Discovery Cancels MJ Autopsy Show

Oh wowwwza! Fantastic news!!!!
I didn't think this was possible when I heard the Estate got the brush off.
Well done everyone, Estate & Fans! Happy New Year!
God bless Michael. He'd be so proud of his fans who did this for him :heart:

Last edited:
This lady did a lot -

http://twitter.com/#!/DeborahFfrench

And have you seen the letter from Dr. Patrick Treacy to the Discovery Execs...

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=181436021883827&id=121841604513608

Dr. Treacy treated Michael when he lived in Ireland in 2006-2007 or so. Here is the wonderful letter he wrote to Discovery executives about that horrible autopsy program they were going to air. Dr. Treacy has on more than one occasion stood up for his friend and patient, Michael Jackson and he has done so once again. With his permission, I share his letter to Discovery Executives with you...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dear Sir,

As a personal friend and previous physician to Michael Jackson for some years, I would like to also add my name to the growing number of people who feel that the special show to air in the UK on January 13th called “Michael Jackson’s Autopsy: What Really Killed Michael Jackson,” is being done for the wrong reasons and transgresses the boundaries of prudence and good taste.

Autopsies, either forensic or academic should only be performed for legal or medical purposes, rather than for entertainment. A forensic autopsy should be only performed, as in this case, whenever the cause of death may be a criminal matter and this is the reason you do not intend this production within the US jurisdiction. Your show debases what is accepted decent behaviour within legal and medical practice in western civilisation since possibly two and a half millennia. Forensic autopsies have been performed under established clear regulatory parameters since 150 BC, including that of Julius Caesar in 44BC, which showed the second stab wound was the fatal one. Permission is normally required from next of kin is usually required for autopsy, although in this case you are circumventing this by use of a synthetic cadaver. There is a copy of the official coroner’s report on public record so I don’t presume the viewers will learn anything new from your production.

It seems to me that the Discovery Channel is attempting to cash in on the misfortune of mythically famous cultural icon, with no respect either for human decency or the feelings of his children.

Shame on you,

Dr. Patrick Treacy
Medical Director
Ailesbury Clinics Ltd.
Suite 6 Merrion Court
Ailesbury Road
Dublin 4 IRELAND

The power of the fans, how many weeks were we putting links to the petition in our tweets, Facebook status', airing our disgust at the show, contacting the Estate and getting them to respond and then it making international news. It was the fans that made continual noise about this and refused to give up over the last couple of weeks. The fans deserve every inch of credit for doing this, when family members wouldnt respond to us when we contacted them over Twitter the fans still kept going. It worked and this shows how Michael has the best fans in the world. We never give up and are forever loyal to Michael.
I believe the Estate's involvement is what pushed them and made the postpone/cancel this, without their involvement there wasn't enough pressure, but we as fans, did an amazing job by bringing enough attention to this matter for the estate to even get involved, when family members were too busy ranting about the album, it was us who kept going.

Yes everyone did a great job. It was also important that the Estate spoke their voice as well.

Now that Discovery has made the right decision, it's important that we acknowledge and praise their decision. We need to allow them some space to rethink. They did. So we encourage everyone to reach out to Discovery to let them know that we appreciate that they did that. I know it's frustrating that they even considered airing it in the first place, but they decided not to; whatever their reason was. By doing so we will show that we not the crazy fans to which the media refers, but we are respectful and rational human beings who spoke our voice against this type of programming.

Thank you again.
MJJC Legacy Project Media Alert Team

GREAT NEWS!!! We did it! Michael's army of love strikes again!! WELL DONE EVERYBODY! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Agree 100%. Hopefully the 500 letters they'll receive on Tuesday will help make up their mind to permanently shelve this show.

I love the fact we won this battle against a media but let's get ready for many more of those battles.

Our numbers are growing and together with the Estate we could become a force that medialoid would not want to mess with unless they like getting their mailbox constantly jammed up by our messages.

Happy New Year's Day to us.:cheers:

I believe the Discovery Channels official reasons for canceling the show '"given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson's estate'...", and statement of only an indefinite postponement was largely an opportunity for them to 'save face' so to speak. There was no way they were going to admit to being coerced or foeced to compromise their supposed 'rights to free speech'. I pretty muched expected a statement like this. I am overjoyed none the less. I can only hope all 500 of those heart-felt letters will speak to the moral imperative of their decision and call to a higher sense of decency and humanity. I still have hope for that. I think we all did. Otherwise why would we have even bothered to spend the last two weeks and the last 24 hours non-stop doing what we had to to stop the aiting of this program. I know Michael belived in the inherent goodness of all people. And I know we would all do it again in a heart beat. Twenty minutes of my time is nothing compared to what Michael sacrificed every day, every hour of his life. Round of hugs to everyone!!

Kim

Has any one hear from the Jackson family?
Strange they did not say anything or make a statement, a letter from Katherine Jackson will maybe seal the deal so those people don't think it's ok for them to show this program at a later date.

well done to the fans and the estate. hopefully the year starts as it means to go on.

Has any one hear from the Jackson family?
taj tweeted about it but not a peep out of the rest

Michael said that he related to the story in the Elephant Man film from 1980. It's things like this that prove over & over why he did.

well done to the fans and the estate. hopefully the year starts as it means to go on.

taj tweeted about it but not a peep out of the rest

Marlon tweeted about it. He clearly stated he wanted the show cancelled.

3 weeks after we first contacted Taj to speak up AGAINST the discovery show, this is what he tweeted:

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Just checkin. Has any one tried to contact the executors about the Discovery special. If so what did they say. They have lawyers to stop it.
24 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Gotta go eat.. I will tweet again soon :)
24 Dec

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
I think your right. lol RT @ShakeshaLTL: @tajjackson3 stop giving em attention Taj Smh.
24 Dec

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Care to elaborate? RT @MJJCommunity: @tajjackson3 until you stop causing ish in the fan community that will definitely be a big fat no
24 Dec

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
I'm in Brasilia, do any of you guys want to meet up on the 27th like I did in Paris before.?
24 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply

Notice his invitation for a get together with fans... right before he mentioned the Discovery show. And that was 3 weeks after we've been badgering him about it.

Last edited:
This lady did a lot -

http://twitter.com/#!/DeborahFfrench

And have you seen the letter from Dr. Patrick Treacy to the Discovery Execs...

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=181436021883827&id=121841604513608

oh yes !!! and that's her who helped to cancel the LWMJ programmed to be aired last june in France !! she does great job for the name of Michael !:clapping::clapping::clapping:

This letter ... :clapping::clapping::clapping: !!!

I have no words to describe my feelings ! Power of L.O.V.E. !!!

Cancelled!!!!!!!
kermit.gif
5981d7c25388cdc9e809808d24e1263e

Great job!!!! :clapping:

Back