Do you consider Michael to be an official Michael Jackson album?

Eh. Invincible will always be the last true final album for me. But that does not mean that I shun "Michael" just because MJ never truly gave his approval on a finished product. I will always listen and buy whatever the release musically just so I can gain a sense of where he was going. But the last "true" album as I said, will always be Invincible.

So to answer the question...I guess I can say no. I would say that regarding the passing of any artist.

I so agree with that. It's so appropriate that "Best Of Joy" was one of the last songs that he ever recorded. It perfectly sums up the beauty, wonder, kindheartedness and innocence that was Michael Jackson.

Wow that's exactly how I feel about it... I just didn't know how to put it to words!! But you said it perfectly! =) Btw, love your Brit signature!! =)

No, I don't. For all the reasons people have stated here already.

Nope, as much as I love behind the mask and hold my hand, it's not enough to make up for the tracks without his voice or production.

No, it's not an official album. It was released to cash in on his death only, like many other products bearing his name sold after his death.

It's hard to say, well it's an official album, but it was not released by Michael himself, but as the situation is now when he is dead, then it's an official album...

Yes I do
MJ officially set up his estate to over see his music catalog and release products and music to
continue his legacy. They are his ambassadors and they act with his permission Officially. He
certainly didnt expect his music to be locked in a vault forever. He wanted to be Immortalized
through his work. He was working on many songs the last decade to be released. Just becuase
some dont like all the songs that the Estate chose to release on this Album doesnt mean its not
official _ Michael gave his Estate his official permission to carry on his Legacy as they see fit.

MICHAEL is an Official Album

Last edited:
It might be 'the' official album but the question is wether we consider it an official one. I don't. Doesn't have that same spark and special touch all his other albums have unfortunately.

It's a poorly executed compilation and an insult to Michael's artistry.

Once the truth prevails about the Cascio songs the album will slowly be erased from his catalogue. It will be deleted in 5-10 years time, I bet you anything. You'll only be able to pick up a copy online and eventually the estate will re-release the six legitmate tracks on a future boxset so we can all throw our "Michael" albums in the trash where they belong.

Last edited:
i think its a sensitive subject, and personnaly i hope people will love it, maybe they cant not know but maybe in years. some people dont like invincible neither and that changed a little too, i found michael better than invincible. I appreciate new material. As i look at it we can do two things hate it and maybe stop further release or try to see it as a posthumus album and love it for what is it. I hope that alot will be released, and ofcourse Michael is not her with us anymore, so he can not help with the albums and songs, we all know that. I think they will try to do the best they can to do his job for him. And i appreciate it for them fighting for michael and the songs

Yes I do
MJ officially set up his estate to over see his music catalog and release products and music to
continue his legacy. They are his ambassadors and they act with his permission Officially. He
certainly didnt expect his music to be locked in a vault forever. He wanted to be Immortalized
through his work. He was working on many songs the last decade to be released. Just becuase
some dont like all the songs that the Estate chose to release on this Album doesnt mean its not
official _ Michael gave his Estate his official permission to carry on his Legacy as they see fit.

MICHAEL is an Official Album

But the Cascio songs were not a part of Michael personal collection that are now in the hands of the Estate.............

...........and it feels like Sony had more power over the Michael album then the estate did!!!!

Yes but I tend to kind of forget it or miss it out by accident when listing certain things about MJ's albums - like in Michaelmania when asked for best/worst tracks on each album or something like that I completely forgot Michael album.

This is a good question because I really enjoy the album. The only thing that hold it back is that Michael didn't finish it himself. So I would have to agree with the majority that it is an official product, but not in the line of official albums.

I enjoy the album but I cannot think of it as OFFICAL when Michael did not sign off for it.. Infact many songs MJ kept in the vault for a reason..

:)i feel it is offical its a great album it may not be up to mjs standards but all in all is enjoyable .. anything released here on will never be up to what mjs acheivement would be but we should be happy there still is music to be heard that we havent heard yet!! :yes:

remix?? - How did you reach that conclusion?

For me, Invincible is the last album Michael released himself.

However, Michael recorded many songs that not all of us could count. Sometimes, he'll go back and rework on some of the songs he did previously. It's a well-known fact.

Is Michael an offical album? Yes. Is this the kind of album Michael would release? Probably not. Depending on which songs he would have chose to put on the next album.

As for the Cascio tracks (I know there was a huge debate about them), they are definitely Michael's voice. Those songs are the most heavily-edited songs I've ever heard of out of the entire album. If Michael went back and re-did them, I believe it will come out way more better than what we heard on those songs now. However, I like "Monster" a lot. I didn't really care too much about "Keep Your Head Up." Those Cascio tracks are on the 1st stages of those songs being done. With that, that's why I said they were very heavily-edited.

Overall, I enjoyed the album a great deal. We all have different opinions on it. I'm just happy to hear what Michael had planned to go with each individual song.

Keep Your Head Up (I THINK) is my favorite cascio track.. The rhythm is very MJ-esk.. a traditional sound of Michael.. Yeah its edited like crazy, and its not MJ standard.. But that rhythm, that chorus, is SO MJ style

remix?? - How did you reach that conclusion?

very easily, because (almost) all songs don't represent MJs vision. Each person involved in the production of the songs gave the songs a shape of their own ideas, drifted away from MJs art and vision

Back