Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Favoritetune;3092031 said:
You put peas with the popcorn? Mushy peas?!?

I think I'm gonna be sick.
My word...I really got you bent out of shape...leading off your post with an angry face and all "
icon8.gif
". Didn't mean to step on any one's toes with those delectable, flavorful, melt(and ooze) in your mouth MUSHY PEAS! Look, Ape was all fine with it...she had no prob standing amongst us with an open willing mouth, mushy peas and all. Be a trooper, FT, ya big :baby: !

MysteriousPhoenix;3092037 said:
Mushy peas??? Isn't that what they used in The Exorcist? :mello:
Now doesn't that just conjure up the nicest image. MP!!! Can we please have MJ be the only one causing heads to turn around here? Thank you very much.

summer;3091490 said:
Nice! :clapping:I doubt that the video was meant to be the way we saw it. I mean, just MJ dancing in front of fans on stage...filmed from behind? And the video not having ANY kind of "story"? Don't think so. I mean, sure, anything is possible, but I find it hard to believe MJ woul have been satisfied with something like that. :scratch:That is why I think that the footage we saw was just part of the plan for the video. I can only speculate though. I can only try to guess how the video could have been...and here is my take on it....You know, maybe they meant to add shots in between the "audience shots". Sort of "You Are Not Alone" style....That we get shots of MJ with some girl or MJ seeing and somehow interacting with some girl in the beginning...but loses trace of her or they get separated somehow...then he is singing in the club/restaurant...The girl "happens" to be in the audience...MJ is looking for her...sees her...we get face shots of MJ and the girl....and then it ends by them having found each other and leaving together...Or not. :mello: :lol: :lol: That way the video would make more sense if you got "in between" shots that were adding/telling a story. But WHO KNOWS.....:scratch::lol: Anyways, that's how I would have made the video. :lol: :lol:
That's a pretty good way to arrange the video, summer, in order to include more of a story line. MJ missed out by not giving you a call now and then to get some vid ideas! His loss. :D (I guess you would have liked that a bit too, a phone call from da man!)Seriously, that could have been a nice idea for this video. You found a way to give it a beginning, a middle, and an end. Where in the beginning would you have shown them meeting? Would she realize she was late for something and then rushed off, disappearing in the crowd, leaving him alone with no name and number? Then when he gets to the filming she's there and that was what she was late for all along... the OMC filming? :eek: Move over, MJ, we're gonna write all this for ya. lol.

Ashtanga;3091729 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:fear:

Shila... Just WOW to your post! :wild: It would make a good fan fic. Sure... :yes:

So... I'm just watching...
Jackson_popcorn.gif

:shifty:​
Yeah, I guess that is basically what I have been doing here...being creative as I go! That's what fan fictions are made of! :lol:
MysteriousPhoenix;3092047 said:
She has DEFINITELY got to be ... "The Chosen One"! I'm glad he finally found love in his later years. (Make a pretty cute couple actually!)
Wow, I really didn't think anyone was going to agree with me that readily! lol. summer and Ash have got me settled into thinking it wasn't a believable theory at all...and here comes you...changin' it all up and getting me confused. :wild:

Most posts that I have come across here and over at MaxJax feel the concept is more about reversing things intentionally for a reason, so the fans are the ones on the stage and MJ becomes their audience. When you think about it, the fans were often times "the show" for him. Think about the footage we have seen when he is in the back seat of a car and looking out the darkened windows. He's observing the fans out there (as if "out there" is the stage) and he'd have fun pointing things out about them. Didn't he enjoy so much observing that one young man in Germany trying so hard to do a dance for MJ as MJ's car approached, but he was always stopped by the guards and whisked away? MJ loved to observe and watch. Consider when he came to the fan sites (because we know now he did), or even, to this thread. We, then, were the ones on stage entertaining him as he sat back in his seat in the audience and would watch (read) the show going on in here. I wonder if he ever wooted or hooted and applauded (no doubt he did when he saw himself in that "get up" before the fire on that rug!). *insert giggly smiley here* and *winks at Linda*

But I do like the idea that the OMC video could be more about his fans than a girl this time. Someone suggested the song could be meaning that he was hoping the fans would be the ones to give him one more chance (or the public in general). So, that would remove any romantical aspects.

This song, Best of Joy, the first time I read the lyrics I was struck on how much the words could represent how the fans so often feel about Michael. Look at some of the lyrics here:

I am your joy
Your best of joy
I am the moonlight
You are the spring, our love’s a sacred thing
You know I always will love you

I am forever
I am the one who came when you fell down
I was the only one around (the only one)
When things would hurt you

I am forever
Wasn’t it I who said that you were free?
When living seemed so hard to be
When things would hurt you ...

Now for all I know the song will include all kinds of adlibs with MJ saying things like "You and me, girl" and "I love you, girl!" and that will take care of that idea of this being a song for the fans. Haha. But aren't there so many fans out there that felt like Michael was the only one around when they were hurting? I have always gotten the impression that for many fans he has been like a very cherished imaginary friend, who they can always talk to and cry with. Sometimes I have pictured Michael a long time ago saying a prayer to God asking Him to allow him to be there for the lonely and hurting...that he could be a comforting presence somehow for them when they are sad and feel like they have no one else. Imagine all the letters MJ had received throughout his career with fans telling him how much his music has been there for them when they were going through something. Time and time again, I should think...letter after letter.

Do you guys think Best of Joy is to the fans...or do you think it is maybe for his LITD girl?

<!-- / message -->

Last edited:
Shila;3092104 said:
...and here comes you...changin' it all up and getting me confused. :wild:

Haha! This sounds like a line that could come straight from one of MJ's love songs.

Shila;3092104 said:
This song, Best of Joy, the first time I read the lyrics I was struck on how much the words could represent how the fans so often feel about Michael. Look at some of the lyrics here:

I am your joy
Your best of joy
I am the moonlight
You are the spring, our love&#8217;s a sacred thing

I am forever

I am forever
Wasn&#8217;t it I who said that you were free?

Now for all I know the song will include all kinds of adlibs with MJ saying things like "You and me, girl" and "I love you, girl!" and that will take care of that idea of this being a song for the fans. Haha. But aren't there so many fans out there that felt like Michael was the only one around when they were hurting? I have always gotten the impression that for many fans he has been like a very cherished imaginary friend, who they can always talk to and cry with. Sometimes I have pictured Michael a long time ago saying a prayer to God asking Him to allow him to be there for the lonely and hurting...that he could be a comforting presence somehow for them when they are sad and feel like they have no one else. Imagine all the letters MJ had received throughout his career with fans telling him how much his music has been there for them when they were going through something. Time and time again, I should think...letter after letter.

Do you guys think Best of Joy is to the fans...or do you think it is maybe for his LITD girl?

Almost sounds like he is talking about a child here. But you're right, all our impressions will probably be shattered the moment he says, "I'm talkin' about you, girl! Heee Hoooo!" lol!

*MP goes back to eat her mushy peas*

Edit:
Hey, just thought of something, I should change my user name to "Mushy Peas" and then you guys can still call me MP! Haha!

Last edited:
Shila;3092104 said:
Yeah, I guess that is basically what I have been doing here...being creative as I go! That's what fan fictions are made of! :lol:
:lol:

Shila;3092104 said:
Wow, I really didn't think anyone was going to agree with me that readily! lol. summer and Ash have got me settled into thinking it wasn't a believable theory at all...and here comes you...changin' it all up and getting me confused. :wild:
:shifty:

Shila;3092104 said:
I am your joy
Your best of joy
I am the moonlight
You are the spring, our love&#8217;s a sacred thing

I am forever

I am forever
Wasn&#8217;t it I who said that you were free?
Sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!! :girl_sigh: And Michael is my joy. :girl_in_love:

I do not remember, but does anyone know what year is this song? :scratch:

Well, I'd love to hear it... :wub: will this song will leak at some moment? :wild: I hope... :shifty:

Shila;3092104 said:
:fortuneteller:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

queen g/Lashi/Shila said:
...and here comes you...changin' it all up and getting me confused. :wild:
Haha! This sounds like a line that could come straight from one of MJ's love songs.
:bugeyed It kinda does! Maybe I should write my own love song and put that line in there!

MP said:
Edit:
Hey, just thought of something, I should change my user name to "Mushy Peas" and then you guys can still call me MP! Haha!

Let's have a poll!

Which usename best suits ya?

1. MysteriousPhoenix (MP)

2. MysteriousPrincess (MP)

3. MushyPeas (MP)

*thinks* :timer:

:scratch: Now that's a hard one. lol.

Hey, I like peas. :yes: :D BUT not combines with popcorn. :puke:

And the movie "The Exorcist"... Regan MacNeil (Linda Blair)... :bugeyed I have fear this movie until today. :fear:

The best combination is... popcorn and MJ... >>>
Jackson_popcorn.gif
:girl_in_love:

:shifty:​

I was scared of the exorist movie when i was lil but not anymore lol

MushyPeas said:
Is it just me, or does OMC in the vid sound different from from the one that came out in '03?:scratch: I feel the same way about this new version of HMH. Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison? Oh, well, I guess it's probably just "studio magic."

o_O

I didn't catch this at first...my you're an amazing lady pickin' up on differences like that! I was so busy with the visuals, I didn't notice anything different going on in the song, OMC! But after having another couple listens...

I think YOU ARE right!

Although intrigued now, I do not have the time to listen any longer for I have a thousand things to do, as I am getting ready to go away for Thanksgiving. But I will eventually.

That MJ!!! I think I'll use that line again, for it fits now here:

...and here comes you [MJ]...changin' it all up and getting me confused.

So Imma thinkin' when they said "Michael Jackson approved this cut " maybe it means he was already planning this song to be put on a vid collection package back in 2009, prior June 25th, and altered the song for it to his liking, for the sole purpose of keeping us all on OUR TOES. The joker. :lol:

I do think I hear him do a little "know it all" sounding laugh after the line, "And I would walk around this world to find her" which could mean ;) he is lettin' us all know he ALREADY had found her. Man, AllForMJ, you are gettin' confirmation after confirmation that you are so right, he did have love in 2009 before he left. :heart:

Now I wish I had Vision so I could hear this song well. My computer situation is that I can't watch a single video without it stopping and starting and being all chopped up, interrupted...it takes the patience of a saint...and I don't quite have that at times. Maddening.

So, MP, while I'm off doin' stuff, I hope you'll come and post some of the differences you've heard. I'll check back later. :D

I'm thinking maybe the OMC songs are not so different after all. It could be I thought that because it had been a while since I heard the original.
Jury is still out on HMH. I need to listen to both versions of those yet.

:thinking:

To me it seems all the same. I could not see any difference.... or not? Hmmmmm :fortuneteller: :shifty:

I'm thinking maybe the OMC songs are not so different after all. It could be I thought that because it had been a while since I heard the original.
Jury is still out on HMH. I need to listen to both versions of those yet.

I like the new version

I heard this hautingly beautiful song the other night and it made me think of this thread.
Do you think it fits in here?

Yes, I think it fits ideally! I find myself singing this song a lot to myself...I just was yesterday, in fact. Very lovely melody.

So you are changing your mind now about the song OMC? You think now it is the same as the 2003 released version?

Well, like I said, it is so difficult for me to listen closely enough to hear things well enough.

I tried to listen again, though, and I think it could be the same version. The laugh I thought I heard, when I listened again somewhere on YouTube, not the video on mj.com this time, it seems what I heard was his taking a breath prior to singing the next set of words. I wasn't able to hear things too well on mj.com. It came off more like a chuckle to me. :scratch: I think my mind played tricks on me. lol. That's what happens when you can't hear things clearly. To make things worse, I have lost a good deal of hearing in one of my ears...sooo...I have a bit of a hard time with these type of things, anyway. :) But I keep tryin.

Thanks for posting Killing Me Softly, MP! :flowers:

That song killing me softly got me thinking about the One More Chance video and wondered if maybe the plan was him to be onstage singing about one person in the audience since there seemed to be enough tables and chairs for the people there. I wondered if maybe the lady he wanted to sing to didn't show for some reason and maybe he said he may as well be in the audience and everyone else up there. Maybe he wondered what was the point. Then to really tick off the director he went ahead and got them to put everyone on stage.

I noticed when he sits across the railing and at the end of the video he seemed kind of detached.

Did anyone else get any of that or is my mind working overtime.

Did someone really change their name to mushy peas or was that a cruel joke? I hate mushy peas! You ladies are gonna give me nightmares

*throws spaaaagghetttttiiiiiiiii* :wild:ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:unsure:

Someone changed their username 2 "mushy peas"????...oh dear..
and
Did someone really change their name to mushy peas or was that a cruel joke? I hate mushy peas! You ladies are gonna give me nightmares

It wasn't anyone bein' cruel...it was MP being funny! *has a vision of FT sleeping in his bed with a cartoon bubble shaped like a cloud over his head with a picture of MUSHY PEAS in it. Another bubble has FT yelling in his sleep, "NO, NO, NO!!!"

FT said:
That song killing me softly got me thinking about the One More Chance video and wondered if maybe the plan was him to be onstage singing about one person in the audience since there seemed to be enough tables and chairs for the people there. I wondered if maybe the lady he wanted to sing to didn't show for some reason and maybe he said he may as well be in the audience and everyone else up there. Maybe he wondered what was the point. Then to really tick off the director he went ahead and got them to put everyone on stage.

I noticed when he sits across the railing and at the end of the video he seemed kind of detached.

Did anyone else get any of that or is my mind working overtime.
Hmmm. So maybe MJ's LITD was someone he met in Vegas? She's a Vegas girl? (Now I didn't say Vegas Showgirl, so yall calm down). But then she didn't show up for the vid filming after he asked her to? Or was he just figuring she would? This brings up so many questions, your little theory here.

Well, maybe she wouldn't just show up for something like that, just like that, because she would feel awkward or uncomfortable. Maybe she's too shy. Here I live a hop, skip and a jump from Tustin and I go to Tustin al the time, but going to that special video fliming for Hold My Hand would not be something I would feel comfortable going to on my own. I'd feel shy and awkward...and MJ wouldn't even have been there. Imagine in her case if she just showed up...knowing MJ would be there...she'd feel kinda pushy maybe? Or not? Make her feel too obvious?

How sad though if MJ had expected her and she didn't come. Awww. Makes you want to hug that disappointed MJ, doesn't it. :( :hug: I hadn't noticed him looking detached at that point, like you mentioned, FT...maybe so, though. Interesting observation. This might rival your take on the YANA video. Keep your thoughts coming! :)

FT said:
Then to really tick off the director he went ahead and got them to put everyone on stage.
Funny! Just picturing MJ getting his director ticked off...hahaha.

*throws spaaaagghetttttiiiiiiiii* :wild:ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:unsure:
Ya mean, cold, wet, cooked spaghetti? :ph34r: Yikes! :lol: Actually, it brings back a kinda fun memory to me when I was a kid and the boy across the street called me over, and then blind folded me, and led me to different locations in his house. He would say, "Give me your hand...and tell me what you are feeling?" The first thing I felt I told him I didn't know and please tell me what this is! He promptly answered, "It's a human brain! And your hand has been all over it...eww!" Haha. Of course, it was a bowl of wet, cold, cooked spaghetti. Kids are fun, huh? :D

Tosses cold, wet, cooked spaghetti back at wendijane! TARGET!!!

I'm off now to get in my rental car with my son and drive a ways up north for the holiday weekend. I'm having Thanksgiving dinner in the Santa Maria area. Anyone I should be glaring at in that town while I'm there due to the 2005 incident? lol.

See you guys Sunday. Hope there will be some fun posts waiting for me. Maybe AllForMJ will have a chance to post! :wild:

What a bit of luck! :wild: Ladies thank you so much for some fun posts here. MP beautiful and romantic song. You'll don't believe but I'd never heard that song in Roberta Flack version just in other versions like The Carpenters and Jackson 5 and Regina Saraiva. Thanks for that. :flowers:
Hey Shila I hope your holyday weekend will be wonderful. :D Thanksgiving existed in Brazil but no longer exists maybe 'cause wasn't declared a national holiday. (?) :thinking:
God bless all. :)

Last edited:

:friends:

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E~~~

God Bless Always :angel:

:rollingpeace::rollingpeace:

and

It wasn't anyone bein' cruel...it was MP being funny! *has a vision of FT sleeping in his bed with a cartoon bubble shaped like a cloud over his head with a picture of MUSHY PEAS in it. Another bubble has FT yelling in his sleep, "NO, NO, NO!!!"

Hmmm. So maybe MJ's LITD was someone he met in Vegas? She's a Vegas girl? (Now I didn't say Vegas Showgirl, so yall calm down). But then she didn't show up for the vid filming after he asked her to? Or was he just figuring she would? This brings up so many questions, your little theory here.

Well, maybe she wouldn't just show up for something like that, just like that, because she would feel awkward or uncomfortable. Maybe she's too shy. Here I live a hop, skip and a jump from Tustin and I go to Tustin al the time, but going to that special video fliming for Hold My Hand would not be something I would feel comfortable going to on my own. I'd feel shy and awkward...and MJ wouldn't even have been there. Imagine in her case if she just showed up...knowing MJ would be there...she'd feel kinda pushy maybe? Or not? Make her feel too obvious?

How sad though if MJ had expected her and she didn't come. Awww. Makes you want to hug that disappointed MJ, doesn't it. :( :hug: I hadn't noticed him looking detached at that point, like you mentioned, FT...maybe so, though. Interesting observation. This might rival your take on the YANA video. Keep your thoughts coming! :)

Funny! Just picturing MJ getting his director ticked off...hahaha.

Ya mean, cold, wet, cooked spaghetti? :ph34r: Yikes! :lol: Actually, it brings back a kinda fun memory to me when I was a kid and the boy across the street called me over, and then blind folded me, and led me to different locations in his house. He would say, "Give me your hand...and tell me what you are feeling?" The first thing I felt I told him I didn't know and please tell me what this is! He promptly answered, "It's a human brain! And your hand has been all over it...eww!" Haha. Of course, it was a bowl of wet, cold, cooked spaghetti. Kids are fun, huh? :D

I'm off now to get in my rental car with my son and drive a ways up north for the holiday weekend. I'm having Thanksgiving dinner in the Santa Maria area. Anyone I should be glaring at in that town while I'm there due to the 2005 incident? lol.

See you guys Sunday. Hope there will be some fun posts waiting for me. Maybe AllForMJ will have a chance to post! :wild:

:lol: That is one very funny vision! and yes if feel so sorry for michael if she didnt show up, like u id hug him too.

Cold spaghetti aye, just be thankful it wasnt hot boiling spaghetti!

mashed potatooooooooooos!!!!:wild: throws em .weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!*throws cooked turkeys * ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

mashed potatooooooooooos!!!!:wild: throws em .weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!*throws cooked turkeys * ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Ooooouuuuuuch!!! That cooked turkey hit me in the head!:bugeyed You don't have to get so carried away, wendijane! lol!

Yeah! I had that done to me when I was a kid, too! Especially at Halloween time! Some crazy kid's idea of a "Haunted House." They would also peel grapes and have you feel them and ask, "You know what those were?" Of course I would answer, "No" and they would say, "Them were some EYEBALLS!" Yeah ... what fun as kids, eh?

Hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving in Santa Maria, Shila! I wish I were there! No need to "glare" at anyone since all is well that ended well, but then again, it is always fun to glare at people!

*Word to the wise: just make sure all the people you glare at are smaller than you!* lol!

Last edited:
Hey ash, i know its your birthday and i just wanted to say i hope u will have a nice day on your bday.

To All My LITD Friends:

Happy Thanksgiving to All Who Celebrate It (and even to those who don't!)!

And now ...

Mashed Potato Fight!!!:wild:

"NO", Thank YOU For Being YOU~~~"

"Mr.Michael Jackson "truly" has "always" HAD/HAS the "BEST" Fans/Admirers" In The WHOLE Wide Wolrd...!" (c) 1995 - 2010

"KNOW" Forever & Always that "HE" Knew That And "LOVED WHOLEHEARTEDLY EACH AND Everyone Of Us..!

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E~~~

God Bless Always :angel:

:rollingpeace::rollingpeace:

Last edited:
Back