DISCUSSION: Possible Tracks On 2nd CD "This Is It"

EDIT2: ---- Never Mind ---- Didn't see the latest statement:
The second disc features previously-unreleased mixes of selected hits,

EDIT 1: I'm sure there's a whole lot of unreleased instrumental music.
Just look back on how much different stuff Brad Buxer & Greg Phillinganes played in between Michael's performances while on tour.

Last edited:
Just to clarify on MJ's recent work. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Rodney Jerkins has said there's 9 tracks we haven't heard that they've done together.

Will.I.Am stated they finished I believe 4 songs, but there are 9 that they've worked on.

Akon stated that they worked on several new tracks, but "Hold My Hand" was the only one completed.

As far as Ne-Yo knows, MJ has never gone into they studio to record any of Ne-Yo's songs. He stated "he's very, very picky."

CD2
1 She's Out Of My Life Demo Track 3:19
2 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' Demo Track 5:43
3 Beat It Demo Track 2:03
4 Planet Earth Poem Track 3:13

So only three Demo Tracks???

CD2

yes, just that. They are demo versions of classic songs, as I told you earlier.

PS : Starlight is NOT included on any Thriller SE acetate disc.

CD2

Don't we already have the WBSS demo??? :scratch:

and please, PLEASE no remixes, megamixes, supermixes or any kind of mixes!!!
I like demo's though. As long as it isn't one we already have!! and we do already have a nice amount of demos from otw and thriller from the SE's

Well, I wouldn't exactly expect you to say it was.. lol

Last edited:
But why only four tracks on the second CD?? More than 65 minutes left.

Why not include more Demo tracks or the full version of Songs Like-
The Girl is Mine-MJ vocal only-the full version of Circus Girl, Hot Street, Nightline etc etc.

Why only 4 tracks??? Where is the logic???

well if sony sent you that info, that disc two has only 3 crapola demos and one spoken poem (spoken poem sounds awesome) - then email them back and say that is a disgusting crappy release :) the poem will be cool but other than that... 3 demos... one of which is readily available on youtube... which means really only TWO new demos, of songs which are already released... its fucking pathetic I reckon.

Its like saying "Have disc one of the songs you already have, then a second disc with half finished unmasterd dodgy versions of three of those same songs"

YUCK!

I hope that info is incorrect.

well if sony sent you that info, that disc two has only 3 crapola demos and one spoken poem (spoken poem sounds awesome) - then email them back and say that is a disgusting crappy release :) the poem will be cool but other than that... 3 demos... one of which is readily available on youtube... which means really only TWO new demos, of songs which are already released... its fucking pathetic I reckon.

Its like saying "Have disc one of the songs you already have, then a second disc with half finished unmasterd dodgy versions of three of those same songs"

YUCK!

I hope that info is incorrect.

100% agree!

By the way is the info about the tracklist 100% official???
So we cannot hope for a better release. It´s official that Disc 2 has only 3 songs??

A Japanese newspaper today reported that TII album would likely to have 20 songs. Neither info source nor tracklist were disclosed but they may have heared it from SONY... I only hope there will be more unreleased songs, but I will buy it anyway for the demos, Planet Earth and the picture booklet.

PS : Starlight is NOT included on any Thriller SE acetate disc. MJDATABANK

Yes it is.

Normally Soundtracks contain music which was used in the movie or inspired the movie. I think the soundtrack will contain his rehearsal parts in audio....

A Japanese newspaper today reported that TII album would likely to have 20 songs.

Which would be the 14 GH + 2 versions of TII on disc 1, plus the 3 demos and PE on disc 2... What a waste of over an hour's disc space...

you see CD 1, im confused what it means, does it mean its just gonna be the studio album versions of the songs in them film or a live version of it? thanks

First CD will contain the original studio version music we all already have and two versions of TII Single, the trick is that they are in the same order playing like on the TII Movie, i guess the idea is for the non MJ fans to get the songs if they liked them at the movie

CD 2 will contain un heard demos of the original classics plus a recorded spoken poem.

The question is, why are they hiding the new music ?

and is the song "THIS IS IT" retitled to this name for this album ?!

I'd like to get a bit of a discussion going of what peoples' thoughts are regarding which songs might be on the 2nd CD of the "This Is It" sound track.

Firstly, as they're described as unreleased versions of previously released tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if these were included:

This Is It - early version (1980)
Starlight - early demo of Thriller (1981)
Hot Fever - early demo of The Way You Make Me Feel (1985)
Chicago 1945 - early demo of Smooth Criminal (1987)

Other possibles:

Little Susie - early version (1979)
For All Time - early version (1982)
Al Capone - another early version of Smooth Criminal (1985)
Black Or White - early demo version (1987)
Heal The World - early demo version (1989)
Blood On The Dance Floor - early version (1990)
They Don't Care About Us - early version (1990 -1994)
Cry - early version (1991)
Superfly Sister - early version (1991)
Is It Scary - early demo (1993)
Morphine - early version (alt. title "Just Say No") (1994)

In saying this ofcourse any demo from any released song could be included.

What are you thoughts??

I see everyone's pretty much going with songs we already know of, but I think it would be nice to see some songs that Michael has written/recorded for the "new" album he was working on. Also, some more recent stuff.....I really don't think all these 'old' demo's will be on there. If they are, well, then........nothing. :doh::lol:

Sounds like another rip off by Sony and AEG.. Another useless compilation.. The main intention is to make more money, not to make fans happy, so I guess we're gonna have another greatest hits cd with album versions, some remixes, a spoken poem, one unreleased song, and maybe one or two demo versions... I think both the movie and the CD should be boycotted by Michael's fans.. Michael was murdered for this, and Sony and AEG got his blood on their hands.. This is the first time that I actually encourage people to get both the movie and the cd downloaded illegally instead of paying for it, and by that, paying the people that killed Michael.. Look for "This is NOT it" on facebook...

First CD will contain the original studio version music we all already have and two versions of TII Single, the trick is that they are in the same order playing like on the TII Movie, i guess the idea is for the non MJ fans to get the songs if they liked them at the movie

CD 2 will contain un heard demos of the original classics plus a recorded spoken poem.

The question is, why are they hiding the new music ?

and is the song "THIS IS IT" retitled to this name for this album ?!

If this is true, I won't be buying this.

If it are just songs i have heard before i wont buy the album. I dont need another greatest hits album with one or two new songs.

there must be more than jusr 4 songs on disc 2.

Just to clarify on MJ's recent work. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Rodney Jerkins has said there's 9 tracks we haven't heard that they've done together.

Will.I.Am stated they finished I believe 4 songs, but there are 9 that they've worked on.

Akon stated that they worked on several new tracks, but "Hold My Hand" was the only one completed.

As far as Ne-Yo knows, MJ has never gone into they studio to record any of Ne-Yo's songs. He stated "he's very, very picky."

This represents 1% of Mj's unreleased songs vault, there are hunderds of unreleased songs....

Unreleased songs from the jackson 5 era
Unreleased songs from the Jacksons era
Unreleased songs from off the wall era
Unreleased songs from the thriller era
Unreleased songs from the bad era
Unreleased songs from the dangerous era
Unreleased songs from the history era ( MJ worked with Teddy Riley in that era) still none of the songs they created together made the final cut.
Unreleased songs from the Invinicble era ( 120 songs were recorded during the sessions only 16 made the final cut)
Unreleased songs from Invincible until june 25, reports suggested that Mj has recorded 160 to 200 during that time,these are finished tracks not rough demos according to an article posted after mj's death...

see ..there are many many songs ...lol, we will still dance to Mj's music for at least 40 years.

I probaly wont buy the album either. Il just download the new stuff.. Dont need another album of old songs, thank you very much.

the 2nd disc will have every demo of each track from the movie including instrumentals.
Its gonna be amazing

Back