Dispatching TICKETS!!

dont see why that should be an issue. u have already bought the tickets. the billing info is just there for when u want to buy more tickets. so u dont have to go through the who process of putting the card number in. have u paid for the tickets? if so i dont see an problem. u can change your billing details when u want imo. add xtra cards or take them off. if u are worried just ring ticketmaster

^^ okay thanks but I found it strange that they needed the creditcardinfo before you would enter the account because you can add more creditcardinformation.

And how about someone else but the creditcard holder picking the tickets up from the box office. I didn't select the option during the purchase. Sorry if this is already discussed, i cant go through all the pages if you don't mind

And how about someone else but the creditcard holder picking the tickets up from the box office. I
not possible from what tm have said. if theres issues i guess they might sort something out.normally u can get a letter but i dont think the 02 allow this. so u have to make sure u contact tm 5 days or so b4 you travel if u dnt have yuor tickets

Someone needs to ask Ticketmaster about people on joint credit card accounts and authorized users, to help you guys who might need to pick up the tickets at the O2.

You can easily have someone, a parent, hell, even a friend add you onto their credit card account as what's called an "authorized user". You'll get a whole additional card, same billing name/address/card number/exp date as the original... just with YOUR name on the card itself. At least in the US it's easy to be added as a user. The main card holder just has to call up the cc company. It may take a couple of weeks to get the new card in the mail though. That way when you show up to pick up the tickets the CARD is the SAME CARD used to buy the tickets AND has your name on it, to match your passport. If they don't accept that, then they really are insane. Even airlines will take this for boarding international flights!

We've done this in my family. For example, my mom bought plane tickets for me with her card, but then they say the card must be presented and must match the *passport* to obtain the boarding pass. But she wasn't flying! It was me! No problem. She added me as an authorized user. I got a card (same account info) with MY name on it. The airport folks had NO issue accepting this to board the plane. I've done the same thing with my husband. When we had separate last names even, I added him as a user on my cc account, he got a card with his name on it and again... NO problem picking up boarding passes, even though I had used the card with MY name for the original purchase them. The CARD was the key... the cc number, exp date, billing. It was the exact same account. It would be hard to believe that Ticketmaster would be any different. LOTS of people have joint accounts. If a husband and wife shared an account but each had their own cards, would they actually deny the wife picking up the tickets on the same card number??? Seems unlikely... but it's Ticketmaster we're talking about...

Someone needs to ask Ticketmaster about people on joint credit card accounts and authorized users, to help you guys who might need to pick up the tickets at the O2.

You can easily have someone, a parent, hell, even a friend add you onto their credit card account as what's called an "authorized user". You'll get a whole additional card, same billing name/address/card number/exp date as the original... just with YOUR name on the card itself. At least in the US it's easy to be added as a user. The main card holder just has to call up the cc company. It may take a couple of weeks to get the new card in the mail though. That way when you show up to pick up the tickets the CARD is the SAME CARD used to buy the tickets AND has your name on it, to match your passport. If they don't accept that, then they really are insane. Even airlines will take this for boarding international flights!

We've done this in my family. For example, my mom bought plane tickets for me with her card, but then they say the card must be presented and must match the *passport* to obtain the boarding pass. But she wasn't flying! It was me! No problem. She added me as an authorized user. I got a card (same account info) with MY name on it. The airport folks had NO issue accepting this to board the plane. I've done the same thing with my husband. When we had separate last names even, I added him as a user on my cc account, he got a card with his name on it and again... NO problem picking up boarding passes, even though I had used the card with MY name for the original purchase them. The CARD was the key... the cc number, exp date, billing. It was the exact same account. It would be hard to believe that Ticketmaster would be any different. LOTS of people have joint accounts. If a husband and wife shared an account but each had their own cards, would they actually deny the wife picking up the tickets on the same card number??? Seems unlikely... but it's Ticketmaster we're talking about...

Yea but what if my friend bought ticket for me ....I doubt he wants share his account with me lool , its not option ....

And about plain ... Is it same for all company's that you need to show card with what you have buy plain ticket ? ( i used wizz air )

Yea but what if my friend bought ticket for me ....I doubt he wants share his account with me lool , its not option ....

And about plain ... Is it same for all company's that you need to show card with what you have buy plain ticket ? ( i used wizz air )
Then that's a problem, right? Adding someone as a user means you're willing to trust them to run around London with your credit card account, lol. It's probably more of a solution for those in the same family, I would guess. But then, your friend could always add you as a user and once you pick up the ticks call the cc company and have you immediatly removed, lol. I don't know. It was just a suggestion for some people who can do it. I only know a couple friends who I'd truly trust in the end with my credit card account, lol. Not that I think they'd party with it, but I'd be afraid they'd lose the card or something.

With plane tickets... I've only flown internationally in the last few years, like US to Germany and back via Heathrow or Copenhagen, with SAS and British Airways. Since tickets were purchased online, the credit card becomes the verification method at the airport (if required). The last time we flew on BA we weren't asked for anything but passports to board in Germany, but in Seattle they wanted to see the card at the desk. It depends on where you're flying, you know. Flying in and out of the US nowadays is different that flying around Europe, for example.

You can also send the tickets (or let someone send it) to someone you know in London and the buyer can pick them up there?

I have a doubt and I am worried. I live in Brazil in the city of Sao Paulo and bought my ticket to the show of the day January 12 at Ticketmaster. In confirmation of the purchase that I received by e-mail says:

"Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until 7-10 days before the event. Please do not contact us unless you have not received your tickets within 7 days of the event. "

My question is: is that my ticket will arrive in time? Will they will be alert to the dispatch of tickets to people who live in other countries far away? I have programmed to arrive in London on 9 January. I am afraid that my ticket does not arrive in time...​

I have a doubt and I am worried. I live in Brazil in the city of Sao Paulo and bought my ticket to the show of the day January 12 at Ticketmaster. In confirmation of the purchase that I received by e-mail says:

"Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until 7-10 days before the event. Please do not contact us unless you have not received your tickets within 7 days of the event. "

My question is: is that my ticket will arrive in time? Will they will be alert to the dispatch of tickets to people who live in other countries far away? I have programmed to arrive in London on 9 January. I am afraid that my ticket does not arrive in time...​

I think they may send the ticket earlier as you live abroad. E -mail customer services & explain your worries. Perhaps see if you can arrange to collect your ticket on the day of the show at the box office, then you wouldn't have the worry of the ticket getting lost.

I think they may send the ticket earlier as you live abroad. E -mail customer services & explain your worries. Perhaps see if you can arrange to collect your ticket on the day of the show at the box office, then you wouldn't have the worry of the ticket getting lost.

Ok. Thanks! But like you said I think they will send for me sooner. Not only have many people from other countries who bought tickets. Well, I think I will send an email and see what they say.

^^^ I have the same problem and I e-mailed them like a month ago and haven't gotten a reply yet... And they expect me to trust that they'll answer my e-mail 5 DAYS before I travel? WTF! Sorry but I'm a little annoyed, I e-mailed the O2 with some questions and got a reply within days...

Anyway, I think the "pick up at the box office" thing is a bad idea too, there will be hundreds or even thousands of ppl in the same situation...can you imagine the lines? Especially if they only open the box office only 30 mins or an hour before the concert starts?:no:

Why is it so hard to send e-tickets is beyond me.... It would save a lot of time and pissed off emails from ppl.

^^^ I have the same problem and I e-mailed them like a month ago and haven't gotten a reply yet... And they expect me to trust that they'll answer my e-mail 5 DAYS before I travel? WTF! Sorry but I'm a little annoyed, I e-mailed the O2 with some questions and got a reply within days...

Anyway, I think the "pick up at the box office" thing is a bad idea too, there will be hundreds or even thousands of ppl in the same situation...can you imagine the lines? Especially if they only open the box office only 30 mins or an hour before the concert starts?:no:

Why is it so hard to send e-tickets is beyond me.... It would save a lot of time and pissed off emails from ppl.

Yeah, I'm amazed they didn't use e-tickets too! Especially for such an international show! Have you tried calling them?

I would call instead of email.

They do not respond to mail, ive sent 3 and got NO reply whatsoever.

No I haven't tried calling yet, I'll be doing that a bit closer to the time.
Did anyone from the States call in yet? Do they put you on hold for a long time? I bet it's expensive....:no:

Do they put you on hold for a long time? I bet it's expensive....:no:
if u ring the 0161 number ive never been on hold for very long. the last time i rung was the longest maybe 5 mins but i guess thats cause of all the mj refund calls. b4 that i got answered pretty much within a minute or 2

I called them from Sydney and was put throught within minutes...
Guys outside of the UK dont hesitate to call TM their customer service is really good

I added an international phone plan to mine. It's like $0.10 a minute, but when they make me hold for like 20 minutes, yep. Gets annoying and expensive. Especially when they finally get to you and don't know how to answer your questions.

I added an international phone plan to mine. It's like $0.10 a minute, but when they make me hold for like 20 minutes, yep. Gets annoying and expensive. Especially when they finally get to you and don't know how to answer your questions.

That really sounds annoying!

I had very little luck calling them too. - They didn't know anything and couldn't answer my questions.! :doh:

It is annoying, isn't it? They don't even know what their own terms and conditions are!

Is it expensive to call??

it wasnt cheap but not expensive either...and I called from my mobile..
I wasnt put on hold (called them twice and will have to call them again) and my query was dealt with in a very professional manner

is it worth 20AUD to get the answers I am looking for...absolutely!

Just recieved this email from Ticketmaster..

Dear Ticketmaster Customer
We recently sent you an email to advise you that Michael Jackson's show producers announced the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.
This is a follow up email to remind you that the 8th July event that you purchased tickets for is now scheduled for 13th July 2009. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically be moved to the revised date.
If you cannot attend the revised date please contact us no now to obtain a full refund at Michaeljackson@Ticketmaster.co.uk or via the Michael Jackson Customer Support line on 0844 277 9982.
Please note due to the timeline involved in rescheduling this show your tickets will now be dispatched closer to the event date..
Regards
Ticketmaster - sent on behalf of AEG Live

So they still arent sending them out yet? :scratch:

Just recieved this email from Ticketmaster..

Dear Ticketmaster Customer
We recently sent you an email to advise you that Michael Jackson's show producers announced the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.
This is a follow up email to remind you that the 8th July event that you purchased tickets for is now scheduled for 13th July 2009. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically be moved to the revised date.
If you cannot attend the revised date please contact us no now to obtain a full refund at Michaeljackson@Ticketmaster.co.uk or via the Michael Jackson Customer Support line on 0844 277 9982.
Please note due to the timeline involved in rescheduling this show your tickets will now be dispatched closer to the event date..
Regards
Ticketmaster - sent on behalf of AEG Live

So they still arent sending them out yet? :scratch:

Wasn't the cut off date for a refund the 19th?

Back