We Did It!!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Now we can have a Happy New Year!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
:dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:holiday::holiday::holiday::holiday::holiday:

I love your reaction :flowers: Happy New Year :)

I believe the Discovery Channels official reasons for canceling the show '"given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson's estate'...", and statement of only an indefinite postponement was largely an opportunity for them to 'save face' so to speak. There was no way they were going to admit to being coerced or foeced to compromise their supposed 'rights to free speech'. I pretty muched expected a statement like this. I am overjoyed none the less. I can only hope all 500 of those heart-felt letters will speak to the moral imperative of their decision and call to a higher sense of decency and humanity. I still have hope for that. I think we all did. Otherwise why would we have even bothered to spend the last two weeks and the last 24 hours non-stop doing what we had to to stop the aiting of this program. I know Michael belived in the inherent goodness of all people. And I know we would all do it again in a heart beat. Twenty minutes of my time is nothing compared to what Michael sacrificed every day, every hour of his life. Round of hugs to everyone!!

Kim

Agree 100%. This show will never see the light of day.!!
Wonder if the BIG O used her connection with the Discovery channel to help squash this show.

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:​

:D:D:D:D:D

Yay

We Did It!!!!

:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:​

Now we can have a Happy New Year!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
:dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:holiday::holiday::holiday::holiday::holiday:​

It honestly ends 2010 on a WONDERFUL NOTE!

i tend to believe that the "fan pressure" had nothing to do with it.
the more controversy the better for ratings.
i think they were forced to postpone it because it could influence the
jury on the murrey case. i'm pretty sure we'll see this "docu" on discovery
next year or in some years.

anyway, of course i'm happy it's off for now. lets hope it stays that way.

does anyone know if it was cancelled globally? or just in the USA?

I wonder if sponsors were starting to pull out on that program out of fear of association with something that was starting to become less than squeaky clean looking. Companies like Procter&Gamble sell you Pampers and loveydovey family stuff- how bad would it look to sell 'family products' when those supposed to buy the stuff still remember Paris Jackson words?

I'm sure that word has reached the sponsors (I know there was one petition listing the sponsors as well!) and that would have been very messy looking, to support something that goes 'against' all 'family values'.

For once the 'media' felt like what's it's like to have fingers being pointed at them. (this time very rightfully so).

It's like the first historic reversal of roles for Michael Jackson!

I hate to say it but these are the things the family should be in the forfront on ....

a Big ups to all the fans that committed time and effort to this.. and thanks to MJ's Estate...

I wonder if sponsors were starting to pull out on that program out of fear of association with something that was starting to become less than squeaky clean looking. Companies like Procter&Gamble sell you Pampers and loveydovey family stuff- how bad would it look to sell 'family products' when those supposed to buy the stuff still remember Paris Jackson words?

I'm sure that word has reached the sponsors (I know there was one petition listing the sponsors as well!) and that would have been very messy looking, to support something that goes 'against' all 'family values'.

For once the 'media' felt like what's it's like to have fingers being pointed at them. (this time very rightfully so).

It's like the first historic reversal of roles for Michael Jackson!

That's why the cancellation of this program is significant. For the first time, the media realizes deliberate and malicious attempts to demean Michael Jackson are not acceptable. Humiliating Michael Jackson is not a cool thing anymore. Discovery Channel is facing backlash from not even fans, but also the general public.

To me, this is much more important than having a #1 album because Michael is now starting to get the respect he longed for in his life.

Unfortunately, it takes his death for people to realize the wrongs had done to him. I feel relieved that HIStory will be fair to him.

I hate to say it but these are the things the family should be in the forfront on ....

a Big ups to all the fans that committed time and effort to this.. and thanks to MJ's Estate...

In my opinion, it's acutally much much more meaningful if the decision from Discovery Channel to cancel the program is resulted from public pressure than request from the family.

I want to give you some statistics which indicates what we as fans did:

In total it was more than 500 letters and more than 10000 signed online petition being FedExed. Discovery bosses will receive a big package it in a few days (tuesday morning).

A few of those are mine too :D

I can't express how happy and proud I feel about this victory. I am forever greateful to those brave and hard working fans who organized all this, all over the world, in FB, forums, mails, etc. Your work was TIRELESS, PASSIONATE, WELL DONE AND RESPECTFUL. For me, sending a couple of emails or notes was a little effort, you we did the most coordinating, organizating, keeping this going on!!!

It's amazing to end this year with such good news of unity and hard work and respect for our beloved Michael. This is what he needs from us. This is what we need from each other too. Love, unity, hard work.

We rock, MJ fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It honestly ends 2010 on a WONDERFUL NOTE!
Absolutely!!
And I have to say that I am really so happy to see this at the end of 2010. We had so many troubles, divisions, fights and hate and sadness, that this is really what we were in desperate need of. This is the kind of things that L.O.V.E., sure, but also HARD WORK + UNITY + ORGANIZATION can acchieve.

This is really what Michael Jackson taught us to do. I am so proud!!

GREAT news! Well done fans, congrats to everybody involved. Love you all. :heart:
Such great, great news.

I am so proud to be a mj fan right now

We did it guys!!! :punk:

A few of those are mine too :D

I can't express how happy and proud I feel about this victory. I am forever greateful to those brave and hard working fans who organized all this, all over the world, in FB, forums, mails, etc. Your work was TIRELESS, PASSIONATE, WELL DONE AND RESPECTFUL. For me, sending a couple of emails or notes was a little effort, you we did the most coordinating, organizating, keeping this going on!!!

It's amazing to end this year with such good news of unity and hard work and respect for our beloved Michael. This is what he needs from us. This is what we need from each other too. Love, unity, hard work.

We rock, MJ fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are real heros behind it and it is not me.:) I hope they will say who they are. There are some justice fan groups who strated it. It was on twitter (according to my own twitts) on December 19th and then it started to grow like a snow ball.I think on FB it was before, becuase the petition was started on FB by the same group.
It is amazing that all fans came together and did it for our dearest Michael.:)

Not to take away the joy of the moment nor the success but he program has only been postponed.

I have sent an email to my cable company requiring that they inform Discovery Channel Network that I will not be resuming any viewing of their programs which will include their latest the OWN until they publicly announce that this program is canceled forever. It makes it sound like they are doing this only because of the trial and not because they care of the harm they can do to a family.

If I do not hear back from my provider within 72 hours than I will call them and keep calling and emailing until I do. (an email can be a permanent record)

I am requiring my provider to notify me when my message has been received by Discovery. I am making it official. No silliness from either company. The Media omitted to report of us blocking Discovery so we will have to find a way to make sure next time they do.

I do not want to do this again in 6 month to a year later. In the meantime the air we breath is a little clearer.

Happy New Years.

What a wonderful person you are. Your actions really give me a good feeling. Well done!!!!

Ok, the show was POSTPONED not cancelled according to recent updates. I guess we have to continue calling, sending e-mails and such... .

The Senior Vice President of Discovery Europe:

Nicolas Bonard,
Senior Vice President Discovery Enterprises
International Discovery Networks Europe
Chiswick Park Building 2 / 566 Chiswick High Road London, W4 5YB UK
His Email is:

Nicolas_Bonard@discovery-europe.com

His Assistant is Lucy Radcliffe. Her email is:

Lucy_Radcliffe@discovery-europe.com

Her direct number is:

From US (011 44) 208 811 3033
From UK 0208 811 3033

I've thought I saw the word 'postponed' when reading today's news headlines....... too good to be true. Here's to its cancelation eventually.

I've thought I saw the word 'postponed' when reading today's news headlines....... too good to be true. Here's to its cancelation eventually.

Edited. Ok. I got it. I think this is something weird. The title says "cancelled" and the article says "postponed"

Last edited:
Personally I think they're saying postponed like someone said to 'save face'. I don't think (or I hope it won't) be shown. If not we'll do this all again, for the big guy.

Back