/interviews/article.html?in_article_id=78062&in_page_id=11

60 SECONDS: Slash

You’ve worked with a variety of famous musicians. With whom did you get on best?
I really got on great with almost all of them. Michael Jackson’s record was a special moment,
so was working with Iggy Pop, Lenny Kravitz and Ray Charles. A not-so-great one was with Bob Dylan. That was a huge learning experience. I was recommended for a guitar solo on his track Wiggle Wiggle during one of his darker periods in the late 1980s. I put a solo on there that I was quite proud of and put an acoustic rhythm track underneath it. When I heard it, only the acoustic track was there. Apparently he took the solo off because it sounded too much like Guns N’ Roses.

What was Michael Jackson like?
Very astute and professional – he knew exactly what he wanted me to do in the songs.

What about as a person?
He was great. All that stuff about his extra-curricular sexual preferences :rolleyes:– I hope isn’t true. I never encountered anything like that. He was just a pleasure to work with.

kiiinda wanna see the video again of MJ telling Alred off. Is it online anywhere? LOL

These rumors are annoying, lol. Its been going around for years that Michael is getting back with the J5, and it never happens. What makes this time so special that its actually making headlines? Don't tell me its Jermaine's word they're going off of? How many times has he said this?

When it first happened? Or did some show re televise it?
i remember seeing it on fox news at the time. mj was outside the courthouse for the avram lawsuit and a journo asked him about allred.it wasnt live but they showed it on the news at the time. im sure its floating around some where. maybe on jetzis site

Back