Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Oh and about "The Way You Love Me", I kind of thought too that some vocals towards the end were a bit different than on the one we heard before. :scratch:

Yeah for sure, added onto all the Oooooooooo Oooooooo Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:
I like that better, As much as I like the Ooooooooo's it does go on for a while :sleeping: :lol: Just breaks it up a little, and yep the vocal's on that part at the end are in a different tone.. Love it :wub:

Yeah for sure, added onto all the Oooooooooo Oooooooo Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:
I like that better, As much as I like the Ooooooooo's it does go on for a while :sleeping: :lol: Just breaks it up a little, and yep the vocal's on that part at the end are in a different tone.. Love it :wub:

No, I didn't mean the "oooooo ooooo ooooo" part. :lol: :lol: :lol: Michael can "ooo ooo ooo" for as long as he likes....I won't get tired of if it! -_- :lol:

What's your take on the part "I am the moonlight....you are the spring...our life's a sacret thing"..? What could he mean with moonlight and spring? I mean, if I don't try to analyze it with my mind and just listen with my heart, I kind of get it...but still...anyone wanna try to say it "in other words"? :scratch: :lol: :lol: Is it moonlight and spring as in sort of opposites attrack kind of thing? Or different kind of "personalities" but both with good sides and important the way they are, the way nature created them? Or moonlight and spring as in...one that shines during (through?) dark time (or...someone who is in a "spotlight"...which looks sort of like moonlight?)....and one is something (someone) equal to when new life begins and starts to blossom...young, vibrant, fresh (screaming, adoring fans? :lol:)...etc.? What's your take on it? Like I said, I "kind of" get it when I listen to the song and just let it "flow" and don't try to analyze with my brain....but I can't put it into words what I think it means. Anyone who wants to share what they think that part means? :)

summer!!! What's left to be said? You have wonderful suggestions on what moonlight and spring could be meaning here. Nice job. You "kinda get it"? I think you very much get it. :)

And thanks to both you and Lorraine for confirming what I was thinking regarding the vocals at the end of (I Like)The Way you Love Me.

By the way, I wanted to find a pic on their site of the t-shirt I got at Ed Hardy's to show you, but they didn't showcase it where the t-shirts are pictured, but, I happened to see a photo of a girl modeling a headband of theirs, and lo and behold, she happens to be wearing my t-shirt! I also took a pic of it on my bed after I got home, but the camera in my phone is not too good, so it's a weak picture all around, but it gives you the idea. :D

thumbca1730md.jpg

teem.png

I thought it was sweet with the little pink roses and the baby blue and cream. ^_^

It is so pretty Shila.

What is that song you were talking about with the moonlight and spring Summer? (Spring...summer???? something you aren't telling us here? ;) )

Sounds beautiful, the song. I think I'm missing out on lots here.

summer!!! What's left to be said? You have wonderful suggestions on what moonlight and spring could be meaning here. Nice job. You "kinda get it"? I think you very much get it. :)

And thanks to both you and Lorraine for confirming what I was thinking regarding the vocals at the end of (I Like)The Way you Love Me.

By the way, I wanted to find a pic on their site of the t-shirt I got at Ed Hardy's to show you, but they didn't showcase it where the t-shirts are pictured, but, I happened to see a photo of a girl modeling a headband of theirs, and lo and behold, she happens to be wearing my t-shirt! I also took a pic of it on my bed after I got home, but the camera in my phone is not too good, so it's a weak picture all around, but it gives you the idea. :D

thumbca1730md.jpg

teem.png

I thought it was sweet with the little pink roses and the baby blue and cream. ^_^

Aaaww, that's cute! Some of the Ed Hardy stuff are nice. I'd still wanna get that green hoodie with the shiny bits that MJ was once wearing. (Of course...:lol: My mom calls me "magpie" because when ever I see some piece of clothing with some shiny or sparkly things on it I am like "AAAAHHH!! Look at this!! I want this!!" :wild: :wild: :wild: :toofunny: :toofunny: My mom always has to roll her eyes and laugh and go "Oh you MAGPIE!!" :smilerolleyes::doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:) I really liked that jacket. Well, especially on MJ...:wub::wub:

It is so pretty Shila.

What is that song you were talking about with the moonlight and spring Summer? (Spring...summer???? something you aren't telling us here? ;) )

Sounds beautiful, the song. I think I'm missing out on lots here.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!! *huuuugggggggggggssssss* How are you? How's life? How's that movie of yours...Tsunami...Tamani...Tumani? What was it called again? :scratch::lol: Good to see you around!! *huuggsss*

Oh yeah....MJ was gonna sing "I am da Michael...you are da Summ"....but that would have been just a BIT too obvious, now wouldn't it? :dont_mention_it: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Besides, MISS LOVE IN THE DARK...didn't we already come to the conclusion years ago that YOU were MJ's "love in the dark" and were supposed to go on a "honeymoon tour" with him? I mean, I clearly remember a wedding planned into detail too....eveyone wearing zorro masks... the honeymoon tour....and so on. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh gosh, that chat was hiiiiiiilarious!!! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: I wish I would have saved it!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What's your take on the part "I am the moonlight....you are the spring...our life's a sacret thing"..?

Even though i havent heard it yet but from reading that, it reminds me of "you are my life" from the invincible cd lol

No, I didn't mean the "oooooo ooooo ooooo" part. :lol: :lol: :lol: Michael can "ooo ooo ooo" for as long as he likes....I won't get tired of if it! -_- :lol:

I wouldnt get tired of hearing that either lol

Okay, I'm going to post some things about this song I am so enamored with:

Behind the Mask.

I love it, and have been listening to it non-stop. Have any of you?

I know some were not into the sax, but I adore the sax, to me that instrument does such a fine job of offering a sensual, passionate vibe to many songs, and I think it was the perfect touch for this one, for I think Behind the Mask's has its fair amount of passionate feelings being communcated within it. Yes? There is some major frustration going on with the girl.

First, here are the lyrics the CD gives to us, and have left some key lyrics off.

maskpk.jpg

It doesn't include what MJ repeats in the chorus. I'm going to post what I think he is singing, but first it's also interesting to note that his lyrics are not exactly the same as the lyrics both Eric Clapton and Greg Phillinganes used in their versions. Here below are theirs, and also, Eric adds "I'm so confused" after the chorus, and Greg ends with "I don't want to talk about it" like MJ, but Eric, does not. (I copied this from a lyrics site and I notice now they abbreviated the chorus quite a bit).

btmd.jpg

They both kept the song short and sweet, but MJ, his lyrics fills it out more and makes it certainly more interesting for us in here that way. Here's what he says in it (and my typical disclaimer...I may not be hearing everything right...he's doing the mumble-jumble-hard-to-discern-the-words bit, just to dirve me nuts again!! Please, if you hear something different than me...do share!):)

MJ's words in black text...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All along, I had to talk about it
Like a two-edged sword he touched you, and it stabbed me (hiccup)

Last edited:
I was listening to "Best of Joy" (yes...AGAIN. :lol: I can't get enough of it!!) and this hit me all of the sudden: Do you guys think "Beautiful Girl", "The Way You Love Me" and "Best of Joy" were all written at the (around) the same time? :scratch: They kind of have a similar type of sound...all such sweet, beautiful, positive songs...all about profound love really....What do you guys think?

I was listening to "Best of Joy" (yes...AGAIN. :lol: I can't get enough of it!!) and this hit me all of the sudden: Do you guys think "Beautiful Girl", "The Way You Love Me" and "Best of Joy" were all written at the (around) the same time? :scratch: They kind of have a similar type of sound...all such sweet, beautiful, positive songs...all about profound love really....What do you guys think?
and
Well, I read in another thread someone saying that Best of Joy was between 2008-2009. :thinking:

summer, that is a good question. All three do all have a similar light and airy, positive, loving feel to them.

This is how I responded to your question a few posts back when you asked about Best of Joy:

The impression I got, maybe it was just inferred, was that he wrote it and laid down the vocals sometime late 2008 or the first half of 2009. I believe it was stated that this was the last song he worked on...but then again, also around this time he apparently pulled out again The Way You Love Me to polish it up.

Here is what is said about Best of Joy supposedly in the CD booklet:
6. "Best of Joy"
One of the last songs that Jackson worked on before passing away, "Best of Joy"'s message of commitment takes on a new resonance in the wake of the singer's death: "I am forever," Jackson coos, adding, "We'll never part/Our love is from the heart." Feemster says that the track was completely finished before Jackson's death, and that it was meant to be unveiled during his "This Is It" tour. "You can't help but smile when you hear it," the producer says of the song.

These then, Best of Joy and (I like) The Way You Love Me, were the two songs he most recently worked on (of this album, anyway, that we know of).

But when it comes to Michael Jackson, when a song is worked on, compared to when the song was originally written, can be two different time periods. He has been known to shelf songs, right? And then he pulls them off the shelf later and reworks them or adds to them.

This could mean also when he first wrote the song, he simpy jotted the lyrics down on a piece of paper and filed it away; or, he could have grabbed his tape recorder also, and then laid down a very rough demo tape; or, he could have gone into the studio at that same time period and recorded a better vocal on studio equipment as a guide tape; or, he wrote it right then for an album he was working on and had the song all worked out in his mind and got enough of it recorded (including instruments, arrangements all done, etc) and submitted it to be considered for the album. (I Like) The Way You Love Me would fall in this last category, but didn't make the cut for Invincible...same with Beautiful Girl.

So MJ pulled out The Way You Love Me in 2008/2009 with the intent of reworking it, even though he had written the song supposedly around the time of Beautiful Girl...I think, 1999ish, and had recorded it the first time during the Invincible album recording sessions with the instruments and arrangements generally in place to give the idea. (The Hold My Hand leaked version, as well as the Another Day leaked version, both were songs that had been developed to that same stage, almost sounding full and complete, but still needing final touches).

Could MJ have written Best of Joy at that same time as The Way You Love Me and Beautiful Girl, 1999ish, and then MJ decided to rework it in 2008/2009?

summer, I think that is possible. No where has it been indicated when he wrote
Best of Joy, as far as I know.

Even with This Is It, and Behind the Mask, these songs were written in the early 1980's, and had a rough demo of his vocals floating around. Paul Anka had the original demo of MJ's vocals of This Is It(I Never Heard), with the lyrics they had both decided on, in his archives, and MJ had his own demo tape that he had copied from that one, supposedly. This is the copy the Estate apparently found in a box. However, when SaFire got permission by them both to record it in the early 1990's, the lyrics are clearly not the lyrics in the the recent This Is It version, and, when Paul Anka performed it live after MJ's death, he did not sing the lyrics like the recent version, plus played a small bit of the MJ vocal demo he had for the audience as a tribute, and to me, it does not quite match what we hear in the song, This Is It. Therefore, at some point, MJ rewrote the lyrics and taped his vocals again refelcting those changes, and that is what we ended up with. When he did this, we do not know.

Same with Behind the Mask. It seems MJ got permission from the original song writers in the early 1980's, (whose version was mostly instrumental but had that techno chorus with some lyrics) and MJ then added lyrics for the verses and the echoing of the techno chorus. But are those lyrics from that time period, and the corresponding demo with his singing them (that he must have done at that time), what we are hearing in Behind the Mask on the album, Michael? If so, why would the lyrics done by Greg Phillinganes, 1984, and Eric Clapton (who learned the song through Greg, who joined his band) 1987, be so different from MJ's? I think because MJ pulled out that song at a later date and reworked it and changed the lyrics, like he did with This Is It. I could be wrong, of course, these are just my observations and some thoughts I've had about all this, while trying to make sense of the lyric changes on different versions.

So... Michael was known to write a song long ago, and then pull it out later to rework it, and maybe that is the case with Best of Joy. :) Or, he did actually write it special for his fans to honor them, when in LA, 2008/2009.

Last edited:
But when it comes to Michael Jackson, when a song is worked on, compared to when the song was originally written, can be two different time periods. He has been known to shelf songs, right? And then he pulls them off the shelf later and reworks them or adds to them.

This could mean also when he first wrote the song, he simpy jotted the lyrics down on a piece of paper and filed it away; or, he could have grabbed his tape recorder also, and then laid down a very rough demo tape; or, he could have gone into the studio at that same time period and recorded a better vocal on studio equipment as a guide tape; or, he wrote it right then for an album he was working on and had the song all worked out in his mind and got enough of it recorded (including instruments, arrangements all done, etc) and submitted it to be considered for the album. (I Like) The Way You Love Me would fall in this last category, but didn't make the cut for Invincible...same with Beautiful Girl.

So MJ pulled out The Way You Love Me in 2008/2009 with the intent of reworking it, even though he had written the song supposedly around the time of Beautiful Girl...I think, 1999ish, and had recorded it the first time during the Invincible album recording sessions with the instruments and arrangements generally in place to give the idea. (The Hold My Hand leaked version, as well as the Another Day leaked version, both were songs that had been developed to that same stage, almost sounding full and complete, but still needing final touches).

Could MJ have written Best of Joy at that same time as The Way You Love Me and Beautiful Girl, 1999ish, and then MJ decided to rework it in 2008/2009?

summer, I think that is possible. No where has it been indicated when he wrote
Best of Joy, as far as I know.

Even with This Is It, and Behind the Mask, these songs were written in the early 1980's, and had a rough demo of his vocals floating around. Paul Anka had the original demo of MJ's vocals of This Is It(I Never Heard), with the lyrics they had both decided on, in his archives, and MJ had his own demo tape that he had copied from that one, supposedly. This is the copy the Estate apparently found in a box. However, when SaFire got permission by them both to record it in the early 1990's, the lyrics are clearly not the lyrics in the the recent This Is It version, and, when Paul Anka performed it live after MJ's death, he did not sing the lyrics like the recent version, plus played a small bit of the MJ vocal demo he had for the audience as a tribute, and to me, it does not quite match what we hear in the song, This Is It. Therefore, at some point, MJ rewrote the lyrics and taped his vocals again refelcting those changes, and that is what we ended up with. When he did this, we do not know.

Same with Behind the Mask. It seems MJ got permission from the original song writers in the early 1980's, (whose version was mostly instrumental but had that techno chorus with some lyrics) and MJ then added lyrics for the verses and the echoing of the techno chorus. But are those lyrics from that time period, and the corresponding demo with his singing them (that he must have done at that time), what we are hearing in Behind the Mask on the album, Michael? If so, why would the lyrics done by Greg Phillinganes, 1984, and Eric Clapton (who learned the song through Greg, who joined his band) 1987, be so different from MJ's? I think because MJ pulled out that song at a later date and reworked it and changed the lyrics, like he did with This Is It. I could be wrong, of course, these are just my observations and some thoughts I've had about all this, while trying to make sense of the lyric changes on different versions.

So... Michael was known to write a song long ago, and then pull it out later to rework it, and maybe that is the case with Best of Joy. :)

:agree:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

:shifty:​

And summer, this is sooo sweet what you posted in the Best of Joy thread (I hope you don't mind my copying it here). I think Michael would be so blessed to know fans felt like this about his song, and that they are finding it comforting and soothing to listen to.

Originally Posted by summer
Same here. I think that's how most of the fans feel and that's why most of us love the song so much. It's like he's singing to all of us. And considering he is no longer with us, it feels even so much more special. But at the same time when ever I listen to the song, it makes me so so SO extremely sad that he is gone. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Finally when he was able to enjoy life again and able to feel joy again... his life was taken from him. And from us. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: I really hope and pray to God that he knew how extremely LOVED he was....how MUCH we all cared (and still do) about him...and that no matter what had happened...WE were all still there...because we love him and care about him. I really hope he knew he never lost us. We never left. When I hear the song, it makes me smile when he sings "I am forever...we are forever"....Because it reminds me of the happy moments at his hotels and at his concerts when it felt like it was our own little happy world....like we were all a big, happy family. And to know we all still come to the forums, still miss him, still talk about him, still listen to his music...it feels like "we are forever". You know, we'll always be here...and MJ will always be with us in our hearts and thoughts and prayers and memories....and his music will always be here to bring us joy. But most of all....it's the happy memories that really are the "best of joy". He brought SO MUCH joy into our lives and at least I love to think about the special memories I have...it's now the memories that bring me joy. I am so happy that I was able to be on this earth at the same time MJ was here.

...And if I there will ever come a day when he feels too far away...I'll just listen to "Best Of Joy" and I am sure I'll feel close to him again. :yes:

As long as we keep the memories alive....Michael will be alive. :yes:

Anyways...just wanted to say again how MUCH I love that song.

PS: Favoritetune posted the nicest advice awhile back:
FT said:
When the new CD is out cellebrate him and let his voice mend your souls as it's always done.

I think Best of Joy is just the right song to help mend our souls. :) :flowers:

Last edited:
Okay ladies PLEASE NO THROWING ANYMORE Peas!

The new CD is great hunh?

Dang Shilah your post is interesting but I'm gonna throw a twist on it if I may. When I first heard the song I didn't think of love I thought of someone who was out to hurt Michael and maybe use him and other people.

It starts off where he even says he knew all along she was a phony. He sings truth is her hiding place like she dances around the truth. I imagine for some reason a huge tree where someone tries to find someone but they keep going in circles ahead of them and tend to hide really well.

The song sounds to me like he was confused about some lady saying she loved him while sneaking around seeing some other guy. It talks about wearing masks and it sounds like she wasn't being open but maybe like the intro said controlling her world.

There's a line that says there's nothing in your eyes, that's the way you cry all is grand all is bright you're just studying my mind. To me it sounds like she was some fake he had around him putting on phony tears for sympathy. It also isn't like the song Who Is It, it seems like he knew who this guy was and is asking is it him or me that you love. In who is it there seemed like there was another guy around and he wanted to know who he was. This song sounds like he saw some lady he was liking with another guy and wasn't wondering who he was but if she loved him. Maybe the girl was telling him and someone else that she loved them.

He sings was I invited to your masquarade so take off the mask so I can see your face. Sounds like maybe he caught someone in the truth they were trying to hide from him. The first time I heard the song I thought I heard him say I had to wear a mask to see your face but I'm not hearing that now.

One part it sounds like he's saying don't need don't wantcha after heaven must be wearing or waring.

I just listened to the song with the adlibs and the end does make you think about a lady who actually loved him but maybe in the midst or after effect of him "walking around in his doom" a love in the dark lady was calling out to him and I notice in the song she gets louder and louder at the end so maybe it became clear to MJ who did love him and wasn't out to use him like too many women were.

How's that?

I am your joy sounds like a song about love.

I think wasn't it I that said you're free could have meant that he wasn't since he was always trapped in the spotlight and cameras snapping at him.

When he sings I carried you around when everyone else let you fall I think about how his songs could have been reaching out to some "love in the dark" and maybe carried her for many years through some bad stuff.

Where's AllforMJ and all the other ladies?

GRRR i still havent got the cd yet!!!! :rant: but my bro is coming over tonite and is gonna let me listen 2 his copy :)

I cant wait to hear it.

One more thought on that song behind the mask

Maybe he's saying there's nothing in your eyes that's the way you cry as if someone cries so hard you'd think there was something in their eyes and studying his mind makes her cry?

I'm confused on what to think about the song cause it starts off with the line all along I knew you were a phony and those words do not sound like it's about true love. However when people are angry sometimes they do take words to the extreme and that may have been the case. Shila can you give us your interpretation on the starting lyrics?

Heaven must be waring could mean getting tired but there are words after that I couldn't make out but there's another option for you to consider in your interpretation.

The song is s remake so maybe there were just some things he connected to in it. As for me I'm very confused, any help?

Just heard behind the mask b4 and i love it!

I think what michael is trying to say to his girl "i cant wait much longer, i need to know how u feel!"

And i think when he said "heaven" in the song- he was refering to his love

Just heard behind the mask b4 and i love it!

I think what michael is trying to say to his girl "i cant wait much longer, i need to know how u feel!"

And i think when he said "heaven" in the song- he was refering to his love

I'm so glad you like it, too! :clapping: And I have thought that, too, about the "I can't wait much longer, I need to know how you feel!" There is enough in the lyrics and his attitude when he sings them that make you think he is at his rope's end.
Okay ladies PLEASE NO THROWING ANYMORE Peas!
Hi there, Favoritetune :) And um...
peainapodbuntinginfantc.jpg

Speaking of little ones with sweet faces, isn't this below just the cutest picture ever?
hmhphoto.jpg

FT said:
The new CD is great hunh?
It ended up being a very controversial album, but it is an album where I enjoy every song well enough to listen straight through, and that isn't often the case. In my past I've spent money on albums because I liked a song off of it that I heard on the radio, and then I get the album home (in the old days of purchasing records in a record store), and end up liking only one or two songs off of it max. It's quite disappointing for someone who likes to listen to an album being played all the way through to the end. So in other words, I've wasted my money more than once. But not so, with Michael. :D

FT said:
He sings truth is her hiding place like she dances around the truth. I imagine for some reason a huge tree where someone tries to find someone but they keep going in circles ahead of them and tend to hide really well.
Nice illustration.

FT said:
The song sounds to me like he was confused about some lady saying she loved him while sneaking around seeing some other guy. It talks about wearing masks and it sounds like she wasn't being open but maybe like the intro said controlling her world.
Well, if you go by the Greg Phillinganes music video for the song, the girl is definitely depicted as this type. She seems cold and self-absorbed, and the type a guy's good friends would warn him about and suggest she might not be the "faithful" type. The idea for fashioning the "girl's type" was built around the few lyrics in the original song by the Yellow Magic Orchestra, and their lyrics are hard to discern. Here's my guess:

Heaven must be wearing
You're smiling inside
Lies and tears
mirrors and fears
rolling, polling
just controlling (2x)

There is nothing in your eyes
But that's the way you cry
All is grand, all is bright
You're just studying my mind (2x)

I did give some thought after asking the question (and thanks, FT, for your input), "What does Heaven must be wearing mean?" and here above, with these lyrics, if he is perceiving her giving a satisfied smile inside, which could mean he sees her as wishing to "wear" heaven down, or have more control of these around her than even Heaven does (which, of course, means God). In MJ's version it could mean, Heaven is wearing out,( like you said, FT), "getting tired", of the way this relationship is going and is no longer there for him to help in the situation with this girl, or, Heaven is wearing thin, and is losing patience with this relationship and is no longer there for him for help...because he is not getting his answers...from Heaven/God about what is going on with this confusing girl.

FT said:
It also isn't like the song Who Is It, it seems like he knew who this guy was and is asking is it him or me that you love. In who is it there seemed like there was another guy around and he wanted to know who he was. This song sounds like he saw some lady he was liking with another guy and wasn't wondering who he was but if she loved him. Maybe the girl was telling him and someone else that she loved them.
Nice breakdown: Who Is It (he doesn't know the guy, hasn't seen him, but imagines some guy is in her life); Behind the Mask (he has apparently seen the guy with her and her actions make it sound like she could want that guy more than she wants him); and then we have a third song, Serious Effect (he has seen the guy and from her actions it appears she's interested, and this has an affect on him). So are any of these songs about the LITD girl?

FT said:
He sings was I invited to your masquarade so take off the mask so I can see your face.
FT, those lyrics are not from MJ's version, but from the Clapton and Phillinganes versions. So I think it would have no bearing on what MJ might be saying here regarding the LITD girl or any girl.

FT said:
One part it sounds like he's saying don't need don't wantcha after heaven must be wearing or waring.
I didn't hear those words. Hmm. It seems to me, that MJ's version, has reworked lyrics that are not coming down so hard on the girl. True, he does say phoney at the beginning...but I still kinda think it could mean just how confused and frustrated he is with her not being clear on who she loves. And it is possible she is just as confused or scared, but not meaning to be uncool, and because he feels close to her, he is calling her on it to....wake her up, maybe?

FT said:
I just listened to the song with the adlibs and the end does make you think about a lady who actually loved him but maybe in the midst or after effect of him "walking around in his doom" a love in the dark lady was calling out to him and I notice in the song she gets louder and louder at the end so maybe it became clear to MJ who did love him and wasn't out to use him like too many women were.
I noticed that, too, as if the idea is she wants to make it so very clear, she is being so emphatic, leaving no doubt, and ending with a string of confirming yeah, yeah, yeahs, and that last yeah is stetched out for further emphasis and that is the last "word (heard) on the subject" if she loves him or not. So yeah. I see what you mean. Do you think MJ finally got the picture? Well, like I said earlier, he is singng "Oh girl, you're mine" at the end....maybe out of happy relief after she's reassured him?

FT said:
How's that?
Wonderful! It's so nice to have this discussion and focus on MJ's lyrics again in here. :)

and your thoughts on Best of Joy:
FT said:
I am your joy sounds like a song about love.

I think wasn't it I that said you're free could have meant that he wasn't since he was always trapped in the spotlight and cameras snapping at him.
Interesting take. Hmm.

FT said:
When he sings I carried you around when everyone else let you fall I think about how his songs could have been reaching out to some "love in the dark" and maybe carried her for many years through some bad stuff.
He certainly has done that for his fans . Maybe if the LITD girl has been his fan as well for many years, he did that for her, too, for she would have always been buying his music all along, and having that opportunity to be blessed and encouraged by his music.

FT said:
Where's AllforMJ and all the other ladies?
I know! I'm enjoying discussing all this with you and 8701girl, but a thread is always most enjoyable when several join in and add input. Maybe AllForMJ will drop by soon...although the holiday season is often a busy time. And SoS, I get the impression, has to rely for now on some device, like a Blackberry?, to do all her typing...and we love her long thought-filled posts, but that's a lot of thumb texting. So I understand. Hope Ape and summer keep visiting...and all the gang! You know who you are!

One more thought on that song behind the mask

Maybe he's saying there's nothing in your eyes that's the way you cry as if someone cries so hard you'd think there was something in their eyes and studying his mind makes her cry?
That could be it, and sounds like you're then maybe now willing to give the girl a break and not make her out to be such a cold cookie?

FT said:
The song is s remake so maybe there were just some things he connected to in it.
I think his foremost connection was the music, not the lyrics, but the melody and beat, the clever techno thing, and its overall unique feel, doncha think? I think in this case, building the lyrics around it was secondary, but in MJ's version, the lyrics were largely all his own(except for the few lines from YMO)...so, it makes a good song to analyze that way. :D Thanks, FT, for sharing all your thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you like it, too! :clapping: And I have thought that, too, about the "I can't wait much longer, I need to know how you feel!" There is enough in the lyrics and his attitude when he sings them that make you think he is at his rope's end.

Hi there, Favoritetune :) And um...
peainapodbuntinginfantc.jpg

Yes i think he was sick & tired of the games she was playing and wanted her to be real with him.

AWW those poor peas :giggle:

Ok girls ,i'm not as good as you are but i enjoy this place alot i can call it home :lol:

was this LITD a girl with special ways in expressing her love to him ??
in his song I like " the way you love me ", he insists on " it does not matter how you .... me"

now why it does not matter, maybe she is a little bit tougher than we think ! u know since MJ said many times he likes tough girls !

The way you love me
(2000, written by Michael Jackson)

Eh, this is the tempo
And this is the melody
"I was alone in the dark when I met ya", drum

*beatboxing*

Like that, y'know

I was alone in the dark when I met ya (Uuuhuuh)
You took my hand and you told me you loved me (Uuuhuuh)

I was alone, there was no Love in my life
(I was alone, there was no Love in my life)
I was afraid of life and you came in time
(I was afraid of life and you came in time)
You took my hand and we kissed in the moonlight
(You took my hand and we kissed in the moonlight)

(Uuuuuh)

I like the way how you holdin' me
(It doesn't matter how you are holdin' me)
I like the way how you lovin' me
(It doesn't matter how you are lovin' me)
I like the way how you touchin' me
(It doesn't matter how you are touchin' me)
I like the way how you kissin' me
(It doesn't matter how you are kissin' me)
You'll see

It won't be long 'til we make vows, I bet ya (Uuuhuuh)
I thank the heavens above that I met ya (Uuuhuuh)

I was alone, there was no Love in my life
(I was alone, there was no Love in my life)
I was afraid of life and you came in time
(I was afraid of life and you came in time)
You took my hand and we kissed in the moonlight
(You took my hand and we kissed in the moonlight)

(Uuuuuh)

The world's a better place cause you came in time
(The world's a better place cause you came in time)
You took away the rain and brought the sunshine
(You took away the rain and brought the sunshine)
I was afraid cause I was hurt the last time
(I was afraid cause I was hurt the last time)

(Uuuh Aaah)

You'll see

Uuuhuuh
Uuuhuuh
Uuuhuuh
Uuuhuuh
Uuuhuuh
Uuuhuuh
Uuuhuuh
Uuuhuuh

(I like the way how you holdin' me (Uuuhuuh)
I like the way how you lovin' me (Uuuhuuh)
I like the way how you touchin' me (Uuuhuuh)

You'll see

another thing:
in Best of Joy : MJ say "Let come what may we do get by "
what does this mean ? either fan wise( which i luuuuve alot" or LITD wise !

Ok girls ,i'm not as good as you are but i enjoy this place alot i can call it home :lol:
Of course you can call this place home! So glad you've been posting lately, Ohood, and are offering up your thoughts to us. :)

Ohood said:
was this LITD a girl with special ways in expressing her love to him ??
in his song I like " the way you love me ", he insists on " it does not matter how you .... me"

now why it does not matter, maybe she is a little bit tougher than we think ! u know since MJ said many times he likes tough girls !
Hmmm, would you mind expounding on this a bit? What do you mean by a "tough girl" here? Can you describe that? (I Like)The Way You Love Me is such a beautiful song. I do agree with summer that the three songs, (IL)TWYLM, BG (not Blue Gansta, but Beautiful Girl! haha) and Best of Joy have a similar sweet, pure, loving feel to them. When I listen to (IL)TWYLM I feel all tinglely inside...do you guys know what I mean? It's almost like God's spirit has breathed something so deep and pure into it. :heart: It's so lovely.

Ohood said:
another thing:
in Best of Joy : MJ say "Let come what may we do get by "
what does this mean ? either fan wise( which i luuuuve alot" or LITD wise !
That is an interesting lyric, Ohood. For the litdg it might have to do with his not being able to get together with her for different reasons and he needed them both to be patient and live their lives separately until all things were "a go." Yet, for the time being, they were getting by while waiting...and with the future still unsure, he included, "Come what may." Plus, regardless of "come what may" their love was intact either way...good ending, or not so good ending, and he would in the meantime continue to be her best of joy, and she...his? I guess so, if he compares her to the spring and other nice things in the song. :)

The way I understand the line "It doesn't matter how"...is that he likes her the way she is, and what she does...Just having her around is enough and how she kisses him or touches him doesn't matter because every kiss and touch, etc. is exciting and filled with just as much love as any other. At least that's what I think he means. You know, when you're really in love...you just wanna have that person around and it doesn't matter what they do, because you get butterflies from just having them around.

And the way I'd interpret "come what may we do get by"....You know, no matter what the future brings...no matter what kind of obstacles or tough times...they'll get by. MJ had gone through two difficult scandals... people were calling him weird...he had gone through two divorces...they said he was having trouble financially...people were calling him a "has been" and all kinds of mean names....so if they could get through all of that...then "come what may"....they'll probably get through whatever obstacles might come in the future too. They'll stick together in the future too, no matter what happens. You know, kind of like "true love" is supposed to be. When you get married you promise to be there in good and bad times, in sickness and in health. So to me that line "come what may we do get by" is equal to that sort of thing. No matter where life takes us...no matter what happens...we'll get by because we've got each other. That's how I understand that line. But that's the beauty of song lyrics and art because you can interpret it any way you want and it can mean one thing to me and something completely different to someone else and it can also be totally different from what the writer had in mind. :yes:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!! *huuuugggggggggggssssss* How are you? How's life? How's that movie of yours...Tsunami...Tamani...Tumani? What was it called again? :scratch::lol: Good to see you around!! *huuggsss*

Oh yeah....MJ was gonna sing "I am da Michael...you are da Summ"....but that would have been just a BIT too obvious, now wouldn't it? :dont_mention_it: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Besides, MISS LOVE IN THE DARK...didn't we already come to the conclusion years ago that YOU were MJ's "love in the dark" and were supposed to go on a "honeymoon tour" with him? I mean, I clearly remember a wedding planned into detail too....eveyone wearing zorro masks... the honeymoon tour....and so on. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh gosh, that chat was hiiiiiiilarious!!! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: I wish I would have saved it!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
SSSUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :D lol. How have you been? My life has been both up and down. Some pretty difficult things to deal with but I'm surviving. You were so close on the movie, it was "Tumaini" (still is actually..lol). I guess it is making a slow progression around various venues in Canada. The Producer is getting it out there a bit, but it is an independent feature so its a slow go (I think, I haven't really been following).

:lol: yeah I forgot about the honeymoon tour. I do remember something about Anjel but I can't remember what it was regarding. We've had some fun talks :) :cheers:Like I've said at least a million times, it would be wonderful to have all my online friends be in person friends. That would be nice. I wonder if MJ ever felt that way about the fans, or something similar.

Where is everyone hearing the album already??? Isn't it supposed to be out on the 14th? I pre-ordered mine but it is still not here though sent on the 2nd. It had better at least be here tomorrow because I don't want to have to go buy it again already. Dang Michael making me spend all my money..lol (jk).

Well this has given me something to look forward to from reading all the thoughts/lyrics etc. I miss all you guys.

Well this has given me something to look forward to from reading all the thoughts/lyrics etc. I miss all you guys.
I always miss you when I haven't seen you around these parts for awhile. :) I start thinkin', "Where is that APE?!" Sorry to hear about you having some recent tough times, but I know you, you're a survivor! Hang in there, as always :hug:

Like I've said at least a million times, it would be wonderful to have all my online friends be in person friends. That would be nice. I wonder if MJ ever felt that way about the fans, or something similar.
Hmm, I wonder, too :scratch: ...maybe...:)

The way I understand the line "It doesn't matter how"...is that he likes her the way she is, and what she does...Just having her around is enough and how she kisses him or touches him doesn't matter because every kiss and touch, etc. is exciting and filled with just as much love as any other. At least that's what I think he means. You know, when you're really in love...you just wanna have that person around and it doesn't matter what they do, because you get butterflies from just having them around.

And the way I'd interpret "come what may we do get by"....You know, no matter what the future brings...no matter what kind of obstacles or tough times...they'll get by. MJ had gone through two difficult scandals... people were calling him weird...he had gone through two divorces...they said he was having trouble financially...people were calling him a "has been" and all kinds of mean names....so if they could get through all of that...then "come what may"....they'll probably get through whatever obstacles might come in the future too. They'll stick together in the future too, no matter what happens. You know, kind of like "true love" is supposed to be. When you get married you promise to be there in good and bad times, in sickness and in health. So to me that line "come what may we do get by" is equal to that sort of thing. No matter where life takes us...no matter what happens...we'll get by because we've got each other. That's how I understand that line. But that's the beauty of song lyrics and art because you can interpret it any way you want and it can mean one thing to me and something completely different to someone else and it can also be totally different from what the writer had in mind. :yes:
summer, your interpretations above seem pretty spot on to me. :yes:

And I thought this was really sweet what you put here:

You know, when you're really in love...you just wanna have that person around and it doesn't matter what they do, because you get butterflies from just having them around.

:wub:

Aww, "butterflies" takes me back in time in here. Wasn't it on this shopping trip of MJ's in fall 2008 that he was wearing pinned to his lapel two black fluffy butterflies (or at least we thought maybe that is what we were seeing...even in the pic below they are hard to see).

butterfliesu.jpg

And then it was so special that it was arranged for Deniece Williams to sing her lovely song, Black Butterfly at the Gary, Indiana Memorial/Tribute service they had for MJ not long after he died. :crying: Her performance gave me chills.

Here's a YouTube version, to bring it back to your memory...
[youtube]I87wCxykxyE[/youtube]

A dream conceived in truth can never die...

Last edited:
Thank you Shila :).

...but... where are you hearing the album? Could you buy it early there or are people hearing leaks online?

Thank you Shila :).

...but... where are you hearing the album? Could you buy it early there or are people hearing leaks online?

You're welcome, and on the official site, michaeljackson.com, for a few days they were giving fans a preview of the album by streaming the whole thing. But it seems to no longer be there, at least, just now, I couldn't find it. I'm sorry, Ape. :(

oh wow. I guess I do miss quite a bit online (though am getting more done and get more quality time with my kids without it... as shameful as it was that it took away from that, I have to admit that it did, and now it doesn't but I still miss my pals and all the news etc)

So does the album support all our theories and stuff in here? Did it help to answer any questions or just make it all more foggy?

I think we've only just begun to dig into the lyrics. Once the album is out and all of us have it in our hot little hands, we can really get going and see if any of the songs support our past theories.

One thing I'd like to mention, is Ape, it is no small thing that you have been such a faithful single mom all these years for your kids. I know it's been hard. And not just you, but there are the other single moms in this thread, AllForMJ, SoS, and Sdeidjs. I admire you all so. And I hope that you all will take MJ's words to heart in the song Keep Your Head Up, for that song is such a beautiful encouragement to all working single moms that have been doing it on their own for so long.

The chorus alone is so beautiful:

Keeping your head up to the sky!
Keeping your mind stay alive,
Keeping your wings so we can fly,
Keep your head up, tonight!
Keeping your head up to the sky,
We can just rise up, tell me now
Give me your wings so we can fly!
Ooh my

I have not had this as a situation ever in my life, and I'm not sure I would do half as well as any of you are doing. You are all amazing women for staying so strong.

Please be encouraged by his words.

PS: This line in the song kills me every time:

She waits her life away

Last edited:
Back