[Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

no news at all from the courthouse?

Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

Impatiently waiting.....

Probate claim got dismissed. yay

Home » Hollywood » This Article

Dancer allegedly molested by Michael Jackson can’t file claim, judge rules
POSTED BY JOHN SCHREIBER ON MAY 27, 2015 IN HOLLYWOOD | 8 VIEWS | LEAVE A RESPONSE

A dancer-choreographer who alleges he was molested by Michael Jackson cannot file a late creditor’s claim against the singer’s estate.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff decision to dismiss Wade Robson’s petition came more than a month after he heard arguments on the estate’s motion to toss the case. Beckloff issued his 19-page ruling on Tuesday.

Robson, 32, alleged Jackson molested him between 1990-97, though he testified in the singer’s 2005 child molestation trial — which involved another boy and ended with Jackson’s acquittal — that the entertainer did not abuse him.

Attorney Howard Weitzman, on behalf of the Jackson estate, today hailed Beckloff’s ruling.

“The court’s dismissal of Wade Robson’s claim against the estate of Michael Jackson confirms that his lawsuit was inappropriately filed,” Weitzman said. “Mr. Robson testified under oath in a courtroom that Michael never did anything improper with him. The estate believes his testimony was honest when his sole motivation was ‘to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”‘

Robson needed a judge’s permission to bring a late probate court claim because his court papers were filed in May 2013, nearly four years after the entertainer’s June 25, 2009, overdose death at age 50.

Maryann Marzano, one of Robson’s lawyers, said during the April hearing that the facts of her client’s case “cry out” for equity to be applied so that he is not deprived to his right to have a full hearing rather than see his case disposed of in a single motion.

Marzano argued Robson’s case illustrates that there was no “ah, ha” moment for her client and that until he received therapy and realized he was molested by Jackson, he could not do anything sooner because he had been “brainwashed into believing it was consensual.”

But attorney Jonathan Steinsapir, on behalf of the estate, countered that limits must be placed on when claims can be filed, irrespective of how serious their nature, so that others cannot keep bringing similar cases against the Jackson executors and other estates for years to come.

Beckloff agreed.

“Even assuming the plaintiff’s position is correct … both parties before the court recognize that any such (impediment) exists only for a reasonable time period after any violence, intimidation or threatening conduct by the decedent ceases,” Beckloff wrote.

In his most recent sworn statement filed in connection with his attempt to file a late probate claim against the singer’s estate, Robson said May 8, 2012, was a key date for him.

“I began to recognize for myself that Jackson had molested me,” Robson alleged. “It was on that date in my therapy session … that I first spoke about the sexual activity I had with Jackson. This revelation initiated an enormous emotional, psychological and physiological upheaval in my life that continues until this day.”

Attorney Henry Gradstein, who also represents Robson, said earlier that regardless of the outcome of the petition to file the late creditor’s claim, his client can proceed in a separate case against the corporate arm Jackson established before his death.

— City News Service

http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2015/...-michael-jackson-cant-file-claim-judge-rules/

Oh, this is great! :clap: He that go do something else to make money. Work or something. He can appeal this decision?

Thank you God!!!!!! Hopefully that 19 page ruling destroys everything else.

I also hope the wording destroys any future chance he has of working in the entertainment industry ever again.

Last edited:

Good news.

Excellent! It was the only logical decision for the probate judge.

Safechuck's claims will most likely follow suit. I truly hope whoever funded this doomed venture will be revealed.

yaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssss

Excellent news!

At the end of the was it worth it Wade? I know it's not over but it's a good start

Long time waiting for this GOOD NEWS! It's not over yet....but, a good damn sign to start off with!

YESSSSS, thank you God. God is GOOD all the time. Heavenly Father you are the MAN. Wade go crawl back under your rock where you belong and take James with you.

This is great news. Truth prevailed.

As many of you said, this is really good news. Robson cannot sue Estate and/or MJ. Per judge's reasoning (as far as media reported), it is safe to say Safechuck probate claim will also most likely be dismissed in due time.

However this is far from over. First probably Robson (and later Safechuck) will appeal the decisions. Appeal success rate is about 20% but appeal would probably go nowhere but still will be active for a 1-2 years.

There's still the civil case against the MJ companies. That will be the focus now. the next hearing is on June 30 for that.

Finally! Wonderful news!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I realize this isn't the end, but it's a victory none the less and for that I'm grateful.:clapping:

I hope we get a chance to read the judge's ruling at some point.

I hope we get a chance to read the judge's ruling at some point.

Media report came at the end of the court day (4:30 PM LA time), so let's wait. It's possible other media will report about it tomorrow and might even post the ruling. If not, I'll ask the fans in LA to get a copy from the court. It won't be quick but if needed we can get a copy eventually.

I live literally like 4 miles from the courthouse. I could easily get down there next week to request.

Well, Hallelujah!!!! :clapping:This news was worth the wait. Really feeling good right now. :D Can barely wait now until the other two cases are officially kicked straight out the courthouse door as well!

I live literally like 4 miles from the courthouse. I could easily get down there next week to request.

sweet. If media doesn't post the ruling the next few days, I'll PM you over the weekend with details. so yay :)

Hallelujah, thank you Jesus! I chose to stay away from this mess when it began because I just could not put myself through the emotional rollercoaster again, the first two times was enough. As have been stated its not all over, but this ruling gives me more hope that the cases remaining will die a similar death as Robson's shakedown.

To Robson I say, BEAT IT!!!!!

Love you Michael, your fans will always stan for you.

Wade Robson’s Michael Jackson Rape Case Dismissed — Inside The Ruling
Posted on May 27, 2015 @ 18:03PM
Michael Jackson Molestation Case Thrown Out Wade Robson
Getty Images
Former Michael Jackson Prosecutor Gives Sex Crimes Accuser Wade Robson Files From Past Cases
Maids Reveal Michael Jackson’s Filth and Perversion
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Michael Jackson’s sex accuser Wade Robson will not be able to continue his claims against the estate of the late singer. RadarOnline.com has learned that the complaint has been dismissed by Judge Mitchell Beckloff.

The estate’s famed attorney, Howard Weitzman, told Radar exclusively, “Our Motion for Summary Judgment was granted and Robson’s Request to File a Late Claim against the Estate was denied.”

“The court’s dismissal of Wade Robson’s claim against the Estate of Michael Jackson confirms that his lawsuit was inappropriately filed,” Weitzman said. “Mr. Robson testified under oath in a courtroom that Michael never did anything improper with him. The Estate believes his testimony was honest when his sole motivation was ‘to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'”

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson’s Secret Pain: Never-Before-Seen Drawings Illustrate Anxiety, Depression & Insecurity, Art Therapist Claims

Robson’s attorneys previously argued that the claim should be allowed to proceed, even though it was filed four years after Jackson’s death. They said that it wasn’t until Robson began therapy that the choreographer realized he was allegedly molested by Jackson.

Robson had been a star witness for Jackson during the 2005 molestation trial in Santa Maria, and testified the singer had never sexually abused him. But he later claimed that Jackson sexually abused and even anally raped him from 1990 to 1997.

Lawyers for Jackson’s estate had argued the claim shouldn’t be allowed to proceed because it was filed after the deadline. Even if a judge allowed the claim to proceed, the estate said it would be rejected, forcing the case into civil court.

Attorneys for Robson didn’t immediately respond to request for comment.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/wade-robson-michael-jackson-molestation-case-dismissed/

Such great news. Thank you judge Beckloff for acting ethically according to the law and thank you Howard Weitzmand co. for their grate job defending Michael. I also thank you guys who took the time to explain the legal procedings. credit where credit is due!

Anthony McCartney from AP has just tweeted he will be posting the news -updated with details - soon. Will post it here when it gets updated.

Best news I've heard all of this year. Thank you God.

THANK. GOD. I know that one civil case is still going but this is a great start and just great news in general! :dancin:

GOOD! Hopefully this means people will cease trying to get money by bullshitting about this!

Molestation Claim Against Michael Jackson's Estate Dismissed
LOS ANGELES — May 27, 2015, 9:43 PM ET
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY AP Entertainment Writer
Associated Press
A choreographer who accused Michael Jackson of years of molestation cannot pursue his allegations against the singer's estate because he waited too long to file the legal action, a judge ruled.

Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff wrote in his ruling Tuesday that Robson's claim is untimely and should be dismissed.

Robson had previously denied the pop superstar molested him and testified in Jackson's defense at the singer's criminal trial in 2005. Robson also spoke favorably about Jackson after the singer's death in 2009.

However, Robson sued Jackson's estate in May 2013 over the molestation allegations.

Attorneys for Robson said Jackson molested him over a seven-year period. Attorneys for Jackson's estate have denied the allegations.

Robson's attorney Maryann Marzano wrote in a statement that Beckloff's ruling will be appealed, and the molestation claim will be pursued against Jackson's business entities.

Jackson estate attorney Howard Weitzman praised the ruling and noted Robson's previous testimony about Jackson.

"Mr. Robson testified under oath in a courtroom that Michael never did anything improper with him," Weitzman wrote in an email.

Marzano, however, wrote that her client was incapable of filing his legal action any sooner due to psychological damage he suffered. She also noted that Beckloff's ruling did not make any determination about whether Robson's allegations were factual.

"We are confident that when all the facts are presented in civil court, there will be no doubt left about just what kind of sexual predator Jackson was," Marzano wrote.

Robson was 5 when he met Jackson, and he spent the night at Neverland Ranch more than 20 times, sleeping in the singer's bedroom on most visits, he told jurors during the trial that ended with Jackson's acquittal.

Robson bristled at testimony by other witnesses that they had seen Jackson molest him.

"I'm very mad about it," Robson told jurors. "It's not true and they put my name through the dirt. I'm really not happy about it."

Robson, an Australian-born choreographer, has appeared on the Fox series "So You Think You Can Dance" and worked with Britney Spears and other stars.

Marzano argued at an April hearing that the seriousness of the claims being lodged against Jackson's estate warranted a full evidentiary hearing.

Jackson estate attorney Jonathan Steinsapir argued that the law doesn't allow liability for a person's actions to transfer to their estate in perpetuity, and that Robson missed his opportunity to file a claim.

Jackson died at 50 while preparing for a series of comeback concerts dubbed "This Is It." His estate benefits his mother and three children.

The pop singer died deeply in debt, but a posthumous bounce in the popularity of his music has generated hundreds of millions of dollars.

Robson filed one of the last major claims against Jackson's estate, although disputes with a former business manager, another man alleging underage sexual abuse, and the IRS remain unresolved.

———

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...im-michael-jacksons-estate-dismissed-31352612

LOL at Marzano

Robson's attorney Maryann Marzano wrote in a statement that Beckloff's ruling will be appealed, and the molestation claim will be pursued against Jackson's business entities.

Marzano, however, wrote that her client was incapable of filing his legal action any sooner due to psychological damage he suffered. She also noted that Beckloff's ruling did not make any determination about whether Robson's allegations were factual.

"We are confident that when all the facts are presented in civil court, there will be no doubt left about just what kind of sexual predator Jackson was," Marzano wrote.

Back