Do any of you know some of these artists

Dudie

Proud Member
Every year I go to a music festival here with music from all over the world. Most of the time I don't know the artists so me and my dad just walk around and stay watching at artists which sound good. There is one main field with 2 big stages and a few smaller ones so music and workshops everywhere. Last year Lauren Hill was supposed to come but cancelled and this year the bigger act is N.E.R.D. But that's on the saturday and I only go sunday this year. A few years ago Olodum was there too. You know those people in They Don't Care About Us.. they where good.. no wonder they worked with Michael:D

Since this is a forum with people from all over the world I was wondering if some of you know some of these artists/groups? I did see music clips on youtube of a few artists and i'm just curious coz I didn't hear of any of them before :)

Quique Neira

Ozomatli 

Babylon Circus

Alison Hinds 

Calle 13

Sean Paul

Suarez
Merdan Taplak Orkestar

Lyapis
Trubetskoy

BCUC

Mil Santos

Depedro 

Kirmizi 

Victor Deme

Rachid Taha

Purnati Dance Theater Company

Ikobe

Xindira Companhia

Taiwa Jazz Band

Metzo Djatah 

Wind Afrique

I know Sean Paul , Babylon Circus and Rachid Taha. Babylon Circus is a french band, they're playing ska/reggae/rock music and Rachid Taha's music is inspired by different styles, like raï, chaâbi, techno, rock....

Last edited:

Lyapis Trubetskoy is a punk rock band from Belarus, very popular in Russia too.

Are you talking about the Mundial festival?
If so I'm going on saturday to watch the N.e.rd performance lol.
I don't know most of the bands playing either, but the atmosphere is ussually pretty good.

i know Calle 13( Puerto Rican reggaeton/ hip hop band) like above i dont really like it, Ozomatli( from Los Angeles they play a fusion of latin,rock and hip hop and are politically conscious), and Babylon Circus( ska, rock, reggae and yea they are from France)

I just know Alison Hinds shes a singer from Barbados she sings songs like 'Roll it gal'

Are you talking about the Mundial festival?
If so I'm going on saturday to watch the N.e.rd performance lol.
I don't know most of the bands playing either, but the atmosphere is ussually pretty good.

Yep!! I go there every year ever since it exists. The first years only a few hours or a day but since 5/6 years for the whole weekend with my dad. It became some sort of tradition that we go together now. To bad my dad can't go on saturday this year so we only go on sunday. I really like the festival. Good atmosphere and such. To bad the weather forecast says it's gonna rain this weekend.. Ohh well.. it's gonna be fun anyway.

Funny that somebody actually knows about the festival. Mostly when I open a topic about it somewhere people go "What festival?"

I know Sean Paul (his last single is a duet with Kerri Wilson "Hold my hand" very often aired) and Rachid Taha (oriental sounds) - I like both

Back